Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,544
    edited December 2013

Subbed again (I must be fully in a 'fitness mode', because when they called, my thought was, "Boo Hoo, I will have to miss my exercise classes.") I did 40 minutes of lower body/abs when I got home & my plank challenge. I think I must not have the correct form, because it is making my NECK sore!

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited December 2013

Wow. Crazy busy day and was so worried I'd forget to plank. Popped the salmon in the oven and started my stopwatch. BAD NEWS IS I didn't look at the chart and thought today was "90." GOOD NEWS IS I can do 90 if I have to.

But it got pretty ugly toward the end. Loopy

Tomorrow should be a piece of cake.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited December 2013

Dulcigirl, I rubbed off on you....lol

If that was my "Monday", I'd have to hibernate too Cheryl. 

Did my 60 second plank today plus walked/ran 5 miles on the treadmill before completing the Christmas cards. Hopefully tomorrow will be a shop and sculpt day weather permitting. 

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited December 2013

3.6 mile walk and 45 minutes of hooping.

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited December 2013

60 minute group class and it was a tough one today......my arms and shoulders were so tired I had a hard time keeping my arms raised in the locker room to blow dry my hair!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited December 2013

Dulci - congrats on the accidental 90 seconds! Odie - you're ahead of me - I still have to get my cards out. Can't believe it's Christmas in 2 weeks! Singing Ann - I was looking at hooping workout DVDs on Amazon yesterday - do you have any suggestions? I've finally gotten to the point where I can waist hoop comfortably, but still can't take steps or do any other moves without losing the hoop.

30 minute treadmill run last night, but forgot to try to plank again after my morning plank fail. Did Power90 cardio this morning, plus 90 second plank. Cold here this morning in the low 20's. Brrrrr. Still too many icy patches on sidewalks to take Mikey for a walk - as you can imagine after 2 days with no walks he's bouncing off the walls with pent-up energy!

Sweet - I keep meaning to ask you where your avatar picture was taken - it looks warm and sunny and delightful, and I wanna go there.Happy

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited December 2013

Yesterday was Zumba. Did a 60 second plank with DD today. I was out of breath and she was totally unfazed. I guess I should breathe while planking.

• sweetandspecial
    edited December 2013

Nats - that was in St Maarten in March 2013 with DH and another couple......it was wonderful!

• sweetandspecial
    edited December 2013

Instead of running errands I went home at lunch time and spent 30 minutes shoveling the driveway.....whoo hoo!!

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited December 2013

Hi NatsFan, if you want to PM me your address I can send you a couple of Hoopnotica beginner DVDs. I outgrew them pretty quickly, but they are good for basics. Beyond that I mostly used YouTube. I was really tempted to get the Core Foundation DVD from Hoopalicious (available on her site Hooprevolution.com). But I have already taken a workshop with her and was afraid it might not be new to me, so I ended up not buying it. She teaches on-body hooping and how to get yourself able to move and dance while hooping, which sounds like what you need.

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited December 2013

Chamber of Commerce weather here in San Antonio today. Took a walk with DH and the puppy girls, did my 60 second plank, and worked out on the weight machines at the gym.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,858
    edited December 2013

Walked/ran at the park this afternoon. I love it when I'm the only one there.

• lovelikecrazy
    lovelikecrazy Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2013

I vacuumed the house today.  Took breaks, but did... it... all... by.... myself!

• ruthbru
    edited December 2013

Walking with the Wednesday Women & Zumba tonight.

• Dulcigirl
    edited December 2013

Mall walked for an hour and planked for 60.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited December 2013

Welcome lovelikecrazy, now you've done your house feel free to come and do mine Happy Badger I saw a big auto pile up on a Wisconsin highway, wow lots of snow and lots of cars banging into each other, glad you were able to work from home it looked wicked. Did my Sh'bam class this morning, then worked late tonight, as per usual everyone is getting ready for Christmas and dumping their last minute things on me, oh well mustn't grumble.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited December 2013

Still SO cold out here - it's in the low 20s with a wicked wind!! (Stop chuckling, Ruth.) Love - good for you - bet that felt good! Ann - I'd love those DVDs - I'll send you a PM. Isn't it great how we all take care of each other here? Sweet - I bet you hit the Sunset Bar and Grill while you were in St. Maarten to watch the big jets at the airport. Personally the duty free shops in Philipsburg were my favorites! Ruth, loving the Wednesday Walker pictures. Heidi - I too have to concentrate on not holding my breath while planking - turning blue while planking is not good. Winking

Got home a bit early yesterday when it was still daylight and I took the opportunity to take Mikey for a long walk - his first in a few days. Unfortunately there are always those thoughtless people who don't bother to clear their sidewalks, and with the thawing and re-freezing those sidewalks are now a sheet of ice. I had to be so careful. Grrrr. Devil

Power90 Sculpt this morning. 30 minutes treadmill and plank on tap for after work.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited December 2013

Pink Ribbon Pilates this morning.

Last night I was able to go with Jen, the woman I started Pink Ribbon Pilates with (Jen is the Pilates instructor who dontates her time each week to our free, weekly pilates classes for bc women), we went to the Soroptimist Club Christmas party. It was in the country at a retired vet's oast house home. The homemade, one bite size mince pies were to die for and they presented us with a cheque for £300. We were pretty bowled over when they said they liked what we do and that it is was a joy for them to give to a small grass roots charity like PRP because they could see that we used very bit of the £ for the woman, paying for room rental and flyers. And, they all knew some woman touched by breast cancer so it all makes sense for them to support us. ThumbsUp

• ruthbru
    edited December 2013

Very awesome, Lilac!

Went to my fun Core & Pilates classes this morning. I have a rest day from the Plank Challenge (thank goodness!). This evening I'm going to a 'Goodbye Reception' for my beloved retiring GP. Sadness for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• soriya123
    soriya123 Member Posts: 384
    edited December 2013

Hello Ladies I am back.  Yesterday was my 1 week post-op from nipple skin sparing  mx.  drians out.  I went  to grocery store for 1 hr n half.  i didnt carry any bag though . Also walked about 40 mins in the evening.  This morning walked about 20 mins.  will walk again later.  :)  Ruth you always have such a lovely pics.  Watch out, I am  a pic queen, once I figure out how to post pics, i will post all over this board. J/K :) 

• soriya123
    edited December 2013

oh that Tissue Expander is so uncomfortable :( 

• Dulcigirl
    edited December 2013

Wow, soriya!!!

1 week???? You put me to shame today!! And yes. TE's are a huge pain!!! But they go away eventually, thank goodness.

Fellow Planksters: Just did my 90 seconds. It felt like 90 minutes. Tomorrow is my plank rest day. I'm fascinated by the longer I do this the more muscles I feel working. I'm feeling it in my behind and thighs now.

No outside walking today. Weather report says "feels like -5." Yay. But at least our road is no longer muddy!

Didn't feel like the exercise bike today, so I'm just going up and down the basement stairs as many times as possible. It's something!

• sweetandspecial
    edited December 2013

30 minutes shoveling about 5" of fluffy white stuff followed by a 90 second plank (not bad considering I forgot the plank for the past 5 days - I jumped right from 45 seconds to 90!)

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited December 2013

I wussed out where I could have done a run in the rain today. So just a walk. So I heeded THE VOICES and did a plank. At least 90 seconds. I still have to lift prior to heading out for the cycling club party. I am unloading a few items....socks I will never use, a reflector, batteries (AAA for headlights), and I sweetened the deal with a chocolate bar.

I have learned that chocolate or beer work great for perking up white elephant items.

Party is at a wonderful ale house, and good food.

Hoping for some real exercise this weekend. - Claire

• soriya123
    edited December 2013

dulcigirl, maybe cus I only had one breast done.  You had both done so that need more time to heal.  I am still sore and  little pain here and there.  I cant do much with my right arm.  i cant wait till I feel better no more pain so I can do some jogging and running.

• soriya123
    edited December 2013

I walked 20 mins this afternoon. LOLzzz

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited December 2013

Did some heavy-duty Power Lunching with some sweet BCO sisters today!

Flapping our jaws at an astounding rate....

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited December 2013

hi ladies, welcome lovelikecrazy and welcome back soriya123.  Walked yesterday at work and tonight at the track.  Didn't plank Tues or Weds but did 20 secs tonight.  Misplaced my pedometer so will have to hold my nose and head to Wally World with five bucks for a new one. 

LB, good for you & PRP!  Probably everyone knows someone with BC, although they may not realize it.

Cheryl, yes big pile-up on the interstate near Milwaukee.  We usually drive better than that in the white stuff but a cop I know said conditions were such that the snow stuck to the pavement in a thin slick film like plastic.  So glad I can work from home on days like that.

Ruth, gee I notice there are more Weds walkers when you're indoors LOL.  If your neck is getting sore from planks, you may not be aligned.  Think of your neck as an extension of your spine, and try for a nice line extending right up through the top of your head.  I visualize a string of energy and that helps me stay straight.

Anyone catch the Scar Project segment on NPR today?  It was on To The Best of our Knowledge.  ♥ to all

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited December 2013

Only managed a 20 minute walk this evening and my 90 second plank this morning. Long work day so DH walked the dogs before I got home.

• ruthbru
    edited December 2013

Yes, I am working on my planking form....probably was too cocky & started at too high of a time.

Blessings, how fun! How many ladies were at your lunch? Anybody we'd know? BCO sisters have the very best time together! ThumbsUp