Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• Rocket
    Rocket Member Posts: 910
    edited October 2010

JO - Beautiful.  We all need to be reminded that He is in control.

Tina - I'm rejoicing that you have finished chemo.  The worst is over!  Rads will be much easier.  Be good to yourself and rest whenever possible.

Barbe - I agree the colors sound fabulous.  I love red!  I bet you are anxious to start painting.  Fall is my favorite season.  Growing up in Maine the colors were breathtaking.  The leaves haven't started changing here in eastern NC.  We are going to the mountains of NC this weekend however and I'm going to eat a fresh picked apple.

• mbtlcsw01
    mbtlcsw01 Member Posts: 250
    edited October 2010

Hello ladies.  Asking you for prayers for safe travel for me tomorrow.  I'm driving to Jekyll Island, GA from Tampa by myself to meet up with my DH.  Thanks so much, Mary

• spar2
    spar2 Member Posts: 3,631
    edited October 2010

Hi and love to everyone.  Tina so glad your through with chemo, congrats.  JO, the prayer is lovely and I love the walking with God.  Mary you have prayers going up now for safety in your travels..  I like to travel alone, it is exciting.  Sunday we are having service, then a dinner, then after that a singing.  It will be lots of fun and lots of fellowship.  Still doing physical therapy 3 times a week, still hard to type for very long on the computer but my life is slowly but surely getting better with the Lords help.  Sheila, that sounds exciting going to the calendar gala.  I think of you guys everyday and pray for all my bc sisters everyday.  love and hugs.

• lvtwoqlt
    lvtwoqlt Member Posts: 765
    edited October 2010

Spar, the Through Healing Eyes gala was wonderful. The Facebook page has photos of the evening (I can't get a link to post). They had a real art show and silent auction of the pieces to benefit Through Healing Eyes. The art was decorated 3 dimensional busts (think swimsuit/bra display forms) that were created by some of this year's models and their families. This was the 7th year for the calendar. They had all models that were at the gala gather for a 'reunion' photo. 

Sheila 

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited October 2010

JO - I saw your thread about cellulitis in your arm.  IDK anything about that but I do know about the power of prayer.  Ladies, let's pile it on for JO - prayers for healing, comfort, and strength.

I think of you all every day sisters, and I pray for us all every day too.  {{hugs}}

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 814
    edited August 2013

Hey Jo, blessings. Just saw and answered your thread in the Lymphoedema Forum. I really pray God will be an extra strength to you for this LOUSY condition. One day it will be so great to know... no more pain no more tears.... this life is but a drop in the bucket compared to eternity! Its one of the things that helps me when the chips are really down. 

Musical

• kmccraw423
    kmccraw423 Member Posts: 885
    edited October 2010

Joanne ... I am so sorry you are having to go through this.  I certainly will pray for you.  Your prayer was so beautiful I am saving and printing it to remind me to "let go" and thank God for all His blessings.

Sherry ... prayers for you - love you so much!  You are such a strong woman.

I love all you warrior women!  My prayers are with you always.

• lbmt
    lbmt Member Posts: 49
    edited October 2010

InnocentHi ladies,

oh, spar, my heart goes out to you, and you willl be in my prayers.

we too, have faced some deep valleys this last three weeks.

my hubby randy had a  heart attactk, he ended having to have an open heart quadrupile by pass surgery. he is home know and recovering. it was a scary couple of weeks with alot of bumps in the road. by God's Grace seen us thru. and both our churches here in town, came to help us.

he will start rehab the 28th of this month. so we are joyful that it is going so well.

then this week, we got a call that my dear friend cindy, has inflamatory breast cancer either stage 2 or 3. i know that is a very nasty cancer. if you would please pray for her, and my randy.

God bless, i am so grateful we all have this site, to share our happy and sad moments

but i know God has a special plan and he is our refuge.

love laurie

• kmccraw423
    edited October 2010

My heart goes out to both of your friends.  It is so not fair.  I will pray for both - also pray for Laurie's DH that he have a rapid recovery.

Spar - love you and hope you are okay.

• LadyinBama
    LadyinBama Member Posts: 993
    edited October 2010

Laurie: Prayers that your DH has a full recovery.

I wanted to share something that happened to my DH today. His driver's license expired Tuesday, and he forgot about it because that's the day I came home from the hospital, and we had a lot going on. So he goes to the DMV today to renew and he's telling the lady the story about he forgot on Tues. because his wife was in the hospital, she has bc, blah, blah, the tale of our lives lately. She takes a piece of paper and wrote on it and sent it home to me. It said "Remember, God can do anything but fail." I had just had a terrible morning on the phone with docs offices trying to find out something, etc., and her kindness really meant a lot to me.

• lbmt
    lbmt Member Posts: 49
    edited October 2010

Innocenthi all,

my dear dh is getting stronger, and will start rehab, at the end of this month.

lady, i loved your story. its wonderful to have those suprise's from God. they are great encouragement.

i shared about my friend with inflamatory bc, she will start chemo soon. she is waiting to have her

pet scan. so we are praying that the cancer has not spread.

also, my dh youngest son, has been so cruel to me through randy's surgery.

i know being a step mom is a hard job, but i find myself tiring of his harshness.

so please pray for us.

God bless ladies. and i love you all.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited October 2010

{{Laurie}} praying for you and your family.  Can I share a childhood memory of my mother muttering, "Patience is a virtue" from between clenched teeth LOL!

JO - how's your arm?  Praying for your health.

Sherry - Praying for your strength and comfort. 

Blessings & {{hugs}} to all

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2013

Blessings all! I hope and pray you are all doing well in coping with the adversities that life puts before us. Seems to be quiet here, so I'll chime in with some info that is sure to be useful. I told Jo in a PM a couple of months ago I would post about this most important subject when I could. This will hopefully whet your appetite. Smile

QUOTING JO'S POST

Since scripture began to be written there have been rumors and sects claiming there are "secret books" of the Bible that were not included in what we know today as our Bible.
    I wouldn't waste my money. It will only confuse you. Pray for understanding and read the Bible. God will reveal all you need to know.
    The Scriptures from Genesis to The Revelation are complete. The Authorized King James Bible has been preserved through the ages and nothing should be added or removed, according to Revelation 22: 18 - 19.
    I use the King James Version - but do own other versions, for comparison and to better be able to answer questions when my grandchildren ask about all the "different Bibles." The New King James is in more modern language. (The King James was written in old Elizabethan language. That is not the language Jesus spoke, but the meaning, etc. has been preserved.)
    This is a deep subject and one that is disputed but in regards to that "secret book" ferget 'bout it! It isn't so.
    You asked and that is my opinion - trying to put it as simply as possible...........( Perhaps Musical will chime in here, and she will most likely go more into detail!
    JO
    END QUOTE

I will start with this Notice, based on those noble Bereans who searched the Scriptures daily to see if those things were so ( Act 17:11) ....

A major hallmark between the true and the false Christian is openness, or the lack thereof, respectively. Whoever claims to speak /teach in the name of the Lord as a Christian, should be at all times and without reservation, open to have their words scrutinized and measured with the word, by all who read them. They should be open for correction if it is found that their words don't line up with Scripture. This means if someone thinks I speak/write erroneously, they should have the right to challenge me, but that challenge must line up with the word of God. I therefore welcome and will answer when possible, any decent non inflammatory challenge that is put to me.

Which Bible
    For those who have ears to hear ....

In my quest to confirm for sure what was already in my heart, I started with this deduction in mind. .....doctrinally 2 opposing views can BOTH be wrong but they CANT be BOTH right....

Since Man cannot live by bread alone but by EVERY word that proceeds from the mouth of God, and since EVERY bible differs, it behooves us then, to find which bible is the right Bible. The KJV / AV is Gods complete infallible inspired preserved word from 1611 at its beginning and for eternity.

One of the most important questions the Christian can ask him/herself, is "Which Bible? Afterall, why would we want faulty weaponry? ...and this is a war we are in.

2Ti 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him be a soldier.

The word is referred to as the sword of the spirit.

Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: ...

It is imperitive, then, that we choose the right weaponry.

We can effectively resolve this question of "which Bible" in at least one of two valid ways.

1/ Just accept what the word says about inspiration and preservation, join up the dots, (and theres enough of them) and then leave it at that, because God does not call everyone to "convince academia". To put it another way.....1Co 12:17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?

OR

2/ For those of us who are ready to go onto the meat and want to dig deeper into this for whatever reason ( whether for personal satisfaction or to answer the critics), I found alongside of what the word already says, there is much credible documentation, tracing the whole history of the Bible. Indeed this is an immense and intricate study, but very rewarding, for I believe, that one of satans key strategies is to subvert/pervert and undermine Scripture. Since he couldnt burn every last copy he had to find another more subtle way. Satan can quote scripture and misquote it. He can appear as an angel of light.

The good news is, God has given us His complete revealed inerrant word and it's been specifically given so that people can read it for themselves, in its entirety without being bamboozled with hanger-ons such as footnotes and explanations which really only serve to either add to, or take away, or conflict with the word. We certainly do not need any such thing as bible codes or sundry secret deciphering strategies, or even things like Greek Lexicons. Nor do we need those who would set themselves up as "go betweens" between us and the Father, like the Hebraic Roots Movement, as if we can only understand the Scripture by coming to them because they are the only ones who can explain it to us, because they supposedly have "superior knowledge". All these do is usurp the place of Jesus and take you away from the simplicity of the gospel, which Jesus Christ has openly made known in His word. Jesus is our Mediator and go-between. The only textual aid or accessory we really need is a good English dictionary.

The NKJV presents a special case because there is much more subtlety going on than with other (per)versions. For example, Ive seen documentation that is otherwise well written but has said the NKJV is from the same manuscripts (textus receptus or "received text") which the KJV is from. I can smell a rat here and I know where the stink is coming from, as is documented below (in bold). Satan himself. On the premise that the more deceptive something is the quicker it needs exposure, I ve supplied below a couple of excerpts from an excellent article, with the link as well. Id encourage all to take a look, because it marks out some very important differences in text between the KJV and NKJV.

http://av1611.com/kjbp/articles/reynolds-nkjv.html

WHAT ABOUT THE NEW KING JAMES BIBLE? In this article, we want to share with God's people some of the important facts which led us to reject the NKJV and warn others about it. We do not believe that the "NKJV makes the KJV even better" as its publishers claim. To the contrary, our study leads us to conclude that the NKJV vitiates the original, reliable, accurate KJV in a most deceptive manner. While claiming to have "preserved the authority and accuracy" of the original KJV, the actual result is a hybrid text which incorporates many changes identical with or similar to the corruptions found in other modern Bible versions.

Many Christians today are purchasing NKJV Bibles for three reasons: (1) Many pastors and Christian leaders are highly recommending it. (2) They have been assured by translators and publishers that the NKJV is based upon the same Hebrew and Greek texts used by the KJV translators. However, as already mentioned, such a claim is simply not true and can be easily documented by comparing the wording of the NKJV with the NIV, NASV, RSV and other versions whose translators admittedly used other Hebrew and Greek texts. (3) The NKJV is supposedly easier to read and understand but its impurities actually make it doubly deceptive and dangerous.

(bold emphasis added)

Blessings

Musical

• TMarina
    TMarina Member Posts: 297
    edited October 2010

Interesting.  I started out with the KJV as a teenager, but now I mostly use the NIV. I like it because it's easy to understand and is in between the "word for word" and "thought for thought" translations. When I want to dig deeper I use a website that allows me to view different versions at the same time.  I'm not sure what you meant by the greek lexicon.  I know I love it when my pastors tell us what a certain word meant in Greek or Hebrew.  Sometimes it just amazes me how it brings a whole new meaning to a verse when you understand better what was orginally meant.  For instance the word "love" has different meanings, such as "agape" love which is a pure love that the Father has for us, or "philia" love which is love for a friend.  But all are translated "love".  So sometimes it helps to have the original meaning.  That's just one example. 

Thanks for sharing this.  I may not 100% agree, but I always find it interesting to hear what other Christians think about this.  It is good to learn from each other!  I definitly agree about not adding to or taking away from God's word, like many cults and false religions have done.

If you google "Bible translation chart" it comes up with some good ones to show where each Bible is on "word for word' to "thought for thought" range.

Blessings!

• arnie2two
    arnie2two Member Posts: 374
    edited October 2010

Hi all :-)  Haven't been here for awhile but enjoy reading everyone's thoughts.  I love the scripture in Mark 13:23 that states, "But take ye heed, behold I have foretold you all things".  My thoughts on the above topic are that people listen to men (pastors, priests, etc), and take all there words verbatim....  I have always loved to seek deeper and take notes and go home and read the word for myself with the Holy Spirits leading.  I have great respect for many teachers of the word but I also like to check out what they say for myself....with the Holy Spirits leading.  (I love using my Strongs Concordance which has the Greek and Hebrew translations).

Hope everyone has a blessed day!

• TMarina
    edited October 2010

Here's 2 paragraphs from my e-mail devotional I got today, about going through hard times.  It really spoke to me today, and I wanted to share it with you.  I love the Bible verse quoted here:

"To declare his faith, Job spoke words that echo through generations, off the lips of saints of old and suffering saints today: "I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth."

Job's story has a happy ending. After passing the testing, the Bible says, "The Lord blessed the latter part of Job's life more than the first" (Job 42:12a, NIV). Although Job had to go through the hard times, and there were no easy answers, the Lord never abandoned him, and had a reward on the other side."

Here's the prayer at the end of it:

"Dear Lord, I praise You for being the same regardless of what I am going through. There is nothing that is outside Your control. Help me to suffer well, and to guard my lips against any falsehood. Turn my face toward You when I can't lift it myself. I choose to trust You today. In Jesus' Name, Amen."

Blessings to you all today!

Tina

• [Deleted User]
    edited October 2010

Hi TMarina, thanks for your thoughts.

Because Ive seen 3 passages of scripture that directly warn about adding and taking away from the word, I whole heartedly agree with you. Therefore I think this should interest you. The NIV it is an embarrassment to be called the word of God! It is a corrupt Version. They have watered down the Word of God on such important things as deity and the blood of Christ, and if that isn't bad enough , they have thousands upon thousands of omissions!!!! 

Robert M Baker's treatise titled "Another Bible Another Gospel"  on the link below, shows the sorry story of how our modern "bibles" are frauds. About ½ way down there is a section on the NIV and NASB....Ive pasted some snippetts.

http://watch.pair.com/another.html

Heres a link to a Comparison Chart by the same author. Check out the ommissions and distortions.

http://www.realhelpforteens.com/index.php?PGNM=bible_comparison_chart

NIV

.....Other findings provide convincing evidence that the hidden agenda of the NIV is to alter Bible doctrine. The NIV has 64,098 or 10% fewer words than the King James Version. 62. Careful comparison of Scripture verses, such as those found in the Tables, reveals that these omissions are not random, but selective......  (bold emphasis mine)

THE NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE

The Preface to the New American Standard Bible, published in 1963, states that, "In most instances the 23rd edition of the Nestle Greek New Testament was followed." Dr. Frank Logsdon, former pastor of Moody Memorial Church, along with Dewey Lockman (The Lockman Foundation), laid the groundwork for this modern version. After its publication, questions by friends caused Dr. Logsdon to examine the translation closely. The following is his renunciation of every attachment to the NASB. This renunciation takes on added meaning since the NIV and NASB used the Nestle/Aland Text in the revision process and many changes are common to both.
    "I must under God renounce every attachment to the New American Standard Version. I'm afraid I'm in trouble with the Lord...We laid the groundwork; I wrote the format; I helped interview some of the translators; I sat with the translator; I wrote the preface...I'm in trouble; I can't refute these arguments; it's wrong, terribly wrong; it's frighteningly wrong and what am I going to do about it...When questions began to reach me at first I was quite offended... I used to laugh with others... However, in attempting to answer, I began to sense that something was not quite right in the New American Standard Version. I can no longer ignore these criticisms I am hearing and I can't refute them... the deletions are absolutely frightening... there are so many... Are we so naïve that we do not suspect Satanic deception in all of this?
    "Upon investigation, I wrote my very dear friend, Mr. Lockman, explaining that I was forced to renounce all attachments to the NASV. The product is grievous to my heart and helps to complicate matters in these already troublous times...I don't want anything to do with it..." 55.

MONEYCHANGERS IN THE TEMPLE

Royalties received from each edition, rather than preservation of the text, seems to be an additional underlying motive in the creation of the many new translations as well as revised editions. From 1898 to 1979, there were twenty-six editions of the Nestle/Aland Greek Text alone. 68. Correspondingly, publishers have produced an average of two new versions of the English Bible each year since 1900.
    "They see in the translations of the Bible a chance for millions upon millions of dollars for their publishing houses. This is what sells. How do you account for many of the 135 complete English Bibles and 293 complete English New Testaments (a total of 428 altogether) that have flooded the English speaking world from 1380 through 1991?" 69.

UNQUOTE

May God bless you all.

Musical

• [Deleted User]
    edited October 2010

Hi arnie2two, you sound like a good 'Berean'.    Smile

Yes, the surest way to be deceived is to listen to the voice of man, without checking it in the word.  In Joh 16:13 The Holy Spirit always speaks of what He has been told and that must always fit within the bounds of the word. He will lead us into all truth, but what is that?   Joh 17:17 says Thy word is truth. I love that Scripture interprets Scripture, and is the final authority, and is sufficient without the need for extra-biblical revelation.

Musical

• arnie2two
    edited October 2010

Hi Musical .... nice to meet you.  I love the Scriptures... I have a 5-cd changer in my bedroom and listen to the Word as I'm going to sleep nightly.... it's sooo  comforting!  I agree that Scripture interprets Scripture and is the final authority!  All praise be to our God for His love letter to us!

Hope everyone has a blessed day....

• kmccraw423
    edited October 2010

Lady ... I, too, loved your story - random acts of kindness are beautiful ... I always find myself surprised and then I think - of course, its the Lord - He knew what  you needed at that moment!

Laurie ... you might want to call your stepson on this - in a very nice Christian way of course! I have found that simply pointing out someone's bad behavior and how it is impacting you can be quite therapeutic.  For example, the next time he is nasty, ask him "Why are you acting like this, have I done something to offend you?  I am only trying to care for your father."

Musical ... it is always interesting to investigate scripture.  I, too, have heard that the "bible is not translated correctly in all instances due too the nuanaces of another language."  For now, it is enough for me to know God, the Son and Holy Ghost.  I have a strong testimony of the Lord and am happy with that.  I do admire others who delve deeply into the academics of the Bible.

• SmilingSpirit
    SmilingSpirit Member Posts: 16
    edited October 2010

Hi! I'm just stopping by today to say I enjoy this thread. I'm new and limited to 5 posts a day and have so much to say I have to really think before I type and exceed my limit. I'm a faith filled, Bible believing daughter of the most high King! Praise His holy name, praise to His son who died for us, Praise to the Holy Spirit who indwells us.

Thank you for having this thread topic where I can feel "safe" and it's okay to pray!!

Bless you all! Have a great day today and every day! Here is my prayer and my verse:

Dear Lord

I ask that You be with all these sisters today, and that whatever burdens they carry You will remove. Please let all here experience Your light and love every day. Please send the Holy Spirit to comfort those who are worried and give rest to those who can't find it.

Thank you for sending your son Jesus who gave His life so that we may have eternal life. Please shower us with Your blessings for we know who our Father is.

In Jesus's most holy and precious name,

Amen

Verse for the day:

Isaiah 40:31

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

• SmilingSpirit
    edited October 2010

I'm new and limited to 5 posts a day and just blew one right above by trying to copy and paste something which then went all crazy with symbols!  :(

Thank you for this topic where it's safe to pray.

Here is my prayer for you all:

Dear Lord,

I ask that You with all these women today, and that whatever burdens they may carry, You will remove. Please let all here experience Your light and love every day. Please send the Holy Spirit to comfort those who are worried and to give rest to those that can't find it.

Thank You for sending Your son Jesus who gave His life so that we may have eternal life. Please shower us with Your blessings for we know who our Father is. 

In Jesus's most Holy and Precious name,

Amen:

Verse for the day:

Isaiah 40:31

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

• arnie2two
    edited October 2010

Welcome and thank you for your prayer Smiling.... I love 1 Thessalonians 5:16-19... clung to it during chemo and radiation...

Have a blessed day!

• TMarina
    edited October 2010

Welcome Smiling!  Thank you so much for the prayer and Bible verse!  Love your verse also arnie!

• kmccraw423
    edited October 2010

Jo - I love that reminder of nature's examples.  In order to stay steadfast I just tell myself that God has a whole list of lessons I need to learn and ways I need to grow in order to be in His presence.  If I don't understand the plan now I will someday.  I'm not saying that I am always gracious in the face of adversity but I am a work in progress!

Smiling Spirit - I think you user name says it all - Welcome!

• [Deleted User]
    edited October 2010

Hi Smiling! Thankyou for your lovely prayer. May God bless you and welcome! Ha,  some of the formatting can be a bit flakey Ive found and yes the paste thingee in this forum is, um, shall we say a little different than what Im used to. I found I had to wait a bit before that little pop up window comes. If you have a pop up blocker on it wont show. Then you have to paste in your stuff in that window, then you have to insert it into the Post a Reply, field. Done....um providing you didnt leave your cursor in the wrong place Wink

That is a lovely and TRUE analogy Jo, and us who've had cancer sure know about the refiners fire! Ah but in the end, what is 70 years compared to eternity :-). Id like to remind everyone, that even Paul, though a MIGHTY man of God, suffered hugely, (so much for the "be positive" tripe) and a great comfort to me was that he feared at times, even though the Scriptures say be anxious for nothing. Seeming contradictions like these are there to trip the surface skimmers and fly-by-nighters up....Im sure. Peter suffered from "foot and mouth disease" many a time, and therefore I see the mercy and love of God tremendously shine in the life of Peter. What an amazing Apostle, and a more amazing God! 

Hi kmccraw42. Bless you Smile  I dont always stand up to adversity well either, in fact Ive had to scrape myself off the floor many a time. Just as well God knows all hearts! Id like to challenge you, not to stir up trouble but to exhort people to search out the truth of this most important of issues.  

"I, too, have heard that the "bible is not translated correctly in all instances due too the nuanaces of another language." "

I'd like to point out to you  ( & whoever else ) if I may,  that if we cant believe God on EVERY word He's said, then how can we believe Him on anything???  Its an either or situation. All or nothing. Either His book is infallable or its not. God NEVER makes mistakes and He doesnt change...(Mal 3:6)  He said these promises (below) which are as good for today as they ever were and ever will be for eternity. ( WOW!) In fact just as He chose to write the NT in Greek, the main language of the day, (instead of Hebrew)  so He has chosen English, the most universal language of our day, to finalize and write the complete word in a book, and He did it when the English Language was at its purest.  It has only been the last 400 years or so that we have had the complete word accessible to the ordinary man on the street, or the masses. Before printing presses, (around the 1500s ???) they were generally painstakingly handwritten on scrolls.

Psa 119:89 For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.  

Psa 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
    Psa 12:7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 

Mat 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
     Pro 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.  

EMPHASIS MINE

I like what Robert M Baker said when he said, "We may infer from these and other Scriptures that God promised He would preserve His Word, according to a heavenly pattern, during the process of translation from one language to another." I couldnt agree more! If we believe He can do miracles such as raising Jesus from the dead, then surely we must believe Him when He says He will preserve His word, including through translation.

I would encourage all Christians to read their word because it does all sorts of wonderful things from.... stopping  us from sinning,  to saving our souls.....

Psa 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Jas 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.  

Its Gods manual for this life and if we love God we will want to please Him, and He is pleased when we read and heed His word. It is no wonder, then, that satan is on an all out attack to discredit the King James Bible, which is the true word of God.  No, its not always easy, and satan will scheme up every trick in the book to keep you from reading it. Sometimes its a sacrifice, as with other things in this life, but in the end as you grow you will grow to Love His word. 

Blessings Smile

• kmccraw423
    edited October 2010

Thanks Musical ... Here is another way to look at adversity!

mistakes quote

• SmilingSpirit
    edited October 2010

Good morning! Just a quick note today,  Psalm 91, please read this for your daily dose if you would! It has always brought me much comfort!

God bless us all! Praise Jesus! Thank you Holy Spirit!

• [Deleted User]
    edited October 2010

Morning Ladies ! Blessings to all of you.

Hi kmccraw423, yup, as long as we're here in this body,  we're gunna make mistakes. I think.... if at all possible....its a smart person who can learn the easy way (like 1st time round) and an even a smarter one who can learn from others mistakes.  Smile  I remember a dear lady said to me one day, "every one should be free to make their own mistakes". At 1st I thought well that sounds reasonable and good, (like so many cliches) . However, with a little more thought and measuring with the word, it showed this to be the phony concept that it is. To cut to the chase its simply doing away with those things we all find hard to take, but valid Biblical practises nonetheless. Correction instruction and rebuke, notwithstanding, these of course must be given in love, and not as Lording it over someone in a high and mighty way.

Oh JO,  I LOVE LOVE  LOVE that Scripture   Smile . I believe "not in old time" is, that time period, over the centuries when  God used those holy men to write His word. Past that time, its just a case of preservation by means of translating, which God had NO probs doing.

However, "no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation" holds true for past present and future! Smile  Oh what a safety net that provides for us all, and that sure makes me happy.  SO happy that I can say unequivocally  .... So much for extra biblical revelation, and bible correctors!  You dont have to look too hard at this passage, to KNOW, that 1/ God penned the Scriptures and 2/ it is not up to man to put his interpretation and slant on it. Far better to leave it alone while we dont understand it, instead of wresting (twisting)  it. What we need to do is wait on God to reveal it to us through other Scriptures. Of course we listen to those who are teaching us, as well as the guidance of the HolySpirit, but the final analysis must come from and be confirmed in the word. 

Rev22.20 ......even so, come, Lord Jesus.

• [Deleted User]
    edited October 2010

Perfection is another one of those seeming contradictions. It is an interesting word to study. Depending on the context, it can mean different things. Whatever the case, we know none of us are perfect as in perfection in every way, 100% in all things. We can only attribute that to God, and despite what new agers will tell you, that gap will NEVER be bridged. (God will always be God, thank goodness!) Yet, below is just one of many examples where we are exhorted to be perfect. It can be seen in this sense, this is pertaining to growth and maturity. ......

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
    Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
    Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
    Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
    Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Blessings

Musical