Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited December 2013

Cheryl, I am so sorry you lost your fitbit and really hope it turns up soon...

Love the winter wonderland and great call on the mall walking..

Pat01, Mary and LB, wishing for speedy recovery for your DH' s as well as patience for you. 

Hit the gym after work tonight for another 30 minutes on the Elliptical plus sit-ups, squats and weights. Also completed the day 4 forty second plank of the plank challenge which I suspect will be quite challenging as it progresses. 

Edited to add that I agree with Blessings on the early mornings and admire those like Lisa Jayne who get up and actually function that early in the a.m.

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited December 2013

odie,

You are an overachiever! Lol.

Day 4 was still 30 seconds.

Day 5 bumps up to 40...and day 6 is a rest day.

• odie16
    edited December 2013

Dulcigirl,

One word =CRAP!!!!! Loopy

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited December 2013

Adding my second and third to the comments about what a great bunch of women post here!  LOL at the stories about pets and butter/margarine (sorry Mary, I know it was a mess but OMG Mikey is a stitch).  And Eduardo's secret identity - ha!

Good to see you Joy, been thinking of you over the holidays and hoping you're doing OK.

Been thinking about you too, Ruth, when I watch the weather and see the Dakotas getting hammered with snow and now an arctic deep-freeze (that's headed this way).  I'm signed up for a 5K Polar Walk/Run this Sat and thinking it's crazy to be outside for 45 mins in sub-zero wind chills.  I will show up because it's a benefit for St. Jude Children's Hospital and also I want the tee-shirt but may walk a 5K inside, later, and call it good.

Always liked plank pose in yoga - makes me feel strong - but never tried to see how long I could hold one.  Will do so next session.  Exercise: walked outside Sun afternoon and at the track Mon evening and tonight; date night Tues. 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,544
    edited December 2013

This thread is THE BEST! SillyHeart.....I hope those are hearts coming out of the emoticons head, not blood!

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited December 2013

We had a lovely evening walk looking at Christmas lights in the neighborhood. Well, the dogs weren't terribly impressed with the lights. I also did my 30 second plank this morning.

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited December 2013

The voices called me to make sure I got in my lifting post dinner. I did everything else earlier, but was busy so did a walk and not a run.

No planks. But perhaps a ski on Mount Rainier if clear and chilly on Saturday. - Clair e

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited December 2013

Yeah my Fitbit was found so I'm back in business and so far today I'm at 20988 steps. This morning did Sh'bam and a Spin class tonight. I'm also in awe of those that go to the gym early in the morning, as I say to a girl who keeps inviting me to her 5.30am RPM class - you mean there's a 5.30 in the morningShocked My gosh Ruth you actually go out in that stuff, in fact I think you've been out twice today Singingand I agree this thread is the absolute BEST ThumbsUp

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited December 2013

i am addicted to this thread too! Cool mall pic, Ruth. So lucky to have found your fitbit, Cheryl. My what big .... barbells Eduardo has. Mary, hope date night was fun. Maybe that'll be my New Year's resolution. Sweet, i will try to find a pic for your daughter too.

Two 30 second planks in a row, yesterday and today.

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited December 2013

odie!!

Happy

Just did my 40 sec plank for today! And held it a little extra in case I wasn't counting slow enough. Probably should use a stopwatch.

Now off for a day of marathon doctor appointments. Blech. I need an emoticon that looks like it's gagging itself. Ruth, it was quite a while before I realized that one was a heart. I was wondering why it had a nail with blood spurting...Migraine Emoticon??

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited December 2013

Good Cheryl and mall walking looks fun and warm.

Pink ribbon pilates this morning

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited December 2013

was so tired this morning so I was bad and slept in instead of working out this morning. Being the caretaker instead of the patient can really take it out of you! Winking I brought my running gear to work so plan on hitting the treadmill after work, and will do my plank then. For accurate plank challenge timing, the clock app that came with my iPhone has a stopwatch function built in. I've been using that to time my planks, so that's an option if you have some kind of smart phone. Even if it didn't come with a stopwatch app built in, I'm sure that there's a freebie download you can get.

• ruthbru
    edited December 2013

SillyHeart...I think this is the 'crazy in love' one

Singing...this is the migraine or 'why has someone stuck a nail in my head?' one

Sick....this maybe could be the 'marathon doctor appointments' face....although I think it works better for the flu or food poisoning

I miss the old emotions!

• pat01
    pat01 Member Posts: 913
    edited December 2013

Cheryl - so glad you found your fitbit! 20K steps - mega impressive! I forgot mine at the house this morning. My steps have been way down, need to get back to my 10k a day.

Thanks for the plank challenge - it does look like a challenge!

Nice walk at lunch yesterday, but that's about it. Phantom tickets tonight (I've never seen it), and annual Christmas party tomorrow night at my house. So I will be doing clean and sculpt for that.

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited December 2013

Day 4 of the plank challenge last night with DH (30 seconds). Treadmill this morning doing walk/run intervals. Actually ran further than I walked today....YAY!!.....plus lower back, abs and stretching.

I gotta check out this 'fitbit' thing. I've never heard of it. I've never had a pedometer but I always wonder how many steps I actually take in a day.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited December 2013

Snow in the forecast here tomorrow, maybe I can get out my ice running shoes and get in a good trail jog. Started the plank challenge, so far so good.

My dear friend diagnosed with BC is now dealing with multiple masses, one of them aggressive. She is opting for a double mastectomy, I'm sad for what she's dealing with and am trying hard to keep my emotions in check. Her surgery will not be here in Budapest, I'm concerned on how to keep up with her when she's away. Sad

• sweetandspecial
    edited December 2013

joyh1109 - I'm so sorry about your friend. Will she have access to a computer to stay in contact with you? (((((((Hugs))))))) to you

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited December 2013

Joy, I'm so sorry to hear about all your friend is going through. Hope she will be able to stay in touch with you. You are a true blue friend.

I was off today, so I hoofed it at the grocery store, walked/jogged intervals with my loveable mutt, Gypsy, as a cold front was blowing in, did 15 minutes of clumsy Zumba at home in front of YouTube, did my 40 second plank and about 40 minutes of weight training at the gym.

• ruthbru
    edited December 2013

I am so sorry about your friend, Joy. Such a tough time.

I did Core, Pilates, and my plank. Then went and visited a friend in the hospital who just had hip replacement surgery a couple days ago. She is doing remarkably well, probably because she has kept in shape despite her hip problems.

It stopped snowing but it is so windy and cold that it takes your breath away. For you southern girls; this is what you could see in the sky here today 'Sundogs'......the result of the sun hitting ice crystals in the really, really cold air. NOT a welcome sign!!!

• badger
    edited December 2013

hi all, just finished supper and having a cup of coffee.  Too cold to be outside for very long - and it's going to get colder - but the indoor track is open 7-10 so will go walk after a bit.  Me and my Walkman LOL.

Ruth, I moused over that "migraine" emoticon and a screen tip said "singing".  I took a closer look and those are musical notes coming out of its head!   Pretty sundog, we get those here too. 

Joy, so sorry about your friend.  Have you told her about BCO?  ((hugs))

• ruthbru
    edited December 2013

Singingseriously? Maybe singing so bad that you give people a migraine!

• badger
    edited December 2013

seriously!  Hover your mouse over it and see what it says.

• ruthbru
    edited December 2013

SingingSingingwhen I hover my mouse over, it says :S

no words.....what words are above your other faces? I just have symbols......

Loopy8p

NerdyB')

• Fallleaves
    Fallleaves Member Posts: 134
    edited December 2013

Got in a 30 minute plank this morning (and 60 flutter kicks) after a fast 3 mile run. Looked for my camera before I went out to take some bird pictures but couldn't find it, and wouldn't you know it, the great blue heron at the pond that's been avoiding me didn't fly away for once. He posed like he was trying to make the Audubon calendar! Took advantage of the 68 degree weather and put up some Christmas lights and got my son to help me rake up the rest of the leaves. Not looking forward to getting cold again!

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited December 2013

Totally off topic....well, I did walk to the wine bar and back, but was closed.....I got a glimpse into the future today. We met with the rep from Foundation One who are based in Cambridge MA. They do comprehensive genomic sequencing, and even more cool, link the results back to appropriate therapies and potential benefits. So a genomic sequencer tied to a back end expert system.

http://www.foundationone.com/

The video on the bottom right is worth watching.

I see a major impact in their work for me personally. It will enable me to stop anastrazole in 16 months when my 5 years are up and be comfortable with this decision. This is because I know that if I am unlucky enough to get my cancer back, it can be matched to an effective therapy. This diagnostic tool has only been available about 18 months, and is being updated and expanded all the time.

I see this as a real game-changer. So wanted to share. I am wondering if there will be more at San Antonio next week. Trials are going on at MD Anderson comparing treatments based on this system vs standard of care. I highly suspect personalized treatment will win hands down. - Claire

• odie16
    edited December 2013

Joy, I am sorry about your friend and send heartfelt prayers. Sending extra hugs and prayers for you too during the holiday season. No words seem adequate so just know you are in my thoughts. 

Cheryl, so glad your fitbit turned up. 

Completed my day 5 plank challenge after picking up and starting my antibiotics. Apparently my cold has transitioned to a full blown sinus infection... Ugh!!!

• Fallleaves
    Fallleaves Member Posts: 134
    edited December 2013

Wow, that sounds amazing. I think you're right, Claire, zeroing in on our cancer's specific genetic make-up is going to make treatment much more effective. There's a lot of exciting stuff going on right now. One of my son's classmates, a sophomore in high school, is working with his mother (a researcher at NIH) on using microRNA to attack prostate cancer. It's been effective in mice and they are already moving to human clinical trials.

• badger
    edited December 2013

Got to the track and walked for 50 mins.  Hadn't checked pedometer for a few days so logging 8.35 miles.

Ruth, here are the emoticons, the words I see while mousing over them, and the keyboard shortcut, which I see when I'm in the dialog box selecting the emoticon.  So basically, I can't see what I'm selecting until I insert it.  Are you on a PC or a mobile device?

Happy Happy  :)

Scared Scared  :(

Shocked Shocked  :c

SillyHeart Silly Heart  <3:p

Headphones Headphones  [:)

Winking Winking  ;)

Smile Smile  :D

Nerdy Nerdy  B')

Loopy Loopy  8P

Sad Sad  :'(

Bawling Bawling  :'O

Devil Devil  >:(

Sick Sick  :X

Snooze Snooze  :'Z

Singing Singing  :S

'night my Sculpted Sisters!

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited December 2013

I am emo-challenged, so thanks, Badger, for the comprehensive listing. HappyYesterday, I had my ultrasounds and they were all clear! HappyThumbsUp

Joy, I am sorry about your friend. Maybe she can Skype?

Get better soon, odie! Hope this doesn't interfere with your planking.

Did my 40 seconds for day 5, and NAB at that (naked after bathroom, as someone said) Don't need any extra weight for sure.

• sweetandspecial
    edited December 2013

Forgot my day 5 40 second plank last night but did two of them during early morning group workout instead. Didn't get in any treadmill so only did the class today. I'll have to make my my DH do his day 5 plank tonight since he also forgot it last night.

I miss the old emoticons! These new ones are too hard to figure out what they mean just by looking at them!