Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Texas

Options

Comments

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160
    edited October 2011
    Options

OK I am so excited- I just finished up the last piece of crap I needed to finish for work and now I am gonna take a big old bath so I don't stink up San Antone! I can't wait to meet you all- we share so much that I would never have thought I could...each and every one of you are in my heart...woo hoo...I am hitting the road at 7am:!

• tedwilliams
    tedwilliams Member Posts: 97
    edited October 2011
    Options

Lunch was wonderful...lots of smiles, laughs and hugs.  Seeng the traveling pants and watching Chrissy sign them was very powerful.  I was unable to go to the missions and Alamo with the crew and can not wait to hear what adventures were had.  

Jana 

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    edited October 2011
    Options

Jana, I got in at 11 pm!!!!!!!!!!!! Well worth it though.  We got in the mission and the alamo, and the river ride, and dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!! whew, gonna sleep in! It was soo good to meet you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• annettek
    edited October 2011
    Options

It was simply magnificent to meet all of you- it was short but well worth the drive in from Houston. We will most definitely meet up again:)

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited October 2011
    Options

Had a great time yesterday and can't believe we all just met because it seems we have known each other our entire lives.  So there are some great things that come out of having BC and yesterday just confirmed how blessed I am to have gotten to know everyone.  Here is a pic of the Gang that made it to SA

Jo, Gina, Annette, Chrissy, Timothea, Janna, Sherry and Timothea's kids.

I tried to get the photo smalled and it just would not get there.

We missed all the rest of you Texas Gals that did not get to make it, but we will have another get together.

• tedwilliams
    tedwilliams Member Posts: 97
    edited October 2011
    Options

Sherry...thanks for posting the photo.....love it!!!  Can't wait to see photos from the rest of the day.  

Jana 

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited October 2011
    Options

Wow!  What a beautiful picture.  Had such a wonderful time - so glad I went.  We all had a fabulous time.  I also have lots of pictures and hope to get them off my camera in the next day or two.

Annette - You are such a hoot - love ya gal.

• texasrose361
    texasrose361 Member Posts: 895
    edited October 2011
    Options

I enjoyed meeting everyone and it was so funny cuz when the gal from the paper called me she made a comment about meeting people whom i had never met before and didnt know- i was like No i KNOW these people, i've heard about their ups and downs fears and joys that they have in their lives- i know these people but just finally got a chance to meet them. I cant wait to read the artical! She said sometime this week it would appear, i will post the link as soon as i read it (if no one beats me to it)

And just a side note- i was a little nervous meeting y'all because i am a few years younger than everyone- but it wasnt a problem at all! We had so much to talk about and not even cancer related stuff too! Oh and my kids were OUT on the way home! Later i will post a pic of my son in his car seat- he slept the 3 hour trip home (i detoured to my dads to pick up some stuff i left over there)

AWESOME TIME GUYS I CAN NOT WAIT TO DO IT AGAIN!!!!!

ps Gina- i will NEVER be able to look at your handle without cracking up LOL ;)

• sagina
    edited October 2011
    Options

I don't mind being comic relief!  and you're not quite young enough to be my daughter, but admittedly close I must say!  It was a joy.  When you add to your FB I'll send you the pics of your kids I took.  I think I capture their personalities on film!  Had a great time meeting you too.  Keep educating the doctors please, no one is too young for breast cancer.

• Sherryc
    edited October 2011
    Options

Timothea it was so great to meet you at last.  And I have to say your kiddo's are adorable.  I'll take them any time.  And yes my kids are older than you but when we were all together Saturnday we have so much in common that age did not seem to matter to any of us.  We are all BC survivors traveling on our journey. I am glad to have all of you on my journey with me.

• jo1955
    edited October 2011
    Options

Timothea - I was such a pleasure meeting you - I could be your mother - I am old enough- Sheesh!  Shame on us - we are closer than we think - we need to get together more often.  We could meet in Falfurrias.  Your kids are adorable - your son is going to break someone's heart when he grows up.

Gina - We all own you a big thank you for being our tour guide and for taking care of Chrissy. 

• supersally
    supersally Member Posts: 158
    edited October 2011
    Options

I'm so glad you all had fun and it is so nice to actually meet each other and connect a warm body with the words of wit and wisdom we see on line.  DFW girls - we need to set up a meet and greet, too!

• annettek
    edited October 2011
    Options

i just love you all. any age ....sally..I might be in Dallas (Grapevine) in November-not sure yet it is for a conference that I am trying to get out of:) But if I go...I will give ya a shout

• texasrose361
    texasrose361 Member Posts: 895
    edited October 2011
    Options

Jo for sure! I am not sure where falfurrias is in comparisson to where i am at LOL but would def love to meet in the middle...

Annette- whenever i head out to Houston i will give ya a hollar! i have been meaning to get to IKEA and both the roundrock and houston ones are pretty much the same distance from me!

• jo1955
    edited October 2011
    Options

Timothea - Falfurrias is straight south of you on 281 - so no turns.  You have to drive right through it if you ever come to the valley.  I can check it out but I do believe you are less than an hour so it would be an easy trip.

• Cathy2
    Cathy2 Member Posts: 40
    edited October 2011
    Options

I just found this group. I thought we had a bunch of ladies from Texas, we are after all a big state!

I live in Forney which is about 27 miles east of Downtown Dallas. Currently undergoing treatment at Baylor and doing great! Love to see and hear from all you Texas gals and hope all are doing well!

• Sherryc
    edited October 2011
    Options

Cathy glad you found the Texas group.  We just had our Texas get together sorry you missed it.  I'm sure we will have another one. Would love to meet you.

• Cathy2
    Cathy2 Member Posts: 40
    edited October 2011
    Options

I saw that...I'm always a day late or a dollar short! I would love to meet next time!

• jo1955
    edited October 2011
    Options

Cathy - So glad you found us.  I was also at the Texas get together in San Antonio and I have to say it was a very memorable trip - so glad I went.  Maybe next time we can meet.

• annettek
    edited October 2011
    Options

just popping in to say HEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAW and welcome Cathy (excuse me as I am a bit obnoxious but am sincere:)

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442
    edited October 2011
    Options

Annettek - if you get into the DFW area let us know, would love a get together with everyone in this area.

by the by, I switch my user name from mjbmiller to walker2222 as that was my number in the Race for the Cure this weekend. 

Forgot the Gaylord would be a good location.

• lollypop59
    lollypop59 Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2011
    Options

hi everybody,

i myself is bristish, going into hospital on wed for op because of reccurrance,  hoping to go to austin in texas next year has my son moves there with his wife in july he said it is a beautiful place.

• supersally
    supersally Member Posts: 158
    edited October 2011
    Options

DFW girls and anyone who wants to travel here:

What about Saturday, November 12th, to get together?  Would a lunch gathering work?  I was thinking Addison/Belt Line/TW as it is somewhat central?  Or we could go west and do the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine?  The previous get together was in San Antonio last month.  Did anyone do the Komen walk last Saturday?  I wanted to walk with Laidley's Ladies, but had too many family commitments.

Barbara

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442
    edited October 2011
    Options

Gaylord sounds fine to me.

I did the race and my # was 2222 hence the picture and name change.

• Chickadee
    Chickadee Member Posts: 469
    edited October 2011
    Options

I am making it a point to wander to more forums here. I'm in Georgetown about 25 miles north of Austin. I'm at a point where I would love to meetup with some folks.

• beccad
    beccad Member Posts: 189
    edited October 2011
    Options

I think a DFW get together would be fun.  I am pretty sure Nov.12 would work for me.  Let me know where and I will be there with bells on, well maybe not with bell, but you get the idea.

Becca

• sagina
    edited October 2011
    Options

Chickadee~ my daughter is rowing in a Regatta on October 29th in Austin.  Not sure exactly where, but if you feel like spending the morning in a lawn chair on the banks of the river chatting, let me know.

Dallas ladies, I would travel to you all in heartbeat!  I have a commitment on November 12th, but when you have another one, I'm in!

• sagina
    edited October 2011
    Options

Lollypop59, come on down!  Texas is beautiful and we'd love to meet you!

• Sherryc
    edited October 2011
    Options

lollypop Austin is beautiful you will love it there and they have great healthcare so you would not have to worry if you need it.

walker you changed your name.  so glad the walk went well.

Would love to meet up in Austin but I have a wedding to attend on Oct 29th

• Chickadee
    Chickadee Member Posts: 469
    edited October 2011
    Options

Sagina,, would love to meet up. Right now I'm working through back problems that make walking very far or without a walker a huge challenge. I'll take a rain check on the riverside though I know it will be lovely.