thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited June 2015

Jo and Anita, praying for you. Jo posting your results isn't selfish at all. How else can we hold each other up in prayer? ADJ pain and fatigue are my buzzwords lately. I should be feeling upbeat since my mamo was negative and most of my treatment is over but for some reason I am feeling very discouraged. Had a talk with hubby about our growing old. It just seemed to happen so suddenly. I am feeling like this is the way I am going to be physically and I'll never get stong again. I know this will pass and my mood will lighten. It's just so slow. One day feeling positive, then it feels like going backward the next. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited June 2015

Hey ladies,

Having some computer issues and have been trying to get on here for a long time. If you don't hear from me tomorrow you will know why.

Anita, my heart goes out to you. I have said this many times. I wish I could wave my magic wand and take all of this away for you. I do pray for you lots even when you are not posting. I will definitely be praying for you as you wait to get your scan results tomorrow. Know that the Lord is in complete control and He is right there every step of the way with you. Let us know how it goes if you can.

Joanne, you know I am praying and believing that these suspicious spots will turn out to be nothing serious. Praying that the process moves as quickly as possible for you as it seems you have been spending a lot of timing waiting for results lately. I know how difficult that is. Hang in there dear sister.

Jean, I think this ride is full of emotional ups and downs and I think that accepting that is the first step knowing that many others are and have experienced similar ups and downs. I know it has been pretty discouraging for me lately having one thing after another that has sidelined me. I am still trusting in the Lord and I have to realize that my human emotions have nothing to do with my faith in the Lord. He created us with human emotions knowing we would experience the gamut of them here on this earth. I do believe that all of these things work for our good in the end if we trust Him to take over our lives. I pray that you will feel better soon.

Ellen, not sure if you came home today or tomorrow but praying for you nonetheless. Will continue to pray for DIL and son and his safety in his commute.

Kath, one more treatment for you. YIPPPEEEE

Joanne, thanks. My special bird camera is actually one I bought at the recommendation of another BCO friend I met on the photography thread. She was into the camera with all the lens and now that she has neuropathy and is a bit older than I she ended up going with a 50x zoom camera that doesn't change lens. Her bird pics are beautiful and I asked her last summer what camera she was using. I bought one last summer.  I was in a quandary. I knew i had to go with long and heavy expensive lens to get close up for bird photography. I knew my neck problems would never allow for heavy lens and I wasn't sure what the answer was. I have my fancy camera with all the lens and then I have now a much smaller and lightweight camera that can zoom in close for birds so I call it my bird camera.

You are all always in my heart and my prayers.

Have a restful night. Those who are waiting for results I pray for perfect peace and sleep tonight.

Love,

Nancy

• SpiritBlessing
    SpiritBlessing Member Posts: 552
    edited June 2015

Anita, I had you on my mind on my way home from work yesterday and today at lunch.  I prayed both times and wanted to call you.  I am praying for you daily and will continue too as well.  I know it is not easy and we have fear at times but we must trust in the Lord and His plans for us.  God is with us and will always be by our side every step of the way.  And on days like this He is carrying us every step of the way.  Know we are lifting you in prayer and we pray for peace and comfort through the night and tomorrow. 

Jo, will be praying for you as well my dear sister.  It has been a tough journey at times for all of us and we know this is our new normal for many of us.  We must keep our faith and believe and trust in our God.  There are reasons for our trials and this has been on my heart for the past week that we need to give our Lord all the glory and trust Him.

Yes Isaiah 41:10 is a great verse, as you see below in my profile it is the one verse God put on my heart from the first week I was dx and it means so much to me.  Hold onto every word and trust Him!

I just want you to know I think the world of all of you and thank God many times that He led me here to you wonderful ladies and sisters of faith.  Know I am sending you all love and hugs and prayers...Lucy

• ADJ
    ADJ Member Posts: 203
    edited June 2015
    Nancy and Joanne and Lucy,

And to all those prayer warriors who haven't had time to write, I am practicing an attitude of gratitude, I really am, I don't mean to come across as ungrateful for all the Lord has done for me. Goodness it w as 12 or more years ago that the radiologist showed me micro calcification that should and were biopsied. I am even grateful for this IPad that plays with my type and loses my posts. lol

I am comfortable as if we were all sitting in a circle, holding hands, and praying.

Love across the mikes,

Anita
  • SpiritBlessing
    edited June 2015

If God Is For You, Who Can Be Against You?

When the Almighty God is your loving Father and you are His beloved, what fears can you have? Fear of the future? Fear of sickness? Fear of death? Beloved, when you have a revelation of how much God loves you and that He sees you completely righteous by the blood of Jesus Christ, all your fears will dissipate, for if God is for you, who or what can be against you? What sickness can come against you and successfully bring you down? So look away from your circumstances and call out without fear to your Father. He loves you and will never condemn you! Feed on His everlasting love for you and receive your healing from Him!

• ADJ
    edited June 2015

amen, amen.

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited June 2015

Anita, Jo, special prayers all day for you special ladies:  I have a good feeling about results.  My tumor marker CA score was 14, well below 40, and I finished Rads this morning!  did not see the doc as he was running late and I had to get to work, but am done!

Prayers, gratitude, and pure thankfulness for all of you and your support

Kath

• ADJ
    edited June 2015

ct results...stable, so the xeloda did nothing. So on to iv havalen.

Perfect love casts out all fear.

Love across the miles,

Anita

• cchix49
    cchix49 Member Posts: 23
    edited June 2015

Amen..I needed at

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2015

Hey ladies,

I was starting to post a long time ago and my neighbor came over and she is only 32. She is scared out of her mind because she is waiting to schedule a diagnostic mammogram. I just let her talk for a very long time. I didn't offer much help but she just needed to unload. So I am just now getting on here.

Anita, I love Lucy's post about fear. I am praying for you dear sister. I know this is not the results that you had hoped for. We will certainly be praying for you to have victory over fear and to trust that the Lord knows exactly what he is doing. We will be praying for this next treatment plan. Hugs from cyberspace dear one.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2015

CONGRATULATIONS TO KATH. SHE IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PARTY TIME. TN HERE SHE COMES  WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PTL for getting her through a long journey.

• mema4
    mema4 Member Posts: 484
    edited June 2015

Lucy, your words mean so much. Everyone's prayers are appreciated. My appointment went fine and I'm good till December! Have some fat necrosis but who doesn't if you fat transferred?  Anyway, on the emotional side, my DH is working overtime keeping my spirits lifted and boy can I tell my prayer warriors are hard at work! I was headed for a panic attack yesterday, in tears driving to the doctor's office, when all of a sudden it just lifted. Hard to explain. But I know when prayer is touching me. So, I thank all of you dearly. That situation has not changed, so painful but my anger is not raging as it was and that is good. Not having access to my babies is excruciating but if they are dandy then I'll deal with it someway.

I pray for each one of your posts as I read it, so much easier for me to focus on you individually that way. I hear so much positivity with you ladies. I think it is collective spirituality. God's children are so strong when together, even virtual. Love and hugs and good day to everyone!

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited June 2015

Lucy, an on time word for me! Amen! Amen! Amen. Love how our father works! I had a panic attack yesterday and had to call my Sister. She was such an encouragement. God spoke so directly to me and told me to be anxious for nothing and it is time to cast down all fear as the battle is not yours it is mine. My story is similar to Mema's, a headache set in, i was hyperventilating and crying. I had to leave work and by the time I headed back to work all fear had lifted. The headache subsided as quickly as it came on. I told the Lord I know you have those that I know and don't know covering me in prayer. It is awesome when a peace comes over you and you know it is the prayers of the righteous standing in the gap for you at your hour of need!

Mema, agree about the strength in unity!

Debbie (Foots), I get back and saw your messages and thank you, thank you, thank you.

Kath, congrats on being done and that your results were good! PTL.

Anita, praying for you always! Yes, God's love cast out all fear and I prayed that He sends His ministrying Angels to you right now to provide continued comfort and rest as you prepare for this next treatment plan. A ((big virtual Hug)).

All, I am praying for you always and I the intercessory prayer team that I lead specifically calling out your names and we spend time praying for your specific needs. A Thank you Nancy for keeping the prayer list up-to-date.

• zjrosenthal
    edited June 2015

Please pray for me. He is irrational again today. I am not handling it very well. Love, Jean

• mema4
    edited June 2015

Special prayers for you Jean!

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2015

Cchix, just wanted to say welcome to our thread. If you have prayer needs or would like to share feel free to jump in. I see you are fairly new to BCO and definitely a newbie as far as posts.

Kath, so tickled your tumor markers were good and so tickled you are done with ALL treatments.

I sent some PM's to some so everyone would realize Kath is DONE and her special post didn't get buried.

Love

Nancy

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited June 2015

Thanks to all of you for your support during these past 9 months. God is Good.

Lady, gratitude for the prayer team praying for us!

Mema, so glad you were/ are able to feel His grace, and our prayers -- made my day

Anita, I don't truly understand how you feel as I have not been in your shoes: but I can continue to lift you up. I know it will take some time to process: when you feel up to it, would love to learn more about the new IV drug so we can be armed with knowledge to support you

Lucy: love love love the post! Glad the feet/ hands are better- PTL!

Jo- continued prayers for you for patience, guidance, and knowing His hand is in all.

Nancy: we all continue to pray for your continued strength: Your hobbies and activities that bring you joy await!

Excerpt from Jesus Calling:

Relax in My Healing, holy Presence. Be still while I transofrm your heart and mind. Let go of cares and worries so that you can receive My Peace. Cease striving, and know that I am God

It is through knowing Me intimately that you become like Me. This requires spending time alone with Me. Let go, relax, be still, and know that I am God

Rest well ladies

Kath

• mema4
    edited June 2015

YAY for Kath!!!!!  Good job!  Loopy

• zjrosenthal
    edited June 2015

I am so angry with my spouse. I just woke up feeling this intense anger. It started to go to anger with God but hope I was able to not let it go there. Now am feeling a lot of doibt. Love, Jean

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited June 2015

Heavenly Father, Please help this wonderful lady Jean with

all she is going through. May You take her doubt and give her

strength and peace. Please let her feel the love that everyone

here has for her. I lift her to You, as You carry her through like

a lost sheep that just got loved by her Master. In Jesus name. Amen

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited June 2015

Amen and Amen! Jean we are lifting you up in prayer

• SpiritBlessing
    edited June 2015

Jean, prayers are going up for you both. The enemy is working overtime...

Congrats Kath!!! Have a blessed rest of the week.

Nancy, glad you're better.

Jesus Calling Devotional

I want to be central in your entire being. When your focus is firmly on Me, My Peace displaces fears and worries. They will encircle you, seeking entrance, so you must stay alert. Let trust and thankfulness stand guard, turning back fear before it can gain a foothold. There is no fear in My Love, whichh shines on you continully. Sit quietly in My Love Light while I bless you with radieant Peace. Turn your whole being to trusting and loving Me.

2 Thessalonians 3:16; 1 John 4:18

Have a blessed day tomorrow and know we are covered in God's love. Lucy

• Vicks1960
    Vicks1960 Member Posts: 393
    edited June 2015

Here are a couple of pictures my granddaughter took of them little memorial plot her dad made for her mom (our daughter). We placed her ashes there this past Monday. Emotional day for all of us. She died last Oct. 31 from Ovarian Cancer.

Vickie

• SpiritBlessing
    edited June 2015

Jesus Calling Devotional for today:

Welcome challenging times as opportunities to trust Me.  You have Me beside you and My Spirit within you, so no set of circumstances is too much for you to handle.  When the path before you is dotted with difficulties, beware of measuring your strength against those challenges.  That calculation is certain to riddle you with anxiety.  Without Me, you wouldn't make it past the first hurdle!

The way to walk through demanding days is to grip My hand tightly and stay in close communication with Me.  Let your thoughts and spoken words be richly flavored with trust and thankfulness.  Regardless of the day's problems, I can keep you in perfect Peace as you stay close to Me.

James 1:2, Philippians 4:13, Isaiah 26:3

Love you all Sisters of Faith...Lucy

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2015

Dear ladies of faith,

Jean, continued prayers for you for peace and wisdom in your situation.

Lucy, prayers that all is going well this time around with Xeloda.\

Anita, praying for complete peace and trust in the Lord as your journey takes another turn. Hang in there dear sister.  

Angie, continued prayers for peace and victory over fear.

Polly, continued prayers for reconciliation dear one.

Debbie (foots), continued prayers for you and Faith. Love you sister.

Kath, praying for a safe and wonderful trip to TN.

Vickie, thank you for sharing your pictures. Leon did a wonderful job honoring Melody. It is a beautiful and special memorial. I am glad you had your memorial service in an intimate setting and I do hope that it brings some closure for all of the family. Continued prayers for you and all of your family.

Ellen, praying that you are getting some much needed rest. Continued prayers for your family in their loss.

Joanne, I am so sorry that you are going through this. Know that we will all be lifting you up during this journey. I pray for continued peace as you wait to have this bone scan and the results. I think a second opinion is a good idea.

Love,

Nancy

• ADJ
    edited June 2015

Dear everyone, I had waited until now to open these notes and prayers. Very good timing, The insurance approval just came through, for noon Fri. I was hosting a prayer group at that time. So, thank you all for standing up and filling in.

I have peace, yet I read the complete ct report and found carcinomatosis mentioned. Yikes!

Peace, peace, coming down from the father above,,,

Love across the miles,

Anita

• mema4
    edited June 2015

Praying for your peace of mind, Anita. That must have been scary for you to read. Know that we will all be praying right along with you. Joanne, I had a mastectomy but with reconstruction. I thought I understood a flap to be a reconstructive option as it's talking about using a "flap" of skin, usually from the back. Will be praying for you too.

I love the pictures of such a peaceful place for family Vickie. So thoughtful of her DH. Prayers for all! Hugs....

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited June 2015

Good morning ladies,

Just finished my talk with the Lord...so many things to pray about today..

Thanks again for the prayers for my family...Sarah is doing well physically, and I think they have so much going on with moving that she doesn't have much time to dwell on "what if..." They still need prayers on decision making...

Please offer up a quick prayer for me today...I had fasting blood work yesterday which ran into lunch time, so I wasnt able to get in any medicines yesterday. I can honestly say I don't remember the last time I had a medication free day....got some good rest last night but I feel like I have jet lag today. I had planned to go back on the Arimedex this morning but slept so late I didn't want to take it in order to sleep tonite. Feeling very unfocused and tired..need to get it together!

Jo,Anita, and everyone looking at test results and changes in treatment...praying for you. For those who are burdened with family issues, praying for you too. I know how your thoughts and prayers have helped me...I just wish people realized how important prayer is. We are battling satan for the prayer lives of many in our congregation...those who don't pick up a prayer list, never attend prayer service, rarely or never attend Bible Study,and seem so disinterested in spiritual growth.

God bless you all...Ellen

• mema4
    edited June 2015

Joanne, praying for you and the scan. My recovery was okay. Having the drains in were the worst and that was for about ten days. I took very little pain medication. My family tells me I wanted the medication shortly after surgery but anesthesia is horrible for me so I don't remember pain of any kind. I took an Ibuprofen here and there but during reconstruction it was worse only on those days I had to be "inflated."  I hate telling you this but I understand the flap is more painful because you have not just your chest to deal with so it's worse getting comfortable. I slept for two weeks in a recliner and off and on for a month. You need to plan ahead for that. So, give yourself plenty of time to recuperate, plus, read up on the kind you are going to have - there are several different ones.  We will all lift you up in prayer. You can get through this. It is doable.

Ellen, I hope you get more rest tonight. I hope everyone does!  Praise be to God.  I thank him everynight for all of you!

• zjrosenthal
    edited June 2015

May Jesus presence and peace be with all you dear ladies this weekend. I believe the worst is over in this attack on my dear hubby and I. Thank you all for your prayers.