Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Texas

Options

Comments

• texasrose361
    texasrose361 Member Posts: 895
    edited December 2012
    Options

Wow that is crazy! i am glad you were able to get a buyer so quickly! 

• Cherilynn64
    Cherilynn64 Member Posts: 156
    edited December 2012
    Options

Thank you TXRose, me too! Makes the stress of the move and finding new cancer docs here and a job etc a little bit better. 

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited January 2013
    Options

Hey, Hey, ladies - How is the New Year treating you? Tired, tired of this cold. Glad the sun is out today if at least for a little while. Waiting for the afternoon update on the possible snow tomorrow. And of course I was going into town tomorrow.

Anyone want to try for a get together?

• New-girl
    New-girl Member Posts: 80
    edited January 2013
    Options

I'm ready in two weeks!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited January 2013
    Options

luvmygoats i am tired of the cold already.  I am far enough south that we will not get any snow but I hate when it is rainy and cold.

• luvmygoats
    edited January 2013
    Options

Oh Sherry I see you're in the same special weather statement in Gonzales we're in. I'm in Parker County. We had 2 inches of snow on Christmas day. Pretty but kept DD from coming out. Boo Hoo. Seems like we have a slight chance of snow tomorrow per the 9pm news.  At least we had a little sun today. I stood in the window and soaked it up like a lizard. I've been wrapped up in 3 layers with a beanie cap and a scarf. A real fashion plate. I wonder if Femara makes you cold. I never had hot flushes even with menopause but gosh I'm cold. Read about your clear scans. WooHoo. But sorry about the pancreatitis. Prayers with you for your MO visit tomorrow. I have a mammo (one year followup) and BS appt later this month.

grt42btexan - Maybe some others will respond. I'm open for any weekend.

• Chrisrenee77
    Chrisrenee77 Member Posts: 693
    edited January 2013
    Options

I'm good for a couple of weeks from now.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited January 2013
    Options

I am also tired of the cold, damp rainy weather and I am so far down south in Texas, I am minutes from the Mexican border.  This morning was 36 with the wind chill.  At least we did not have snow.   Guess that is a good tradeoff.  BTW!  Who covered up the sun?  Haven't seen it in days.

• spicedlife
    spicedlife Member Posts: 79
    edited January 2013
    Options

I am ready too.  I am off during the day on Saturday the 17th and also we are closed that following Monday.  Let me know Texas gals!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited January 2013
    Options

Had my MO appt today and got moved to 6 month appts . woohoo!!
    Have to take the pancreatic meds for a month and then recheck bloodwork if good I get to get off and see if I can maintain. Otherwise life is good

• jo1955
    edited January 2013
    Options

Sherry - That is great news.  You have a long drive for your appts and now you can focus on other things.  I know I like the 6 month appts.  I think I will be on this schedule for quite some time.  

• Cherilynn64
    edited January 2013
    Options

Sherry congrats!!!!

DFW area girls, I'm ready for a get together! And SICK OF THE COLD!!!!!!! It is very hard coming back here from Phoenix, OMG.....but still glad I came :-)

Cheri

• Cherilynn64
    edited January 2013
    Options

DFW area ladies:

Can anyone get together for a couple hours for "coffee" (I don't drink it but you know what I mean) and chat and say hi on Sunday Jan 20? That's my one year anniversary of being cancer free and I would love to spend it with y'all.

Jan 6 was my one year of diagnosis. 

I sing at St Rita's Catholic church in N Dallas by the Galleria at both 9am and 1045am Masses that Sunday, but I'm free after that which would be around noon. Have car will travel! I'm up for anywhere. And if that date doesn't work out, let's pick another. Doesn't have to be that date, just came to me and I thought it would be cool, but totally not necessary :-)

That day or any other work for anyone else?

Cheri

• spicedlife
    edited January 2013
    Options

works for me anytime after 11 30am

• Chrisrenee77
    edited January 2013
    Options

I'm up for it, what about meeting at that Starbucks right behind the Lewisville mall. It's in the same building as Five Guys?

• spicedlife
    edited January 2013
    Options

I can do that! I live in the Garland area so it would take me 30 minutes or so to get there

• Chrisrenee77
    edited January 2013
    Options

Cherilyn and Jenny- give me a call or text me what time we all want to meet up next Sunday. I will check with Robin and see if she wants to meet up as well. My number is 9403901583. Can't wait to see you guys!

Christy

• Cherilynn64
    edited January 2013
    Options

Hey ladies sounds good! My cell is 480-495-9130. What about the lewsiville Starbucks between 1-130pm for getting there? i just need to grab lunch after church but it won't take that long.

If anyone has any other suggestions for date and time post them here! We can always do another meet and greet in the future too :)

Otherwise lets do Starbucks lewsiville mall around 1pm?

Who is with us? :)

Cheri

• Chrisrenee77
    edited January 2013
    Options

Me and robin are! I cant wait!

• Cherilynn64
    edited January 2013
    Options

Robin and Christy I will see you there! I will change and eat before I get there. Can't wait to say hi! I pmd some others who live in the area, hopefully they can come!

Cheri

• luvmygoats
    edited January 2013
    Options

Cheri - Yes I got your PM just haven't responded yet. I can't make it tomorrow. Too far and church doesn't end until 1215. Y'all have a great time. We'll get together sometime.

• spicedlife
    edited January 2013
    Options

I plan on being there.  I put both of your numbers in my phone and my number is 469-569-9699.  We have a reception after church and actually, there will be no way I will make it so lets do it again.  :(

• Cherilynn64
    edited January 2013
    Options

DFW ladies- for those who can't make it, no worries! We will do another one. This was a quick impromptu one.

For anyone who can make it, Starbucks at lewisville vista ridge mall next to five guys and a Costco if I have the correct one? For GPS the address is 859 Texas 121. Looks like mall is at the 121 and the 35 where they cross. Not too far from my hometown of Carrollton :)

Luvmygoats let's plan the next one either more central to us all or towards you the next time. We can spread it out. I would be happy to travel and have a mid Texas meeting in the future for more of us to get together!

Cheri

• Cherilynn64
    edited January 2013
    Options

Got to meet Christy and Robin today! So nice meeting you in person! Kim and Jenny and Luv for sure there will be another DFW meet up. Start thinking of places to meet and good weekends to do it. Remind me where y'all live too, we can map out where we all are and find a middle place to meet. And we can meet like east of Dallas one time and closer to Fort Worth the next time to be fair to all :)

Kim I hope you are feeling better! I'm sorry you and Luv and Jenny could not be there, so looking forward to meeting you next time!

Cheri

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    edited January 2013
    Options

I;ve been off the boards for a bit, but checking in with you all. Hello from SA.

• jo1955
    edited January 2013
    Options

Hi Gina! Hope you are doing well.

• Cherilynn64
    edited January 2013
    Options

Gina I just saw your return on the Catholics forum - welcome back!!

Cheri

• Pat634
    Pat634 Member Posts: 14
    edited January 2013
    Options

Anyone know of a face to face support group in or near Weatherford Texas?

• luvmygoats
    edited January 2013
    Options

I don't know of any in Weatherford but Baylor has several in downtown Ft Worth as does Moncrief Cancer Center. There is a Texas Oncology office in Weatherford but I don't think they have support services there. The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders also has a Weatherford office but their website doesn't show anything. You might make contact with the Breast Navigator Nurse Navigator at Baylor Sherree Bennett office # 817-922-2223, cell #682-429-9205. I searched Texas Health Azle and found nothing on there. I don't know what Texas Health Ft. Worth (Harris for us oldies) has for outreach as I am more familiar with Baylor but do know they have a Breast Health Nurse Navigator too. Nothing on their website for outreach but I do think there is something thru the Breast Center. I don't have any of their literature left since my surgery was at Baylor though I do get my mammograms at Kupferle Breast Center at Harris Ft. Worth.

Hope this helps some.

• luvmygoats
    edited January 2013
    Options

Pat - I was able to find that the ACS has a support group at the Weatherford Public Library 1st Thursday of every month 6-7:30 pm. Contact # is the FW office 817 737-9990, Andrea Wright, LMSW (817) 838-4880. Don't know if it is an active group.

http://www.cancer.org/treatment/supportprogramsservices/app/resource-detail.aspx?resourceId=11267

Again, I hope this is helpful for you.