Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited December 2013

Got back from a wonderful weekend in Dallas, except that the weather was nasty and our 15 yr old granddaughter was sick with the flu, so we couldn't take her out. We took her sisters out individually and brought take-out home for her and watched a movie with her. Hope we didn't bring the flu back with us. 

Last night for exercise and because we were all in a silly mood, my daughter & I and my 17 yr old granddaughter ran laps around the inside of their house until we got too tired to keep it up. One of us would just yell out, "Changing direction!" and do an about face and the other two had to quickly do the same to avoid a head on collision. 

Tonight after getting home, DH & I walked the dogs and I did a couple pathetic planks. I'm just not able to keep up with those long timed ones either, so I do  two or three a day and hold them as long as I can. I'll just try to continue that until the end of the month and consider myself challenged enough.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited December 2013

Haven't had a chance to read and I am ready for bed but thought I should check in. Last couple of days have been horrible work related but kind of got back on track today and did Body Step class then tonight walked and looked at beautifully decorates houses in a section if Long Beach called Naples it was such a magical evening everybody out walking, people giving out candy canes and carolers singing but of course then went and ate bar b q and negated everything I'd done for the day and I am so deep into my new food group eating plan, it consists of cake, cookies, candy and chocolate Snooze

• soriya123
    soriya123 Member Posts: 384
    edited December 2013

hbcheryl, i love walking around 7pm or so around my neigborhood looking at christmas decorations.  but too bad there were no singing or giving out any candy. LOL   In the afternoon went to Target and Tilly's .....in the evening walked only 30 mins.

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited December 2013

I've completely fallen off the wagon with the busy-ness of the season and studying for an exam coming up on the 28th.  Haven't even shoveled my driveway and that's even more unusual for me than skipping my early a.m. group glass at the gym!

Annie - love the fact that you're doing multiple planks a day to get in the longer time.  Way to go girl!

hbcheryl - my new food group plan right now is scotcharoos, oreo cookie balls and any other unguarded holiday treat laying around.

ruth - abs, arms AND buns of steel - holy wah! Yer an Amazon!

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited December 2013

Marple - stupid LE!! Devil I hear you on avoiding the plank - I'm finally comfortable trying it now, but that's after a few years of gradually building up my upper body and arm strength. (I have arm and truncal LE.)  I still avoid yoga poses like downward dog.  Blessings - never heard of the Round Animal videos - what a hoot! Hope you're on the mend soon - so annoying to get a cold this time of year.   LOL on the yoga farts, everyone.  As we settle into every yoga class, one of my instructors always asks us to silently set an intention for the upcoming class.  There have been more than a few times when my intention is to please let me get through this class without farting!  Loopy  Ruth - what fun to see your neighbor's child become a grown woman.  Annie - so sorry about the one DGD being sick, but it sounds like you still carved out your special time with her.  

Crazy weather lately!  Last Sunday when I did my run it was 30 degrees and FREEZING!!  Yesterday it was 65 degrees and humid as heck - not comfy at all.  But did my 4 miles anyway.  Power90 Sculpt this morning, plus 100 second plank.  I took a couple of days off from the plank challenge and I think the rest did some good as it didn't get ugly till the last few seconds this morning.  DH got his arm cast changed out this morning - he had a bright red one before, and just to be different, he elected a kelly green one this morning, so it's still a cheerful seasonal color.  He's in this one for two more weeks.  Scared

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,545
    edited December 2013

Hi All! Because of the holiday, we did Wednesday Walking this morning (at the YMCA, the air temperature was 22 BELOW).....no picture right now because the battery of my phone is dead), spent the rest of the day getting ready for company (my brother & family will be here before noon) & finished off with an hour of spot toning with Denise Austin because I know I won't have time to exercise tomorrow & probably not Wednesday either. I will probably sneak on again, but if I don't get a chance...Merry Christmas and Much Love to you all!!!

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited December 2013

Was MIA over the weekend as we have been enjoying holiday festivities. Spent 10 hours walking the mall shopping on Sunday and must have covered several miles, course I forgot to set my pedometer.....

Hit the gym today for 30 minutes on the Elliptical plus weights as I too have been partaking in the sweet treats lately. 

Wishing everyone a very merry Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate. May the magic of the season stay with each and everyone all year long. 

• AnnieLane
    edited December 2013

Nothing but dog walking, shopping, working and a short pitiful plank today.

• soriya123
    edited December 2013

35 mins walking with the kids.  Merry Christmas to you all lovely ladies!!!!

• hbcheryl
    edited December 2013

Did a Sh'bam class this morning, then had an appointment with my Oncologist this afternoon, she released me from her practice and told be I can say farewell to Letrozole when I finish my current supply I think I have about  two weeks left, what a fabulous day. I have only just got in from work as I need to get a job processed which should have come to me last week but arrived at 3pm this afternoon, it will be and early start in the morning as I need to push on but even though this has wrecked my plans for tomorrow nothing can take the shine off my day.  Probably won't exercise for the next few days so I want to wish all of you my dear cyber friends a very very Merry Christmas and a healthy and prosperous 2014.

• sweetandspecial
    edited December 2013

We got at least 8"  or more of snow starting late yesterday afternoon.  Very light, fluffy stuff with no wind so it really piled up.  If Santa's elves don't snow blow my driveway before I get home from work at noon I foresee some shoveling exercise for me this afternoon.  DH and girlfriend drove in from mid-Michigan (Mt Pleasant) in time for dinner but they did not have a good drive.  Glad they made it safe and sound.  I was up early (damn grand-dogs) so had time to shovel the porch and a path to everyone's cars before work, plus brushed the snow off DH's car and his girlfriend's car. My car was in the garage, PTL!

Everyone have a wonderful, blessed Christmas!

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited December 2013

My exercise yesterday included shivering while grilling dinner outside in the snow and ice and some upper body resistance work as I tried to start the generator. Ugh. No power here in the very icy midwest.

• NatsFan
    edited December 2013

Cheryl - I'd say you got a great Christmas present from your onc!  What a great way to start 2014 being letrozole-free!  Dulci - stay warm!!  Those ice storms can be miserable.  Beautiful to look at, but treacherous to be in.  Hope you get power back soon. 

Happy Birthday to Me today!  I gave myself a present and turned off the alarm and slept in an extra hour instead of working out.  I know, Bad Mary, but if you can't sleep in on your birthday, when can you??  I'm 58 today - hard to believe as in my mind I'm still somewhere in my 30's.  Although there are some days when I feel like I'm 85!  Nerdy [edited to add - I just remembered - 6 years ago I had my biopsy today - let's just say I've had better birthdays than that day! Devil  ]

DH bought tix to a local theatre's one-man show of "A Christmas Carol" for tonight to celebrate my birthday. We saw it a few years ago and it was wonderful.  Dickens himself used to go around doing one-man performances of A Christmas Carol, and this actor bases his show on that, using only original words from the book.  It's a magical event.  

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to Everyone!!

• soriya123
    edited December 2013

Dulcigirl....stay warm......damn...storm around Xmas time :(.  Natsfan happy birthday! wishing you many many more years! :) .  will head out for grocery shopping soon.  I  have my family n a few of my in law at my place for Xmas lunch n dinner.  we ll do pot luck style since I just recover from surgery.  They didnt want me to do too much.   Merry Christmas n a happy holiday everyone!!!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,545
    edited December 2013

Happy Birthday, Mary!!!

Congratulations, Cheryl!!

Stay safe and warm to all us stormy-parts-of-the-country ladies!

• sweetandspecial
    edited December 2013

Everybody stay warm and happy and safe for Christmas!  Happy birthday Nats!  It's a great day to be alive, idn't it?!!

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited December 2013

Happy Birthday Mary and wishing you a terrific day!Nerdy

Dulic stay warm and cozy and good news indeed Cheryl!

Got to the gym this morning for body balance

Have a lovely Christmas Eve wonderful, fit, beautiful women!

• AnnieLane
    edited December 2013

Happy Birthday, Mary! I turned 58 last July. It's not so bad. Smile

Even on Christmas Eve, the dogs (and their people) around here need their walk. DH and I took them for an evening walk and looked at the neighborhood lights as we did. 

Dulci - yikes! Hope you get power and warmth back soon!

Merry Christmas to All and to All a Good Night!

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited December 2013

Merry Christmas everyone!!!  Had a lovely day poking around Seattle and drinking some wine during the afternoon.  Staying up to hit Midnight Mass in an hour or so.  Got in a run today, and then at least 3 miles of walking. 

Ready to celebrate!!! - Claire

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited December 2013

Merry Christmas everyone. 

What a wonderful present Cheryl!!!

Dulcigirl, stay warm and safe. Picturesque but a pain....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY!!!! Wishing you many many more. ....

Hope Santa was good to everyone and am sending warm wishes with peace to all. No exercise for me yesterday or today as we spend time with family. Back to work and my routine tomorrow......

• Dulcigirl
    edited December 2013

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Here is my Christmas Eve selfie...the house got down to 40 degrees. We've borrowed kerosene heaters (which give me headaches) but we're up to 50 in the living room now! I'm enjoying my kids being forced to stay out here with me. Lol. 

Oops! It's sideways. But you get the idea. My nose was cold. Ha!!!

• hbcheryl
    edited December 2013

I'm so sorry for you poor east coasters, this was taken a the beach this morning while I was on my walk ... it's 81 degrees here so we're sending sunshine your way to melt the snow.  Merry Christmas, it feels more like Christmas day in Australia....

• hbcheryl
    edited December 2013

imageCatalina Island in the background

imageThe pier in the distance

• Dulcigirl
    edited December 2013

My power just came on!!!

God bless all the electric workers and their families!!!!

• AnnieLane
    edited December 2013

Yay, Dulci! You were a cute Christmas elf, though.

I did way too many reps of fork lifting today, but I did go for a walk with DH and the dogs. Now I plan to do a few reps of wine glass lifting. Cheers!

• sweetandspecial
    edited December 2013

DH got me a Fitbit for Christmas!  Now if I can just figure out how to use it.........

• NatsFan
    edited December 2013

Oooo - beautiful pix, Cheryl!  That beach looks so inviting!  Dulci - hooray for power!  Sweet- I bet you're going to love your Fitbit - I have a Fuelband (Nike's version of a Fitbit product) and I love it.  

I had a great birthday Christmas Eve- "A Christmas Carol" was wonderful.  Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

For those who celebrate Christmas, hope it was a good one.  And for those who don't, I hope you had a good day off.  We had a great low-key day of relaxing, topped off with a good Christmas dinner and wine.  I did manage to get out for a 4 mile run before all the feasting.  More crazy weather - it was 65 degrees Sunday when I did my run; yesterday it was 21 degrees!  But it was a crisp clear day with bright sunshine and beautiful winter blue skies, and I'd much rather run in the cold than in the heat. The park was almost completely empty - usually the trails are very popular, but yesterday I think I saw maybe 6 people the whole run.  But I did see tons of robins (!) and some cardinals - the males were magnificent in the sun - the red was so brilliant against the bright blue sky.  Then just at the end of the run, two beautiful deer walked by - so elegant and lovely.  

Now back to working off all those calories. Shocked  Power90 Sculpt today, plus 100 second plank. 

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited December 2013

I had a wonderful day although solo.  But lots of wonderful wishes and some time to dream about next year.  I will be trading my view for larger and more elegant quarters, and closer to the nonprofit office.  I am looking too at a fireplace and a complex with a hot tub.  Did I mention closer to the slopes and room for a Christmas tree?

So one of my Christmas presents will be a tapestry.  My friend was wondering what to get me, and that is what I can use.

Then, tracking my gifts that didn't arrive.  I think the crunch was due to all the online shopping.  So FedEx and USPS weren't prepared.  Also, something went wrong with online bill pay....two payments.  So got that straight.  The poor people in the leasing office were BURIED under all the shipments.

I did a 5k run around Green Lake yesterday. Today is a work day.  Already in 2014.

I didn't get to watch a movie on my Kindle, but did start a book.  I do most of my reading online these days.

One thing I learned yesterday, and I will share.....watch out for kids with new bicycles.  Nearly got taken out twice.  Christmas Eve had almost no one out, but yesterday was busy.  And great fun to be outside enjoying everything.  Just wonderful. - Claire

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited December 2013

Good to read a relaxing day for all.  Cheryl,  looking at your photos makes meI homesick for nutty so cal.  DH ate a sparrows portion of christmas lunch, a wee, tiny bit of turkey, thimble size of 3 veg mash, 1 small brussel sprout and a tablespoon of stuffing but hey, he made his short term goal of eating lunch with us, so good on him and almost forgot, he drank a half cup of tepid tea and that really quacked his duck.  Got a ham in coca cola (Nigella recipe) baking in the oven and going to put potatoes dauphinoise to bake as well for Boxing Day dinner.

Happy to report I ran a 3k today 

It was sunny and really was restless to get out and blow out the cobwebs  We have had storms for the past 4 days and the road was flooded out in one part so I ran through two sheep pastures to bypass the road (flooded up and over the roadside verge) freaking the sheep out. I'll get to a couple of classes at the gym tomorrow morning.

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited December 2013

Geez, I should have posted before Lilac because now I'm almost embarrassed to.  Wow, that's an impressive achievement Lilac, good for you.  Anyhooo, (obviously I'm not THAT embarrassed) I did my 20 minutes on the treadmill.  My consistency may be one of the few redeeming qualities of my workout.  Actually, I AM in better shape and still trying and succeeding to lose weight.  I too did not overeat yesterday.  Having an impacted wisdom tooth that's causing me grief is fitting quite well in to my diet plan.  Blech.