Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Texas

Options

Comments

• TexasKaren
    TexasKaren Member Posts: 151
    edited August 2011
    Options

mjbmiller:   I went to Baylor (Sammons Cancer Center) a while back.... and I have a huge meeting of my medical society (I work for all the Ob/Gyn's in the state of Texas!) in Plano in October.... I'll be over there for 4 days; maybe we, and anyone else from the area, can hook up for a little meet and greet!  Would be fun!

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hi Vickie ~ I don't know if it's in the water here in San Antonio but 8 women on my block have had BS in the last two years, and a 3 year old with lukemia....there's about 25 houses on my block....

• virokie
    virokie Member Posts: 63
    edited August 2011
    Options

Whoa, those aren't good odds.  I don't even know what to think about that.  I hope I was just kidding about the water, really not that funny.

• NormaJean65
    NormaJean65 Member Posts: 173
    edited August 2011
    Options

Jo and Sherryc........

Thanks for the congrats on the last chemo (Herceptin).  Can't remember if I posted about the blood clot in the left jugular vein due to the port which stopped working & had to be removed, so last chemo given IV in arm. 

I have been AOL b/c we (DH, DD, DG and self) left for the Smokies Mtns. and got back midnight Friday.  Almost a 1000 miles from here.  Great time had by all. 

As for being done, I don't think this will ever end as today it's off to the BS to remove the sutures from the port being pulled, tomorrow off to the GYN for transvaginal US for baseline since I am now on Tamo, and Weds. back to the Onco to have blood levels checked b/c of the Coumadin I am now on for at least three mons.  If all of this isn't enough to "frost the cake" I got stung by a huge bee on my left neck while on vacation !!   Geeeez...........enough already !!!!

Hope everyone is surviving this nasty heat.  That can stop anytime !!!!

• Sagita
    Sagita Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2011
    Options

Mabuhay ladies!!! 

Proud to be living in Texas! :0)

Hope u all won't mind joining u.  Living in TX for 6 1/2 yrs!!! I live in Mont Belviue area. Dealing with my battle for almost 7 months now and about to start my chemo this month ( Aug.)

Hope everyone is doing great!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited August 2011
    Options

Welcome sagita,  Where did you live before coming to Texas?  I hope you can make our Texas get together on Oct 1 in San Antonio, would like to meet you.

NormaJean yikes on the bee sting.  Did he really have to do that after everything else??? Sounds like you had a great trip otherwise

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited August 2011
    Options

Got back a little while ago from my 4 day convention in San Antonio.  We had a great time and was able to see friends.  Had a great meal on Saturday on the Riverwalk with DH.  

Welcome Sagita - Hope you can join us Oct 1st for a good old Texas get together.

NormaJean - A bee sting?  What a bummer - hope you are okay and at least you had a good time.

• sagina
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hi everyone.  Welcome sagita ~ I'm sagina ( san antonio and gina) lol.  Norma Jean I had my port out three weeks ago and went for a Doppler ultrasound - I'm having weird swelling in my neck and clavical on the port side not the BC side....they couldn't find a blood clot or swollen anything....no news is good news?  I finished chemo in Feb 11 so my port removal was routine and in office.....

• NormaJean65
    NormaJean65 Member Posts: 173
    edited August 2011
    Options

sagina

Sounds much like the symptoms I experienced with the exception of the involvement of the upper inside of the arm.  Glad your Venous Doppler was clear but what does the doc say......any other ideas about what is going on??

• sagina
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hi Norma Jean.  Everyone's face looks perplexed when they see the swelling, but I'm just getting let's watch it.  It seems to come on later in the day and feels like fatty tissue.  I"m just glad I'm not imagining it, I can feel the swelling when it comes on, it just feels weird.

• mommarch
    mommarch Member Posts: 534
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hi Karen,

I live in Fort Davis.  200 miles east of El Paso, and 200 miles south west of Odessa.  We go through SW when we go to Iowa to see my Mom.  Have stayed there once or twice. 

• sagina
    edited August 2011
    Options

Mommarch~ love the quote!  I'm going to post on my FB page....

• txstardust
    txstardust Member Posts: 180
    edited August 2011
    Options

HI all, it's good to see that plans are moving along for the get-together!  I'm an SA resident, so I'm gonna do my darndest to get there.  Having just started a new job just a couple of weeks ago, it's hard for me to plan too far ahead, because I'm never sure how much time I'll have available on the weekends.

Glad to see everyone! 

• sagina
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hi Txstardust! I'm right here too! Nice to meet you.

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442
    edited August 2011
    Options

TexasKaren - just let me know the dates you are in Plano so we can set up a meeting.

You girls have fun in SA.

• jo1955
    edited August 2011
    Options

txstardust - Welcome - hope you can join us on Oct 1st.  We are going to have a fun day in the Alamo City.

• texasrose361
    texasrose361 Member Posts: 895
    edited August 2011
    Options

i'm not too far from SA and would love to join y'all!

• Sherryc
    edited August 2011
    Options

Texasrose would love to have you join us it will be so much fun

• jo1955
    edited August 2011
    Options

Texasrose - I will be driving right past you on my way to San Antonio.  Please do join us.

Sherry and I will keep everyone updated. 

• Sherryc
    edited August 2011
    Options

bumping for Theresa

• TheresaCC
    TheresaCC Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    Options

Got it, thanks Sherry!

Hi all, my name is Theresa and I'm from Corpus Christi. I'll be having bilateral mx and DIEP flap on August 31st. Don't know yet if I'll be "recovered" enough to join you all on October 1st but I will try! :)

• Sherryc
    edited August 2011
    Options

theresa glad you found us.  Where do you live in Corpus, like I said I lived in Rockport for many years.  Still have alot of good friends there.  Went to Corpus for shopping and Dr's.

• jo1955
    edited August 2011
    Options

Welcome Theresa and glad you found us.  I live 3 hours south of you in the Rio Grande Valley.  Hope you can join us in San Antonio.

• virokie
    virokie Member Posts: 63
    edited August 2011
    Options

Welcome Theresa,

Wow lot's of stuff coming up for you, wishing you a fast recovery. 

Vickie

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442
    edited August 2011
    Options

Welcome Theresa Hugs and prayers for great recovery. 

• sagina
    edited August 2011
    Options

Sure hope the weather finds some compassion soon! 110 in San Antonio, I can't remember that happening in the last decade here....maybe longer?  So hopefully we cool off enough to enjoy some of the sights when we all get together!  Hope you are all hanging in there and staying cool.

• jo1955
    edited August 2011
    Options

Gina - It was 104 here in the Rio Grande Valley.  I also hope the weather cooperates when we come to San Antonio.

• Sherryc
    edited August 2011
    Options

gina I hate this hot weather.  We took family pics outside yesterday and waited until 7 oclock because it has been too darn hot.  I am ready for some cool fronts to blow this hot weather out.

• supersally
    supersally Member Posts: 158
    edited August 2011
    Options

Yes, let's plan a meet up in north TX/Plano in September, there are *unfortunately* plenty of us here. What are the dates? Is Addison a good location?

• Sherryc
    edited August 2011
    Options

Supersally Chrissy B from Australia will be in San Antonio and we are going to have a get together on Sat. Oct 1st.  We will be meeting somewhere downtown SAgina is getting that together for us.  Would love to have you join us if you want to.  It will be fun to meet others from the boards.