Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Texas

Options

Comments

• yellowrose
    yellowrose Member Posts: 181
    edited July 2010
    Options

Hello from  a Central Texan with the prerequisite drawl.

Heard that College Station and Houston had more snow than the Panhandle.  Gotta love that Texas weather, where if you don't like it, just wait a minute and it will change!

• Jenniferz
    Jenniferz Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2009
    Options

Hey Everyone! Wishing you the best in 2010!! It's raining AGAIN in se Texas, but I made a promise that I wouldn't complain about the rain, soooooooooooooooo, I'm not!! Well, maybe a little!

Happy New Year!

Jennifer

• Sherri_V
    Sherri_V Member Posts: 35
    edited December 2009
    Options

I'm in far north Texas, near Gainesville. 

We are having snow today!  Big, fluffy white balls of snow!

• JewelTXakaLinda
    JewelTXakaLinda Member Posts: 27
    edited January 2010
    Options

Howdy Texas ladies!! I am in Austin.  Was dx in Dec. 2003 and did surg and chemo and rads in 2004. I go to the chat room here every now and then but just found you here.  I have been wondering where all the Texas Ladies hung out.  Now I know.  It is getting cold in Austin and will be getting colder later this week.  I have met a few ladies from the chat room that live in Houston area.. as I go there to visit my parents who are in their 80's every 4 to 6 weeks.  Would love to meet up for lunch sometime.  I also go to Big D every now and then to visit step daughters and grand kids.

• yellowrose
    edited July 2010
    Options

I'm thinking that it's time for a Texas paint the state get together.  We need a place and a date?  Hopefully before or after it gets hotter than the hinges of you know where..any thoughts?  Houston, Big D, Austin, Amarillo?

• swest
    swest Member Posts: 140
    edited February 2010
    Options

My vote is for Austin!

• yellowrose
    edited July 2010
    Options

O.K. now that the super bowl is decided, maybe the Texas folks are hankering for a party?  Swest votes for Austin, how about you?

• Myrnac
    Myrnac Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2010
    Options

Hello Tx Girls!!

Im in South Tx. Rio Grande Valley.. DX: 9/2009, Stage II. Grade 3, 0/4 Nodes

• yellowrose
    edited February 2010
    Options

Hi Myrnac!  How are things in the valley? 

• Myrnac
    Myrnac Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2010
    Options

Hi Yellowrose! kinda of cold but good..

• Janina
    Janina Member Posts: 23
    edited February 2010
    Options

I live in Beaumont, Texas.  I would love to have a get-together.  There are several fun places we could do this.  I know these 3 cities are central to most...and all 3 have plenty to do.

San Antonio-RiverWalk

Austin-?

Houston-?

If everyone gives there input, we could plan something months in advance so everyone can make acommadations.

• mommy2two
    mommy2two Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2010
    Options

Hi TX Ladies!  When I woke up this morning, I wasn't sure I was still in Texas....12 inches of snow.  My kids are loving it!  Austin gets my vote!

• yellowrose
    edited July 2010
    Options

Just a few flakes of snow on Friday but it sure is cold right now.  Brrr!

Austin or San Antonio sounds great.  I enjoy visiting Houston but HATE the traffic, ditto for Dallas. 

Anybody else enjoy taking advantage of Amtrak to avoid the traffic?  Cheap and uncomplicated (unlike traveling by air!).  I don't have to worry about getting wanded AND the seats so much more comfortable than the airlines!

• kcshreve
    kcshreve Member Posts: 349
    edited March 2010
    Options

I just found this line.  I'm in Allen, north of Dallas, south of McKinney.  Glad to meet y'all.  - KC

• txstardust
    txstardust Member Posts: 180
    edited March 2010
    Options

Haven't seen this thread for a while - what happened to the idea for a get-together?  I know it's hard to get everyone motivated.  I'd be happy to help plan something in San Antonio.

I'm going up to San Marcos on Saturday - I'm going skydiving!

Peace to all,

Shelby 

• Sherri_V
    Sherri_V Member Posts: 35
    edited March 2010
    Options

KC,

I'm fairly close to you...about an hour north, near Gainesville.  I own a scrapbook store in Whitesboro :)

Sherri

• Kimmie4
    Kimmie4 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2010
    Options

Hello from Tyler, TX. I'm new to the site but lucked out to find other Texas roses here!

• txstardust
    edited March 2010
    Options

welcome, kimmie!

• Jenniferz
    Jenniferz Member Posts: 25
    edited March 2010
    Options

Seriously???? It's the first day of Spring, and it's going to freeze tonight and tomorrow!!! Just when all plants are budding, too! Darn. But as all of us know, all we have to do is wait a moment...it will change!

Jennifer

• txstardust
    edited March 2010
    Options

You were right, Jennifer - got up in the 80's here yesterday!  And I went skydiving in San Marcos...woohoo!

• katymom
    katymom Member Posts: 73
    edited April 2010
    Options

I'm in the west Houston area....would love to hear from local gals......this website gave me so much support during the last 3 years! 

• Bambaloos
    Bambaloos Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2010
    Options

I just stumbled upton this thread - I live in Austin but getting my primary care at MD Anderson in Houston and my chemo treatments in Austin.  I have #12 Taxol treatment tomorrow morning (the last one!) then I am off to Houston for a battery of test on Tuesday and an appointment on Wednesday with my Onc to find out what the next course of action will be, (there was some talk of AC or FAC for 4 doses).  I am anxious to get the test results - I hope they are all good!!!

Sending healing thoughts to all of you Ladies Kiss

• yellowrose
    edited July 2010
    Options

Yup, we still need to have that Texas party.  Seems like there are many of us in the Central Texas area (or Hill Country)  surely we could figure out a great place to meet.  Austin is a quirky fun place.  Any other suggestions?

BTW txstardust, I've been wanting to skydive ( it's on the bucket list)  What was it like? 

• yellowrose
    edited July 2010
    Options

Anybody out there headed to the Plano Komen race on the 12th? 

• ChellebelleEG
    ChellebelleEG Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    Options

My Mom is at Methodist in Houston recovering from Double Masectomy she got on Tuesday. I will be there next week. I am scared. I hope in this journey she decides to get support from you ladies. I am really scared.

• Bambaloos
    Bambaloos Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2010
    Options

Chellebelle - I hope you Mom makes a full recovery and I am so sorry you all find yourselves battling this disease.  You have come to the right place for support, advice and lots of love from all these amazing Ladies.  I am sending healing thoughts and lots of prayers for your Mom.

• sewescape
    sewescape Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2010
    Options

I live in Colorado, but my husband has been living in Irving for the last year and I visit him there. I joke he lives there and visits me, really confuses people that we live in different states. Texas has the most amazing wildflowers I have ever seen in my life, breathtaking! Y'all have a beautiful state from what I have seen so far.

• friscosmom
    friscosmom Member Posts: 15
    edited June 2010
    Options

Hi Texas ladies, just found this thread. I'm in the Houston area, north of Houston about 35 miles. Would love to meet other Texas ladies and location doesn't matter to me.

About me. I'm 43, diaganosed in November 2009 at age of 42 with IDC, stage 2a, grade 2, 1 positive lymph node, ER/PR +, HER2 - . Had a lumpectomy in December 09, just finished my last chemo today and will start radiations in July. I am married and have two grown sons, 23 and 21. I live in a rural area on 10 acres with hubby and a mass of animals (dogs, cats, horses, chickens). I work full time and have managed to keep working through chemo, though it was hard at times. In addition to staying busy with work I try to ride my horses as often as possible still and spend time volunteering and fostering horses for a couple of horse rescue groups. I was born in NY but have lived in Texas for the last 25 years, I've lived in Texas now longer than I did NY. :)

Glad I found you all and look forward to meeting other Texas ladies.

• KristyAnn
    KristyAnn Member Posts: 131
    edited June 2010
    Options

Lindale/Tyler area here!

I am post chemo and post rads, in the neratinib clinical trial now- I will be going to Charleston in August for bilateral DIEP

Kristy

• friscosmom
    friscosmom Member Posts: 15
    edited June 2010
    Options

rockinr - glad to meet another horse lover. :) Hope you are able to get back involved with them again, they are a very peaceful, calming influence and they have helped me though this whole process, even if it was just going to the barn and burying my face in a mane and getting a horse hug. :) They give me purpose, all the animals do.

Glad to hear radiation was a breeze, everyone keeps telling me it's so much easier than the chemo and I'm hoping that's the case for me as well. What area of Texas are you in and how long has it been since you finished your treatments?