Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,859
    edited January 2014

I walked/ran this afternoon before the rain starts. Plus I have a long meeting tonight.

• InspiredbyDolce
    InspiredbyDolce Member Posts: 987
    edited April 2014

Today is my day off from exercise for the week!  I enjoyed it.

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited January 2014

It's beautiful here too - sunny with a brilliant blue sky! I did 3 mi. of walk/jog intervals, some with DH and the dogs and some solo.

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited January 2014

30 minutes of yoga this morning (no arm stuff) and 3o minutes of "dreadmill" (I like that term) this afternoon. It's been snowing steadily since 8:30 this morning!!!!

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited January 2014

Dragged myself to the gym after work today for 30 minutes on the Elliptical plus weights and some toning exercises. Hoping to hit the hot tub for some relaxation before the rain moves in. 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,545
    edited January 2014

Went to Zumba. Here is a picture of our class right before Christmas. You may be able to guess that the cute girl in the Santa hat is our teacher!

• wonderland
    edited January 2014

Ruth: Where are the cute wrestlers?

• ruthbru
    edited January 2014

They are actually WRESTLING........sigh!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2014

Looks like a fun group Ruth. Like Odie I dragged myself to the gym tonight hoping against hope that all the bikes would be 'taken' but alas no there was one available so I did an hour Spin class, plus I took Morgana to the dog park this morning thinking I could get her to burn if some energy but she was scared out of her mind and just followed me around and made herself anxious but at least we had a walk.

• AnnieLane
    edited January 2014

Ruth, my estimated retirement date is Sept. 1, 2021...Sad

By the way, you look fantastic in your new profile pic ThumbsUp

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited January 2014

Ruth: every time I see you in a new picture, you just get cuter!!!!

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited January 2014

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,858
    edited January 2014

She could be your daughter, Ruth! If she were your age I would say you were separated at birth.

LOL, Cheryl on being "forced" to go spinning. My Body Jam teacher was sick so I had to make do with body weight exercises with DD at home (her own concoction).  

I was looking for a picture of me with my instructors but this is all I could find. I'm in blue at a Les Mills quarterly last fall.

This is my BJ instructor.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited January 2014

Heidi & Cheryl, I asked about LM workshops (after reading some of you had attended them and no mention by anyone here) and was told here they are for instructors only. Was I asking the right question?

Body Balance this morning.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited January 2014

Heidi - gee, and I thought that bottom picture was of you! Happy  Blessings - LOL!!  Ruth - great pix as always.  

Had to drop Mikey at the vet for teeth cleaning this morning, then take the Leaf to the dealer for a software upgrade.  I almost convinced myself that I could blow off exercise this morning since I had to do all those errands before work.  But then The Voices woke me up early, with more than enough time to get in a 30 minute elliptical session.  Good job, Voices!  Winking

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited January 2014

Nothing new on the exercise front, but I will be moving in about a month to a larger, newer place about 30 miles from here!  I signed the application yesterday, so it's all reserved.  Gorgeous place, and surrounded by hiking trails, areas to jog/walk and cycling lanes.  Supermarket is just around the corner, so a bit too walkable.  Horse farms a couple of streets over.  Bus to Seattle is at the bottom of the hill.

I have just loved living here, and I won't have quite the view.  But the commute to Redmond 3+ times per week does not make sense when I can get larger and cheaper there plus retrieve time/energy.  I just have too much going on not to do this.

I am already arranging my moving party.  Learning how strong my BACK is.....hmmmmm.

So 2014 is a year of major change.......and I think in a good way.  I am so excited. - Claire

• hbcheryl
    edited January 2014

Major congratulations Claire, your new location sounds fabulous with all those amenities. LB in the US they used to be only for instructors but about 2 years ago they opened them up so that instructors could bring their class participants, we can't do the AIM training but we can do the classes, the next one for me is already bought and paid for in Las Vegas the last weekend in March and it's a Mega Quarterly. LOL Heidi love the Jam picture and I recognize the move your instructor is doing, and point to ponder 'how come all instructors appear to be young and cute'? Blessings that is too funny, as an aside a couple of weeks ago in Bootcamp he had us in the parking lot running to a point, turning around and running back, well as I have mentioned many times I am NOT a runner and everybody had done their 3 times and he just said to me okay Cheryl just 2 times for you ... Yup I was still going but going slowly and was on my 2nd return Loopy Good job Mary, give Mikey a hug for me, he is such a pistol.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited January 2014

Yes, I'm waiting for the vet to call and beg me to pick Mikey up ASAP because he's driving them crazy!  Shocked

• InspiredbyDolce
    InspiredbyDolce Member Posts: 987
    edited January 2014

Getting ready to leave for my 90-minute workout now and then to do a comforter run.  Comforter is too big for our home washer and dryer so have to visit the laundry mat.  The laundry mat has scary looking tiles up top - concerned of mold, so I'll be running in to drop it in the machine and then back outside to sit in the sun.  I'll wait to take shower until after I get home to make sure any unwelcomed lLaundromat spores are not on me!  (yes, slightly obsessive here).

Your new place sounds awesome Claire!

I loved the group exercise photos. All of you act like exercise is no big deal.  If you only knew what went on in my mind when I know I have to go workout.  You all make it look so easy and like it's a piece of cake.  Some of you even doing the exercise deed several times a day.  OMG you all are a rare find!  :o) I do like exercise - when I'm all done with it.  LOL

• AnnieLane
    edited January 2014

Claire, you new place sounds perfect for you with your active outdoors lifestyle!

I was going to go to the gym today, but it is so gorgeous here that I couldn't bear the thought of being indoors when I could be outside. DH wasn't available to walk the dogs with me, so I walked Gypsy, then brought her home and walked Zoe and then when Penny balked at going out without DH (she's the sensitive one Winking), I walked some more by myself. Then I came and did a 90 second plank and some pushups until my frozen shoulder protested. Back to work in a bit, unfortunately.

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited January 2014

Annie....I always chose "outside over inside" at every opportunity too. Today.....30 minutes yoga, 30 minutes pilates, 30 minutes elliptical (no arms).

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited January 2014

Claire, congrats on the move. Sounds like you are moving in the right direction for you...

Went to a boot camp class this evening to switch things up some. Definitely needed to since I indulged in a piece of cake this afternoon when celebrating another year older. 

• ruthbru
    edited January 2014

Subbed, so did the dreadmill and pilates when I got home.

Love the rum/run saying!

Claire, your new place sounds perfect!

Heidi, great pictures as well. I wish my Zumba teacher was my daughter because she's nice, cute and from Brazil, which would make me a 'hot Latin mama'.....and I would presumably have more rhythm than bequeathed to me by my Northern European ancestors! 

Now Mikey can have a nice smile like my cats (if they should decide to smile!).

Annie, 2021? If you can not travel before then, maybe we will have to come to you!

• wonderland
    edited January 2014

Claire: Congratulations on your new move. Have fun packing!

Run/Rum - too funny Blessings!

Ruth: Tonight dh and I went to a lecture on Lincoln and Gettysburg. It was fabulous!

Good evening all! It was raining this morning and then cleared up during the afternoon so I was able to walk before going out to eat and then to the Lincoln program.

• ruthbru
    edited January 2014

Jealous!

• AnnieLane
    edited January 2014

Thanks for the thought anyway, Ruth. There's a lot to do and see in San Antonio, but summers here are miserable, which is why I love getting outdoors when we have nice weather the rest of the year. And as much as I'd love you all to come here, it wouldn't do me much good if I was working. So I guess I'll just have to join you all on your excursions vicariously / virtually.

• hbcheryl
    edited January 2014

Happy Birthday Odie ThumbsUp Dolce this thread really should be called 'Lets Post our Daily Exercise cause we love to eat' Singing Tonight did Body a Step class, I'm mad at myself cause I was almost at 10000 steps and dang it when I changed from my work clothes to my workout clothes I forgot to put my Fitbit back on grrrrr.

• ruthbru
    edited January 2014

Happy Birthday, Odie!

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited January 2014

60 minute group FAST class this morning.  Been too busy to do anything but speed read through my favorite threads but never doubt that I think about and pray for everyone experiencing setbacks, aches, pains, joys, birthdays, milestones and everything else that means we're all able to experience life!

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited January 2014

Happy Birthday Odie!  Thanks Cheryl on the LM info. Heidi what language are your gym classes?  Great news Claire and wish you all the best regarding up coming life changes. 

Freestyle step and body balance this morning.