Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited January 2014

Lisa Jayne, there's always tomorrow. You were not a slug. You were resting your muscles ThumbsUp

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited January 2014

Really wish I could join you guys in California but I just don't have the vacation time this year as it looks like I am going to have to use some to get rid of a cranky gallbladder. Annie, sounds like you have a very special dgd there. Welcome to the group Sunshower. 

Didn't get any exercise in yesterday but did go to the gym tonight for 30 minutes on the Elliptical plus weights. 

• InspiredbyDolce
    InspiredbyDolce Member Posts: 987
    edited January 2014

Claire, how long does it take you to do the 35 miles?  My update:  I clocked in 276 miles in November (combo EFX machine and treadmill) but that was a 5 week month.  I aim for 60 miles a week on the EFX.  Today I did 11.15 miles. Then came home and had roasted brussel sprouts for breakfast.  :)

PS - I liked SweetandSpecial's update.  LOL

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,545
    edited January 2014

Hi Sunshower & Inspired!

Ann, PM me your e-mail & I will put you on the 'California Dreaming' list.

I got called in to sub today, so couldn't go to my exercise classes....boo hoo.....did an hour on the treadmill tonight instead....also boo hoo....subbing again tomorrow (after I drop my cats off at the vet for the dreaded teeth cleaning Shocked).

• _Ann_
    _Ann_ Member Posts: 448
    edited January 2014

Welcome Sunshower and Inspired.  

Mary, I had lots of trouble with new moves, for instance hooping around the shoulders, I'd get one rotation, then five rotations, then nine rotations, then 15, then finally could keep the hoop going but this happened over weeks of practice.  Some things I don't get at all until I get some help in a workshop.  And some things I just don't get even with instruction.  But once you get just a few moves you can do quite a lot of dancing.

Weights and about 40 minutes hooping today.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2014

Welcome Sunshower and Inspired.... Heidi  and Nihahi hope you are both feeling better.  S&S it's called a 'rest day' Winking 

Tonight did Body Pump followed by Body Combat

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited January 2014

welcome Sunshower and welcome back Debra!

HeidiHill, happy to hear B9 but surgery is still the pits.

nihahi, glad you got through recon and can do a little.  Please take it easy! 

The polar vortex is gone and it's warming up, which sounds great but we're getting precip today.  First it will snow then it'll become freezing rain, yikes a bad combo.  Brought work home last night so am telecommuting today.

Walked at the indoor track Weds & Thurs nights.  Logged 17.25 km = 10.7 miles since last post.  TGIF!  ♥

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited January 2014

Ruth - good luck with the cat rodeo!  Ann - thanks for the pep talk - I plan to get some good practice time in this weekend.  Inspired and Sunshower - this is a fun group - welcome!  Odie - we'll miss you in California - notice everyone opted for chilly SF this year after their 100+ degree days in DC last year???  For those who are new to the thread, last year's trip was to DC.  Here's NatsFan, Badger, Wonderland, Odie, Cheryl, Patoo, and Ruth at the FDR memorial.  It was 100 degrees that day, but still we covered every monument there was to see - Jefferson, FDR, MLK, WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Arlington Cemetery (including the Tomb of the Unknowns and Kennedy gravesite), and Lincoln.  The next day we stuck to indoor air conditioned museums!

35 minute run on the dreadmill last night. Declared today a rest day. 

Winking
  • sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited January 2014

Annie and cheryl - a rest day is all well and good.  It's just that I've had FOUR rest days since Monday!  However, now that I've kind of committed to the California Dreamin' hook-up I have more reason to be motivated to get back in shape and kick butt Smile

Sunshower and Inspired - welcome to a great thread!

Claire - I continue to be in awe of your commitment and the time you're able to devote to fitness activities.

Nihahi - rest and heal, dear one!  Take care.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited January 2014

Freestyle step and body balance at the gym this morning. 

I'm going to get those xmas boxes out of the entrance hall and in the garage, she mumbled as she hiked off the stool in the kitchen.

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited January 2014

What a great picture!!  Thank you for sharing.

Boring treadmill-done!

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited January 2014

love the picture!!

10 mile ride done. 

I ride better while watching romantic comedy or old classics. (I have to forget I'm exercising while riding inside.) I have not left my house since Sunday. I work at our library which was closed due to ice, etc. I am out of movies. Yesterday and today I resorted to a $5 movie we got years ago that had never been opened! Very old b&w Sherlock Holmes. Yesterday I thought I was going to fall asleep at 5 miles in, but today I found myself enjoying them. 2 stories equals about 45 minutes or 10 miles. The $5 bargain has 30 stories! I can ride for 13 more days. Lol. (I figured that out through my great powers of deduction!)

I actually came up with a host of pretty reasonable excuses not to ride this morning. Loopy

But then the word "SLUG" popped into my head and I groaned and put my ugly shorts on and got to work. Thanks, Sweet!!! Lol.

• badger
    edited January 2014

Dulcigirl, we call that "The Voices" which is the Sculpted Sisterhood encouraging one another.  ♥

• Dulcigirl
    edited January 2014

Well, it's a great replacement for the negative voices I've fought since childhood! ThumbsUp

So we need t-shirts:

"The voices told me to exercise."

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited January 2014

Gosh, I wish all this muscle pain was from some barbaric workout instead of "shakes" coming out of anesthesia. I think my exercise today will be going back and forth to the freezer for ice packs. SadSadSad. This is soooooo not what I expected. 

• Fallleaves
    Fallleaves Member Posts: 134
    edited January 2014

Wow, Nihahi, sounds pretty rough. Hope you're feeling better soon.

• Marple
    edited January 2014

Hugs Nihahi.  Hoping this passes soon.

• NatsFan
    edited January 2014

Nihahi - hang in there - take care of yourself and rest up.  Hope it passes soon.  

Dulci - obviously great minds think alike - a few years ago (back on page 334) we actually did get some t-shirts with that on it.  I coordinated it back then - we ordered through CustomInk.  If anyone wants to organize another t-shirt order, I'll be glad to send along the info:

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited January 2014

Hang in there Nihahi, this too shall pass (and in the mean time there are ice packs and prescription meds!).

Dulcigirl - glad to be of assistance, although I do hope that eventually you can think of me without associating it with a slug....lol!

• Dulcigirl
    edited January 2014

Love it, Natsfan!

My husband has been in team sales for 24 years. It's his fault that I always think in t-shirt slogans. Lol. It's also his fault that I know bizarre things like...the Detroit Lions blue? It's not "just blue." It's "honolulu blue." I am always telling him to have them make me a t-shirt that says _______, usually just to get a reaction. Last night I made him choke!  "This summer you can make me a shirt that says 'I got my tittats at Little Vinnie's."'

THAT totally shocked him!!!! ROFL!! 

(I'd never wear it. Shoot. I'd never even say it out loud except to my sister. But bc sure takes ya down some new paths....)

Sweet...I promise!! I do NOT associate you with slugs. Winking You were just the loudest of The Voices today.

• NatsFan
    edited January 2014

And of course there's "Forum Blue" for the LA Lakers, which looks just like purple to me!

I need one of your imaginary Little Vinnie shirts too!  Happy

• Dulcigirl
    edited January 2014

I'll pretend to make another one just for you. ;-)

Nihahi, I sure hope you are resting well this afternoon. It took me a while to recover from my "just a simple" revision surgery. But you'll get there! Try not to be discouraged. Easier said than done, I know.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,545
    edited January 2014

Hi, just stopping in briefly between the dreadmill and going to a basketball game. I taught again today (very fun), but I am tired because the pre-surgery cats were up all night meowing piteously for some food or water. They survived the procedure and we pick them up tomorrow morning. The next time I need surgery I think I will look for a vet, they make you stay over night for FREE just to make sure you are doing alright before they send you go home!!!

Thanks for the DC pictures, Mary. Thinking of the weather we had makes me appreciate the polar vortex a little more. It was the most fun but hottest time ever! Happy

Off I go.....

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited January 2014

Just stopping in to connect with the voices. 

Today, Zoe the Wonder Dog wanted to run, in spite of her bad hips, so she and I did intervals while DH brought up the rear with the two Pokey Little Puppies. Then I went to the gym and did upper and lower body weights.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited January 2014

Full day at work but still made it to the gym this evening for incline training on the treadmill plus weights. Now finally bedtime.....

• Sunshower
    Sunshower Member Posts: 20
    edited January 2014

I made it back to the gym today...yay! I spent 30 minutes on the treadmill with a few bursts of running peppered in... I was surprised that my endurance was already better than yesterday. I was better hydrated too which probably helped.  Thank you for welcoming me to this thread...everyone seems very supportive and close

• claire_in_seattle
    claire_in_seattle Member Posts: 2,793
    edited January 2014

I am soooooo busy.  But I got in all my exercises today.  Plus work, plus my oncology appointment.

I had Wagyu beef burger plus red wine for dinner.  Restorative food.  Plus veggies and eggs with spinach etc for breakfast.

For anyone asking, I don't do deprivation.  Looking for new digs in the AM.  More work, and hopefully a bicycle ride.  I may need the wine bar for "refreshments".

Think I will tackle that pineapple in the fridge.  Yummmmm. - Claire

• badger
    edited January 2014

Got to the store yesterday afternoon ahead of the freezing rain so was all stocked up on groceries.  Didn't want to drive to the track so did a beginner's zumba dvd.  Fun but I was glad to be in the privacy of my own home LOL.  I will get better, with practice.  ♥

• Marple
    edited January 2014

Treadmill done.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited January 2014

Sunny, no wind, no rain, no snow day so I ran 5.97k early this morning and burned 314 calories, at least that is what my Nike Sensor said. Technology never lies, oui?Winking