Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• Fallleaves
    Fallleaves Member Posts: 134
    edited December 2013

Good luck with all that snow, Ruth! I've been thinking it would be nice if it snowed, but I guess I should be careful what I wish for. Going to walk right now (jogged last 4 days, so thought I'd give the joints a rest) then do 60 sit-ups, 20 push ups and a plank (that doesn't quite have the ring of "A Partridge in A Pear Tree").

• Fallleaves
    edited December 2013

Ah, I see my son (senior in high school) forgot his lunch. I now have a destination for my walk!

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited December 2013

This thread is so prolific, there is no way to catch up after a week, so I'm just going to jump back in and hope I haven't missed something significant. Had a great time in New Orleans for thanksgiving, but overindulged way to much, weigh in Wednesday tomorrow is not going to be pretty. We did a fair amount of walking, but I wasn't able to get my 10K steps in every day. Compounded by something going on with my hip - I suspect it might be the beginnings of arthritis (runs in the family), but for one day on vacation I couldn't even put my socks on. Slowly getting better, but has impacted my exercise routine for sure. Got up and did some classical stretch this morning and she was concentrating on hips, so had to stop after a while, but I must say those stretches did something cause it feels much better now. Planning my lunchtime walk.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,544
    edited December 2013

Thanks for being part of my 'best things'!

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited December 2013

I chuckle every time someone mentions Eduardo......that's what my daughter calls her vibrator (lol)!

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited December 2013

LOL S&S, nice to see you pop in Joy and Mary, Mikey is something. I'm planning on having Renee Maschinot

do my tats when she is over here in the spring.

Body Balance and release 21 that Louise taught had o'plenty planks sprinked throughout, a couple being held for 30.

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited December 2013

Walked the dogs in 82 degrees this afternoon and went to gym and did upper and lower body weight machines. Also did my 30 second plank this morning. It's supposed to get colder again here by Friday.

• sweetandspecial
    edited December 2013

Did 3.25 mile walk/run on the treadmill this morning plus some lower back and ab work. Also plan to do day 3 of the plank challenge with DH tonight.

• ruthbru
    edited December 2013

Did another 60 second plank, went to Pilates and Core (where we did a bunch of side planks....so I am really 'planked' today). The storm was delayed, so now is supposed to start later tonight. Not sure what we will do about Walking Wednesday tomorrow morning. ???

• sweetandspecial
    edited December 2013

git out yer snowshoes ruthie - can't let no stinkin' snow slow you down!!

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited December 2013

DD and I did our 30 second plank followed by a high five. ThumbsUp

Wore all my walking stuff to her choir practice with plans to walk around the parking lot for an hour. Plans destroyed by a bit of sleety rain. So we walked around Kohls and the grocery store for a bit. Boooooo to rain!

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited December 2013

Completed 30 minutes on the Elliptical tonight plus weights, sit-ups  and my 30 second day 3 plank. 

Ruth, love the saying/picture.Guess this weeks Wednesday walkers picture should be interesting...

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited December 2013

Tonight I did a Body Step class but I am super bummed, I have lost my Fitbit, at some point during my chaotic day it must have come off my jeans. I did a massive mailing for one of my clients and so I've been back and forth to the post office and then up to his house, I called the post office and they looked everywhere for me I'm waiting for my clients assistant to call me to see if maybe it came off while I was playing with the dog while I was there but I am not a happy camper - yesterday I had earned my 50 mile badge!!!!!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited December 2013

S&S this is my Eduardo ........

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited December 2013

Ruth - DH just came in from the front porch where he has a weather thermometer set up. "BRRRR - it's 40 degrees out there!" he says. I showed him pics of your snowy setting, and your ladies all bundled up to walk and told him he was a big wuss. (Although, we really ARE in for a cold snap - a long period of freezing nights in the low 20's... bad for the Ag industry out here.)

sweetandspecial - Happy

Dulcigirl - a perfect example of Retail Aerobics!!!

hbcheryl - sorry you lost your Fit Bit, whatever that is... sounds important. Um, does Eduardo make house calls?

~~~

Well today was chilly here in Cali, but I braved the wind and ran errands, starting with an appointment at the hospital, where I ran up and down four flights of stairs. I just looked at my pedometer, and so far I've got 10,574 steps. That, plus a 20 second plank, should do it for today.

Congrats to all who persevere through illness and freezing weather!!!!

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited December 2013

Well done Blessings on terrific step count and planks!

Advance freestyle step class this morning.

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited December 2013

So sorry you lost your fitbit Cheryl - I am quite addicted to mine. Must say the last few days with my sore hip and holiday madness I have not been making 10K steps, but need to get back to it.

A nice walk in at lunch yesterday, and some classical stretch this morning. No gym time in my future with holiday stuff and my husband having partial knee replacement next week.

I missed the plank challenge - what's the deal?

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited December 2013

Just did my 30 sec plank (shaking for the last 7 sec) and am starting to feel it in my abs. Yay!!! The good kind of slightly sore.

Now heading to my onc follow up. Plenty of stairs, parking garage, etc. Another dreary rainy day here. Planning in advance to just switch over to the exercise bike til the road freezes. It's like muddy quicksand out there right now.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited December 2013

Cheryl - sorry about losing the Fitbit! Maybe it'll turn up. I'm also addicted to my Fuelband, although this morning I forgot to put in on till AFTER my morning workout, so I just lost all those points. Sad Pat - on December 1 (page 577) Dulci posted a "30 Day Plank Challenge" where you hold the plank pose for successively longer periods for 30 days. Several of us have jumped on the bandwagon as you can see. Good luck with dh's partial knee replacement next week - I feel for you! Snooze

30 minute treadmill run last night, Power 90 Sweat cardio this morning, and 60 second plank afterwards. I like the plank challenge!

• ruthbru
    edited December 2013

The scene looking out my front door this morning!

• ruthbru
    edited December 2013

The Wednesday Walkers walk in the Mall!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited December 2013

Hey Ruth - I can see why the Walkers hit the mall this morning. BTW, I like the walker with the Washington DC sweatshirt! Happy

• ruthbru
    edited December 2013

She was there last year for the Cherry Blossoms!

• Fallleaves
    edited December 2013

Wow, you definitely have the winter wonderland thing going there, Ruth! I have to say I've been enjoying our warmer weather (50's and supposed to hit 64 on Thurs.) Did a 6 mile run this morning and took off the hat and gloves. (Also did 60 leg scissor thingies and a 30 sec. plank)

• sweetandspecial
    edited December 2013

Oooooh....Eduardo looks very nice SillyHeart! I captured the image and sent it to my daughter.....lol!

Got in my 30 second plank with DH last night as well as a one mile treadmill walk this morning prior to my 6am F.A.S.T. class.

• sweetandspecial
    edited December 2013

Ruth - beautiful snow picture! I'm not fond of snow but am able to appreciate the beauty of it......

• ruthbru
    edited December 2013

Pat, look at Dulci's December 1 post on page 577 for the Plank Challenge information.

Cheryl, after seeing Eduardo's photo; I believe both Heidi and I (and maybe a few more besides) will be wanting to spend the rest of the winter with you!!!! ThumbsUp

• ruthbru
    edited December 2013

shoveled, took a nap, did my plank, went to Zumba (the side streets aren't plowed out yet, so that made for 'interesting' driving!).

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited December 2013

Thanks, LilacBlue - sending gentle hugs and healing thoughts for you and your DH....

pat01 - I printed up the Plank Challenge. I am on Day 3. I am looking forward to my Day Of Rest.

Dulci - so glad to know it's not just me starting to shake before the end of planking...

Ruth - GORGEOUS snow pic, and cute one of you and your ladies...

Fallleaves - six miles!!!! WooHOO!

sweetandspecial - I can't even get up for an 8 a.m. swim class. A 6 a.m. class? I don't think so!!!

~ ~ ~

More stairs at the hospital today, as one of the clinics moved to the third floor. More Retail Aerobics as I went to the hardware store for stocking stuffers for DH. Got some sewing to do tonight, so I'd better shake my booty if I want to get in my 10,000 steps. And my first 30 second Plank Challenge tonight. I've found I prefer it wearing shoes. One less body part to tremble....

• sweetandspecial
    edited December 2013

Blessings - it ain't always easy to get up that early (and I do skip sometimes) but there's no way I could fit it in after work, and am typically exhausted at the end of the day anyway.  Early morning is the only way I can make sure it gets done.  Alarm goes off at 5am, I hit the snooze once or twice and am usually up by 5:20 or so and at the gym by about 5:40.  M/W/F are the group class days and T/Th it's a treadmill walk/run, lower back and ab work and if I have time I try to do 10-15 minutes on the stair climber.  And always a good stretch afterward.  I pack my gym bag the night before with my work clothes, shoes and jewelry so I can shower and get ready for work there.  Over the years I've purchased duplicates of everything I need to get ready (blow dryer, straight iron, makeup, skin care, hair products, etc), so the nightly bag packing isn't too complicated.

And these days if I happen to forget to pack a bra......it's no big deal!!!   Panties or socks, yes, but a bra - who cares...lol!  Besides, I only live about a half mile from the gym so it's easy to stop back home if I forget something really essential.

I'm so glad I found this thread.  I had kind of fallen off the fitness wagon since exchange and now that I feel accountable to everyone I'm getting back into the routine much better.  Plus I switched my arimidex from a.m. to p.m. and I think I'm sleeping a little better which makes it a touch easier to get up early.

Y'all are one awesome bunch of BC sistahs!