Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited December 2013

Have fun Badger and the same to you and yours. Oh Cheryl.

Body Balance with my friend Jen filling in - lovely.

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited December 2013

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited December 2013

Blessings that is so true of the weather here lately.  I wore a down jacket one day and shorts the next.

Weights and hooping today.  Can't recall if I posted yesterday but I did my personal triathlon-- weights hooping and a hike.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited December 2013

Safe travels Badger. Happy holidays to you and your family as well. 

Cheryl, that makes me so mad! Hate how inconsiderate some people are. 

Walked/ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes this evening plus weights and did a 90 second plank. 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,544
    edited December 2013

Being able crawl into your hatchback through the rear is one of the unadvertised pluses of staying limber!

I was still all pumped up from singing, so went to bed late & kept waking up thinking about it (if you like to sing at all & your town offers something like this, do it. If it doesn't, come out here and sing with me. Badger, I will save you a spot in the alto section by me. Heidi, what part do you sing? ThumbsUp 8th grade was actually really fun. The teacher had a video with a worksheet you had to fill out while watching. So I kept saying, 'Aha, listen carefully, I think the answer to number ___ is coming up." And they actually did! Plus it helped that I knew most of those kids last year from 7th grade. Anyway, I am tired tonight and just did some weights and called it good. I will make up for it tomorrow when I walk and do Zumba both.

Safe travels, Badger!

• ruthbru
    edited December 2013

Here is a picture of my friend and I getting ready for the concert. If look closely, you may see that the right hand corner of my music is ripped up a little. I put my booklet on the steps for two minutes to make one last bathroom run and my very bad cat, Oreo, chewed a hole in it!

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited December 2013

Ruthbru - I would LOVE to sing in something like that some time.  A town close by had a community Christmas choir this year but I had to pass it up because I'm studying for a professional certification right now.  Maybe next year.  I'm a second soprano but also enjoy singing alto on some of my more favorite hymns in church.  My sister's a low alto and I'm a high soprano.....go figure.

• soriya123
    soriya123 Member Posts: 384
    edited December 2013

singing sounds fun, but i cant sing ..dont kno how..LOL.  This morning walked for 45 mins.  In the evening walked about 25 mins.  :)

• ruthbru
    edited December 2013

My DH says that he sings 'solo'....so low that nobody can hear him......

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited December 2013

I have a lousy singing voice, but so appreciate those who share their musical gifts this time of year, because I do love listening to Christmas music. Ruth, I have a cat who loves to sink her sharp little teeth into paper and cardboard. I can picture her doing something like that.

Blessings, that picture could also depict winter weather in South Texas. 

Anyway, today we walked the dogs and I did about two minutes worth of planking, but in 3 increments. No way I can hold the position for two minutes straight.

• Blessings2011
    edited December 2013

Ruth - I have that same book! For years, I sang at our community's Messiah Sing-Along... even though I can no longer read music like I used to, and with asthma, I can barely hold a note.

But with 850+ people singing in an old stone church, plus the Philharmonic Orchestra providing the music, no one can tell what I'm singing anyway.

Now why didn't you have someone tape your performance so you could share it with us here?????

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited December 2013

Blessings that made me laugh cause it's so true, today I was in short sleeves and last week I was looking for my long underwear!!!! Ruth I'd come and sing except that I sing flat and off key and of course really loud Headphones Tonight was Body Step class.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited December 2013

Sweet, my sister and I are the same. I am low alto and she is high soprano. Only I never sang in a choir again after high school and she continues with voice lessons. My voice has gotten even lower with Femara, I believe. Soon I will be singing "solo" too,Loopy Blessings, that sounds like so much fun to sing with a Philharmonic Orchestra!

Zumba last night and 1 minute wall sit while brushing my teeth. Will try planking after Tango today.

• ruthbru
    edited December 2013

Blessings, I will probably own that book too, once the school checks the books back in and finds out that my cat chewed off the corner!

And shhh don't tell, but I just mouthed the sixteenth note scales in 'For unto us a Child is born'. Loopy

• ruthbru
    edited December 2013

Wednesday Women met at the YMCA. We walked part of the time & then went to the 'Fitness on Demand' room (where you can pick from a number of different exercise DVDs shown on a big screen). We did a nice 20 minute stretch DVD & a 10 minute 'Meditational Yoga' one. Zumba tonight!

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited December 2013

Beautiful weather here today. Had a nice walk with DH and the dogs. I did one 90 second plank plus a 60 second one for a total of 150 seconds. I will work out with my free weights after work.

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited December 2013

The kids and I are glad to be in Florida with family for the holidays.  It's fab weather here this week, cloudless sky today and 70 degrees, couldn't be any better.   I was lucky at the rental car place, didn't ask for it but got a Mustang convertible for the duration of our stay and so far we are loving it.   Smile

Went for a 3k run with DS this afternoon, my stamina is terrible right now so he taught me the "Kenyan Jog" - super slow jog and I easily completed a good distance.   Am also up to 60 seconds with planking and so far so good.

My dear friend had her BMX today - her DH emailed and let me know that the surgery went well.  She will remain in the hospital for one week - the way that it is done at some hospitals in Europe.  I imagine that this is a good thing, she will be home right before Christmas.  

I haven't kept up with everything here, but I wish you all Happy Holidays and a Merry Xmas to those that celebrate.  

• Blessings2011
    edited December 2013

Sounding good, ladies!!!! ThumbsUp

Just got back from the PT - apparently 9 hours in the car last Friday (coming home from vacation) wasn't the best idea for my back. Even though we took frequent stretching breaks, and I kept the butt warmer on, my back has been screaming for the past few days. Been using my cane again.

Saw the PCP yesterday - she loaded me up with drugs (yay!); saw the PT today, who gave me some new stretching exercises, told me to cut back on the walking (too much pounding on my inflamed joint right now), and applauded the Plank Challenge; and tomorrow I'll see the MO for a referral to acupuncture.

But I'm moving... slowly!!!

• sweetandspecial
    edited December 2013

Hope your aches and pains get better soon Blessings.

I've been pretty bad this week. Except for some snow shoveling late Monday I haven't worked out at all.  I've been up late each night and when that happens a 6am workout is just not on my agenda.  Evenings right now are for Christmas parties, choir rehearsals, Christmas decorating, studying for a certification exam coming up on the 28th, etc, etc, etc.  I'll probably be pretty hit and miss through the holidays. 

• ruthbru
    edited December 2013

Just do what you can....

• hbcheryl
    edited December 2013

Sorry you are in so much pain Blessings, hope you get relief soon.  Welcome home Joy.

Today did my Sh'bam class then we all went to lunch and did a white elephant gift exchange, we were at a restaurant that had a mechanical bull, I was quite tempted but then I came to my senses Happy

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited December 2013

Wow Cheryl I didn't think anyplace still had mechanical bulls.  

Four mile walk tonight and weights.

• hbcheryl
    edited December 2013

Saddle Ranch at Triangle a Square Ann, if people hadn't kept talking about hurting themselves falling off I probably would have done itLoopy

• Blessings2011
    edited December 2013

Thank you, ladies....

If I could imagine anyone on a mechanical bull, it would have to be Cheryl...

Or maybe Ruth!!!!!

• sweetandspecial
    edited December 2013

oooh.....I'd try a mechanical bull!  And probably promptly go on the injured list!

• ruthbru
    edited December 2013

Road Trip! Loopy(face after riding the mechanical bull)

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited December 2013

Ha!! I have secretly always wanted to try one of those. But in my imagination I look like a sexy cowgirl...while the realist in me knows I would end up a lumpy heap on the floor in need of long term chiropractic care. Sad

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited December 2013

I like this group - we're up for anything - even seriously contemplating riding a mechanical bull!  Loopy

Enjoying everyone's singing adventures.  DH and I are NOT gifted with singing ability - we always tease that as part of our wedding vows we should have included a promise to never sing in front of the other person.  Singing

I've had a great couple of days.  Tuesday afternoon I played hooky.  For an early celebration my birthday next week, a dear friend took me to a nearby local old mansion where they offer occasional afternoon teas.  The mansion was beautiful - all decorated for the holidays, and the tea was so much fun!  They had cute little tables, with real flowered tea cups and tea pots with those padded covers on them to keep the tea hot.  They served the cutest little tea sandwiches, and when you were done with those, they brought out little plates of tiny elegant desserts.  In addition to the tea, we even had a celebratory glass of champagne.  They had a live guitarist and flutist playing holiday carols in the background.  It was so much fun - like a real grown up tea party!

Yesterday I took the whole day off as I had a use-it-or-lose-it personal day I needed to take by the end of the year.  I had a pedicure, got my hair highlighted and cut, then had a massage!  But I didn't blow off the whole day - I took the opportunity to do a nice 4 mile run in the park in the morning, and my 100 second plank.

Power90 Sculpt weights/core workout, plus 100 second plank.  Those last 10 seconds definitely stray into Baby Elephant Land!

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited December 2013

(((Joy))) Cool on the mustang rental and nice to know you are Florida with family. All the best to your friend and good that she will be home for Christmas.  Blessings take good care. 

I ran my backdoor to backdoor 3k as this morning was sunny and fresh - loved being back in the post apocalyptic world of my zombie run app, on a mission.Winking

• ruthbru
    edited December 2013

Joy, glad you are able to have some sunny, warm Florida time!

Glad you escaped the Zombies, Lilac!

Natsfan, that tea sounds so fun, even better than the mechanical bull! Happy

I went to my Core class where we did 'dancer's legs' exercises (look out Dancing with the Stars, here I come...hahaha), and then to Pilates. Afterwards I went and bought out the grocery store, thinking that I wouldn't have to go back until Monday (when I will get the perishable stuff), but when I started to make cookies a few minutes ago, I found  that I am out of vanilla (those two brown bottles in the cupboard are almond and rum extract...no clue as to why I have rum extract) and shortening. So I will have to make another shopping trip & bake tomorrow.....or maybe Saturday.....