Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Texas

Comments

• onvacation
    onvacation Member Posts: 521
    edited April 2012

I work, but if you do lunch around the Galleria or close I can go during the week!  My next treatment is May 3rd so hopefully we can organize a meetup soon!  I can go the weekends too given notice!

Hope everyone is feeling good! 

• tracie23
    tracie23 Member Posts: 214
    edited April 2012

Kim, what is your work near? I have no problem going to the Galleria. The only day I can't go is May 2nd. If between now and than is to soon for everyone we can meet after the 3rd.

• iswimibikeirun
    iswimibikeirun Member Posts: 469
    edited April 2012

I'm downtown, but can possibly schedule.  Keep me posted.

• onvacation
    edited April 2012

I work by the Omni Hotel on Woodway - but I can go in and around the area - they aren't really strict at work!

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    edited April 2012

If you all can meet for an early lunch on a Saturday - you might enjoy that more! When we met here in San Antonio we met at the spaghetti warehouse at 11 (knowing it would be empty - and at first we didn't know how many were coming). We ended up chatting for um, like, what was it ladies - 3 hours?  It was wonderful putting faces with names.

• iswimibikeirun
    edited April 2012

Gina's suggestion is good.  Perhaps at a Cafe Express (where they don't care how long you stay as long as you get a parking space and it doesn't matter how many people show up)? 

• sagina
    edited April 2012

After lunch those of us who could went on to see the missions and alamo as Chrissy B. from Australia had chosen SA as a stop on her world tour! We ended up spending the entire day together.

• onvacation
    edited April 2012

I love cafe express.  The weekend would give us more time to chat - so just let me know when and I will try to make it!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited April 2012

Gina is so right.  What a memorable day it was last October 1st.  The Spaghetti Warehouse was great and the rest of the day was even better.  

• texasrose361
    texasrose361 Member Posts: 895
    edited April 2012

I really enjoyed my visit with y'all thats for sure!!!

BTW i had a ct scan today, yes in san antonio, but i had no one home for my kids so i had to drop them off at school, i got to SA only 10 mins before my appointment. I grabbed a quick bite at taco bell, then headed home with only an hr before picking up the kids from school. I love to talk so in no way shpe or form would i have made it.

Interesting they were having a NIOSA debate on the news wether its said Ny-oh-sa or Nee-oh-sa. Never heard it the second way but apparently they say thats the proper way which makes sense. Night in old san antonio, the "I"  in the word in makes the eh sound not the long I sound... anyhow LOL

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362
    edited April 2012

I grew up in SA - spent 30 years there and I never heard it pronounced Nee-oh-sa.  It  always had been Ny-oh-sa. 

Trish

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited April 2012

That Oct was a great time.  I so enjoyed spending the day with all the ladies and putting names to faces.  Hopefully we can do it again.

• iswimibikeirun
    edited April 2012

When I lived in SA, I always heard it pronounced with a long i.

• sagina
    edited April 2012

Yep, the from out of town tv anchors started that crap! lol - while trying to read teleprompters - hehehehe  it's always been NIGH-OH-SA to me! 

• texasrose361
    edited April 2012

Gina- from what the good morning SA show said was that the commitee on something or other (who runs NIOSA) pronounce it the way no one else does LOL

I personally feel some pompous person thought it'd sound fancier lol then started a debate. because from looking at it NIOSA looks like it'd be pronounced Nigh-oh-sa. Lets bring it back to elementary pronunciation if there are 2 vowels the first will say its name ;) 

• texasrose361
    edited May 2012

oh great i killed the thread!

• Cherilynn64
    Cherilynn64 Member Posts: 156
    edited May 2012

LOL! Thread killer!!! For shame..... Wink

Cheri 

• texasrose361
    edited May 2012

Hey Cheri- how is everything going with you?

• Sherryc
    edited May 2012

Texasrose maybe everyone was at FIESTA and forgot to come back.

• texasrose361
    edited May 2012

thats prob what happened! LOL

did you go this yr? 

• iswimibikeirun
    edited May 2012

I think it's because we're all melting in the heat!

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,272
    edited May 2012

TexasRose - not to worry.  I don't think anyone could kill a Texas thread. 

• Cherilynn64
    edited May 2012

Hi TexasRose - I can't complain. Two months on tamoxifen and still getting periods and no hot flashes and no side effects. I thank God daily. Mentally and emotionally not so good, a lot of crap was going down a year ago right now that I did not know about that came to light in June and that's when my world fell apart.....but moving to Texas will help that, and I'm still on track to do that between I'm hoping October and Feb. Will know more once I have my first 3D mammogram and my first PET scan. 

It's in the 90s here, but that's normal for May. We've already hit 100 twice. What's it like where you all are?

And MinusTwo, AMEN!

Cheri 

• texasrose361
    edited May 2012

hey cherilyn- are you going to cancer treatment centers of america over there in goodyear?

• Cherilynn64
    edited May 2012

No........that's over an hour away from me on the other side of Phoenix. I live in/around Scottsdale and there are a ton of cancer centers here. I think that's why they put CTCA out there because the west side lacks in a lot of things.

I'm lucky I live where I do, there are two Mayo hospitals within 10-30 min of me and the pioneering radiation oncologist who did my bracytherapy, so I sure can't complain. I know going to Texas there are tons of great healthcare places all over the state, so I know moving won't be an issue for me medically. Thank God Smile

• Sherryc
    edited May 2012

Texasrose I did not make it this year to Fiesta.

• texasrose361
    edited May 2012

You must drive slow LOL or live way north like past paradise valley mall. Yeah they really have built up the westside. i used to live in buckeye btw ;0 they just finsished building the center right before we moved.

no worries sherry- i havent been to fiesta since being pregnant with my now 6 yr old!  

• Cherilynn64
    edited May 2012

Texasrose, I live in Fountain Hills which is the suburb next door to North Scottsdale. I work in Glendale which is 51 miles one way and Goodyear is past that. So I'm just far :-)

PV Mall is about 25 min west of me. I pass there on my way to the church I sing in in Phoenix. Hung out there in high school as I went to high school in Scottsdale.

• sagina
    edited May 2012

Hi everyone, resurfacing......DH was in hospital, better now.  Went down to the coast to see my nieces - their mother passed from BC the week I was on retreat.....and yes indoors in good, it's already so hot here.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited May 2012

Where is everyone???  Come out, come out wherever you are.