Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Texas

Options

Comments

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    edited October 2011
    Options

I understand.  Feel better soon.  it should be a law that when we get breast cancer no other health problems are allowed! lol.

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160
    edited October 2011
    Options

Hi all- ok I have my dates for the dallas conference I have to attend- I will be in town (Grapevine) at the Gaylord from Nov 6-9-I don't know if that works for you all, but regardless, would love to hook up. I fly in around 1 and after check-in getting together Sunday afternoon-evening would be great. Let me know:) It would be great to meet!!!!

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160
    edited November 2011
    Options

I will be up in Dallas as I said above Nov 6-9-gimme a holler if anyone wants to meet up-

thanks

AK

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442
    edited November 2011
    Options

Annettek - would love to meet up with you.  The Gaylord would be a great spot to meet.  I will PM you with my #.

Jessie

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,119
    edited January 2012
    Options

Bumping for Jo & Tracie

• minustwo
    edited January 2012
    Options

Bumping again.  I'm still wondering where everyone has gone after Chrissy's visit. 

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited January 2012
    Options

Minus Two I am still here.  Been busy on some of the other threads

• minustwo
    edited January 2012
    Options

Sherry:  Me too.  On another thread, Jo said she'd re-ad to her favorites if I'd bump.   Sent a message to Annette too.  I missed the lunch with Chrissy so just keeping in touch until the next get-together.  Jan

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited January 2012
    Options

I'm back!  Let's see if we can really keep this thread going.

Hugs 

• sagina
    edited January 2012
    Options

I'm in! I have it set on my favorites.  Miss you girls.  So was Chrissy's "I'm going to Puerta Rico for 5 months" on facebok one of those email jokes....with her, I thought it just might be true....

• Sherryc
    edited January 2012
    Options

Gina not sure but I say it as well.  I thought wow get her out of Australia once and now she is going to keep going around the world

• jo1955
    edited January 2012
    Options

I have seen a lot of new names on the Tammi thread and a few others.  We need to let them down about our Texas thread.

• Teakay
    Teakay Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2012
    Options

Hi! I am from San Antonio! I was diagnosed Sept. 30. 2011. Had a BMX, and only two more chemo treatments left. I will be done Feb. 20th if all goes as planned. I am stage two. 1.8 cm, grade 1, 2/17 nodes. ER+/PR-/Her- Ki67 6%. After I am done I will be meeting with RO to see if radiation will be of benefit to me! Then Zometa to keep recurrance to bones and Hormone therapy. It is good to met ya'll.

• Sherryc
    edited January 2012
    Options

TeaKay welcome you are not far from me.  I live in gonzales only an hour from SA.  Some of my Dr's are there.  Had lump and rads and hated it.  I am on Tamoxifen and will be starting Zometa in Feb and having a BMX with TE's in March.  Dr. LeDeaux with PRMA is going to do my MX with reconstruction.  It's nice to meet you

• mommarch
    mommarch Member Posts: 534
    edited January 2012
    Options

Hi, have not been on this thread for awhile.  I am still in Fort Davis, TX,.  Finished up my Chemo on Dec. 1.  They started me on Anastrazole, and it all but drove me crazy, got off that and started a new med on Jan. 17th.  Have taken 4 pills and so far so good.  Have some pain in  my arms especially at night, but a codine helps that and I get to sleep.  If anyone ever gets out to Fort Davis, we own the Broom and walking stick shop in town.  Please stop and say Hi.

• Teakay
    edited January 2012
    Options

Sherry-

Nice to meet you too! I haven't heard of Dr. LeDeaux..is he here in SA?? I chose to have no reconstruction and completely happy with that decision. I am allergic to EVERYTHING...(mountain cedar is driving me crazy and being on chemo and no nose hairs or eyelashes is making it miserable) and I didn't want to chance that I would have trouble later on down the line. My oncologist is Dr. Sharon Wilkes...

Is Gonzales up there by the comal river?? During the summer we always go tubiing there!!! 

:))

• Sherryc
    edited January 2012
    Options

TeaKay we are on the Guadalupe River. We are East of SA turn at Buccee's and go 12 miles south.  I hear Dr. Wilks is awesome.  sagina uses her as well.  Dr. LeDeaux is with PRMA there are 6 PS in the group and they are awesome.  They do alot of DIEP which is using your own belly fat for the reconstruction but I am too thin for that so I am going to have TE's with implants. 

• Teakay
    edited January 2012
    Options

Sherry--Ok, I know where you are at!!!

Sounds like you are in good hands!!!! Best wishes!!! :)

I just can't wait to have chemo over with!! Sharon is awesome...it seems like everyone I have run into from SA goes to her!! Sort of helps hearing that..like I am getting the best that I can get! I think that we need all the reassurence that we can get!!! 

• sagina
    edited January 2012
    Options

Hi Teakay, I'm in SA too! and a Wilks girl!  Not only is she awesome but the infusion nurses there are fabulous too! I was treated by Dr. Gagnon with radiation.  Everything went very well.  I had a debatable size tumor somewhere between 4-7 cm, I had a biopsy first before seeing a  surgeon or Wilks, so I was real swollen with lots of blood after the biopsy by the radiologist.  I am triple neg, so no meds for me.  I also went to the nutritionist there...she recommended easing into a vegan diet, I jumped two feet whole head! I just started to incorporate fish back in.  

If you ever want to meet, let me know.  PM your info and we can go from there. I had the privilege of meeting Sherryc, Jo, Timothea, Annette, and Jana all from the boards and all from Texas.   

• jo1955
    edited January 2012
    Options

Hi Teakay - Glad to meet you.  I am in deep South Texas close to Brownsville.    Like Gina said, I did have the privilege of meeting some wonderful gals last Aug.  What a good time we had.  Perhaps we can do something this year.   You can send me a PM anytime you like.

• Teakay
    edited January 2012
    Options

Hi Sagina! YES!! I so agree, the infusion nurses are gems!!! I am not sure who my RO will be as I have to finish chemo, and then meet up with the RO to see if he thinks rads will be of benefit to me.

I am almost triple neg as my ER was only 6% but Dr. Wilks thinks hormone therapy will help, even at that low of a percentage. I used to eat all vegan, but stopped,..perhaps I should get back to it!!!

Maybe when I get through chemo in another month  Feb. 20th will be my last..we can meet up!!! That would be awesome. I feel so isolated and alone going through this!!!

• Teakay
    edited January 2012
    Options

Hi Jo!!!!! Nice to meet you!!!

I know where you live...when we went to South Padre Island we took a tour through Brownsville!! Lovely place to live!! 

• jo1955
    edited January 2012
    Options

I am actually between Harlingen and McAllen in the City of Donna.

• tracie23
    tracie23 Member Posts: 214
    edited January 2012
    Options

Is anyone is spring texas, houston , woodlands etc...

• minustwo
    edited January 2012
    Options

Tracie23:  I'm in Houston.  BMX at Methodist hospital w/2 SNB on each side.  My one year anniversary is coming up - 2/15/11.  Reconstruction with 410 gummies 9/13/11.   Fortunately didn't have to endure chemo or rads, but still working on the "new normal".

• tracie23
    tracie23 Member Posts: 214
    edited January 2012
    Options

MinusTwo, where do you live in houston?

• sagina
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Teakay~ if you're feeling isolated and alone through this, then perhaps we need meet before you are done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You say when and where and I will be there.  I get off work at 5 on weekdays and I'm off on weekends.  I do church noonish on Sundays, but other than that, I can meet with you.  

I'm going to PM you my phone number.  Call me if you need to or want to, anytime. 
  • Ceeztheday
    Ceeztheday Member Posts: 246
    edited January 2012
    Options

Hi ladies, I'm on South Padre Island and I'd love to join your group.

• Sherryc
    edited January 2012
    Options

This is making me want to have another get together

• Sherryc
    edited January 2012
    Options

Teakay and Gina-I will be in SA next wed the 25th.  I have a Dr's appt at 11am and could meet you guys for lunch somewhere if that works with your schedules.  If you guys are interested PM me.  My appt is out at the Stone Oak Area.