Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Texas

Options

Comments

• texasrose361
    texasrose361 Member Posts: 895
    edited September 2011
    Options

i will be there tomorrow evening and all day friday- i will PM her to see if she wants to get together

• tedwilliams
    tedwilliams Member Posts: 97
    edited September 2011
    Options

What time is lunch on Sat? Are there plans for Friday?

Jana

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited September 2011
    Options

Jana - I think lunch is at 11:00 at the Spaghetti Warehouse.  I am not sure exactly where it is.  There is also talk about going to the Riverwalk and taking the boat tour and maybe some shopping at RiverCenter Mall.  

Not sure about Friday.  I am driving up from the Rio Grande Valley and will be staying with Sherry in Gonzales.  We will head into SA for lunch. 

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited September 2011
    Options

Timothea that would be great if you could hook up with her tomorrow and Jana maybe you can join them on Friday.

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    edited September 2011
    Options

I sent her a PM  - my parents (my mom is a 13 year survivor) have offered to pick her up and take her to see the missions - that was on her list -

When I asked her what she would like to do, she said she might take a day or so to rest.  She has my phone numbers as well.  I wish I wasn't so crazy busy at work - and I missed a bit last week for a funeral.

• sagina
    edited September 2011
    Options

so for lunch we are: chrissy, jo, sherry, me, timothea, and jana? plus timothea's two children? am I missing anyone?

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160
    edited September 2011
    Options

I am a definite MAYBE:) just don't know if I can make the drive in from Houston- won't know until Friday night or even Saturday morning...I havebeen running around so much etc etc etc...gotta play this by ear at this point:)

• jo1955
    edited September 2011
    Options

Of course we are on for lunch.  Can't wait.  I love Italian.

• Sherryc
    edited September 2011
    Options

I'm excited.

Gina you mention you get a rash.  This could be from rads as well.  My dematologist gave me Kenalog1% and said I could still be getting a rash off and on for years.  Have not had it in several months now but I have that stuff stashed everywhere.  He was smart and wrote the script for 6 small tubes.

• sagina
    edited September 2011
    Options

I only get it when I step into heat???? and it itches like mad!!!!!!!! as soon as I get cooled off it stops.  Yesterday I tried to sit through a high school volleyball game in a gym, ended up having to get ice and rub it on my arms.  The rash is just like an instant sunburn, if that's possible....then it disappears as fast as it comes on.  During our 108 degree temps walking to the car was painful....

• jo1955
    edited September 2011
    Options

Gina - Fromwhat you are describing, you are getting a heat rash.,  Something like a hot flash but with the itching.  You are doing the best thing for it.  San Antonio can not only be hot but very humid and that sucks.  

I am soooooo excited.  Got the car ready to go.  Doing laundry and will pack a few things tonight.  Hope to get out of here by 9:00 - yea right!!

• Sherryc
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hope you all don't mind but Timothea and I talked and I contacted the newspaper about doing a story on Saturday.  One of the free lance writers just called and she wants to do the story.  She cannot be there at 11am but was wondering if she could met up with us somewhere downtown or at Chrissy's hotel.  I have her numbers and I can call her back. In the mean time she is checking out BCO etc and then will interview us.

So excited can't wait.

• jo1955
    edited September 2011
    Options

Sherry - How cool is that???  I am all for it. I am just about packed and ready to go.  With as busy as I have been today, I should sleep really good.  See you tomorrow afternoon.

• Sherryc
    edited September 2011
    Options

Jo I am excited too.  Just got through double checking your room to make sure I had everything put back in place since my kids were here. 

• jo1955
    edited September 2011
    Options

I think I have everything ready.  Just have to get all the junk out of the bathroom in the morning after I take a shower.

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160
    edited September 2011
    Options

it is exciting to think about actually meeting you wonderful women:) I'm gonna get up there by hook or crook dagnabbit...may head up tomorrow night but most likely hit the road early in the am Saturday to make lunch. I can't wait.

• Sherryc
    edited September 2011
    Options

Oh Annette please make it.  I so want to met you.

• sagina
    edited September 2011
    Options

I just talked to Chrissy, she planned on using today as a catch up on rest day and she did just that.  She is going to meet up with Timothea during the day and call me about getting together for dinner.  Jana PM your number if you like.  I might steal her away after that and drive her to a couple of the missions. Turns out we are both stay in the car and take pictures out the window kind of gals!

Can't wait to meet you all! What time is the newspaper person looking  at?

Wouldn't you know we plan to meet on the kick off for October awareness? lol.

• jo1955
    edited September 2011
    Options

Annette - PLEASE, PLEAS show up.  I would love to meet you.

Well,  the car is packed and I am ready to go.  Got finished earlier than I thought I would.  Feels like I am forgetting something but that always seems to happen to me.  If I did and I really need it, I will go buy it.  I am really excited now.  See you this afternoon Sherry. 

• sagina
    edited September 2011
    Options

It's going to be 92 degrees today, and they say it will feel more like 89!!!!!!!!! whoo hooo that's almost winter!

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362
    edited September 2011
    Options

I hope everyone has a wonderful time - I am unable to make it.  I don't post much, but follow the thread.  I am originally from SA but moved to the DFW area in 1999.  Send Chrissyb my well wishes and have a margarita for me on the Riverwalk!

Trish

• sagina
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hi Trish, sorry you can't come this way.  When you all get together in DFW let us know.  I'd love to make the trip.

• texasrose361
    texasrose361 Member Posts: 895
    edited September 2011
    Options

Gina i know! i just got out of my oncologists and my daughter said "this feels like Washington ((state)" it is much more cooler than we have been used to- starting to FINALLY feel like fall!

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442
    edited September 2011
    Options

You gals have fun, make sure you link us to the article when it is out.  So sorry to be missing the fun, have a margarita for me or a glass of zenf.

• Sherryc
    edited September 2011
    Options

Gina the lady from the paper wants to meet about 5pm.  She said it could be downtown somewhere or if we want to meet her at the hotel that would be fine as well.  I thought once we get together I can just call her and let her know where to meet us.  Since the weather will be cooler maybe you can hang all day.

Jo looking forward to this afternoon

• sagina
    edited September 2011
    Options

If I don't get Chrissy to the Missions tonight, maybe after lunch tomorrow we could all do a drive tour to a couple of the missions for her photo opps then head into downtown for the alamo and boat ride?

• tedwilliams
    tedwilliams Member Posts: 97
    edited September 2011
    Options

Looking forward to tomorrow.  

sagina:  just PM'd  you my cell number. 

Jana 

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,116
    edited October 2011
    Options

Wishing you all the best weekend in SA with Chrissy.  Sorry I could't plan on being there - especially as my niece lives there & that would have been an extra bonus.  I'll look forward to your updates & I'll keep trying to remember to "do nothing".

Jan

• beccad
    beccad Member Posts: 189
    edited October 2011
    Options

OK,you South Texas ladies have lots of fun for us. Us DFW area ladies will be there in spirit, and have one for me too.

• edyem
    edyem Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2011
    Options

I just found this thread. I live in Austin and I'm so excited it's finally getting cooler.  

Those of you going to meet up with ChrissyB, please giver her a hug for me. When I was going through the whole long diagnosis period there were some indications that it may have spread to my lungs and Chrissy was the first to respond to my post. Luckily, it turned out okay just as she told me it would.  I would love to be there, but I just had AC #4 yesterday and I'm simply not up to it even though I'm not that far away.

Enjoy the time together.  Thank goodness the weather is cooperating!

edye