Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited December 2013

you look fabulous Ruth

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,544
    edited December 2013

Thank goodness those two old ladies at the store talked up the sweater. I'll have to track them down & hire them to be my personal fashion consultants! Happy

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited December 2013

Ruth you are an ad campaign for planks. You look great.

• hbcheryl
    edited December 2013

hey Badger, just saw on our news that in Madison yesterday they had a Santa Swimsuit run, how come you opted for the Polar run and not the swimsuit run, just askin' Winking

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited December 2013

Beautiful, Ruth!

Just did my 45 sec plank. Today I could really feel the different muscles that were engaging. Cool!!!! Good incentive to keep going !

Tonight I will be walking around outside for 4 hours while my DD has an outdoor Christmas holiday choir performance. Brrrrrr!!!! Got my layers ready and now just have to decide between two pair of boots. Comfy and warm....or cute??

It's going to be around 18 degrees so I'm going to try to remember how warm that is compared to our Sexy Sweater Babe's weather. Winking

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited December 2013

hey Cheryl, I didn't know about the Santa Suimsuit run.  Haven't worn a swimsuit in 20 years and not about to start now, esp with the temps this weekend.  Snowing right now, pretty from indoors.  Brought work home in case we get the predicted 5" by morning, that makes for a miserable commute.

Did Rodney Yee's AM/PM yoga then a vinyasa flow series of salutations to the sun.  Haven't done yoga for a while and it felt great!  Plank challenge day one complete.  That was a long 20 seconds!

Making 5-bean chili for supper tonight.  The five beans are pinto, kidney, black, garbanzo, and fresh green beans.  For flavor I used onions, garlic, celery, crimini mushrooms and a handful of frozen corn.  Fire-roasted tomatoes (from a can), fiesta chili powder and red pepper flakes.  Browned some ground beef (local, organic, grass-fed) and added that but you could use quinoa instead as a delish veg option.  Got it simmering now and house smells great.  ♥

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited December 2013

Exercise today consisted of hauling out boxes of Christmas decorations so as to decorate the house and tree since we have snow and freezing rain here.  Also made cookies and did my plank. 

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited December 2013

Ruth, you look beautiful!  Nice pic of you and your DH.

My gym is open now on Sundays noon to 5 for the winter.  Just got back from there - did a 3.25 mile walk/run on the treadmill, lower back and ab reps and a good stretch.  I must say.....I do NOT enjoy afternoon or evening workouts nearly as much as early a.m.  My energy level for working out is much, much better in the morning.  Also did day 8 of the plank challenge just now (45 seconds).  Tomorrow I have the day off from work and plan to try the noon to 12:45 'sculpt and burn' class (lifting free weights to music tracs).  Looking forward to it.....I used to do the Body Pump 60 minute class 3x a week but they discontinued it a couple years ago.  I toned up so nicely with that class, I really miss it.

Stay warm everyone!  It's amazing how this weather system has affected such a huge portion of our big country!

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited December 2013

Ruth, you look faaaaaabulous Dahling! Really great pic!

Walked the dogs with DH. It's a beautiful cool sunny day here. I did my 45 second plank too. The planks are starting to hurt my frozen shoulder - hope I'll be able to continue with the challenge to the end of the month. The thought of doing 270 seconds is pretty daunting right now, but I'll take it one day and one plank at a time.

• sweetandspecial
    edited December 2013

AnnieLane - I'm thinking the same thing about the 270 second plank.....omg

• ruthbru
    edited December 2013

I did a little time on the treadmill, the Plank Challenge (I think any amount of time is hard when you are trying to have good form!), now I'm off to choir practice. I think I pretty much finished my Christmas present shopping this afternoon, that in itself is worth a hallelujah chorus or two!

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited December 2013

Gorgeous day here, so got out to do what I thought would be a three mile walk around Green Lake. But I couldn't get there. Something about redoing a bridge and rerouting traffic in all directions. So I bagged the idea and headed for Discovery Park to walk in the place for once. Just the most amazing views, and an "unofficial trail" that was more challenging than I was prepared for.

Not sure how much exercise I actually got but a fun adventure. All my upper body work came in handy hauling myself up a steep bank via tree roots!

Heidihill.......major congrats on the scans.

I LOVE these cold, crisp winter days, but agree with you Ruth that -20 is really cold. But not as cold as the time I was on the chairlift in a raging snow/wind storm when it was about 5F. I remember being grateful to get down and headed inside. - Claire

• badger
    edited December 2013

Mornin' Glories, we ended up with 5" of beautiful fluffy snow.  Got the OK to work from home so avoided what was sure to be a 2+ hour commute.  This is a much better use of my time and energy.

Just done with a round of Shovel & Sculpt.  Really felt in the obliques, must've been that plank yesterday LOL.  Will do a quick 20 mins yoga + Day 2 plank this afternoon (on break) after DH leaves to do errands and I have the house to myself.

Bonus: discovered a new way to "do" my hair.  Wash it and put a cap, then go shovel snow for 45 mins LOL.  When I came inside and pulled off the cap, I had a nice cap of hair that laid just right on my head.  The cowlicks have even been tamed.  I may try this tomorrow morning when I leave for work: forget the hair gel etc. and just pull on a cap!

Hope everyone has a good week ahead.  ♥ to all

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited December 2013

Ruth - great sweater! And congrats on getting the shopping done! Badger - how did the chili turn out? Perfect food for a snowy winter's night. Fun to read about everyone's plank adventures.

We had snow, sleet and freezing rain all day yesterday - curled up in front of the fire and watched football all day (geez our DC team is horrible!) then wrapped up the evening watching the final Harry Potter movie. We've been working our way through all the Harry Potter movies for the last month - it's been fun see them all again and watching the kids grow up in the series. I did get a bit of exercise late in the afternoon clearing the ice/snow off the driveway and sidewalk and spreading ice melt.

Work didn't open till 10 today because of the ice, so I did the Power 90 advanced level cardio workout - it's longer than the basic one so I bet I feel it tomorrow. Did my 90 second plank too. Agree that the thought of 270 seconds is daunting, but also I'm just taking it one step at a time.

• Dulcigirl
    edited December 2013

Did my (Day 9) 60 sec plank.

I sure hope I can keep doing this, but am wondering if 6 weeks after my revision/exchange was too soon to start. My one stubborn painful spot where my PS moved the IMF up and tightened the pocket was pretty sore last night. We'll see how it feels today. Walked for a couple of hours last night. Brrrrr!!!!! But tonight's workout will be library style. Cart pushing, reshelving (good for thighs and glutes, lol), etc. Not much, but if you focus you can make it more than it seems.

• sweetandspecial
    edited December 2013

NatsFan - I talked to my daughter this morning and she was a trifle irritated with how slow folks were driving today where she lives in Maryland.  Of course, she grew up in Michigan and can handle driving in really poor conditions if necessary.  I understand you don't get nearly as much snow there as we typically do and so wouldn't be nearly as comfortable driving on snowy or slippery roads, right?

My first workout today was 60 minutes shoveling the driveway.  Second workout was another 20 minutes going over the driveway again a couple of hours later to remove what fell after the first session.  Third workout was a 45 minute 'Sculpt and burn' class at the gym.  Holy cow will I be sore tomorrow.  I used to do those kinds of classes 3-4x a week but it's been a long time and I'm sure I'll be paying for it.  It's a good pain though.....

• Dulcigirl
    edited December 2013

Sweet,

Not sure why I'm just now realizing you're a MI girl, but here's something for you and your daughter:

• NatsFan
    edited December 2013

Dulci - love the picture!! Sweet - we don't get as much snow here, so it doesn't pay for our local jurisdictions to invest in as much heavy equipment as the more northern areas do, so the roads here don't get cleared quite as quickly and thoroughly. Also, the snow we do get tends to be a wet 32-degree snow, which is a lot more treacherous to drive in than a soft, dry, crunchy 20 degree snow. It also tends to go above freezing here during the day, and go below freezing at night. That means whenever there's snow, there's some melting going on during the day, but then that all re-freezes at night. A perfect recipe for icing, including black ice, and inconsistent road surfaces. And of course many people here just don't have as much experience driving in such conditions. So yep, things tend to be a mess around here when we have winter weather! Shocked

• AnnieLane
    edited December 2013

No snow or ice here, just cold rain. Took the dogs out for a walk anyway. Also did my 60 second plank, went to the gym and worked out on the weight machines & elliptical.

• badger
    edited December 2013

Quick post on afternoon break.  Did AM yoga, nice routine that only takes 20 mins, and 20-sec plank.

Chili was fantastic!  Healthy, hearty, and having it again tonight.  Froze some too, will come in handy.

• ruthbru
    edited December 2013

Love the picture & saying! When my sister lived in southern Missouri and the weather (to her) was just a little 'iffy', she would go to work and people would be amazed, "How in the world did you get here?" ''Ummmm......I drove.... as usual...."

This morning I did my Plank Challenge & had just started some upper body exercises when the phone rang; a teacher had to leave because her kid got sick at daycare. So I zipped over (I can get ready pretty fast if necessary!) and spent the rest of the day at school (the hot lunch was lasagna, which they make really well, so that was an added bonus). I will finish up the arms now & then off to Zumba! 

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,858
    edited December 2013

Ruth: Love your sexy top!

Dulci: Fantastic picture!

AnnieLane: We only have cold rain, also.

I fast walked in my house yesterday and today. First I set the kitchen timer and then walk really fast and swing my arms. My house isn't that big but it gets the job done. Also I have stairs and that's an added bonus.

• hbcheryl
    edited December 2013

Too funny Dulci, if I lived in that I'd be the crazy lady on the corner with cats who doesn't go outShocked

It's very cold here although you'd all laugh at what we call cold. Did my Sh'bam class this morning and tonight did Spin.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited December 2013

BodyJam last night and 45 second plank this morning. Forgot to plank yesterday.

• sweetandspecial
    edited December 2013

Slept in this morning but will most likely get in some snow shoveling after work today .

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited December 2013

Body Balance at the gym this morning.

• NatsFan
    edited December 2013

Snow shoveling this morning, plus Power90 sculpt (weights/core) long session. Tried to do my 90 second plank but lost it after 70 seconds - I need to remember to try the plank before doing a long core workout! Singing Brought my workout clothes to work to hit the treadmill after work and will try the plank again. Also, I have a feeling there'll be more snow shoveling for me to do. DH sure picked the right time (for him) to have wrist surgery and be unavailable for shoveling duties . . .

• AnnieLane
    edited December 2013

Still in the thirties here, but sunny with clear blue skies. Had a nice walk with DH and the dogs, did my 60 second plank and 15 minutes of clumsy Zumba in front of YouTube, which I think I shall call Clumba. There aren't any classes at the gym that fit my schedule and even if there were I'm not eager to make a fool of myself. I did go once, and although I kept moving for the whole class my moves were nothing like what anyone else was doing. When it comes to rhythm and dancing ability I'm as white as I look. Nerdy

• sweetandspecial
    edited December 2013

Annie - I always thought I was exceptionally well coordinated.......until I tried Zumba. I have great rhythm but Zumba was a pretty big fail. I should order a DVD or something so I can get some beginner skills going.

• sweetandspecial
    edited December 2013

Well, it's been snowing steadily here since early morning so my workout today will definitely be lots of snow shoveling tonight......