thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited June 2015

Thank you, Nancy. I am between my second and third T/C chemo. I live alone and have no family nearby. One of my kids, or a good friend from where I moved from is coming for each treatment, but they leave after a week and, then, I am a lone again. I moved to a new area two years ago for a new job. Now, I have had to leave my job and small here without knowing many people.....certainly no one that I can really lean on. Everyone is busy with their lives. I sometimes feel so alone. My peace comes from knowing thstvGod is with me. It is just so hard. My sister came for my initial surgery and will return again for my second surgery this fall. But, that seems so far away. I just try to get through the days the best I can, but find Injust break down and cry so often. I have always been a good person, lived a Christisn life, worked with developmentally delayed children for many years. No Breast cancer in my family, ate healthy, exercised regularly, and on and on. Anyway, I guess I am rambling....so I will pick myself up and move on

• SpiritBlessing
    SpiritBlessing Member Posts: 552
    edited June 2015

Afternoon Ladies,

CT went without a hitch. Now we pass the time walking around a nearby museum. My CT was at 8:00 and doc appt not till 1:30...ugh!!! Need a quick nap so sitting in my car while DH stays in museum. It's a beautiful day today mid 70's and the drive was ok but took extra long due to traffic, accidents, and the U.S. Open. Lots of people downtown today.

My sunshine thanks for checking in with us. Please pop in as often as you can. We will try and fill that void as best we can. Many of us are here daily so we stay in touch. Sorry you are in a situation where you don't have family around. We will keep you in prayer. I too did not have any breast cancer in my family and was very active and always ate healthy and organic. God has a plan for us and we must trust Him.

More later ladies...have a blessed afternoon. Lucy

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited June 2015

Lucy, I am praying for a great result. Been lifting you up all morning. I am believing with you girl!

Mysunshine, I am glad that you have someone who can take you to your treatments. I know it is hard dealing with things when you don't have family close. I know that the Lord will provide for you. His timing is not always what we would like but I find in those lonely times God uses those times to draw close to Him. I really believe that sometimes He allows us times where there is no one to turn to but Him. I believe He has a plan for each one of us and as we trust Him for every part of our lives we start having that inner peace and joy that can only come from Him. You will get through this time and I pray that you will be stronger as a result of this trial. Hang in there sister.

Love

Nancy

• mema4
    mema4 Member Posts: 484
    edited June 2015

Thanks for that post Nancy. I'll reread it again and again. Still going through some emotional stuff so not posting much. Stay well friends and stay in prayer. Oh yes, our rain is back. We might need Noah soon  Shocked

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited June 2015

Nancy, Lucy, Jo, Mysunshine, mema, thanks for each post today. I get something from each and every one of them.

Lord, please embrace these dear sisters. Surround them with the grace that results in uptmost joy in the littlest things.

Touch everyone with your healing hand-- you know our each and every need.

And Lord, thank you for these sisters.

Rest Well ladies

K

• mysunshine48
    edited June 2015

imageA friend who knew I was having a difficult time a few days ago sent me this, so Imthought Imwould share it.

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited June 2015

Lucy, I am praying for a great result. Continuing to lift you up!

Anita, you have been on my heart the last few days. Praying for you and your DH -- love across the miles.

Love,

Angie

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited June 2015

Nancy, your post on discouragement was right on target. Sunshine, yours too! Discouragement is gone for now. With God's help I am going to stay positive and upbeat. Yesterday we had a lovely time out with a couple from our church. The dear lady has been a friend now for a few years and her hubby and mine connected recently and are starting a nice friendship. Couple friends are so special. A true gift.

The night before I had an awesome God experience. I was trying to connect a new cellphone for hubby and messed it up. I called customer service and the lady fixed the mess I had made quickly and pleasantly. I asked her name. She said her name was Angel! I don't know, but she might actually have been an angel. God even used her to restore all the contacts I had deleted. Amazing grace. Then God convicted me when He again said "Jean, trust Me!". Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2015

Hello ladies,

I know many of us have experienced many, many rainy days in the last few weeks. What I see in my real garden is that the weeds love to take hold if they can. Same with our mind. This verse always serves as a reminder to myself that we have much more control over how our day goes than leaving it only to circumstances.

Phil. 4:8

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

I continue to pray for you each day.

Polly, I am believing for reconciliation for you.

Lucy, praying for a good report.

Kath, praying for extra human strength as you try to fill in the gap for your executive officer. Praying you feel better too.

Mysunshine, I love your banner. We all have to let out the tears, then try to move on as best we can with the Lord's help.

Ellen, haven't heard from you for a while. I hope you are doing okay. I know you have your big trip out west coming up soon.

Jean, glad to hear your phone angel got you out of a pickle. My sister with her new smart phone wasn't so fortunate.

Char, I hope you have a wonderful summer and can work through the tough times that you are going though and celebrate the wonderful positives that your lifestyle change has afforded you.

Angie, continued prayers for peace, strength and stamina in all you do.

Jo, continued prayers for peace going into your June 29 surgery. I continue to pray for pleasant distractions.

Anita, you too have been on my heart. Let us know how we can best pray for you.

I am in the midst of a meds change and my doctor said to expect some unpleasantness for a few days.  I would appreciate your prayers that this new med will do it's job. I have not been feeling very well for while. I have a lunch date with some friends tomorrow and hopefully if I feel up to it plan on attending the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir concert with some friends that night who are going to be at our church.  

Prayers for all today.

Love,

Nancy

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited June 2015

Good evening everyone,

Praying that everyone has had some positive things happen in the last few days. My praise is that my back pain is about gone, and lifting Cal for the last two days didn't make it worse.i took my second dose of Vitamin D today, and hoping to see some evidence of it helping soon. Praising God for a good visit with DIL and Cal. Sarah and I had a good talk last night...I was able to babysit Cal while she ran some errands and got last minute things signedon their apartment. She has packed up almost everything...I ate cereal yesterday from a styrofoam plate...good way to have portion control. Praying that they will get everything moved with little trouble...Stephen's dad and his wife will be helping them some. They will be moving next weekend (while we are away).

Nancy mentioned our trip next week...we are going "out west" to see DH's older children and grandchildren in TX and NM. We haven't been in two years, and although we saw the adult kids when DH lost his brother, we haven't seen the g'kids. Looking forward to a vacation!

Praying for those of you experiencing storms...we are going thru a record heat wave...highs over 100 degrees, even at the ocean. Some areas are getting some rain to help ease the stress on the plants.

May God give you comfort, strength, peace, encouragement, healing, and whatever you need. He has been so good to me! I finished radiation a year ago tomorrow, and have had no problems from that surgery and rads. If I could get this Arimidex under control....!

Love, Ellen

• SpiritBlessing
    edited June 2015

Afternoon Ladies,

Sorry I didn't respond sooner but had some discouraging news yesterday.  So apparently the Xeloda didn't work or do anything but give me sore feet and hands...lol.  The two new lymph nodes are still there and a little larger and one of the lung nodules that was gone popped back up.  She, my MO assures me these are all very small but non the less, back to a more aggressive treatment.  She gave me two options for treatments she wants me to start on 7/6 after a 2 week washout of the Xeloda.  I don't recall the name of the standard drug treatment but there is also a study trial of Eribulin (sp) and they both are weekly infusions of 3 weeks on and 1 week off.  Se's are low blood counts, maybe.  She said some have it some don't and she said I am strong and my blood work is solid now so maybe not.  We won't see until we get it started.  No hair loss on either of them, which is good.  She just wants to knock this back down to where it was so there is continued reduction.  So that is pretty much it and we will be continuing the fight and I will win the battle.  I have an amazing armor I wear proudly and nothing can happen without God's allowing it too.  So when I saw that banner that mysunshine posted yesterday on facebook, I knew that was for me.  Keep the prayers coming and for DH as I know this is harder for him right now than me maybe.

Jean, so glad to hear DH has a friend to share time with.  It's so important for our mental well being to have good friends we can talk with.  I am always telling DH to go to lunch and have coffee with his buddies.

Nancy praying for no unpleasantness with the new meds.

Love you all sisters and thank you all for the prayers as I know it is what helps me be strong...Lucy

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2015

Lucy, I am so sorry treatment didn't do it's intended purpose. I know you are a fighter and you will pick yourself up and move forward with the Lord like you have done in the past. I will be praying for you for wisdom in picking the right treatment. I will pray against the enemy who would love to tell you lies. Keep that armor on and know the Lord is filtering all of this for your good.

Ellen, I am glad to hear your back is better and that you have been able to help Sarah by watching Cal. Do you think the Vit D could be helping your back? I will continue to pray for positive effects from it. Are you making fun of my geography skills. LOL I thought you were going to NM but I couldn't remember the other state so I figured going out west ought to cover it. I will now say going to the South West just to redeem myself! I have continued to pray for both Sarah and Stephen and that this move will be a great new beginning for them and help them in dealing with their loss. I hope you and Clyde have a great time on your trip to visit family.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited June 2015

Lucy, I am sorry for the bad report but know God has something better for you. Your supernatural ability to stay positive is a testimony of encouragement for me. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited June 2015

Lucy, I just know God has something better for you. Your ability to stay positive is such an encouragement for me. Love, Jean

• mysunshine48
    edited June 2015

I have some amazing friends who are helping me through this, even though they do not live close. Here is another post sent to me recently.image

• ADJ
    ADJ Member Posts: 203
    edited June 2015

Good morning to our Lord and each other.

Such a strange combo of issues to deal with. Having trouble using my iPad, probably need to take it in

for troubleshooting. Seems to be available for work this morning! Ok, so last Friday Mike took me in for chemo. Not done, low blood counts plus neutropenia fever. Had an episode of very strange confusion that landed me in the hospital with a stat brain MRI. My gals( I can say that, as most were young in their careers when I was a staff nurse ) anyway, they were Johnny on the spot with assessments, interventions, wheeling me across the street for admission. I cannot recall much if any of this, and 2 days later I was discharged as the MRI was negative.

Too bad for the memory loss, as the dog I was seeing apparently was friendly.

So I seem to have scary side effects with new meds. This is what I anticipate happening. Now I had xeloda for several doses before having a ct scan showed it was not working, so the Lord allowed for beginning Havalen. Now after experiencing scary se after only 1 dose of it. Plus the fact that my mo is on vacation, I belive that today's appt. will be short and sweet with no dose given.

Lucy, what to do, what to do. Should the choice of chemo be up to me? Must we be burdened with such life altering decisions? As it is, my cheeks are fiery red, my mouth was bleeding after mouth care last tonight, my hair is falling out. A couple ladies brought food this week and we had such a fine fellowship in the Lord, prayer shaking the rafters, know what I mean? Oh, how I love Jesus! Surely I have nothing to fear about slipping the gates into paradise.

Love across the miles,

Anita

• zjrosenthal
    edited June 2015

Oh dear Anita, I am so sorry for the difficulties you are having. I am praying for Jesus presence to be very real to you. Love,Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2015

Dear Anita,

My heart is grieved for you for the suffering you are going through. We are here for you whenever you are able to post. I always pray for you and you know the faithful prayer warriors on here. You will be supported in prayer. You are amazing that you can still have a sense of humor in your suffering. The Lord put this on my heart to share with you so I am going to put in this link.

You will probably see a bunch of options and the one I felt was for you is the George Beverly Shea one in the left hand corner in the second or third row. After hearing him sing if you keep it playing there is a short and funny clip of conversation with him as well.

Please let us know how we can best pray for you and for your family. Know we are praying. I will put the link below. God Bless You dear Anita.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=how+great+thou+art&FORM=VIRE9#view=detail&mid=BF5BFF820D11DAD378B7BF5BFF820D11DAD378B7

Love,

Nancy

• SpiritBlessing
    edited June 2015

Anita my dear sister...I was praying for you on my way home from work today. I left at noon as I just didn't have it in me to be there any longer. So I came home to do some housework...lol. My kind of therapy as I was not in the mood for retail therapy...lol. Anita you were on my heart and in my head so prayers for you all the way home for 30 min. The listening to my bible app and I felt at peace with all on our plates. So glad to hear from you and I know what you mean about that level of prayer. It is awesome to be in His presence and just feel Him and the Holy Spirit all around you...PRAISE GOD!!!

Hope all are doing well and looking forward to a weekend. We will have our DD and GD and SIL for brunch and she is making it all. She is past her sickness thank God! So I am going to let her cook for us. Please pray for her to have a softened heart for our afflictions and to be more supportive of our needs.

Thank you all for continued prayers and know I pray daily for you all and I am so blessed to have you all in my life...love across the miles...Lucy

Had to add this from today's Jesus Calling

I and the firm foundation on which you can dance and sing and celebrate My Presence. This is My high and holy calling for you; receive it as a precious gift. Glorifying and enjoying Me is a higher priority than maintaining a tidy, structured life. Give up your striving to keep everything under control - an impossible task and a waste of precious energy. My guidience for each of my children is unique. That's why listening to me is so vital to your well being. Let me prepare you for the day that awaits you and point you in the right direction. I am with you continually, so don't be intimidated by fear. Though it stalks you, it cannot harm you, as long as you cling to my hand. Keep your eyes on Me, enjoying Peace in My Presence.

Psalm 5:11; Ephesians 3:20-21; Joshua 1:5

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2015

• zjrosenthal
    edited June 2015

Good morning sweet sisters in Christ. I pray all here have a restful weekend and sense His presence. I had my cleaning lady yesterday and I have a pristine master bath. While she did that, I managed to clear my nightstand and one corner of our bedroom. She got all the accumulated dust and cobwebs from the rafters and did a thorough vacuming. Slowly my very large home is getting in order. Still lots of knee and hip pain. Going down for my herceptin/perjeta infusion on Monday. Love, Jean

• mysunshine48
    edited June 2015

Beautiful picture......beautiful words!

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited June 2015

Agreed, sunshine!

Anita, my words come from the heart. I can only speak from experience. When I was first diagnosed I had a long meeting with God. At the end, I promised my DH that I would walk through this journey with God and grace. One reason I did not share with the public.

YOU my dear sister walk with His grace daily. It literally emanates from you. I honestly believe you and He will come up with the answer together. I am truly sorry about the news. Please please know you and Lucy are on my mind and in my prayers daily.

Sunshine, I cannot imagine going through this alone, although I know there are sisters on here who have, and who will share their coping skills with you. If you have a support group, friend nearby, rreach out!

Jean, please send your cleaning lady. Please. :)

Jo, how are you doing?

Foots? Moving weekend She?

Everyone have a restful weekend with The Lord. and know I am praying

Love

Kath

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2015

Have a wonderful day to all the ladies of faith. Happy Father's Day.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited June 2015

Toby, I'm sure she would love a trip to Florida. Just send the plane tickets and I'll come along too! Teehee.

Wishing all our fathers and hubby/fathers a Happy Fathers Day. Also to our heavenly perfect Father God. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2015

Jean, maybe she could hit Illinois on her way to Florida!

These are some of my backyard regulars. I think I need to name the little toad since he or she seems to appear every time I am eating at my dining room table. I feel a friendship formingHappy.

Have a great evening and I hope all the Fathers out there have felt all the appreciation they deserve.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited June 2015

Gee I'll have to tell her to prepare for a circuit around the USA! Actually it was at our meeting with pastor that he suggested getting some help. We can afford it and it was really needed. Wish I could share her dear ladies. The family met at a local Asian place for Fathers Day. My hubby was delighted. He loved seeing everyone and his nice gifts. My great granddaughter is getting so big. Grandson likes his new summer job. Thanks for your prayers. God is good. Love, Jean

• She-Angel
    She-Angel Member Posts: 97
    edited June 2015

Hi Ladies, welcome Fastwalker, this group has really kept me grounded in this worldwind of being on Planet Cancer. I was lead here by another praying woman who saw I needed some God fearing, praying women. First of all whatever choice God leads you to will be the right one for you and peace will follow it no matter what the doctors say or think. I myself chose the chemo first because I had an aggressive form of cancer that when detected early responds well to chemo. They removed 5 suspicious lymph nodes that tested negative, however in the back of my mind was but what if. My chemo meds which are listed in my profile not only shrunk the tumor it made it disappear, so in my mind I felt that of any got out it killed that too because we could see it worked but of course i had to take those awful side effects with it. I chose a double mastectomy because I did not want to feel that dreaded fear every 3 months when I went back and I thought at my current age and fitness level I could put up a good physical fight against the bad SE's of chemo and that kind of surgery.

One of my best girlfriends had a similar diagnosis as you but with no lymph node involvement. She had surgery double mastectomy and has to take the blockers. She was borderline with her numbers but her MO who she recommended to me said he felt confident in his reaearch and other patients that was a good option for her. Best of luck, we are praying for you.

Now for the move. We are all done and I will say that the fact my husband is still amongst the living is a testimony to how good God is because after working over on Wednesday evening 3 people, including me who can't lift over 10 pounds moved an entire house. We have effectively moved from a 1657 square foot ranch to a 777 square foot apartment that thanks to the DH not wanting to be on the first floor I have 14 steps plus landing to the front door. But I guess that is a small price to pay for a house that was on the market off an on for 3 years. God worked it out in his time so that we could manage things, with doctor trips and surgery it worked out that it didn't sell then. Ohh did I mention it has been a 100 degrees in the shade here for a week an another to come this week....what a week I am currently on the deck having a hot flash that is tenfold due to a glass of white wine that tends to make it worse. We can only laugh and keep moving. Once I stop sweating profusely I may walk across the street to the sushi bar. Happy Sunday ladies.

• zjrosenthal
    edited June 2015

BYW ladies, speaking of getting help...I found a local supermarket that delivers groceries for a very small fee $7.00. I plan to take advantage of this service for our once a week big grocery shopping. The delivery man took the groceries up to our deck and placed them on the kitchen counter where all I needed to do was unpack and put them away. You can place the order and pay online! God provides. Love, Jean

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited June 2015

Yes, yes, yes, please send her to Ohio. JO-5, stay away from that ironing board!!!!! Good grief, I leave you for what, a year or so, and here you go trying to iron - NO!

Okay, okay, hello everyone, those who were here when I used to post, faithful to this thread, and those who are new but still my Sisters-in-Christ. I have continued to think of you and my corporate prayers continue. So happy to come once again and I have Kindegarten to thank for that. I met her a few days ago with a group of BCo sisters that I joined on a trip to CA and it was great fun. Kindegarten is a very special, graceful, amazing practicing Christian lady and I'm so blessed to have gotten to know her in person.

Sending prayers and blessings to each of you.