Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

Texas

Options

Comments

• formyloves
    formyloves Member Posts: 11
    edited February 2012
    Options

I did not know there was a Texas group. How exciting!? I'm at fort hood right now originally from the Greenville area. (east of Dallas) nice to meet you all.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited February 2012
    Options

Welcome Jendon.  This is a great group.  Some of met in San Antonio last year and spent a wonderful day together.  Lots of lasting memories.  The trip was priceless.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited February 2012
    Options

Hi all you Texas girls!!!!!   Just throwing my hat in the door to say I hope you enjoy your get together as much as I enjoyed the one last year!

Love n hugs all!!!  Chrissy

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited February 2012
    Options

Chrissy we miss you.  Hope all is going well for you.

Welcome Jendon maybe we will get to met in person.

Gina, I am having surgery march 26th so if we could make it mid to late April that would be better for me. I know Jo i planning on surgery I think in April so maybe right before her surgery. How exciting to all get together again and meet some new people.

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    edited February 2012
    Options

The month doesn't matter to me to much, just depends on what we want to do. Hanging out in a resturant talking, or sight seeing....we can work around the weather and when you both feel up to it.  Everything is air conditioned here! So we're good.

Chrissy B - I miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• sagina
    edited February 2012
    Options

Opps ~ Welcome Jendon!

• tracie23
    tracie23 Member Posts: 214
    edited February 2012
    Options

I think the riverwalk is a great place to meet... we can call ahead to a resturant and have lunch go shop or just sit and talk all day long....

• formyloves
    formyloves Member Posts: 11
    edited February 2012
    Options

Thanks for the welcome.

• sagina
    edited February 2012
    Options

Agreed, riverwalk or street level downtown, tons to choose from, moderate price to expensive to no way in hell I'll pay that much.....lol.  We have them all. 

• Sherryc
    edited March 2012
    Options

HAPPY TEXAS INDEPENDANCE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  they gave us off work today, woohoo

• jo1955
    edited March 2012
    Options

SHerry - NICE!  Hope you enjoy your long weekend.

• 1openheart
    1openheart Member Posts: 250
    edited March 2012
    Options

Anybody grow up in Houston and remember having a school holiday for "Go Texan Day" on March 2?

• sagina
    edited March 2012
    Options

openheart~I'm San Antonio born and raised. But we had the Battle of San Jacinto day! AKA Battle of the Flowers parade day during Fiesta....which is coming up very very soon. If anyone is heading this way for the 14 day party let me know. 

• iswimibikeirun
    iswimibikeirun Member Posts: 469
    edited March 2012
    Options

Just found this thread.  I'm in Houston.  I remember getting Battle of Flowers off when I worked in SA.

• sagina
    edited March 2012
    Options

Hi iswimbikeirun! Welcome.  What part of treatment are you in?

• iswimibikeirun
    edited March 2012
    Options

Hi, Gina,

I'm scheduled to have my BMX & DIEP on the 19th.  I didn't have clean margins after the lumpectomy at the end of January.  Supposedly, after the surgery, I won't need chemo or rads.

• Sherryc
    edited March 2012
    Options

iswimibikeirun-welcome to the Texas thread, I know you from the March MX thread. 

• Flintviolet
    Flintviolet Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2012
    Options

I just found the thread too...I am in the Dallas area...I will look back through to see where everyone is from!

iswimibikeirun:good luck on your upcoming bmx and diep.  Sounds familar: I had a lumpectomy in Nov 2011 and didn't have clear margins went back in for double MX Dec 8 (TE alone...didn't have enough from stomach so THEY said (!) and didn't want to lose my lats ( I am a personal trainer, groupX instructor). I take it you do triathalons? 

• iswimibikeirun
    edited March 2012
    Options

Flintviolet--

Thanks!  I used to do lots of tris.  More recently I coached beginning women.  Now, mostly I officiate them and long distance run.  So, that's why I want the DIEP and a prophylactic right MX . . . I don't want to take time off from training to recover a second time!  I guess in a way you're "lucky" that you didn't have enough stomach for DIEP.  "Fortunately" I was much heavier before I started running, so I have nice, extra stretchy skin!

My biggest problem is that I actually don't think of my self as very active (as compared to my friends).  Hoping I'll be cleared to ride on the back of a motorcycle by the end of April and will feel up to officiating at Ironman Texas in May!

• jo1955
    edited March 2012
    Options

Welcome iswinibikeirun & Flintviolet to the Texas thread.  I am way down in deep south Texas - in Donna which is 50 miles north & west of Brownsville.  Close to the Mexican border.

• Flintviolet
    Flintviolet Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2012
    Options

Thanks jo1955...glad to join in with others from the lone star state! I gather from reading that occasional get togethers are planned?

Iswimibikeirun: that is great! I wish you all the best for getting cleared for that motorcycle trip and TX ironman :-)!!

• jo1955
    edited March 2012
    Options

Flintviolet - There were 7 of us that got together last August.  ChrissyB from Austrailia was in the states for 6 weeks and one of her stops was in San Antonio.  What a memorable weekend.  i have the honor and pleasure to stay with SherryC.  She has a very beautiful home which was built in 1866 (I think that is the correct date).  There are some rumblings about maybe doing something again this year.

• Stacie
    Stacie Member Posts: 25
    edited March 2012
    Options

I am in Arlington Texas

• sagina
    edited March 2012
    Options

Hi Stacie there are Dallas/Ft. Worth ladies on this thread too. Can't help but notice your dx date...but know we understand.  What ever you want to ask, you'll find honest experiences here.

• PJB
    PJB Member Posts: 150
    edited March 2012
    Options

Hi, just saw this thread. I'm up in Waco. Good to meet you all. 

Paula 

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,153
    edited March 2012
    Options

Hot dog.  Now we've got the Texas ladies coming in.  This is exciting.

• jo1955
    edited March 2012
    Options

Hi PJB - Welcome to the Texas thread.

• txmomof2
    txmomof2 Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2012
    Options

Hi!  I just found this thread.  I'm from the Mid-Cities area, between Dallas and Fort Worth.  I'm having BMX with TE on March 23rd.  It's nice to see fellow Texans!

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362
    edited March 2012
    Options

txmomof2,

I'm in Hurst!   Sorry to meet you here.  Who are your doctors?  I loved mine.

Glad this thread is moving again!

Trish

• txmomof2
    txmomof2 Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2012
    Options

Hi prayrv!  I'm in Euless!  My BS is Dr. Mary Brian and my PS is Dr. Jonathan Heistein.  Surgery is at Harris Methodist Southlake.  Who were yours?  What did you have done?

Stacie - who are your doctors?