thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited September 2015

God is good. Thanking him for clear scans. My MO had me get scsns on brain, bone, chest, abdomen and pelvis due to high tumor markers. Thanks to all who sent prayers up on my behalf. MO does not know why tumor markers were high. Did more bloodwork today. Praying they go down and maybe they were first done too close to finishing chemo. If CEA does not go down, a colonoscopy is in my future. I just want to get exchange surgery done in three weeks. I want/need expanders out! Ohhhh, this just goes on. As always, I include each of you in my prayers. Love you all

• mysunshine48
    edited September 2015

Especially anxiety! I have lost 5 pounds during the past two weeks. I could not eat. I have a plaque by my front door that says: I believe in the sun, even when it is not shining. I believe in love, even when I don't feel it. I believe in God, even when he is silent.

Thank you all so much for your prayers. And, Jo, happy you were able to get your hair done. Little things mean a lot! Gretagirl, praise God your ultrasound was clear. Nancy, hope your days continue to get better.

There is an app you can get on your phone or iPad called Simply Being. Just go to apps store and put this in. It costs $1.99, but has meditation music and soothing words and you can choose 5, 10, 15, 20 or 30 minutes. After that time, it just goes off. I have used it in the middle of the night when sleep does not come. It is very relaxing and has worked for me. Sometimes we need to be able to get rid of all the thoughts going through our heads. I am sharing in case any of you want to try it.

Praying for a peaceful, stress free, happy weekend for all.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited September 2015

Good evening ladies,

Sounds like lots of good news today. PTL

Greta, praise on your ultrasound being clear. Hopefully no more passing of stones. Hope your SE's are manageable.

Lynn, total relief for you! PTL Now getting emotionally ready for your next leg of this journey. Next year at this time you will look back and think how great the Lord was at getting you through all of this.

Jean, glad your coop sold.

Ellen, I wish I had a relative with a meat cleaver! I might hone up on my snake charming skills if everything else fails. I have not heard a word from my mom or my sister so I need to call and see what is going on.

Joanne, glad you got your hair done. Those things are so important in how we feel in general. Glad you are seeing some improvement but I know you have a ways to go. Praying God will give you the needed stamina to get through this last part of the journey.

I had a mixed bag of good and not so good today. I was enjoying some simple pleasures of watching the chickadees in my bushes near my patio. Enjoying this one little one taking a long bath in my fountain. Such cute little things. I got back to swimming today. The pool had been closed for two weeks and then with apts and not feeling up to it I wasn't able to go this week until today. I didn't feel so great after swimming. I give new meaning the to word temporary crown. I am pretty sure it is supposed to last longer than two days. Well.................. part of mine came out. I am praying that I will not be in lots of pain. I couldn't get into my dentist until Thursday afternoon next week. I can get into another dentist on Tuesday if it turns into an emergency situation.

I hope everyone has a good holiday weekend and those of you working enjoy an extra day off. Take care.

Love

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited September 2015

Jo, thanks for the laugh about my co-op sale. I needed it more than I realized. My "chickens" are all grown up. Two are teachers. One a retired EMT. One in heaven with Jesus. Daughter is a grandmother. Time sure flies. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

LADIES URGENT PRAYER REQUEST

The pain that Kath was having in her abdomen and the doctor thought was muscle unfortunately was not. She had a CT scan at a walk in clinic and found a large mass in the abdomen and in lots of nodules and it is cancer. It is not in the bones, liver or spleen. She is not up to posting as you can imagine. Let's pray for a miracle for her. Her MO is not in until Tuesday.

Love,

Nancy

• mysunshine48
    edited September 2015

I will be praying for her daily!

• zjrosenthal
    edited September 2015

Praying for Kath. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

• Gretagirl
    Gretagirl Member Posts: 129
    edited September 2015

Prayesr for You Kath. May you feel Gods presence .

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited September 2015

Kath, Keeping you close in thought and prayer.....know that all of us are praying fervently for you.

Ellen

• SpiritBlessing
    SpiritBlessing Member Posts: 552
    edited September 2015

Hi Ladies,

I am so saddened by the news of Kath. I was excited to try and post a song a dear friend just sent to me and I wanted to share. My heart is heavy. Yes, we will pray for a miracle for Kath. We are Prayer Warriors and we will lift her high and flood the heavens with prayer for complete and total healing. For peace and comfort and to remain strong in our unwavering faith.

Please know I am praying for all of you for your special needs. I love you all...peace and comfort.

Lucy

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

Good evening ladies,

I just wanted to share that Kath wanted me to tell you that she really does feel your prayers. She is not ready to post now and is still trying to process all of this news. She doesn't have any treatment plan in place yet being the holiday weekend. Let's continue to lift her up and pray that the Lord will encompass her and Patrick with His unfailing love and peace. She has not told her boys yet as she wants to have a treatment plan in place first. They just went back for their junior year in college. They do not go to the same college but are in different states.

Lucy, how are you and Steve doing?

Thank you all for your prayers for Kath. I hope you all are having a nice long weekend.

Love

Nancy

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited September 2015

I have not come around much lately but as I read and caught up I have sent up intercessory prayers for each of you, spoken or unspoken needs. Know that I think of this thread often even when not online and always lift you all up. Special prayers going up as I type for Kath, may our Lord hold her and the family in His unfailing embrace. He is an awesome God.

Phyllis

• SpiritBlessing
    SpiritBlessing Member Posts: 552
    edited September 2015

Hi Nancy,

We are doing ok. Had mostly a relaxed weekend. Steve has a potential buyer for his Harley so praying that happens this weekend. We had plans to get away for a night for our anniversary but when the opportunity came up to maybe sell the bike he decided it best to wait.

So I wanted to share that if you have an opportunity to watch the movie War Room, it's a must see. I have seen it twice and God really spoke to me and I now have my war room. It's amazing please see it.

How are you doing Nancy?

Praying for all...Lucy.

• mysunshine48
    edited September 2015

Lucy, I love your posters. I went to church for the first time since before surgery. Very emotional. I had to leave the main santuary and sit in a chair outside where I could still here the sermon. It was so appropriate and was on the topic of Prayer. I stayed for prayers and communion after. There were tears. I find this whole journal very difficult to get past. Maybe we never do. I read where there are "normal" days after a while. I guess I am not there yet. I still cry a lot, am scared, and wonder if I will ever smile or laugh agin. It has been so many months. Then, I read about Kath and feel so sad. Seems like my days are filled with doctor appointments and prayer.

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

To Steve and Lucy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

Good to hear from you Phyliss

Love the banners Lucy. Praying Steve can sell his bike. Hope you get to do something special for your anniversary. I possibly figured out why I have been having these strange spells lately. Because of some blood work that didn't come back right that gave me a hint of what might be wrong. Some blood work can be skewed if you are dehydrated. I think that just might explain some of the sickness I have had lately. I had one of these spells right before going to church today. I had been profusely perspiring which is normal for me when it is hot an humid. I decided to drink a lot of water and immediately I felt better so I may be on to something. PTL I am now drinking some water with electrolytes in it. War Room seems to be the buzz lately. I might see it tomorrow as it is showing in my favorite theater. Our church is renting out a whole theater just for our church to see it in Oct. I saw the trailer and it looks good. All of the Kendrick brothers movies are uplifting.

Lynn, I think that everyone responds differently to their journey and everyone has their own timeline. I know you are not done with your journey yet and that makes a big difference. When it is over for you I think you will feel differently. The weight that it is not over is still pressing in on you. Give it some time. I do feel that sometime if we get stuck in a rut then we need to do everything we can to try to lift ourselves out of it. Sometimes that can be a conscious choice of choosing happiness over sadness. A choice of praising God in all things. That attitude of gratitude has a direct correlation to our emotions. I think many people think they are doomed to feel the way they do but I absolutely do not agree with that at all. We can change our attitude. We can't always change our circumstances but we can certainly try to find as many positive things in our situation and try to dwell on those. That doesn't mean we won't have down days. Sometimes some medical intervention may be appropriate as well. This past week has been a real downer for me but I am not going to let that define this new week in progress. Try singing some praise songs or one of your favorite hymns around the house. I am betting that it will lift you up. Just keep doing that and see what happens.

Kath, I hope you can talk Patrick into going to see War Room. After seeing the trailer tonight I get what that means now. I might see it too. Praying for you dear friend.

I hope everyone has a nice holiday and a precious day off of work.

Love,

Nancy

• Xjerseygrl
    Xjerseygrl Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2015

Prayers for Kath may you feel God's loving presence as we all continue to pray for you.

Nancy prayers you do not have too much pain until you can see the dentist. I love all the pictures you post. Anymore news on the snake issue? Flathead shovels work well on snakes too but do a number on day lilies when DH chopped up the snake years ago in NJ.

Mysunshine48 thanks for the information on the app...I haven't been sleeping as well the past few nights and will give this a try. I'm guessing my interrupted sleep is do to my surgery being a week away now. Pray this helps me.

Joanne paying you will soon be able to sleep in bed,

Jo5 getting our hair done is always nice and I pray you will soon be able to manage washing it yourself and also prayers for more good days.

Jean glad to hear your coop sold with no issues...have to admit I read "coop" as in chickens...guess that's what happens when you grew up in the country vs the city.

Gretagirl praise to God for clear ultrasounds.

For me it is going to be a busy week with last minute things to do before next Monday. Had a wonderful day at church yesterday with fellowship following morning services to celebrate Pastor & Mrs Matey's birthdays. Last night we began our study of Revelations got through chapter 1 Pastor Ken is an awesome teacher and so on fire to serve our God, Praying everyone has a good week

Jeanne

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited September 2015

Hi ladies,

Two quick notes...if you haven't seen it, do your best to see "War Room"...satan tried his hardest to keep us from going by creating friction in the household, but I screamed at him to "leave my house"... So glad we were able to see it.

Second..I am beginning a yearlong commitment to a Bible Study tomorrow morning. It's an hour driving each way, but I felt God leading me to this for my own spiritual growth. Our ladies' Bible Study at church is focused on giving folks an opportunity to read thru a brief lesson and have some snacks, and the women aren't interested in something intense. I was involved in BSF for seven years, and I think this is similar. Please say a prayer for safe travel and that this will fill that need I have for Chritian fellowship and spiritual growth,

Praying for you all....Ellen

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

Good evening ladies,

I too saw War Room today and IMHO I think every Christian needs to see this movie if at all possible.

Let's remember our sisters who are having surgery next week and pray against fear and apprehension.

Xjerseygirl is having a mastectomy on Monday, Sept. 14.

SheAngel, is having her implants surgery on Thursday, Sept. 17.

Lynn, when is your surgery date? I know it is coming sometime soon?

Ellen, I am glad you got to see War Room. It is just a great reminder in taking the authority we have in Jesus to our home and family and relationships. I will be praying that your Bible study will fill you with God's truth and allow you to grow in Him. Praying for travel mercies. I was in BSF for five years and it was awesome.

Kath, I am praying that the Lord will continue to encompass you and Patrick with His peace. I pray that you will be able to get into your doctor tomorrow so you can get a treatment plan in place. Continued prayers for you to get through this tough time.

Angie, how are you doing? Continued prayers for you and your upcoming speaking engagements and your ministry at church.

Joanne, praying that everything goes well for you tomorrow.

Debbie (Ireland) how was your visit with your sisters? I pray your treatments are going well.

Lucy and Steve, continued prayers for strength and wisdom in this journey.

I continue to pray for all of you but have not mentioned everyone tonight.

Have a restful evening and good rest.

Love you all,

Nancy

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited September 2015

Nancy, thank you so much for updating us on Kathy so that we can send specific prayers her way. I am sadden to hear the news and like Lucy my heart is heavy. As Prayer Warriors we are standing in the gap for Kath that her treatment plan is done soon and praying for her peace and comfort along with her husbands strength and peace as he supports her. Kath you are so strong and we can see your steadfastness and faith through this community.

Lucy, Happy anniversary and I pray that Steve is able to sell his Harley and get a very good price for it.

Nancy, praying for you and your leadership of this forum. As always thank you for your commitment and willingness to keep us updated and informed with prayer request. The opening Sunday at our new location went wonderful. We had members and quite a few visitors join us. The new location is beautiful. Thank you for remembering my speaking engagement and keeping me in prayer while I prepare for it. I speak this coming Sunday and a little worried about being able to speak without searching for words. Tamoxifen has given me "brain foggyiness". But I do know that it is the Lord's will and he will guide me.

Ellen, praying for your biblestudy commitment and travels.

Anita, Dear friend praying for you always. Love across the miles!

Praying for all the ladies with upcoming surgery and that God touches and guides the medical team as they prep for your surgeries.

Praying for all everyone and specifically for those with special and urgent needs.

God Bless,

Angie

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

We must stand up and recognize who we are in Jesus and realize the authority that he has already given us to fight the enemy. There is a war raging out there in the world and we find that battle on our own doorsteps and in our relationships. We must learn how to put on the full armor of God and fight to the finish because we have read the end of the book and we WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angie we will be praying for you as you speak on Sunday. Praising God that your move to the new place is finished and that you have a beautiful place and visitors already. PTL I believe strongly that if you speak in the power of Jesus name you will speak with authority and that the Holy Spirit will be more powerful that the Tamoxifen.

Love,

Nancy

• She-Angel
    She-Angel Member Posts: 97
    edited September 2015

Afternoon group, I have finally finished catching up on all the posts since my last posting and must say I had a few anxious moments reading some of them to see what is going on. But it really was a few moments because then the calm set in. This has been my scripture for the past few months and I continue to hold it close, "Then Jesus said to his disciples: 'Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?'" (Luke 12:22-26, NIV). (Also see Matthew 6:25-34)

Vacation was nice to be away, however rest was fleeting as I am still fatigued and achy all the time, however that is where and what God wants for me right now and I thank him for giving me the chance to be here to witness and possibly minister to someone who may be in need. We never know who is watching and being inspired by what and how we deal with this through our faith. Speaking of which, Kath, reached out to me in the beginning of all this chaos in my life and continually prayed for me, sending me personal words and inspirations to keep me focused on what was important and even led me to this discussion board when she saw me floundering and needing to be surrounded by other women of faith. She continues to inspire me with how she has been dealing with working and treatments. I was watching her and now I have someone at church who has been watching me as she now enters the battle zone C. God makes no mistakes, he is putting things in place for a reason. I send out prayers to my beloved friend who is like my family and to all my friends here who have become my extended family. There will be a time where pain will cease to be an issue or a distraction from life. Have a good week.

• Gretagirl
    Gretagirl Member Posts: 129
    edited September 2015

Hi everyone. Have been catching up on posts. I am not feeling well this go round. Having nausea and stomach issues and weaker than usual. Been a week tomorrow and I still have to pop a anti nausea pill and can't find a balance for my stomach. Just feel yuck!

Jo glad you are moving forward and feeling better

Happy anniversary Lucy.

Haven't seem War room yet but hope to

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited September 2015

Just a quick check in. I am doing well. I talked to my NP today: doc out of town. His replacement is who he started Florida Cancer Centers with my doc.

It is treatable. I did not ask if it was curable. I have to remember too this is not a new cancer: it is my TNBC that came back there.

I feel your prayers so much. The pain is pretty bad- but controllable. Mind everywhere from writing my eulogy to total belief that I will beat this!

She, Nancy, you both said it all- And Nancy thanks for being the go to for me.

Made it through work-- one foot in front of the other

Praying for you all as well.

My DH and I did see War Room yesterday as I knew God needed me to see it. Sparked a renewed spark for more intentional prayer.

Love and hugs

Kath

• mysunshine48
    edited September 2015

God bless you, Kath. I, as well as many others have been praying for you! I hope you can begin treatment soon and get this behind you once more. You can do this, but I certainly understand your stress and anxiety over it all. We will keep praying for full recovery.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited September 2015

HI JO-5, yes, looking forward to a winter of no snow and ice to drive through although I may be going there for Christmas. Praying for you especially for relief from pain and complete healing.

Kath, where are you in FL? If I can be of any help please just PM me. I'm in The Villages, central FL between Ocala and Leesburg.

Gretagirl, praying for your strength and end to nausea/stomach issues.

All, please know I am praying for each of you as I read. Our God is awesome and I feel His presence all around me so I know He also surrounds you, His children, as well.

• zjrosenthal
    edited September 2015

Kath, will continue to pray for you.

Jo, Glad you are doing better. Easy does it, till you heal please be very gentle with yourself.

I'm still fighting lots of pain in hips and knee, neuropathy and cramping. Just getting in and out of the car is very difficult. Three more herceptin / perjeta infusions then done in early November, God willing. Love, Jean

• mysunshine48
    edited September 2015

Jo and Jean, praying for you both! And, all of us!

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

Good evening ladies,

She, thanks for your encouraging post and reminder about worry. I know that is a big one for most of us. You ARE an encouragement just as Kath has been for you and all of us. Praying for your pain and fatigue.

Greta, praying for you as you go through your chemo. I pray that the nausea and all the other digestive problems will improve. You will get through this. Picture the Lord holding your hand when you are feeling bad.

Ellen, praying that you were uplifted by your Bible Study. I was thinking it started today, right? Praying you will get some relief from your knee and hip pain.

Phyliss, good to hear from you and hope you are doing well.

Lynn, when is your surgery date?

Jean, praying for you with this pain. I pray you will be able to finish your treatments.

Joanne, I am glad that you got your new bras and the prosthesis. Praying that this area on your chest and your leg will heal quickly. Praying for peace of mind and against pain. Hang in there. Just think how far you have come! You ARE getting through this.

Kath, I don't know if you realize how strong you are. Going to work with all of this going on is truly amazing. There are people on this thread from all corners of this country and across the ocean that are praying for you. The power that is within you will help you to put that one foot in front of the other to do what you need to do next. You WILL get through this. Praying against the pain and fear.

Love,

Nancy