Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,545
    edited December 2013

I hate that Diet by Dental Problems Plan!

Thank you for the beautiful pictures, Cheryl....California Dreaming!

Lilac, glad your DH got to sample some yummy food.

My company has now come & gone. We really had a great, too short, time. My niece & I did make it over to the YMCA on Tuesday before the eating frenzy began, but the rest of the time was food, food, and more food (seriously, I gained 5 pounds in 2 days Shocked).

This morning I took in all the recycling, FINALLY ordered my Christmas cards (oh well, better late than never, right?), and in a few minutes I will wrestle the cats into carriers and bring them to the vet for their annual shots (not, not, not fun), and THEN I will exercise. Does anyone me to send them some leftovers?

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited December 2013

Isn't cat wrestling a recognized exercise?

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited December 2013

Oh and yes to the leftovers just so long as they aren't too chewy. 

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited December 2013

Marple & Ruth, I do my share of cat wrestling. I think it should count as exercise. 

My exercise today, though, was dog walking as usual and going to the gym to do upper and lower body weight training.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited December 2013

Love the cat wrestling...lol.    Agree with Ruth that the diet by dental plan is no fun!! 

Back to work and the gym today. Walked/ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes plus weights and toning. 

• ruthbru
    edited December 2013

Well, I did get the cats to the vet (me chasing them around the house for 20 minutes, and their avoidance maneuvers would make a good comedy sketch). They have to go back next week to get their teeth cleaned, so the fun will continue.....

I did Arms, Abs & Buns of Steel and 45 minutes on the treadmill. My classes aren't meeting until after New Years so I am on my own until then.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited December 2013

Yeah for power  Dulci.  Lisa Jayne I love my fitbit and it's very easy to set up,  Lilac so good that your DH got to taste a tiny bite. Too funny on the cat wrestling Ruth, sorry you have to have a rematch. Ouch on the impacted tooth Marple, that's a heck of a diet plan. Mary that's a very drastic temperature drop, people are probably inside sitting by a nice warm fire, only crazy exercise nuts are out and aboutWinking

Back to the gym tonight for a spin class, unfortunately I'd have to sit on a bike for 24 hours to make a dent in my caloric intake over the past few days Loopy Oh and my very kind neighbor knocked on my door at 8am this morning and handed me a plate full of cupcakes and declared 'I want them out of my house' gee thanks just what I need........

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited December 2013

Vertical double step and pilates at the gym this morning. 

• AnnieLane
    edited December 2013

Walked the dogs and that may be it for the day. It is a work day and my dad is sick, so I'm calling him, and or his doctor's office on my breaks.

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited December 2013

Shoveled heavy snow for about 20 minutes.

• ruthbru
    edited December 2013

Here is my crazy day; I got up did my Cardio Dance Party DVD & went on the treadmill for awhile, then jumped in the shower and, as I was meeting a friend for lunch, I sat down at my makeup mirror to put on my face. I peered in the mirror & let out a shriek! The white part of my right eye was glowing RED, like a vampire eye (and looked very BIG as my mirror magnifies everything!). I immediately called my eye doctor, who got me in and pronounced that I had popped a blood vessel (which can happen for no reason), and that it would clear up on it's own, but it was probably good I went in because it will look worse before it looks better (it will look even redder & then turn yellow as it heals), so I would have really been freaking if I hadn't checked it out. Anyway, I still got the lunch in, and since it was pretty nice out, I also chipped ice and snow from the driveway for awhile......

• LuvLulu07
    LuvLulu07 Member Posts: 596
    edited December 2013

ruth   I've had broken eye blood vessels, it didn't hurt at all.  But it does look really creepy!   

Brisk beach walk for 30 minutes this afternoon with DD, and we watched the most beautiful sunset.  We're at my in-laws beach house on the west coast of Florida for the weekend, just heavenly.  This is where my DH and I were engaged 23 years ago, it's bittersweet to visit here and remember.  

I'm continuing plank challenge, but found out that I had been doing it wrong!  I had been doing it on hands and toes, happily planking away.  And then I discovered that it should be done on elbows and toes.  This is so much tougher, so I will remain at 50 seconds for a few more days to get into it.  

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited December 2013

Well, I threw my back out a few days ago while attempting to start the generator. Devil

It is just starting to get better now. Did a bit of mall walking today. Loads of slow people in my way. Ha! 

Hoping to return to my planks and bike in the next couple of days. 

• hbcheryl
    edited December 2013

Ouch Ruth,  (((Joy))) bittersweet but happy memory. Feel better soon Dulci. Hope your Dad is okay Annie. Well today was a total wash for me, woke up at 6am with a very watery eye and sneezing so before I made breakfast I took a Benadryl, I was supposed to meet a friend for 8.30am spin but woke at 8.20am then I've been napping all day Benadryl sure did a number on me, I only hope that if I have a bug I haven't passed it to my friends baby as last night after spin I went into the nursery at the gym and cuddled him for more than half an hour, he fell asleep when I started rocking him so I just kept rocking till his Mom finished her class. I did cut roses for an hour this afternoon but my Fitbit says I've only done 2800 steps, don't think I'll make my 10,000 todayShocked

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited December 2013

Dulcigirl, hope your back gets better soon. Ruth, ditto for your eye as that really can be upsetting... Cheryl, put on the tea and we will come help you with those cupcakes.....lol

Did 20 minutes on the Elliptical plus some toning exercises today. 

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited December 2013

Had a busy day and ready for bed.  Work at the nonprofit, and then I just had to drink up my Christmas wine.  So after a walk when I got home, I made a steak to go with the Pinot.  YUM!  Plus roasted carrots and potatoes w/ creamed spinach.  Double YUM!!  I ate up the dried figs and then decided to work on the creme do marron (chestnut creme).  Treat from my Paris days.

Ready to roll into my bed.

Hopefully, those Robert Clergerie boots I ordered on eBay will fit.  Haven't had such splendid footwear in quite some time.

Hoping for a ride tomorrow.  Reality (and work) are beginning to dawn.  January 2014 is upon me.

My bed beckons........ - Claire

• ruthbru
    edited December 2013

Well, my bed beckoned me to stay in it this morning.....but since I will be busy the rest of the day, I forced myself downstairs & did an indoor walking tape & some toning (30 minutes of each)....blah, I wasn't in the mood. The icky, really cold weather is back & my eye is even a brighter red, so I am crabby. Alas.....a big cup of coffee will no doubt improve my disposition, so that is my next move ThumbsUp.

• claire_in_seattle
    edited December 2013

I wish I could send you my latest health food discovery.......chocolate covered cherries laced with red wine essence.  All of the benefits of wine, chocolate, and cherries....plus delish.  I think they work in your situation too, Ruth.  Feel better. - Claire

• hbcheryl
    edited December 2013

Feel better Ruth, you are a trooper working out when you feel yuk.  Claire those cherries sound yum.

This morning did Spin class followed by Bootcamp, Soriya I thought about you in a Spin as the guy on the bike next to me farted and it was a really stinky 'man' fart Bawling

• sweetandspecial
    edited December 2013

30 minutes chopping, pushing and shoveling snowmelt/ice.  It's been a long week with not much exercise due to cramming for an exam........which I passed today!!

• claire_in_seattle
    edited December 2013

Yippie on the exam!  I got out and did a ride along the shore.  Saw WHALES on the way back.  Beyond excited to see them. - Claire

• AnnieLane
    edited December 2013

Just walked the dogs today.

• ruthbru
    edited December 2013

Congratulations on the exam, sweet!

Claire, I think those chocolate covered cherries sounds like the cure to almost anything!!!

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited December 2013

Except alcoholism.  Well done S&S!

Sunny, frosty 5k run and feeling fit!

• ruthbru
    edited December 2013

I imagine that is true, Lilac, although in my case the addiction would be to the chocolate covered cherry part....my dad was a chocolate covered cherry fiend! Santa Claus would always bring him a huge box at Christmas....dark and milk chocolate both. I can never pass a display at the store without thinking of him Smile

• claire_in_seattle
    edited December 2013

No Lilac.  That would be the chocolate brandy beans I got for the office a couple of weeks ago.  These cherries have wine solids as part of the chocolate.

I am up early Sunday to work on my Year End email.  Then off for a ride.  I think minimal damage from the festivities.  Amazing how getting out there minimizes these things.

Later on, I need to buy the ingredients for NYE pates.  Celebrating at the Wine Bar so will be food and of course great wine.  I lucked out with this year's wine.  Was not at all expensive, and just PERFECT.  Amazing in fact.  Still have 2 bottles to distribute. 

Then also a poster for my office.  We are having an open house, and nothing like a bit of art work to make things look personal and lived in.

I am excited about 2014.  This was a good year too, but 2014 will be a slightly different direction.  Starting with a professional photographer at our Open House on Friday for our website and LinkedIn.  I am getting my hair trimmed on Thursday so I look the part.

Now on to the YE letter. - Claire

• sweetandspecial
    edited December 2013

Thanks all.  Now that exam pressure is lifted I can dig into a good book again...YAY!!!  Reading is my very first love and it's beyond difficult to cut myself off from leisure reading like I have to do when I'm taking a class.

Lilac - interesting that you use the 'S&S' abbreviation for my profile name.  That's exactly what my DH used to call me when we were dating Smile.  Seeing that gave me a quick trip down memory lane.

• sweetandspecial
    edited December 2013

a good 30 minutes of ice chopping, scraping, pushing, shoveling and tossing.

For you gals in the warmer climes this consists of using either a heavy shovel or in my case an ice chopper I bought last year (long handle like a shovel with about an 8" steel blade at the bottom) to chop and scrape the snow in the driveway that has now frozen solid after a thaw/freeze episode. I then push the chunks toward the side of the driveway and use a snow shovel to do a shovel and toss routine.  Lift and dump doesn't work like it does for plain old snow shoveling because the ice chunks like to unbalance the snow shovel and slide off before you can dump it.  Got in a lot of good squat type action to protect my back during the shovel/toss portion and good upper body (back/shoulders) during the chop/scrape/push portion.  Ah.....the wonders of life in Michigan!

• AnnieLane
    edited December 2013

S&S, that's an interesting tutorial on ice chopping/removal - info I hope I never need! I don't like the hot summers down here, nor the lack of a real fall or spring, but I don't envy any of you Northerners all the work it takes just to be able to leave your homes in the winter! My mom was from Maine and my dad was from Illinois, but after a career in the Air Force, he settled us down here in San Antonio, where I met my DH, who was also a military brat. I was born in New York and he was born in New Jersey but we've lived all our adult lives in South Texas. Our youngest daughter married an Iowa boy, so they live in Des Moines. The winters were quite an adjustment for our DD, but she's been there 10 years now. 

Anyway, back to the subject at hand, exercise. We took the dogs for an extra long walk this afternoon - temps were in the fifties. Then I went grocery shopping and to the gym, where I did upper and lower body strength training and some stretching.

• claire_in_seattle
    edited December 2013

Got in a 20+ mile ride.  Lots of conditioning along the long stretches of trail w/o breaks. Feel wonderful.  Very few people out, but did run into someone I know.