Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Texas

Options

Comments

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    edited September 2011
    Options

Pscheer1~ can you drive in SA for Oct 1?  Lunch at Spaghetti warehouse 11 ish?

Sherry and Jo, is Crissy ok with lunch on Saturday?

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited September 2011
    Options

I will send Chrissy a PM - hope she is checking in every once in a while and will get back with you.  

• jo1955
    edited September 2011
    Options

Sent Chrissy a PM and got a message back - Spaghetti Warehouse is perfect.  She will need an address - she plans on taking a taxi to the resturant.

• sagina
    edited September 2011
    Options

Jo, I can pick her up.  I have room for four more in my car.  The taxi is probably 30 or 40 dollars.

• jo1955
    edited September 2011
    Options

I beleive she is staying at the Holiday Inn Airport.  Not sure - I have that info at my office.  You could also send her a PM and let her know that as well - then you two could make those arrangements.  You are looking for Chrissyb.  Thanks so much for all you are doing to get this set up.

• texasrose361
    texasrose361 Member Posts: 895
    edited September 2011
    Options

I dont think my husband is gonna be able to take the time off to come cuz he works weekends.

Okay so lunch is a definite, what are the plans for friday night? riverwalk? or something? Not sure. I am staying with family in the area so i would love to make a weekend of it!

• sagina
    edited September 2011
    Options

Timothea, are you looking for something to do Friday evening with kids or without?  Doesn't matter to me at all, just asking so you can plan accordingly. 

• texasrose361
    edited September 2011
    Options

Probably with kids- i dont really like to leave them with anyone (even family).

• sagina
    edited September 2011
    Options

Not a problem, that way I can steer you in the right direction.  I'm not sure how many others are coming in on Friday evening, but we can figure something out for sure.  There are kid places, pizza places, Joe's crab shack with a play area, riverwalk has a Rainforest Cafe (usually with a long wait), there's the Tower of the America's (kiddo's might be too small to like that though).  I'll check the community calender, in the "fall" here there is sometimes movies in the park at Hemisphere.  I'll start looking.  So gald you are coming in!

• MariannaLaFrance
    MariannaLaFrance Member Posts: 166
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hi Ladies, 

Another Texan here, living in Dallas. I just found this thread, believe it or not! Your SA get together sounds like a lot of fun.  Did the Addison get together ever happen? There were so many posts that I decided to skip ahead to the end.  I was treated at Presby Dallas, though I visited with Baylor before my final treatment. I'm about 1.5 year out from treatment --lumpectomy and rads. 

• sagina
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hi Marianna! Chrissyb is headed here from Australia, so it seemed the perfect time to get together - I followed Sherry C and Jo to this thread - they have been the masterminds for Oct 1st.  Hope you can make it in!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited September 2011
    Options

Jo let me know for sure where ChrissyB is going to be staying.  Annette is going to SA on Friday and I can let her know what hotel Chrissy will be staying at.

marianna glad you found this thread and hope you can make Oct 1st. in San Antonio

• Sherryc
    edited September 2011
    Options

Texas Rose are you going to have the Traveling pants with you?

• jo1955
    edited September 2011
    Options

Sagina,

Chrissy is staying at the Holiday Inn SA Airport.  

Address is:  77 NE Loop 410

She checks in on Wed, Oct 28th and checks out Sunday, Oct 2nd

Phone number is - 210-349-9900.

• ango74
    ango74 Member Posts: 31
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hi Ladies,

I didn't realize there was a Texas forum.  I'm Angie from Fort Worth.  Who's ready for fall???lol.

• Sherryc
    edited September 2011
    Options

Angie welcome to the thread and I am def ready for fall.  This not summer kick my A$$ I am ready for cooler weather.  Will you be able to join us Oct 1st for a get together in San Antonio?  Would love to have you.

• jo1955
    edited September 2011
    Options

Welcome Angie - I am sooo ready foe fall.  I live way down in the Rio Grande Valley and we have not had any rain in such a long time - the weather has been soo hot this year.

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442
    edited September 2011
    Options

Marianna nothing that I know of came about in Addison unless I snoozed and missed it.  We could get together the same time the SA group does and call each other.

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362
    edited September 2011
    Options

That would work - you could Skype the call.......

Trish

• ango74
    ango74 Member Posts: 31
    edited September 2011
    Options

I didn't know that there was a get together but sounds like fun. I would love to.

• livinglarge
    livinglarge Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2011
    Options

I just saw the end of this thread.  I am in Dallas (well outside in suburbs).  I didn't know about the Addison get together, but see a few more north Texans so we might be able to make a go of it.

Anyone running in the Denton 5k on 9/25 or the 3 Day in Nov? 

• jo1955
    edited September 2011
    Options

It would be so awesome if we had a large group in San Antonio.  This is going to be so fun.  

• texasrose361
    edited September 2011
    Options

YES i will be bringing the pants with me!!!!

I actually scheduled an appointment for friday evening with a nutritionist because i knew i'd be in town. Cant wait! I love joes crab shack- prefer the quarry location. I am not sure how long my appointment will be Fri so not sure of the details!

• texasrose361
    edited September 2011
    Options

jo i am with you on that one! everything is so dry- its lookin crispy out here!

• sagina
    edited September 2011
    Options

It's raining on some parts of San Antonio, my part! yeah! Hope the water spreads its wing over all of Texas!

• Sherryc
    edited September 2011
    Options

Gina I am jealous. Hope it rains here!!!

• texasrose361
    edited September 2011
    Options

it rained here yesterday too! kids loved it!

• Sherryc
    edited September 2011
    Options

It spinkled yesterday but rained really good early this morning.

• jo1955
    edited September 2011
    Options
    texasrose & Sherry - Rain?  Really - what is that?  Seems the rain dies out before it reaches the valley. Frown
  • Sherryc
    edited September 2011
    Options

Jo it is this wonderful gold liquid that falls from the sky