thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited March 2015

Way to go Mags! God is good (all the time)!Take advantage of every chance you get to rest; healing comes much faster than if you try to jump into things with both feet. I learned that the hard way.

Nancy, so glad your rest was better....there is nothing like a good night's sleep to make you feel better! Praying for those other issues. Easter music is going well...pray for my self control; one of choir members tried to talk me into getting more folks to join us...with 3 rehearsals left. I nipped that in the bud quickly...but I think I could have been a little nicer.

Lucy, the devotional was right on it; we are all more likely to stay close to God in a rough time. When we feel like WonderWoman, we (mistakenly) think God is out there, but think we are fine and need nothing from Him.

She, as your surgery time nears, hope you are feeling well and able to get the loose ends tied up. Supposed to be more like spring for the next few days.

Anita, Debbie (ireland) and (footprints) Deb...it is your testimonies that keep me from whining. From reading back posts, I know you have been in the fight for a long time. Whenever I get a "Woe is me" moment with these SE, I think of you ladies and my friend Fonnie. Your courage, care and love for other women while enduring much puts my little struggle in perspective.

Char, I really admire your determination. I've never been a runner but my attempts to set a schedule to walk or exercise are feeble these days. How you do that with work and caring for your dad is amazing.

Kath...know you are feeling good after the scan last week. Robin, hoping you are past most of the pain of healing. Jean, I am amazed...walking that far only 3 weeks after surgery!!!!

To our others sisters and prayer warriors...God bless you...I am remembering you in prayer.

I texted Fonnie today...having a yucky day, in her words..her scan to see if chemo is helping is the end of this month. Please continue to lift her in prayer.

Have a restful evening!

Ellen

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited March 2015

Dear Lord Jesus, I lift up Fonnie to you. Please be with her and thank you for meeting her needs today. Thank you for getting Mags through the radiation. Please give another night of sweet sleep to those who need it. Thank you for strength to walk outside. Bless my dear hubby and draw our loved ones to you who need salvation. Love, Jean

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited March 2015

MAGS, DEAR DEAR MAGS, I can't compete with Nancys post: it says it all! you are one of the bravest women I know dear sister. Praises to you God for holding her tight when she had nothing left to hold on to

Ellen, as always, thanks for your mindful posts: makes my day

Lucy as I have done with one other dear sister I prayed for you on the hour. Another sister on the TN thread got a positive scan result today too. Lets keep this going!

Fonnie: prayers to you Lord, please protect her, keep her safe, and give her strength.

Debbie, I love your posts: keep them coming!

Angie, hugs from afar

Nancy, PRAISES for a good nights sleep!!!! i didn't know Becky: would love to hear from others.

'" Live in the light of my presence, and your light will shine brightly into the lives of others."

Galations 5:22, John 4;12

Hugs and Love

Kath

• gardengal777
    gardengal777 Member Posts: 376
    edited March 2015

Dear Heavenly Father,

I ask that you give peace to Lucy as she goes to her PET scan. I know her to be faithful and she has put her trust in your that you will bring her through every step of this journey. But like all of us she is human and Satan will try to attack her to give her doubt. Continue to surround her with you peace and assurance that she is always safe in your hands and you have this all worked out from start to finish. Remind her that nothing can happen to her unless you allow it. Lord I pray that you give her rest at night and address the issue she is experiencing with her collarbone and remove that discomfort so that she might rest soundly. Lord she and others on here are stepping out in faith that all will go well for her. And now I ask this because of your Son. In Jesus Name I ask these things. Amen

• gardengal777
    edited March 2015

WAY TO GO MAGS!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE AMAZING AND THIS GUY AGREES!

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited March 2015

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited March 2015

Mags, congrats! I am doing a happy dance for you. PTL, PTL, PTL!

Lucy, prayed for you today and praying for great results from the scan. I am also standing in the gap with you and believing with you that this is the year of healing.

Nancy, so happy that you got rest and feel better. I am continuing to pray for rest and that your medicine issues are resolved.

Lucy and Mini, praying that you were able to get good rest!

I had a bit of a scare today. DH and I were heading home after radiation and were about 5 mins from our house. My heart began to palpitate. It did that a few times within about 30 secs where I felt dizzy. Well I haven't felt that since AC treatments. We headed back to the Medical center and to ER. ER doc ran a few test and all checked out OK -- blood, sugar and EKG. Initially blood pressure was a little high but came into range while at ER. I have to say I love the Med Center. The ER Dr. read up on my profile, digged into a few things, put emails into my ONC, RO and PCP while I was in ER so that during my appts this week they can check in further as needed. During the episode and while driving to ER we were calling on the Lord for relaxation, healing, removal of anxiety, etc. I am PTL that it was nothing serious and I was able to go home and will follow-up with RO tomorrow.

I only have 6 treatments left and my left side is very tender, sore, etc. I had my PT appt today which I needed after the stressful episode this morning.

All my sisters in Christ that I have not mentioned by name I am readying post and praying always,

Angie

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited March 2015

Blessed Assurance

Dear Lord, You walk beside me,

I feel Your presence there;

Your gentle touch assures me

of tender loving care.

You give me inspiration

To follow in Your way;

You bring me consolation

Throughout each passing day.

From break of dawn till sunset

I'll leave the world behind

To travel with You always

With one goal in mind...

To be with You forever

Where saints and angels sing;

But until then, I will give You thanks

For all the joy You bring. Edna Fontaine

• footprintsangel
    edited March 2015

May Your kindness, O Lord, be upon us

who have put our hope in You. Psalm 33:22

Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,

Whose hope is in the Lord. Jeremiah 17:7

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited March 2015

I want to add to the good news trend. I had my six month mammogram today and all is well. Don't have to have another one for six months. This was both breasts today too so a sigh of relief.

Still having issues with meds and now satan is throwing into the mix an added hurdle with my insurance that pays for my meds. I am just not feeling myself by any means and still could use prayer. Thanks for all of your support.

I will check in later.

Love,

Nancy

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited March 2015

Reading through all these posts I wish there was a "like" button like Facebook has. I give a hearty AMEN to all the sentiments expressed above. I pray God gives healing and rest to all who are in treatment. I send joy out to those finishing treatments, and a big thank you for all the wise words I find on this page. I don't post often or eloquently like many of you, but I do read your posts and pray for you all. I am so grateful that God led me here.

Blessings

• zjrosenthal
    edited March 2015

Did my 5hr drive to Sloan Kettering today for my every 3 week infusion of herceptin / perjeta. Weather was good and hubby came along so all went smoothly. My rads rehersal is Friday at the off site that is,closer to home. Less than. 1 1/2 hrs each way. Rads supposed to start on Monday. The last big lap of what has been a very long journey. Whew, I am really tired. Last night at bible study I found out that when Jesus said "let the little children come to me" the Greek word translated as children is,actually babies! So we are to come as babies! Sniffling, crying, needy, dirty diapered, hungry, adorable babies. Wow! What a concept! Then He gently wean us. If you get time please look at Psalm 131. Love, Jean

• Tobycc
    edited March 2015

Nancy happy happy happy dance for you!!!!!!!!! PTL!

Now to get yourself back to 100%! I agree MINI with the LIKE button! Angie, thanks-- Jean will read it tonight

Hugs

Kath

• gardengal777
    edited March 2015

Nancy: Congratulations and Praise God for your wonderful report. Our God is so Awesome!!!!!!!!

Dear Sisters In Christ,

I want to let you know that as of tonight I will not be posting for awhile. How long is awhile? I am not sure. Probably while I take a pilgrimage into the desert. God is telling me to be still for now. I am going through some  things both physically and a mentally so it is time to take some time to be alone with God; dig deep in His Word and listen to what He has to say. I want you to know that all of you are dear and special to me. I will continue to keep you in my heart and in my prayers.  I know that whatever happens, I can't lose because He will be with me. We all know the ending of our stories...We Win!  Amen!

Nancy: You mentioned sharing some things about Becky so I am going to do so now.

I got to know you back in 2013 when I was waiting on my results on breast cancer. I looked at your profile and was amazed at what you and others had gone through and were going through. I thought...wow, this woman is still praising God through all that she has gone through and she is still fighting the fight and grabbing life by the horn and not letting go. If she can do this than why should I be any different. Though you never showed it, I am sure you had your moments when you felt anxious or concerned. It has been incredible watching you, Sue and Debbie in Ireland encourage each other as no others on here could possibly do because each of you have such as special bond. When one was down the other always seemed to pick that person up and visa versa. You always listened and prayed to us even though I am sure you were dealing with so much more than any of us could imagine. I always said this to you and I do believe you have suffered much and your reward in heaven will be great because of it. You always allowed everyone to see the hope that was in you which is our Lord and Savior. Isn't that what is all about? No matter how much we go through, He went through so much more for you and I. He laid His life down for each of us so many years ago so we would be together with Him in Heaven one day. I know that when you enter God's kingdom He will say "Well done my good and faithful servant. Now you can rest". Becky I know that we will have a glorious reunion in heaven one day where we will finally meet along with those that have gone on before us and those that at doorsteps soon to enter.  And I want to close with the words from one of my most favorite songs. Thank you Becky for allowing me to be a little tiny part of your life here on our thread.

Find Us Faithful

We're pilgrims on the journey
    Of the narrow road
    And those who've gone before us line the way
    Cheering on the faithful, encouraging the weary
    Their lives a stirring testament to God's sustaining grace

Surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses
    Let us run the race not only for the prize
    But as those who've gone before us
    Let us leave to those behind us
    The heritage of faithfulness passed on through godly lives

CHORUS:
    Oh may all who come behind us find us faithful
    May the fire of our devotion light their way
    May the footprints that we leave
    Lead them to believe
    And the lives we live inspire them to obey

Oh may all who come behind us find us faithful

After all our hopes and dreams have come and gone
    And our children sift through all we've left behind
    May the clues that they discover and the memories they uncover
    Become the light that leads them to the road we each must find

Hugs and God Bless,

Char

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2015

Char, I know that people come and go in our lives and I know that probably most of the people that started this thread are no longer here but have moved on in their lives. For me my journey on the cancer planet started a year ago this week. It doesn't seem at all possible that it has been a year but in fact it has. One of the reasons that made this time fly by was the wonderful sisters that I have met here and you being one of the first. I have certainly admired your decision to stay and be such a wonderful prayer support for everyone even though you could have left a long time ago after you had your surgery. I pray that you will be able to check in with us sometime in the future and let us know how you are doing. I know you have so much on your plate and I cannot possibly imagine how you have been able to juggle all of the things that you do. I will continue to pray for you as I know other here will as well. I pray that you can have a special time of renewal with the Lord. Thank you for your post regarding Becky. You knew her much better than I did but I know that she touched all of our lives when we read her posts and realized how much she had gone through and how faithful she remained up until her last post.

I pray that the remainder of the school year goes well for you. I know it has been a long hard winter especially for those of you out East. I hope that the renewal of springtime plants new seeds of joy and peace in your heart as well.

Love you dear sister.

Nancy

• mema4
    mema4 Member Posts: 484
    edited March 2015

Char, may peace follow you

• Blessedteacher37
    edited March 2015

Char,

I love the song you posted...such a special one. The last time I heard it was a church choir in the Phillipines whose pastor is a friend of my husband's. He sent us a video of them singing it. Just confirmation that God is at work everywhere in this world. I will continue to pray for you as you deal with so much.

May God bless you richly, my friend. Let us hear from you when the time is right.

Ellen

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2015

Dear sisters,

Lucy, praying for a good result on your Pet scan.

Angie, praying that you can hang in there on these last few treatments. I think for everyone those are the hardest. One thing that I think you will find amazing is that the skin heals so quickly that you will be in awe of the healing power that the Lord has put in place in our bodies.

Mags, I pray that your shoulder pain will calm down and that you can start getting your life back on track now. The fatigue from rads will get better. I am so glad you are done!

Bev, I hope you are doing well. I imagine you are taking advantage of this warm weather and getting outside in your yard.

Mini, I pray that you can start getting some good night's sleep as well. I know I know when I don't get sleep I wonder who is this woman who has taken over my body. Also praying about the job situation for your DH. How did his interview go?

Ellen, praying for your SE's and praying that your Easter music will shape up beautifully in time for Easter and that the anointing will come through every note sung!

SheAngel, praying for calm and peace before your surgery. Praying for renewed strength and recovery from your SE's from chemo.

Anita, we love you on this thread. I hope you can always come here and feel among friends. I pray things are better with your SE and with DH.

Jean, praying for strength both physical and emotion as you ready yourself for rads. Praying that things stay calm on the home front as well. Glad things went well with your travel and your infusion today.

Robin, praying that you are feeling stronger each day since your surgery. Let us know how we can best pray for you.

Debbie Foots, praying for your challenges. Thank you for all of your prayers and inspirational posts. Prayers for you service dog Faith as well.

Debbie from Ireland, I pray that you are feeling much better and thankful that your church family has been so supportive of you.

Polly, I pray that you are doing better and that your meds regarding your seizures can get regulated. How is the IBS? Love to hear from you.

Jo, I hope you are doing well and enjoying some of this warmer weather.

Vickie, praying that you and DH are soaking up the rays in someplace sunny and warm. Thoughts are with you dear sister.

Kath, praying for your SE's and that your last treatment goes well so you can gear up for rads. You are doing great. Hang in there. You are going to make it. Thanks for all of your prayers.

Thank you all for your well wishes. I heard this song today and one of the lines said something like today is the first day of your future. For some reason that really resonated with me. I thought, yeah that is exactly right. It is the first day of all of our futures. We don't have to live in the past and we certainly don't have to fear the future but embrace all that God has for us.

If you are a Casting Crowns fan as I am (they are a Christian music group) Mark Hall who fronts the band is having a kidney removed tomorrow because of cancer. I am joining in with all the fans and friends and family and praying that his cancer was contained and that all goes well for him. I believe he is a youth pastor in Florida as well.

LET'S POST OUR THOUGHTS FOR BECKY ON WEDNESDAY, MARCH 11. CHAR STARTED US OUT WITH HER BEAUTIFUL WORDS AND REMBERANCES OF BECKY. SOME OF YOU NEWER TO THE THREAD MAY NOT KNOW HER.

Hope everyone has a restful night.

Love you all,

Nancy

• footprintsangel
    edited March 2015

Our Dearest Friend

How plentiful are Your gifts, Oh Lord,

That You send to us each day;

The loving peace and joy You give

Helps us cope along life's way.

A happy smile, a cheerful voice

And a heart so filled with love

Are just a few of Your blessings

All sent from You above.

May we forever thank You, Lord

For the blessing You deem to send;

But most of allwe thank Thee

For being our best and dearest Friend.  Shirley Powell

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2015

REMEMBERING OUR DEAR SISTER BECKY

I recently read a post from Becky and she mentioned her friends supporting her and especially her husband who was her caregiver. It gives me comfort to know that she was surrounded by love in her life and certainly on this thread. I know she didn't post often but no matter what she was dealing with she always mentioned her faith and God's provision. We know she went into hospice a month or so ago and even though we may not know the time she will enter or has already entered into the next life with the Lord we know that she is going to Heaven and that we will see her someday in the future. I know she has been a comfort to others who have been in the fight for a long time. I am amazed at her strength and unwavering faith in the Lord despite much suffering. My thoughts and prayers are for her family and friends who knew her and that they will be comforted in their loss. I pray that this beautiful granddaughter in this picture will have fond memories of her. I pray especially for her husband who was so loving to her. I pray that you will give him an extra portion of strength and grace in his time of lose. We miss you Becky, dear sister, and we will all meet up in heaven one day.

Love,

Nancy

• Blessedteacher37
    edited March 2015

For Becky...

I did not know Becky as some of you did, but I knew she trusted our Lord. From reading her notes at the bottom of her posts, I could tell her battle had been a long one.Rest in God's peace and love ,Becky; we will meet as sisters in Heaven one day. "What a day of rejoicing that will be!"

Ellen

• Blessedteacher37
    edited March 2015

Sisters,

In your prayer time, please remember my husband, Clyde. Tomorrow he will have a CT scan with contrast to determine what the swollen area on his upper thigh could be. Blood clot and hernia have been ruled out. It has been worrisome to him, and as a result, has affected our lives as well. satan has tried to get into both of our minds with all kinds of cancer ideas (lymphoma) and since both of Clyde's parents died of cancer it has been a fight.

Thanks...my prayer has been whatever it is, that it can be easily treated with no complications.

God bless you all....Ellen

• zjrosenthal
    edited March 2015

Dear sisters, please keep me in prayer today. since yesterday I can't seem to stop crying. I'm not sure what's going on. love, Jean

• Blessedteacher37
    edited March 2015

Change of prayer request..

My husband just got a call from the Imaging Center...they want to do an MRI instead of CT scan...goes In Monday instead of tomorrow...he is really concerned now, wondering if the doctor saw a red flag with his blood work. All of us ladies have been thru the "waiting game" so I'm trying to stay positive and encouraging. But...I'm concerned too.

With this change of test, I will have to reschedule my visit to my mom's by a day. I have mentioned before that she doesn't take changes well, but add to that her attitude towards my husband, satan may throw a few darts in the discussion. I'm praying against that too.

Thanks for your prayers....Elle

• She-Angel
    She-Angel Member Posts: 97
    edited March 2015

Hello ladies, it is good to play catch up on posts. I have been so exhausted lately, but I have been pushing to get some things done around the office as Friday will be my last day until the doc clears me to come back. I made a conscious decision to attend one meeting on Monday that is half a day and then I am resting up until surgery on Thursday. I did not want to go into surgery feeling this tired. Not worried a bit, God has put this calming spirit on me which I am loving. It's nice to feel taken care of. I hope you all are doing well and continuing to trust in God and his will for us. I continue to pray for us.

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited March 2015

Dear Sweet Becky, I had posted with her for a long time!! May those who knew her find peace and comfort knowing how much She loved the Lord!! She is now basking in His Love!!! Blessings to you all!!

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited March 2015

My husband made it through two phases of the interview process, but they filled the position. They did encourage him to keep applying for other positions. We are good either way. We asked that if we we're not supposed to move now, than to not let him be selected. He answered us. Who knows what the future holds. I think it would be easier on my grandson, if it were to happen, to happen after he starts school and becomes involved with more kids and activities. He's such a smart little thing. I know all grandmas think their grand kids are, but honestly, how many kids know that a haberdashery is a place where they make a special hat just for you? Or when pretend cooking for you ask for lemon pepper, almond milk and a whisk. lol A 5 year old foodie!

I've joined the gym that opened near our home. I can do 30 minutes on a treadmill no sweat, but put me on an elliptical and after 5 minutes I'm about ready to have a heart attack. Today I made it 25 minutes! The last five minutes weren't pretty, and I probably won't be able to walk tomorrow, but I did it! Hopefully, it will help my poor little bones and my arthritis. I have a bone scan in May. I'm hoping for at least no additional bone loss. My 85 year old MIL is in better shape than I am, God bless her. :-)

Blessings

• saltyjack
    saltyjack Member Posts: 326
    edited March 2015

Ladies, I read the thread every day but don't post often....no real excuse....but I surely do remember you all in prayer because I know just what you're going through. The wilderness God led me through on my journey from Egypt/cancer encompassed just about everything you're going through now (I joke with my friend who had lung cancer cured by surgery that she must be alot faster learner than me because her wilderness was much shorter!). Ellen, praying for you and your husband this weekend - I've said so many times that the waiting is the hardest part. At least whenever you know what the problem is, you can start working on treating it. Jean, praying for you, too - you and your husband have had such a roller coaster ride these past few weeks and I know you're facing rads in the near future.

Nancy, praying for you and the SE from arimidex - hope you can start getting some more sleep and that you can take care of everything for your mom. Keep up the beautiful photography - isn't it time for you to post some more pictures?

She, praying for you with surgery coming so soon. Hope you'll find like most of us that surgery is easy-peasy compared to chemo!

love you ladies - Bev

• Tobycc
    edited March 2015

blessings to all of my sisters.

Char, how sweet to let us know. I think it is vital to take time off from things and just focus on him. If you feel called to, please check in. Prayers for your adventure with Him

Jean: so sorry: but I firmly believe crying can be good for the soul: let it all out: as someone said you have been through the ringer.

Ellen, covering you and She in prayer

Nancy, gotta find that magic halfway solution. Is there an AI thread on here that is helpful? Continued prayers dear friend

Sleep well lades

K

• Vicks1960
    Vicks1960 Member Posts: 393
    edited March 2015

Jean, I have been told that there are healing hormones in our tears... Let them flow!!!