thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited September 2015

Hubby and I saw War Room today. Had to get out of the house! Very inspirational. Hoping to get more intentional and focused about prayer. Not much walking this week. Very painful. Love, Jean

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited September 2015

Kath, Lucy(Steve), Jo, Debbie, Debbie (Foots) and KatieW, praying for your fervently.

SheAngel, praying for you. Rest and praying your recovery is swift.

Xjerseygirl, so glad to hear yor mastectomy went well. Praying for your recovery

Praying for all who are still in treatment either chemo and/or rads. Praying that the SEs are minimal to manageable.

Praying for those that are awaiting testing results. That you rest in His Bosom during your waitin time. I pray that God continues to envelop you in His peace and bring on emotional comfort and anchor your thoughts in Him.

Nancy, loved the photos.

God Bless

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited September 2015

Heavenly Father, Bless all the caring women here, that need

Your encouragement and sunshine. To help them press forward

as they feel Your strength beyond our own. Be with all the new

people as they trust in You for guidance, as You help them not

to be frightened, but rely on Your wisdom and love. Please be

with all those here that need refuel and peaceful moments with

You. Surround them with Your comforting love, For You know

all those facing surgery or other treatments, Help strength their faith

and give them a ray of Your Everlasting Glory. Bless all those that

need comforting and to lean on You to help their pain or illness, that

Your understanding heart will comfort, as You carry them in Your

healing arms of kindness. Please be with and give faith to everyone

here, As I praise and rejoice for each victory You give someone here.

In Jesus wonderful name I pray, Amen

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited September 2015

Nancy, You always know what to say and your pictures are beautiful. Footprintsangel, Beautiful prayer. I ask a God to be with everyone here and help us to trust Him.

• Gretagirl
    Gretagirl Member Posts: 129
    edited September 2015

Good morning. Sorry I have been absent but have been kind of busy. Finally started feeling better and have taken advantage to get some things done.

Nancy the pictures were beautiful thank you for sharing!

Prayers for healing peace comfort.

My mom went in to have a cardio version (shock her heart back into rhythm) this morning but they couldn't do procedure because her blood count was too low. She has been admitted to hospital. Don't know how long. This in turn makes my dad nervous and raises his anxiety level and with Alzheimer's this is not good. So please keep us in your prayers. We are supposed to be admitting my dad to the nursing home but all of the paper work has been finished yet.

We all have so much going in our lives and I have to say it comforts me to pray for y'all and know that y'all pray for me! Thank you so much!

• She-Angel
    She-Angel Member Posts: 97
    edited September 2015

Happy Friday Ladies!!! Just to be able to look out the window and see the sunshine and appreciate the day that God has given us already brightens my spirits. Welcome Karen, I read your post and I like the way you think and respond to lifes challenges, some of the things sounds like the things around me when dealing with the people around me. Makes me smile to know it's universal.

Thanks for all the prayers as I keep you in my thoughts and prayers too, surgery went fine at least I think because I am here and not feeling too bad. It took 4 hours instead of 2.5 so I guess there was a bit more to work on than he thought. I had hoped to go in get this done and return to work on Monday with no one being the wiser, but they are keeping me out of work for 2 weeks. Luckily I was taking off next Saturday for a quiet relaxing 60th bday week getaway with my former partner at work. Just her, her chihuhua and me, my DH has to work and the beach we ae going to is very quiet, he needs action.

Nancy the photos you post really are a blessing to us all as they take my mind off the here and now for a minute too. I hate having to sit up sleeping as it is not comfortable, but I have to remind myself I am still here, and who said life would be comfortable all the time.

When I think back to this time last year when they were telling me that something was wrong and that I had cancer, to see what he has carried me through for me to look back and see he carried me I can only say thank you Jesus. It has been a testing of my faith which now I can see brought me closer to him during the process and has continued to keep me close to him, why would I not want to be close to him where I am safe, loved and cared for with a promise of a place for me that he went ahead to prepare. I know some of us have been tested far more than we ever thought could be possible but he knows why some are the 'critically chosen' because he has special works to be done through us. Love you all, take time to enjoy some aspect of your weekend and continue to be a blessing to someone else.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited September 2015

JO-5, when I clicked on this thread, since I haven't come on in a few days your post from about 3 days ago came up telling about what was going on with being biopsied, possible cancer or infection, etc. But I knew that you had posted again so I immediately sent up a prayer that when I got through all the posts to reach your last one it would say there was no cancer or infection - and, it did! We serve an awesome God.

I don't understand the doctor wanting you to put soap on it - what????? With all the additives, even some in the 'sensitive', 'natural', or whatever it just seems dumb to put soap on a wound that is already having trouble healing. I don't get it. Do you use special soap since you already have issues with products? What about a dermatologist - might they have suggestions? I'm with you (my twin) and would not put soap on it.

Foots, praying for you for peace, less pain, less stress.

Everyone, as I read through (getting to JO-5's last post) I said a prayer for each of you that our Father, who loves each of you tremendously, will rain His blessings down and surround you with a peach unlike any you have ever experienced.

Phyllis

(bandwonan, beautiful pictures)

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited September 2015

Sleep well, dear JO-5.

• zjrosenthal
    edited September 2015

Oh bless you dear Jo. So glad for the good report. Truly, prayer is powerful. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited September 2015

Good evening ladies,

I am glad you enjoyed the photos. I really, really hope Anita got to see them. I have been so thrilled to see her logging on after a long absence.

Kath says that she feels your prayers and had a better day on Friday. She will see her doctor on Monday and I will let her share any specifics regarding her situation.

Joanne, you know we are all thrilled to hear your news and will be praying that this area heals on it's own with no more surgery. So happy that things look like they are turning around for you.

Greta, I have been praying for you and for your parent. Girl, you have your hands full to say the least. Dealing with aging parents is a job when you are feeling great but going through chemo and dealing with has got to be a very difficult thing. I pray that you can get your Dad in the nursing home. I remember doing all that paperwork for my Dad and it was all for naught. The Lord ended up taking him while he was still in the hospital so we never got to the nursing home stage. He had cancer but his mind was still pretty good. I hope your mom is doing better and I am sorry to hear she is in the hospital. Is she still there? I sure hope your side effects have improved before you face another treatment.

Sheangel, I hope you enjoy some girlfriend time on the beach. Is it your 60th birthday or your friends? And you thought you were going back to work on Monday?????????????? Oh my gosh. You are something, I will say that. I am glad the doctor's had other plans for you. You need time to heal but I know how you like to take on the world no matter what! Yes, you and Karen sound like you were cut from the same clothSmile

I do hope you feel better and strong very soon.

Jean, I have been praying for your pain. I am glad you and DH got to see War Room. Only two more infusions!

Debbie (foots) I sure hope you are feeling better. Praying for you dear sister. \

Angie, how are you feeling these days. How did your speaking engagement go? Been praying for you dear sister.

Karen, I hope this round of chemo has been better for you especially with the nausea. Have been praying for you.

Phyliss, I hope you are enjoying your retirement. Florida will be so nice in the winter with no shoveling snow!

I am going to post a separate post for our dear friend Sue Hahn. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. After bad storms for a couple days we had a glorious day here in Illinois today.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

IN MEMORY OF REV. SUSAN JANE HAHN

July 27, 1954 to September 22, 2014

For those of us who knew Sue she was certainly a testament to grace under fire. It reminds me of how God actually performed a miracle for us when we found out that she had died by sending this angel to us to let us know. I will never forget her and I will never forget how God helped to bring closure to us during that time and how her amazing pastor included us in her Celebration of Life service. It reminds me to continue to pray for her mom and her brother.

Sue we love you and one day we will all get to meet you.

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited September 2015

Jo--- PTL!!!! Absolutely rejoicing--- love those praise reports! and She-- SMH: I just have to call you Wonder Woman again! You are TRULY a warrior, both spirtiually and physically. So appreciate your posts

Karen, how is the nausea? What do they have you on?

Jean, prayers for pain--- Angie, praying for peace for you, and manageable symptoms

Nancy, if you don't start working on a game plan to send the message to people through your gift of photography I will have to fly up there!

Lucy, how are you dear one?

Lynn?

The last 72 hours I have finally won the war against Satan. Since Labor Day when I found out about the malignant mass and surrounding areas (nodules) in my abdomen, I have fought as hard as I know how to do to stop the evil thoughts, and find peace and hope through him. When I meditate I picture Jesus in my body just stopping those evil cells.

I believe in His plan. I trust His plan. Of course I want to find out Monday that it is treatable.

I can't thank you enough for your prayers. I may still be fighting if it werent for the power of this group. Nancy, special thanks for being there when I honestly could not talk about it. DH and I took a week to pray, before we even discussed it. He is a complete rock.

Going to sleep . Goal is to get 9 hours a night

Blessings,

Kath

• mysunshine48
    edited September 2015

Kath, So good to hear that you are feeling in control of the thoughts. They are easy to come and as you know, can be debilitating. I like how you picture Jesus in your body fighting off those evil cells. You ARE in our prayers!

Our church is starting to have a service on Saturday nights as the three Sunday morning services are packed. I went tonight and the message was about difficult times in our lives. The pastor is awesome and talked about what these times teach us. A lot about how the outcome has a lot to do with attitude and perseverance. Trusting God. Keep believing that we will win.

I am starting to get nervous about exchange surgery on Friday, but know that Jesus will be with me when I go there, change into the gown and lay on the table. Just scary. I am not a fan of surgery. My back has been hurting a lot this week. Don't know what that's about, but I can only handle one thing at a time right now.

A good night to all you strong women.

• footprintsangel
    edited September 2015

Reach Out for the Almighty

Reach Out for the Almighty

Like a child lost in a crowd.

When troubles leave you helpless,

He will rescue you from doubt.

Reach out for the Almighty

Like a seagull seeking shore.

His path is pure and simple,

And you need find nothing more.

Hold on to the Almighty

Like a lonely to a friend

His light will be a beacon,

And His love will never end. By John Zurn

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

Kath, so glad to see your post. Nine hours is a good goal. I try to do that but tonight it will not happen. So glad that you defeated the enemy. If he can't get a rise out of us anymore he probably goes onto the next unsuspecting soul. So the way I figure it is God 1 satan 0

Lynn, you answered my question. I had it in my mind that your surgery was actually a day before it really is so I am glad you clarified that. I have been praying against fear and anxiety for you.

Lucy, I am concerned about you. I hope you will post and tell us how we can best pray for you dear sister.

Debbie, I love your post and I loving seeing you posting again. I pray that you feel better each day.

I think with fear that you need to be very diligent to keep giving it over to Jesus again and again and again. That is what I do and I can honestly say that for someone like me who can tend to worry if I can do it you can do it. It may not be effective at first. Most of us have had much more practicing worrying than praying I would bet. So we have to let the Lord have some time to tear down some of those old habits that reside in us. Ask Him to renew our mind daily.

It is way past time to get to bed. Sleep tight everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION

I am very saddened to hear that Kate W. has passed away on September 15. Thanks to Joanne who checked her blog. I know the last I had looked her husband was posting for her and she was in the hospital. She had a very tough time and as hard as this will be for her family she is not suffering anymore. Let's pray for her family as she has young children.

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

In Memoriam of KATHERINE "Kate" WORDEMAN

Bookmark and Share
    Feature Image
    Send Flowers or Gifts
    Send a Sympathy Card

Facts

Born: May 6, 1970

Place of Birth: Toledo, OH

Death: September 12, 2015

Place of Death: Blue Ash, OH

Memorial donations can be made to:

The Kate Wordeman Benefit, c/o any 5/3rd Bank

Send Flowers

KATHERINE "Kate" WORDEMAN

May 6, 1970 - September 12, 2015

WORDEMAN

Katherine "Kate" (nee Gogolin). Beloved wife of John Wordeman. Loving mother of Ellie, Sarah, Henry and Margo. Dear sister of Libby (Terry) Sorosiak, Elton "Butch," Jr. (Pat) Gogolin, Carl Gogolin and Anne (Michael) Savage Veh. Dear daughter of the late Elton Al Gogolin. Wonderful daughter-in-law to Pat and Henry Wordeman and dearest sister-in-law to Paul (Judy) Wordeman, Mark Wordeman, Ann (the late Ron) Speed and Sue (Mark) McGrath. Loving aunt to Fran (Mike) Buescher, Sam and Joe (Hannah) Wordeman, Sean (Brittany), Kevin and Tricia Speed, Peggy, John, Mike and Mary McGrath, Elton III (Erin), Michael and Carol Gogolin, Gretchen and Terrence Sorosiak, Daniel (Michael) Flaherty and Krysta (Don) Bauer. Kate was especially close to Melissa and Bill Riehle and their family, Debbie "Doodles" McDonald and the late Dave and Ann Ward and their family. Also survived by many other family and friends. Passed away Saturday, September 12, 2015 after a brave fight with breast cancer with an insurmountable amount of faith, wisdom and grace. Age 45. Visitation Friday, September 18th from 4:00-8:00 p.m. at Mihovk-Rosenacker Funeral Home, 10211 Plainfield Rd., Evendale. Mass of Christian Burial 9:00 a.m., Saturday, September 19th at St. Gertrude Church, 6543 Miami Ave., 45243. Burial will follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery. In lieu of flowers memorial contributions may be made to Kate Wordeman Benefit, c/o any 5/3rd Bank.

PDF LogoPDF Printable Version

Visitation

Friday September 18, 2015, 4:00 - 8:00 p.m.

Mihovk-Rosenacker Funeral Home

Click for Map and Directions

Mass of Christian Burial

Saturday September 19, 2015, 9:00 a.m.

St. Gertrude's Church

Click for Map and Directions

Sign the Guestbook

Share your thoughts and memories about KATHERINE "Kate" WORDEMAN in the guestbook.

Sign the guestbook
    Read the guestbook

Memorial Networks™ Partner Provider: Batesville Interactive, All rights reserved. | Funeral Home Website by Batesville, Inc.

• Tobycc
    edited September 2015

Nancy thank you for sharing. Prayers for the family---- She is at peace and dancing with our Lord. Where is her blog?

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

Good morning ladies,

Not a good night for me so I was not able to get to church this morning. I remember when my Dad died. He lived with prostate cancer for eight years before it came back into the bones. He was in the hospital and I was at my mom's when the hospital called and said you need to come. Unfortunately my Dad was already in an unconscious state when we all came to the hospital but he had all of his immediate family and some other close relatives that were there with him as well. He died that day in 2005 and it was a complete shock to even his oncologist who called me at my mom's house and expressed her total disbelief as she had just seen him on Friday and he was stable. Even in our shock we were feeling that God spared him a lot of pain and the family as well. He claimed to be in no pain during this whole time which I guess is pretty unbelievable. I have a feeling that as sorely missed as Kate W. will be to her family in retrospect I think they will feel as we did with my Dad that God took her and spared her much pain and suffering as she was already in a lot of pain. My heart goes out to her family during this tough time.

If you read some of her blog you will see what a warrior she was and how unbelievably strong she was. Yes, Kath, I believe she is at complete peace now and dancing in heaven with our Lord.

Her blog is www.katebeatingcancer.blogspot.com

• gardengal777
    gardengal777 Member Posts: 376
    edited September 2015

My heart is heavy today in the loss of another sweet sister. While many of you did not know Kate, I met her on her two years ago August and it was our sweet Sue, Debbie in Ireland and others who tried to encourage her when things looked their worse. Little did she know that she would face so much more. Kate was a fighter and she never gave up. I know that she would tell all of you the same. She loved her family and through all of this she felt more sadly for what they were going through then what she felt. I pray her blog will bless others. When she first shared it with us, I went back and read it from the beginning. Susan G Komen is the reason why no woman without insurance should ever have to go without a mammogram again. If Kate had been able to get one sooner, perhaps things might have been different. But then God has our lives planned out and it is His desire that she come home and be with Him. Please keep her husband and children in your prayers as they have lots of decisions to make and they were in the process of selling their home and moving into a another place. May God uplift all of them and give them encouragement and strength to face the road ahead. And may our sweet sisters Sue and Becky meet her show her how wonderful heaven is.

Praying for all of you today. For your upcoming results and tests, healings and relief from pain.

Love in Christ,

Char

• mysunshine48
    edited September 2015

Wow, prayers for her family. She is resting in the arms of God.

• Againstthewind
    Againstthewind Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2015

Many thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. Chemo went OK, they gave me something stronger in iv this time seemed to help. Unfortunately symptoms hit faster this time. Doc says its because of all the past chemo. Couldn't stand hair falling out so shaved head on Friday, my sister was the one who got upset. Told her am waiting to see what color it comes back, maybe will get lucky, no more grays, Ha. Ha . Have ultrasound next Tues. to see if tumor has shrunk, they will decide if we keep going with chemo or go to surgery. Guess I have been stressing about it as I have short temper lately, my poor hubby takes it well. Thank God don't know how would do this again without him. The chemo brain has also kicked in full force, it really sucks this time! I think of something walk into other room and can't remember what I was doing. Thank God for all of you, helps to tell someone who knows what you're going through. Hope everyone has a blessed evening. Will be praying for all of you.

• Againstthewind
    Againstthewind Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2015

Good morning all, have been up since 2 am. I seem to not sleep well the week after chemo, a lot of really strange dreams. Am also having neuropothy in feet, always feels like they're asleep. Anyone find anything that helps?

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of Sue and Kate. May you be comforted in knowing they are now at home with their heavenly father. I met a woman at a christian woman's retreat in March, she told me about her cousin who was dying of cancer. She called him a few weeks before he passed and talked to him for several hours. At the end of her conversation she told him she couldn't believe how upbeat he was about his situation. His answer to her has helped me many times to deal with things I have to go through. He said that whether he lived or died, God would bless him. She asked what he meant, he said if he got to stay on earth awhile longer God would be blessing him with more time with those he loved. And if he died he was going home to his heavenly father. So for him either way was a win, win situation! I have been trying to adopt that philosophy in my life,although some days its difficult. I guess all we can do is have faith and hold on, knowing that God has a purpose for us on this earth.

2 Corinthians 4:16-1 . So we do not lose heart. Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed every day. For this slight momentary affliction is preparing us for an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, because we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen; for the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

Hope everyone has a blessed day will be praying for all.

• zjrosenthal
    edited September 2015

Jo, I pray in agreement for no more surgery.

Karen, your post was a great help. Thanks. After reading some of Kate's blog, my mind started going to some dark places of fear that all the joint and muscle pain, spasms etc. we're symptoms of mets. I know I will die one day and am fighting to surrender the treatment outcome to God, knowing my times are in His hands. The day of my death is already written. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited September 2015

Jo, how awesome that we are all connected by the Holy Spirit. Just this morning as I was crying out to God, I was directed to Hezekiah's prayer and reminded to also pray for the salvation of all of mine and hubby's family.

Yesterday there were over 20 of us in our home, family and friends celebrating hubby's 72nd birthday. God is good. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited September 2015

I just got a call from my chemo oncologists office. Since I am in so much pain, they have scheduled an MRI for Thursday. Prayers appreciated. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited September 2015

Sorry gals,it is actually a PET scan. Not an MRI. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited September 2015

Sorry, ladies...it is a PET scan, not an MRI. Love, Jean

• Tobycc
    edited September 2015

Jean, You are in our prayers, as well as Lynn facing surgery, all those here who need eachothers strong and earnests prayers.

Just a bit of news today: stains were not complete: but BC tumor marker is excellent so it is definitely a different cancer. NP told us they will treat whatever is in there, which gave DH and I more peace.

I go back Wednesday : DH cannot miss work that morning so I will call him.

At the altar at communion my Pastor was there to hug and pray for me. I am finally able to feel His love, presence, and grace. In my quiet time with Him I am able to really listen, in a place of peace.

Thank you all so so much.

Nancy, how are YOU? Jo, Karen, Jean, and more, thanks for continuing to post

Blessings and hugs,

Kath

• footprintsangel
    edited September 2015

You Are The Potter

You are the Potter,, Oh Lord,

we are the clay.

Mold us and make us

More like You every day.

Make us to be patient,

Generous, loving and kind.