Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited December 2013

Claire I love your white elephant ideas. Alcohol or yummy treats would be much more welcome than the usual junk.

About a 2 mile walk and some weights. No planking Nerdy

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited December 2013

I flapped my jaws with a couple of BCO sisters at lunch today too Winking Unfortunately after 3 hours I had to head back to work. Tonight I did an RPM class and the bike set up was all wrong so I ended up with sore feet and a stiff neck, then I tried to do a Body Jam class but left after half an hour as my feet were on fire and I had the beginnings of a headache, even so I did 12000 'steps' in those two classes.

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited December 2013

60 minute group class this morning - it was a real ball buster but as always I'm glad I made the effort to get up and go do it Smile

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited December 2013

Sori - congrats on getting the drains out! And oh yes, I remember those TEs well - like having two box turtle shells in my chest! I was so happy when I finally had my DIEP and got rid of those things! But you do get used to them as time goes on - I had my for 9 months and by the end I'd adapted. Lilac - great news on the grant for your PRP program - so good to have your efforts recognized, and in such a concrete way!

Got in my 30 minute treadmill run plus 90 second plank after work yesterday. Power90 cardio workout plus 90 second plank this morning. Re: the planking, I think I did the same as Ruth - got too cocky and started too high, as I'm stuck on 90 and there's no way I can make the next jump. I'm realizing the form really is more important at these longer durations, so today I was trying to concentrate on pressing my hands down more to try to distribute the weight all along my forearms and not just have it concentrated in the shoulder and elbow. I'll keep in mind the tip about aligning the spine all the way up the neck - maybe I'll just try for 100 seconds next time instead of making the full jump to 120 like I'm supposed to.

• sweetandspecial
    edited December 2013

I turned my head a bit last night during my 90 second plank so I could be distracted by the television. I'm sure my form wasn't tiptop but it gave me something to concentrate on besides my misery....

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited December 2013

Another reason to exercise....

http://www.sabcs.org/PressReleases/Documents/2013/be92c6ca5d4070f7.pdf

Not as if we didn't know this, but nice to have it confirmed. - Claire

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited December 2013

LOL, sweet. I did 90 seconds today and concentrated on my breathing.

Thanks, Claire. Interesting numbers. Study participants experienced up to 29% decline in pain if they improved their cardiorespiratory fitness.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited December 2013

Freestyle step and body balance this morning.

DH saw his two consultants, oncologist and ENT, together. We were told that the healing is coming along, the lymph nodes in his neck are within normal limits upon touch and the PET scan will happen mid January. The scan will give us a definitive answer that DH is in remission. He still depends on the peg (stomach tube) for food and drink and his Dr.'s feel over the course of a few weeks he should be able to be back to eating with greater reduction of pain including other unpleasant side effect too. Christmas has come early in our house.Smile

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited December 2013

lilac!!! YAY!!!!!!

Best gift of all!!!

• soriya123
    soriya123 Member Posts: 384
    edited December 2013

Lilacblue, I am so happy for you n your DH. Merry Christmas!!!

• hbcheryl
    edited December 2013

Claire I logged on as I just finished reading that article and was going to post it, we already knew it but it's nice to have it confirmed ThumbsUp

Lilac I am sooooo happy to ready your news. Soriya it's been beautiful these last couple of days so it's nice that you can get out and walk, one foot in front of the other and before you know it you've walked a marathon. When I'm in my Bootcamp class and we plank, we all line up in a row and it's funny to look down the line to see everyone lined up on their toes. I think I am going to have a couple of rest days, my feet are really sore after yesterday and I have a shoulder ache, I may be coming down with something or that stupid bike set up may have just messed me up, all the bikes at the location I was at last night need to be serviced and I just couldn't bring the handlebars in close enough so I think I've messed myself up.

• hbcheryl
    edited December 2013

I posted this on Ruth FB page this morning but I thought all the plankers might get a kick out of this......

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited December 2013

Cheryl - too true!!! Singing Take care of that shoulder and your feet!

LB - what wonderful news! I bet you're ready to say goodbye to 2013 and welcome in a brand new 2014.

• Dulcigirl
    edited December 2013

hbcheryl....

Laughing SO HARD right now!!!!

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited December 2013

LilacBlue - excellent news...

hbcheryl - OMG -too funny, and way too true!

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited December 2013

Oh Cheryl, that is hilarious and probably too true in my case. Happy Anyway I did a 90 second plank today and will rest from planking tomorrow when I will be at my daughter's house in Dallas. Took a cold rainy walk with DH and the puppy girls. Will be hitting the road after work.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited December 2013

Cheryl, too funny and likely oh so true!!

Soriya, congrats on getting rid of those drains. What a relief I bet. That was the worst part of the whole process for me. 

Badger, good luck at Wally World getting the new pedometer. This time of year, you might want to consider combat gear....lol

Lilacblue, what great news!!! So happy for you both. 

Ran 3 miles on the treadmill this morning and did both a 60 second plank plus a 90 second plank since I  couldn't remember what day I was on.... 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,544
    edited December 2013

Very happy news, Lilac! You will, indeed, have a happy Christmas!

The picture of the Elephant Plank has convinced me to back way up on my time and concentrate more on form!

I subbed again today & did the treadmill before I went to school. We are going out tonight & I am to lazy to take two showers in one day!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited December 2013

Took one look at the WW parking lot as I passed it en route home and thought fuggedaboutit.  Will go early one morning when all the crazy shoppers are still having breakfast.  Want to replace it because headed to FL next week for C-Mas vacation and will be walking a lot.  I should invest in a better model but the way I lose/break pedometers (dropped one in the toilet at a public ladies room and was NOT going after it) it's best to spend as little as possible.  Did walk at work today, we have a large bldg so can walk around indoors if not nice out.  Will do 20 mins of PM yoga and a 20 sec plank yet tonight. 

Will try for plank #1 instead of elephant plank LOL Cheryl.  I do hope you're not messed up and feeling better.

LB, so happy for you and your DH and your early Christmas.  ((hugs))

Claire, thx for article.  I have another 1.5 yrs on tamox then probably an AI so it's good to be proactive.

Have a good weekend my Sculpted Sisters!  ♥ to all

• soriya123
    soriya123 Member Posts: 384
    edited December 2013

hbcheryl,  yes the weather is so nice lately.  Hmm....that plank excerise look complicated.  LOLzzz  I dont think I can do it.  This morning I walked for 1 hr.  In the evening I went to Macy with my mom and sister searching for clothes n walking here n there.....my lower back is killing me now.  But i'm glad I went  out n walked around instead of sitting on a couch.  :)

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited December 2013

LilacBlue, I'm so glad to hear your good news.

Weights, hooping, and a short walk today. I'm starting up a new weight routine. I've had a hard time sticking with weights in the past. I feel inspired to try again. I will be really psyched if I can gain strength.

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited December 2013

So happy for Santa's early present to you,LB!!!

That plank pic is worth 10,000 words, Cheryl!

Lots of dancing last night. Tonight it will be mostly jaw work, but maybe I can convince some of my friends to dance, too.

• sweetandspecial
    edited December 2013

lilacblue - very happy for you and DH!

Cheryl - love the plank photos - laughed out loud then showed my DH because he's doing the challenge with me (actually he kind of dropped out but since he did last about a week he could definitely appreciate the humor in that picture!).

Soriya - hope you feel better and better every day

Badger - I just put a fitbit on my Christmas list.  I'm probably gonna be in trouble this year because neither of our children is available to help DH with his shopping for me.  DH typically does a shopping day with DD, DS and DS's girlfriend when he's shopping for me and they always have a blast.  He'll have to go solo this year - oh no!  I love him dearly but after 35+ years together he still doesn't quite understand my taste but my kids (especially DD) are usually spot on.

It's just after 8am here and after I catch up with my BC sisters I'm headed to the gym for treadmill, stair climber, abs, back and plank.  Will report later if I actually accomplish all that, plus what I think will be some snow shoveling later today.

• Dulcigirl
    edited December 2013

90 second plank AND 1 hour biking (inside!!).

Yay!! I feel like I'm back!!!

And although I think my behind/belly still resembles the baby elephant more then "Plank Girl" at least I kept my face off the floor. Happy

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited December 2013

Thank you, all of you for your consistent support, care and love. Cheryl, thanks for the laugh.

• sweetandspecial
    edited December 2013

Three miles on the treadmill, walked half and ran half, then 2 sets of 12 reps on the lower back thingamajig and leg lift/reverse crunches, 90 second plank and a good stretch.  The some mild retail therapy wandering around Walmart picking up stocking stuffers and a few groceries. It's been snowing lightly all day so far so I'll be out later to shovel the driveway.....again.

Way to go Dulci!  I did my plank at the gym today (within sight of other people, horror of horrors!) so I had to work really hard on my form and not breathe and grunt like I was dying......lol!

• Dulcigirl
    edited December 2013

Well, I made all of those noises for you!! Today was very hard for me. I may modify and stay at 90 a few more days (or weeks!) before bumping up again. Maybe mine will be a two month challenge. Trying to keep my eyes on the prize (health and fitness) rather than getting grouchy and giving up because I'm not perfect.

Personal issue TMI!!!! Winking

• sweetandspecial
    edited December 2013

Whew.....60 minutes shoveling snow and scraping the stuff loose that gets packed down after it's been driven on.  Got major burn going on between my shoulder blades right now.  I'll get out my tennis ball and work the kinks out.

• Warrior_Woman
    Warrior_Woman Member Posts: 819
    edited December 2013

Hi Everyone - I am joining this group now that I am attempting a comeback. Ten days out from my BMX and I walked 3.5 miles on incline on the treadmill....holding on of course. I feel so much better. A week of sitting around eating bon bons is a killer.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited December 2013

hi Warrior Woman, welcome!  If you haven't already, please check out this excellent short paper on safe exercise after node removal.  http://www.stepup-speakout.org/Handout%20doc%20for%20SUSO-040113.pdf  It was created by caring and knowledgeable members of BCO including our own NatsFan.

Headed to the track to walk.  ♥ to all