thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• SpiritBlessing
    SpiritBlessing Member Posts: 552
    edited June 2015

Hi Sister Warriors,

Just been outside all morning and working in the yard. Nothing major trust me as my hands and feet are an little sore. But we are having nice weather so just enjoying our home and puttering around. I had an urge to check in so came in to warm up some lunch for DH and I and popped in to say Hi. Praying all are well and just remember God is with us and we must be strong through these trials. I know I have to remind myself daily. I was bummed when my feet and hands starting hurting last night. I went 5 days this time with out soreness. Got to get through tomorrow then a week of healing again.

Thanks for the prayers. Prayers for our little Gidget as we are waiting to hear if she has diabetes. Poor baby I know she is not well and tired and drinking a ton of water and peeing a lot and before she can make it out her doggie door and panting. Poor old girl. I read at 14 she is 84 in dog years.

Well lunch is ready and take comfort knowing you're all in my prayers. Blessings Abundant...

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited June 2015

Good morning ladies,

I have been feeling some impressions from the Lord and I would like to share them with you. I have watched this thread go through many different times over the past several months. I have watched us come together in prayer to support one another and that is such a beautiful and precious gift from the Lord. I also know that when we go through dark times it is easy to isolate ourselves which from my experience only makes things feel darker. I heard a sermon from a well respected and well known pastor about David encouraging himself in the Lord a few weeks ago and it really did have an impact on me.
    This pastor talked about his own photography and how that was one way he encouraged himself in the Lord. I had really never thought of encouraging yourself in the Lord as being something like that.

The Philippians chapter 4 has been on my heart as well especially v.8-9 which is in bold type below.

We have had days of gratitude in the past and I would like to propose that we do this for a time.

THE JOYS OF SUMMER

I know that some of you are going through a very difficult time and I think sharing what gives us joy will hopefully give everyone a smile and encourage your heart.

One of my joys of summer is being able to open my patio door while I am eating breakfast and appreciate the silence of the morning and listen to the birds sing and watch them on my feeders and in my birdbath.

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

God bless you all today.

Love,

Nancy

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited June 2015

My joy of summer is the sounds of birds in the early morning, and the smell of freshly cut grass.

Ellen

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited June 2015

One of my joys of summer is hummingbirds. Love, Jean

• She-Angel
    She-Angel Member Posts: 97
    edited June 2015

Hi Lady Warriors, just a quick peep in to see what everyone is battling with to add it to my prayers. I continue to pray for us. I find that I have no time for anything right now or energy (I feel you Kath), the house is in the last stages of the selling process...I guess. I have never sold one before and it seems very lengthy they sent us a repair sheet yesterday and want to close on the 18th. We have not found a new place, so we are packing to move into a 1 bedroom apartment to save money and not be wasteful of the savings so we can search for the forever condo/townhouse. We are getting a discount on the apartment because they want courtesy officers as a safe place to stay selling point and my husband can park his car there for high visibility and I can scoot home for lunch as it is close to the office. With all that said I am packing and purging from living in a 3 bedroom ranch for 13 years, my husband is on a rotating shift and I have to be mindful not to make boxes over 10 lbs so I can at least lift them. I still wake up between 2:30-3:30 every night. I am so use to moving at warp speed that packing at this pace is wearing me out and with one sister very pregnant and the other one with a bum shoulder right now, I don't have any help, all my work out ladies are in competitions for the summer and are here sporadically, but even as I type this I remind my self to count it all joy.

Thank you God for allowing me to check in with my group today, thank you for letting the computer actually work as I have been locked out, thank you for this hot flash that I am currently having as it makes me smile as I know we all suffer with different SE's, thank you for the buyers for the house, thank you for giving me discretion to know that surrounding myself with like minded Christians will lift me up even when I am tired and worn out, thank you for all the challenges you have seen me through and the ones yet to come. Love you ladies, I continue to see his work everyday as he places people in my path.

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2015

One of my joys of summer is planting flowers. I hope to do a little of that today. I am cutting way back this summer again but have bought some pre planted containers that have spruced up my patio and front porch.

Lucy, I hope you are doing okay. I have missed seeing your posts and hope your SE's haven't reared their ugly head again.

She, good to hear from you. I pray that the house deal goes as smoothly as possible and that you can find someplace to stay when it is time.

Jean, praying for a peaceful week for you.

Joanne, praying for peace for you for your decisions and for your bone scan on Wed.

Kath, hope you are enjoying TN with your family and aren't working too hard.

Ellen, praying for a good week for you.

I hope to get an updated prayer list this week so everyone can be included.

Praying for all of you.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited June 2015

Jo...Asking for God's clear direction in all of this dear lady. He opens doors no one can shut and shuts doors no one can open. Amen. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited June 2015

Hubby and I had a good weekend and a good but difficult talk today. We see our pastor tomorrow at 3pm EST. Prayers appreciated. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2015

Joanne, know we will all be praying for you during this difficult time. I am so glad you have your plastic surgeon apt already in place for tomorrow. Praying for a clear bone scan for Wed. Hang in there. I know this long wait has NOT be fun. The Lord is with you every step of the way.

Jean, I will certainly be praying for your apt with your pastor tomorrow. I am glad you had a talk with DH today.

I appreciate all of your prayers for me. I think I have recovered from shingles and was able to work in my yard for the first time today. I feel like I am behind the eight ball at this point as our growing season is short and I am late starting but I am trying my best to give this all to the Lord and not be overwhelmed at how awful my yard looks right now.

Have a good night everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2015

Joanne,

I guess if someone walks by my place and I am outside and they asked where are all the flowers I will just say I am just taking care of the old lady who lives here! LOL

I am praying for you.

Love,

Nancy

• SpiritBlessing
    edited June 2015

Hi Ladies,

Nancy, I know how you feel and I think many of us are going through that. This past weekend was the first I atually felt like I wanted to do anything in the yard. I was very hot this past weekend in the 90's and it is just too warm but we had to do it. So DH and I took it slow and easy and took many breaks and got a lot done. God blessed us both with energy and stamina on Saturday. Sunday after church we spent the day with another christian couple and spent the day on a drive and just enjoyed the weather and lunch and dinner out and drove to some nearby towns and got home by 9:00 and we were both pooped. It was still very warm so sleeping was rough. Glad you have recovered from shingles, that does not sound like fun at all.

Jo, so sorry you have to go through this waiting game. It is so hard and we all know. I have my CT scan on the 17th to see how my Xeolda is doing so I am praying for good results...Thank you Lord for your healing, in Jesus name. I love hearing when folks just pray and leave it in God's hands. Here is the devotional from yesterday that is appropriate for us today:

I am all around you, like a cocoon of Light. My Presence with you is a promise, in dependent of your awareness of Me. Many things can block this awareness, but the major culprit is worry. My children tend to accept worry as an inescapable fact of life. However, worry is a form of unbelief it is anathema to Me.
    Who is in charge of your life? It it is you, then you have good reason to worry. But since I am in charge, worry is both unnecessary and counterproductive. When you start to feel anxious about something, relinquish the situation to Me. Back off a bit, redirecting your focus to Me. I will either take care of the problem Myself or show you how to handle it. In this world you will have problems, but you need not lose sight of Me.
    Luke 12:22; John 16:33

Jean, so glad you and DH have an appt. with your pastor. Will be praying for God's blessing and wisdom at that time. We just have to believe and He is there for us..thank you Lord!

I have been pretty good the past week and was pretty excited that my hands and feet were doing so well with no pain, soreness or redness and then on Friday evening it hit. I of course worked on Saturday and so then it may have aggrivated it and so Saturday night it was rough for me. I put my feet on ice packs and took Ibuprofen and that took are of it. It was very odd but I was almost tempted to not take my last pill for the week before I have my off week. So at church during worship God spoke to me and said "take the pills" and trust me. So I sat down right in the middle of a song and took them and I left it in His hands and all day Sunday they did not hurt or burn at all. We had a good time and were out all day and they were just fine. They are fine today and this is my off week of the pill..Thank God!

So ladies have a good night and know you're all in my prayers as well...Lucy

• zjrosenthal
    edited June 2015

Well it's back to the drawing board again. Found out tonight that my husband lent my youngest son and his gay partner the money to go to California in "08 to get "married". He never told me. Also found out yesterday that the kid from scouts we took in when he was thrown out back in the 1980's who now has 2 sons that I treated like grandkids ....his oldest boy is planning to "marry" his gay partner. My husband also knew about this relationship for a few years and is sending him money to help him get married! Both times it was a case of "don't tell Mom". Deceit has always been an issue in our 40yr marriage and now I know the children are part of it. We see pastor tomorrow and I don't know if I need to leave this "family" of unbelievers or if God would have me stay and hopefully continue to be a witness. My husband has so many health problems I feel guilty about leaving but I don't know if I am supposed to stay or go. Please keep praying. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2015

Father, I pray that you will speak wisdom into Jean's heart. She needs your guidance and direction in a very difficult situation. I pray for this meeting that she and DH are having today with their pastor. I pray that your Holy Spirit would be at work in this meeting and that your will for Jean's and DH's lives would be crystal clear after they come out of this meeting. I pray peace into Jean's heart at this time and I pray that you will take this hurt and turn it into future joy. I pray this in Jesus name. Amen.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2015

I say Amen the that banner Lucy.

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2015

Joanne,

Praying for your apt today.

Love,

Nancy

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited June 2015

Quick check in. Our house does not have a signal: at the cabin it is hit or miss: I have been reading tho

Prayers everyday for all of you: I have moved more physically in the past few days on the house than I have in 8 months. That feels good. Our furniture is in, (we trailered it up) so my recliner is there when I need a break.

Patrick and Taylor ripping up bedrooom floors, removing dirt to get to crawlspace to insulate, etc. I have tackled the scraping of old shelf paper, kitchen, and wood paneling so far.

So thankful to God for the birds here, so different from Florida, the gorgeous weather (hit 90) but at our house there is a agreat breeze and we have two fans. Down time with God on the front porch: planning on some cool trees, etc.

Lucy, excellent post. Jo, you are never far from my heart: Nancy< you will enjoy what you are capable of doing. You don't need a lot: you appreciate the little things like so many of us.

Back to cabin we are staying in on mountain

Love and hugs

Kath

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2015

Joanne, praying for that perfect peace for you as you have your bone scan tomorrow and surgery in the near future.

Jean, praying for peace for you as well. I pray that your meeting with your pastor gave you some insight and direction. Continued prayers dear sister.

Ellen, praying all went well at your mom's and that you have a safe trip home.

Lucy, I am praying that you are tolerating the Xeloda as time goes on. Continued prayers for your year of healing. I am standing with you on that.

Kath, wow! That is about all I can say. I hope you are getting to spend some time in that recliner. Don't push too hard. We are in the midst of a heat wave so I imagine your temps will probably be feeling that too. Prayers for strength for all of you. All that hard work will pay off.

Polly, how are you doing? I continue to pray for a mended relationship with your daughter. How can we best pray for you?

Angie, I sent you a PM several days ago but I know you are so busy you probably don't have too much time to be checking the boards. Prayers for you for continued strength and stamina.

She, praying for you for strength and stamina as well and for the closing on your house.

Mags, how are you doing? How is your DH doing?

Debbie (foots) how are you and Faith doing? I miss seeing your posts. I hope you are okay.

Vickie, continued prayers for comfort for you and your family.

Bev, prayers for you as you train for your 10K and as you immerse yourself into all of your volunteer work. Prayers for Dave too.

Char, hope you are doing well. I am sure you have many irons in the fire at this point.

Mini, how is the job hunt for DH? Is he still looking? Hope you are not too sore from all the community work you did.

Anita, how are you doing dear one. Have you started a new treatment yet? Prays for you for complete trust in the Lord.

Debbie (Ireland) how are you doing. From what I remember you should about finished with your treatment. Praying for good results.

Carren, I pray that you continue to do well. Let us know how you are doing when you have time.  

Kate W, how are you doing? I know lately it has been a very rough time for you. Prayers for you sister.

Have a restful night everyone

Love,

Nancy

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited June 2015

Hi friends. I see the Lord is hard at work with our group. Always challenges, but always blessings, too.

I have a prayer request for the grand-daughter of a friend. She is 5 months old and recently in daycare received significant bruising from what has been determined by authorities to be from multiple hard slaps to her back. She actually had hand shaped bruising on her back. This little girl was saved, in uteuro, miraculously from a brain mass - the name is too long for me spell or pronounce but she would not have lived long, if at all without God's intervention - and she was born a beautiful, perfect little girl. The doctors said they had never seen anything like it. You can see on her brain scan the large space in her brain where the tumor had been throughout the pregnancy. Now after that, they have this to face. Her mom, understandably, is feeling terrible guilt, and is now facing going through the court system as they seek to prosecute the woman that hurt her. She is a single mom and has to work to support her family. I will be watching her daughter for a least the near future.She is a wonderful woman of faith, and I know she would appreciate your prayers.

Blessings

• mema4
    mema4 Member Posts: 484
    edited June 2015

Prayers for the precious baby and her mom. Blessings to you for helping....

• zjrosenthal
    edited June 2015

Our meeting with pastor was very fruirful, though not easy. I didn't realize how out of control I had let my thought life become. Dwelling on the negatives in our marriage and in other areas was putting a large wound in my faith. Back on track and it is wonderful. I praise God for giving us a pastor who is not afraid to confront and speak truth. Thank you all for praying. Love, Jean

• artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701
    edited June 2015

Jo , thinking good thoughts that your scans are all good.

Hugs, Artsee

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2015

Mini, praying for this precious little girl. I am glad that you can step in and help out. Praying for the mom as well.

Jean, I am so glad to hear that the Lord answered prayers for your marriage through your pastor. Praying that the results will be healing and restoration.

Joanne, praying that you can have a good night's rest and we are all praying that you have a good report on your bone scan.

Lucy, your little Gidget was on my heart today and prayers sent up for her. How is she doing?

Kath, hope you are getting lots done but also taking lots of breaks when you need it.

Hope all has a restful night.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited June 2015

Jo I am so glad about your bone scan. I also had one back last summer before starting chemo so I know how stressful it is waiting for the results. I was overjoyed when mine was just arthritis.

I have gotten the instructions to be still" from at least 3-4 places this morning. Love, Jean

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited June 2015

Nancy - My husband just sent another resume out last night. Savannah again. I love Savannah, but the thought of not being able to see my grand kids on a regular basis makes me so sad. The rational side of me knows that my children could come to us tomorrow and tell us they are moving away, but it is still hard to imagine. It would be hard for my grandson too. We are very close. He's such a sweetie. But I know that my DH is doing this prayerfully, and if the Lord brings us to Savannah, it will be OK. It just would have been nice if he had made this decision to possibly move before we had grand kids. I tried to get him to move for 20 years and he wouldn't even move to another city in the state. Now that we have grand kids he wants to move. go figure. Sigh.

Blessings

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2015

My heart is filled with praise today at how the Lord has answered prayers for some of our dear sisters. I am thanking God for Joanne's good news and for the way the Lord is working through Jean and her marriage.

I am thankful that so many of us have finished active treatments and are getting our new normal lives back on track.

I am thankful for the faith that our sisters have who continue to battle this disease every single day. Our hope is in you, Lord.

I know that there are many needs that we are still asking to be met. Do not lose hope. God has a time and a season for everything and right at the point that we think God is not listening to us or doesn't really care about our hurts and disappointments might be the time that He is waiting for that perfect time to answer your prayers. He doesn't always give us what we want but He always gives us what we need. Trust Him completely with everything in your life.

Praying for you. Hope everyone has a great day.

Love,

Nancy

• mema4
    mema4 Member Posts: 484
    edited June 2015

Praises Joanne!!!!!!  So glad to hear the news....

• SpiritBlessing
    edited June 2015

Hi Ladies...

Jo glad to hear your news...PRAISE GOD for His favor. We will keep you in prayer for the surgery Jo and for comfort and peace now until that day. God is so good.

Nancy sounds like you're doing well this week. I keep you lifted in prayer as well. Love your pics and banners. You're amazing.

Jean so glad things are starting to level out for you and DH. I know it has been hard. DH and I have had some tough days too with both of our issues. Right now we have found it is best to take it slow each day and so God is always telling me to not worry. This was from the other day:

Rest in Me, My Child. Give your mind a break from planning and trying to anticipate what will happen. Pray continually, asking My Spirit to take charge of the details of this day. Remember that you are on a journey with Me. When you try to peer into the future and plan for every possibility, you ignore your constant Companion, who sustains you moment by moment. As you gaze anxiously into the distance, you don't even feel the strong grip of My hand holding yours. How foolish you are, My Child!
    Remembrance of Me is a daily discipline. Never lose sight of My Presence with you. This will keep you resting in Me all day, every day.
    1 Thessalonians 5:17; Psalm 62:5

Amazing how He speaks to us in our time of need. This came the day I was working on getting DH medical in place as he starts Medicare on 7/1/15. So much to do and understand. I deal with our medical plan for the company I work for and so I am very familiar with how it al works and it is still overwhelming at times. DH wants to bury his head and not deal at all lol. So someone has to do it...that would be me. So this was perfect timing and I accepted it and got peace God is so good!!!

Have a blessed day ladies...Lucy

• ALHusband
    ALHusband Member Posts: 342
    edited June 2015

My wife was diagnosed on April 8, 2013. I remember being absolutely terrified and feeling like every ounce of blood had run out me. I turned to the Lord. I remember being on my knees in the chapel at the cancer center where my wife's first Oncologist appointment was. I read the Bible in that chapel. God almost instantly took my fear away and has kept me strong throughout the ordeal. The following August both my wife AND I were baptized and gave our lives to Jesus. I just want to say that today, I accompanied my wife to that same cancer center for her regular checkup. I saw that chapel and I made sure to take a minute to thank the Lord for his grace. My wife is doing GREAT so far. ALL THE GLORY TO GOD!!!!

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited June 2015

Hi Alhusband: see you on the triple negative thread.

PTL Jo!!! I cannot imagine your relief. I know you have a road ahead, and you will be guided by Him, through each and every step.

More done on house each day: today I didn't do much physically though---

Just relishing in Gods beauty he has created for us in the mountains, trees, cool breeze in the morning, birds, flowers.

Love and hugs to all

Kath

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited June 2015

Mini1, prayers for the baby and her mom! I know this is extremly hard and so glad that God has made you available to assist them.

Jean, PTL that your prayers were answered and specifically that God used your Pastor to speak truth and healing so that restoration can continue!

Joanne, PTL on the good results of your bone scan. God is awesome and worthy to be praised. Continuing to keep you in prayer for surgery and healing.

Alhusband, PTL for your support, prayer covering for your wife, but most of all giving your life to Christ and being baptized. Like Jo, my husband is my rock and his prayer covering then and now are a blessing. This ordeal has strength our faith and prayer life. Praise God!

I have been amiss from posting, a lot going on personally and professionally. I have read the post and just got to the PMs and thank each of you for your continued prayers. I hit my year since my DX and just took some time to be alone and reflect on the glorious things our awesome God has given me and others, which is to draw closer to him, renewed and increased faith, showing me me through out this journey and where I need to grow and get closer to Him and the riches in the family, friends and prayers that have covered me. Yes, I thank God for continuing to let us know we are not alone and He is always with us!

God bless all and have a great day.