Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited January 2014

The ice outside is frightful,

But the temp is so delightful...Singing

Tempting...but did not want to fall and break anything, so settled for my basement stair thing. 50 times today!! 

Can't do pushups, but saw this and thought of you all:

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,859
    edited January 2014

Hi All!

Funny picture Dulci!

Inspired: Stickers are great motivators!

Walked/ran this afternoon at the park. 55 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. So different from yesterday when it poured and poured!

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited January 2014

I did the treadmill (previously posted) AND washed floors.  Isn't cleaning floors an exercise? Ha, I guess it is if they were as dirty as mine.  (Insert embarrassed emoticon.)

• InspiredbyDolce
    InspiredbyDolce Member Posts: 987
    edited January 2014

Regarding the cats - we have a cat that has not liked any vet since we moved away from his first/original vet of many years.  Now, when he goes in for his annual appointment, he has to be sedated (last year was the first time).  He gets too worked up and they can't even get near him for something basic.  He has medicine that he has to get refilled once a year, so appointments are a must - but I think our current vet is about to fire us.  He told me next time we need to sedate him ourselves with a tablet they give us beforehand.  This last time they used an injection.  We are trying to figure out a better way. Maybe a vet who makes housebcalls would seem less intimidating to our cat?  The thing is, he kind of plays all of us and comes across as very spoiled.  He purrs when we are in the room, and then he snaps and hisses at the vet when he arrives, and then goes back to purring when he looks at us, and then turns and snaps at the vet as he reaches for him.  With our other vet he would purr as they checked his temperature - that is how much the difference is with his attitude now. 

Still stalling - getting later - must get workout done.  LOL 

Funny picture. 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,545
    edited January 2014

Did an old FIRM tape (yes, tape) Maximum Cardio Burn plus Abs.

I'm thinking I'm hearing swear words floating west on the wind as SF just beat my sister's Carolina Panthers. Yikes!

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,859
    edited January 2014

Good ears, Ruth!

• InspiredbyDolce
    edited January 2014

Ok I'm really going now to do my 90 minutes.  For real this time ladies! 

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited January 2014

Inspired, your cat must have really liked the first vet! Poor Kitty, but he does sound like quite the drama king! It's funny how much cats can hate any change in their lives. 

Dulci, I love the picture.

I walked a mile with DH and the dogs and another mile solo, then went to the gym and did strength training.

• AnnieLane
    AnnieLane Member Posts: 757
    edited January 2014

Oh and Ruth, your pictures make me just long for retirement!!! It would be so wonderful to be able to travel for fun get-togethers like that, and to go visit my daughters & grandchildren and other family out of state without having to worry about rationing my vacation days.

• ruthbru
    edited January 2014

When is your estimated retirement date (so we can plan ahead!)?

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited January 2014

Got out with hubby for a long, slow walk today, about 8 kms, which as it turns out was about 3 km too far, but gee.....it was so good to get some fresh air!!! Not allowed to do any chest/arm stuff for two weeks, so it looks like walking it is.

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited January 2014

Annie – such a sad story… but a good
    reminder to all who run alone to always be aware of your surroundings. Those
    kinds of bad things can happen anywhere.

Dulci – break out the ice skates! And
    the short sparkly dress so you can twirl pretty!!!

Oh, Ruth- love the pics!!! Man, that Cheryl really
    gets around, doesn't she! Winking 

What are the dates for the California Dreaming tour?

Still
    restricted from doing ANY exercises thanks to my new dx: "anterolisthesis
    at L3/L4"... basically my vertebra is tilted, and pressing into my spinal
    cord. Started acupuncture (and a very strange Traditional Chinese Medicine procedure
    called "Cupping") last week; will go once a week to see how that
    goes. In the meantime, walking short distances is about all I'm allowed to do.
    Let's see... how many steps to the refrigerator from the computer?

Supposed to be in the mid-70s
    next week. I’ll be here, cheering you on, Sisters!!!!

• nihahi
    nihahi Member Posts: 1,068
    edited January 2014

Blessings....I had cupping done to a shoulder that hadn't responded to any conventional treatments or acupuncture. Yes, it seems bizarre, and the first few sessions made my shoulder look like I had been attacked by an octopus....BUT IT REALLY WORKED!!!! Hope you have some good results too!

• ruthbru
    edited January 2014

Here are the dates again:

May 31- a couple of us are flying into Cheryl's at Huntington Beach & will do 'Southern California things' (hopefully including meeting up with some of the Southern Cal BCO ladies from other threads).

June 4- this group will rent a car and do a touring drive up the coast

June 5- meet Natsfan in SF. Badger's mom has graciously offered to let us use her time share at the Wyndham Hotel for our accommodations June 5-8. We will enjoy the sights and sounds of SF and hope to meet up with some of the Northern Cal BCO ladies.

June 8-most of us fly out.  Natsfan's DH will be joining her (and anyone else who might be interested) for some more SF fun & a Nationals-Giants baseball game Monday night (hotel arrangements would need to be made if you decided to extend your stay, Natsfan has a good recommendation for a hotel that is cheap and near the ballpark).

• Warrior_Woman
    Warrior_Woman Member Posts: 819
    edited January 2014

Yea, yea, yea! Today I ran with my dog for the first time since my BMX. I've done many solo runs but I did not know if I could manage yet with her along. We did a 5 mile run and 3 mile walk. I'm glad to have my friend outside with me again!

• ruthbru
    edited January 2014

I'll bet she was at least as glad as you!

• InspiredbyDolce
    edited January 2014

In the news they had a story about a guy who had just completed cancer treatments and he went on vacation, and had a dog sitter. The dog got out, and for 5 days and nights he camped out in his car in the middle of the desert, where his dog was last seen running.  He said he would not abandon his dog, as his dog really helped him through treatment.  Such a special bond we all have with our pets.  I can see your running with your dog, he must have enjoyed that.  Back to story - several volunteers helped in the search when a radio station found out about this.  Dog ran into a neighborhood 7 miles away, and they were reunited.  The dog will make a full recovery. 

Thank you ladies for being here to help me.  I finally did get my exercise in tonight - 90 minutes and 11.15 miles.  Tomorrow is my weekly day off from it.  Yippee.  :o)

• Warrior_Woman
    Warrior_Woman Member Posts: 819
    edited January 2014

Ruthbru - You are correct.  Since early December she has looked at me with sad eyes.  She seemed depressed.  Exercise is good for everyone.  

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited January 2014

20 step reps today.......Dulci - I've got a whole new respect for you and your step reps!

• Dulcigirl
    edited January 2014

Awwww,....shucks! Winking

(You DO realize I can only do 5 at a time, right? I have a piece of paper/pencil on the ledge at the top and keep a tally for each 5 all day. Hoping to work up to more each trip. I started with 3.)

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    edited January 2014

Oh Mary that video was priceless, luckily she's not not that bad but I believe she thinks her name is Morgana No Happy S&S love your diagnosis of your granddogs.  OMG Dulci that ice looks frightening, i shan't tell you that today I washed my car wearing a short sleeved t-shirt, all kidding aside the weather here is gorgeous but I wish it would rain, we sure need it. Blessings I've heard that cupping is weird but it works so hopefully you'll see good results. Marple I did the floors yesterday and boy I could use that emoticon too!!!!!

Today did Body Pump class and a portion of Body Step (didn't want to stay away too long in case of dog boredom but all was okay upon my return) instructor is back after having her baby and I had forgotten what a good instructor she is it's good to have her back.

As I have been typing this, Morgana has found the pine cones in the fireplace and decided they are great chew toys Shocked

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited January 2014

Oh, nihahi - that's EXACTLY what it was like - a giant octopus on my back!!! And the next day I had the most amazing huge purple hickeys all over.... SO glad it worked for you. I know it takes time to regain the "balance of energy".... I've decided I'm brave enough to try it again this coming week.

Thanks for the dates, Ruth... I will check my calendar!

Hey, Cheryl!!!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited January 2014

Mornin' Glories!  Page 600 woo-hoo!  Walked my 2.5 mile route yesterday and also did a round of Chop & Sculpt on some stubborn ice.  Have a good week all.  ♥

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited January 2014

Well it is the new year.Happy New Year everyone.I am determined to drop some lbs this year so I have increased my workouts to 5 days.Just hope my arthritic joints cooperate.Must check in here more often.

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited January 2014

I'm taking today off.  Welcome Mum. 

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited January 2014

Warrior - so glad you were able to get out with your furkid!!  They do miss their exercise and routines when we're recovering.  Inspired - great story about canine loyalty and human loyalty.  There's a nice pet appreciation thread in the "Relationships, Emotional Crises, etc." section called "Comfort Dogs" where we all share our dog and other pet stories.  Cheryl - we had a dog with that same last name - his name was Boomer No.  Happy

Yoga DVD this morning. 

• ruthbru
    edited January 2014

Welcome back, mumito!!!

• Dulcigirl
    edited January 2014

Biked 15 miles inside.

The Voices really did make me do it today. But it took them some convincing as I'm pretty sure I told them to be quiet more than once. Loopy

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited January 2014

60 minute group FAST class early this morning.

• lilacblue
    lilacblue Member Posts: 1,426
    edited January 2014

Rest day yesterday and started this week with a jump.  Sunny six mile run this morning, body balance this afternoon and freestyle step class tonight.