thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited March 2015

The church picture is of our hioric sanctuary. There is a new bigger one on the property since our congregation has grown a lot over the past 10 yrs. The church itself dates back to pre-revolution days and the historic sactuary is still used, just not for Sunday services. God is so good. Our lead pastor is the one who counciled my husband 6 yrs ago when he finally surrendered to Jesus. Love, Jean

• Jerseygirl927
    Jerseygirl927 Member Posts: 260
    edited March 2015

prayers fr all our sisters out there, tomorrow is Palm /Sunday, Jesus is riding into town to be led to the slaughter, I lift up my prayers, side effects, pain and all that I can give Him to use for the healing of this world and our sisters in cancer. Jesus I trust in You. Amen

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited March 2015

I just finished seeing God is Not Dead. I was happy to see it was on Netflix. It is awesome. I am glad Jerseygirl and Ellen mentioned it. Loved it. I would third their recommendation to see it.

Have a good night and I hope you all can make it to church tomorrow if you are able.

Love,

Nancy

• FridayGirl
    FridayGirl Member Posts: 137
    edited March 2015

Hello ladies, just checking in because I haven't posted for a while. I am over the 'flu now but still have problems with diarrhoea caused by the Perjeta, and am currently juggling with Tylex, a drug whose side effects are constipation, to try and get some sort of balance in my life. The problem is that from one day to the next I can't see any signs of whether the diarrhoea will come back tomorrow or not, it is very difficult to plan to do anything while I am on this treatment.

Lucy, I was on Xeloda in 2010 when I was first diagnosed. I did have trouble with diarrhoea back then, and made sure that I stayed close to a bathroom for an hour after every meal. On the other hand, Becky was on Xeloda last year and it caused so much constipation for her that she had to come off the drug - there is no telling how you will react to it. As you said in your post, God will meet the needs of those who honour Him, so I am sure you will be given plenty of advice on how to deal with the side effects. That is the advantage of having a drug that has been around for some time, the side effects are known and plenty of people will be able to help you.

Ellen, sorry to hear about Fonnie going into hospice. There is no way of knowing how long she will be in hospice for, so just keep praying for her and that you will have another chance to see her. I hate this disease so much, it separates us from our friends and loved ones. I have to remember that everything that happens is part of God's plan, and all will come right in the end.

Debbie

• SpiritBlessing
    SpiritBlessing Member Posts: 552
    edited March 2015

Hi ladies,

Woke from a sound sleep and can't go back there...ugh😟. Debbie when you were on Xeloda did you experience the soreness in your hands/palms and bottom of your feet? I believe they also mentioned skin may peel on hands and feet too. How long were you on it? How many pills a day were you on? I was supposed to have diareah with the Erlotinib pill I was on too and I never got it. I had the constipation with the Avastin. Was on stool softeners and senekot at night to get me through. I found a good balance so I am sure it will be the same.

Vicks your I. My home town area as I am from Albuquerque, New Mexico. Enjoy your trip.

Mags what a special treat you wi have at church. I went to a Women Of Faith conference years ago and she was one of the guest and she brought me to tears. I loved her songs and her voice is amazing.

We saw the movie God Is Not Dead when it first came out and it was awesome. I read somewhere that there is another Christian faith movie coming out soon too. So glad they are showing more of them as our society sure needs it.

Well off to try and sleep again...more tomorrow. Hope you're all able to go to church to refuel for the week. We are headed home tomorrow from our camping trip and will have worship/church in the truck on our way home. God is so good.

Lucy

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited March 2015

Lucy, I too have insomnia tonight and can't get back to sleep. I have not seen the movie God is not dead -- I will have to watch it tomorrow. I have been watching the Bible series on Netflix. It is pretty good. Have a safe trip home and a wonderful worship/church on your way home.

• SpiritBlessing
    edited March 2015

Morning Sisters,

Today is Palm Sunday so enjoy the weeks devotionals. Blessings to all of you today.

Daily Devotional

Palm Sunday: The Bewildering Call of God

God called Jesus Christ to what seemed absolute disaster. And Jesus Christ called His disciples to see Him put to death, leading every one of them to the place where their hearts were broken. His life was an absolute failure from every standpoint except God's. But what seemed to be failure from man's standpoint was a triumph from God's standpoint, because God's purpose is never the same as man's purpose.

This bewildering call of God comes into our lives as well. The call of God can never be understood absolutely or explained externally; it is a call that can only be perceived and understood internally by our true inner-nature. The call of God is like the call of the sea—no one hears it except the person who has the nature of the sea in him. What God calls us to cannot be definitely stated, because His call is simply to be His friend to accomplish His own purposes. Our real test is in truly believing that God knows what He desires. The things that happen do not happen by chance—they happen entirely by the decree of God. God is sovereignly working out His own purposes. If we are in fellowship and oneness with God and recognize that He is taking us into His purposes, then we will no longer strive to find out what His purposes are. As we grow in the Christian life, it becomes simpler to us, because we are less inclined to say, "I wonder why God allowed this or that?" And we begin to see that the compelling purpose of God lies behind everything in life, and that God is divinely shaping us into oneness with that purpose. A Christian is someone who trusts in the knowledge and the wisdom of God, not in his own abilities. If we have a purpose of our own, it destroys the simplicity and the calm, relaxed pace which should be characteristic of the children of God.

Read Luke 18:31 and 18:34

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited March 2015

Good Afternoon, Warriors;

Just returning from a wonderful morning of worship. Our choir program went really well, and my DH saw the congregation worshipping along, in various ways. I praise God for His guidance in preparing this program. Our church is a small one, and had given up on a choir for several years until we were called there. In five years they've gone from a special once a month to a full fledged program each Christmas and Easter, in addition to singing for special services other than Sundays. With a director who knows nothing about directing, it has to be the power of God!

More blessings...the church member with the brother who had transplant surgery announced this morning that he is up and walking and will be moved out of ICU soon. He has had a lot of complications and other procedures since his transplant and his progress has been s-l-o-w. Much celebration and tears with that announcement.

I am thankful to Jesus for giving His Life to provide us salvation from sin. Given the evil in this world today, the fact that He loves ALL of us is grace beyond my comprehension. Praising Him for healing, peace and the confidence He has given me. Praying for all of you as you worship Him this day, whether at church or at home, resting.

Blessings and God's peace..Ellen

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited March 2015

Blessed Sunday dear sisters!

thankful for so many many things. Today I am thankful for a perfect weekend. Rest from a very long week, time with DH, amazing sermon at church, and DH went with me! He does not go often, and it is not a fight for us. He believes, has had mixed reactions from different churches. But it was really nice to have hiim there today.

I am thankful we have a 5th service at 10:45 which is held in our fellowship hall. It is a contemporary service, with the sermon fed from the 8 a.m. service. I think DH felt comfortable there.

I am thankful that this BC journey has led me closer to God, to you all, to my Walk witih Him, and for a new outlook. I am thankful I have the strength and the heart to pray for all of you---- and to help others as my mission at work.

Please know I lift you all up individually: back to watching Esther and then Noahs Ark again on the UP channel. If you get it, it is a great Christian channel.

Gentle hugs and strong love,

Kath

• FridayGirl
    edited March 2015

Hi Lucy,

I can't remember how many pills I took each day, but I do remember that I took the pills daily for two weeks, then had a week off to give my body a rest.  On the final day of the 21 day cycle I went to hospital and had a blood test, and they would use this as a guide to see whether I was ok to begin another cycle.  I was on the treatment for four 21day cycles, and this took place as my final chemo, after four cycles of AC followed by four cycles of Taxol. 

I don't recall having any problems with skin peeling or soreness in my hands or the soles of my feet.  Have they told you how many cycles you will have?  It was explained to me that Xeloda was the mildest treatment of the three chemotherapies that they were giving to me, and that is why they gave it to me at the end of my treatment and not at the beginning.  In fact, it was really just meant as a "belt and braces" action, because they were so sure that the cancer wouldn't come back after the previous two chemotherapies and all of the Herceptin that I would be taking.  I am hoping that, apart from some minor side effects which we all seem to get, you should get off quite lightly with this treatment.

Debbie

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2015

Hello ladies of faith,

I just lost a long post. I even did a Ctrl C and Ctrl V and I still couldn't retrieve it. I will post more tomorrow. Love you all.

Nancy

• Tobycc
    edited March 2015

If your eyes are on the storm

You'll wonder if I love you still

But if your eyes are on the cross

You'll know I always have and always will

"Just be Held" Casting Crowns

Kath

• zjrosenthal
    edited March 2015

Thankful for a restful day with energy to change linens and do laundry. Church was good last night and things have been good with hubby. Long day tomorrow. Early rads appt then down to NYC for herceptin / perjeta. Starting 3rd of 6 weeks of rads. So far things,are going well. Love, Jean

• Jerseygirl927
    Jerseygirl927 Member Posts: 260
    edited March 2015

Watching the palm Sunday movie on EWTN with Raymond burr and Olivia hussy where the blind man is healed, and Jesus road in on a donkey.. I think I was probably about 10 when I saw it first, it will be the crucifixion and all. Many great movies from the 50's and so.

Loving prayers for all BC sisters, and many thanks to our Heavenly Father who continues to allow me a day to thank Him for His great goodness.

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited March 2015

I Love to know You

I praise You for being my Savior and Redeemer, Lord Jesus.

Thank You for having enough love for me and all of human

kind to take our sins upon Yourself. You gave Your life on a

cross made for thieves. How frightening it must have been

to those present when the earth shook and huge rocks shattered.

How glorious then, when people were healed. Even Christians who

died were brought back to life. How grateful I am that You won over

sin and split  the veil in the temple from top to bottom! No longer

believers separated from the holy of Holies. Neither does the

veil keep me from coming directly to You and our Father in prayer.

Death did not keep You in the grip, Instead, You came alive after

three days. Now You are in heaven with our Father. In all ways I

exalt You, Jesus. I praise You for how You also abide in my heart.

Not only are You my Savior, but You are my Friend, my Counselor,

my teacher. Thank You for changing my life. Thank You for providing

hope to my descendants through Your saving grace. I commit to You,

O Lord, May they always know , love and obey You, Lord You are

more them life to me.  ( From Here I am Lord)

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited March 2015

Give Thanks

Give God the praise for miracles,

Give thanks for whom is due,

Its never by happenstance

That good things come to you.

Always have a grateful heart

For all the good He brings,

And you will find that every day

You'll have a heart that sings.

• She-Angel
    She-Angel Member Posts: 97
    edited March 2015

I thank Jesus for my life, my worries, my sorrows, for telling me yes and telling me no, for guiding me to places I never knew I would need and for placing folks in my path that would help me on the journey. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

• mema4
    mema4 Member Posts: 484
    edited March 2015

I am thankful today that my daughter and her DH is raising their family in church. My four grandchildren live in a Christian home and live by Christian values. I have always enjoyed watching them teach each baby how to pray at the table, how to learn their verses and be part of their church activities, especially Family church camp! Oh, they have so much fun there!  Today, my daughter sent me this picture of their "Seder Meal" that she and the other women prepared for the church dinner tonight in celebration of Passover. I'm so thankful she is involved like this. Only through the grace of God as I was a divorced parent for six years on our own and in and out of church. Lord, I am so thankful!

Love to all of you, sweet dreams and blessings, Polly

• zjrosenthal
    edited March 2015

Today I thank Jesus for my oldest son David driving me to rads then to NYC for my infusions. Jesus he needs you, please save him. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2015

Ladies I have an urgent prayer request. I thought my back was better but I knew it wasn't 100 %. I was just getting ready to go swimming and my back went into spasm. I am in so much pain. I am trying everything I know to do. It is much worse than it was before. I would appreciate your prayers. I have a long class Tuesday night and I am supposed to be leaving for my mom's on Thursday. I need a miracle.

Love,

Nancy

• SpiritBlessing
    edited March 2015

Nancy, I just lifted you in prayer...God we ask for this miracle that we all know you can do for Nancy.  Lord you can move mountains and so we ask to just move this small one for Nancy, Father God.  We trust and believe in you and love you so much Lord.  THank you for all you do in our lives...In Jesus MIGHTY NAME we Pray...Amen...and AMEN!!!

There was a reason God tugged on my heart to check the board...love you Nancy...Lucy

• saltyjack
    saltyjack Member Posts: 326
    edited March 2015

me too, Lucy! I got out the notebook to do something else and just decided to check the thread. Dear Nancy, I'll be praying that your pain goes quickly away so that you can get to your class tonight and then prepare for the trip to your mom's house. Father,please surround Nancy with your love, strength and power right now!

Bev

• FridayGirl
    edited March 2015

Nancy, just lifted you up in prayer.  The Lord knows all of your needs, He is always with you so knows exactly what you are going through and I trust him completely to take away your pain.  Please let us know how you get on.

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2015

Thank you ladies for all the prayers. I have been resting with a heating pad. I would appreciate your continued prayers as I don't tolerate pain meds so that presents some obvious problems.

Love,

Nancy

• SpiritBlessing
    edited March 2015

Praying every time I am thinking of you Nancy...xo

• Tobycc
    edited March 2015

Oh Nancy: go to the ER. they can give you a shot right into the spasm and you should tolerate it. I had it down after an accident. Did not affect me mentally as it really relaxed the muscle.

this is heavy on my heart that you go.

Hugs

Kath

• zjrosenthal
    edited March 2015

Just prayed for Nancy. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2015

Believe it or not it had not occurred to me to go to the ER. In the past I have had my chiropractor and muscle therapist to work with. I had carryout delivered to the house because I didn't feel like fixing anything. After eating I was really nauseated so that just added to the problem. I saw Kath's post and email and decided to go to my medical groups immediate care. I knew going to my ER would be an all night and into the morning affair and I was too sick to do that. I knew they closed at 10 and I got there at 8:15pm. They said the doctor is all booked up for the night. What??????????????? They said we can make you an apt for the morning. I decided not to make an apt and see how I feel. I am some better tonight but still feel sick. I had felt very lightheaded and sort of dizzy this morning so who knows what is going on.

Thanks for your prayers. I still need them.

Today I am thankful for praying sister warriors.

Love you all,

Nancy

• mema4
    mema4 Member Posts: 484
    edited March 2015

Lifting our dear Nancy up in prayer for healing.  Please be seen somewhere tomorrow, nausea and pain is worrisome.  Gentle hugs to you

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited March 2015

Nancy, I just lifted you in prayer and will continue to lift you up in prayer.

Father God we come before You on behalf of our sister Nancy. Asking that You first strengthen her and relieve her pain with Your Healing power. We know that You are Jehovah Rapha the God that heals. We ask that You guide the doctor's and medical teams hands when Nancy goes In for her appt. We stand in the gap and ask that You our Lord God Almighty move on her behalf to allow her to be in no pain as she prepares for her trip to her mother's. Remove all obstacles as we know only You can do. We thank and praise You Oh Lord in advance for you are the Father that provides our Jehovah Jireh. We thank You for pain relief, a restful night and most of all peace and comfort for our dear sister Nancy. This we ask and pray In Jesus Name. Amen