thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• Againstthewind
    Againstthewind Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2015

Hello, my name is Karen I am 53. Have been reading posts but didn't feel compelled to post until I found this section. I have been married for 34 years to my best friend, I always joke that the best thing is that even after all these years we still like each other! God has blessed me with 2 children and 5 grandchildren. We were living in central FL. Was first diagnosed in 04 with stage I Her2+ ILC, grade 3, 1.5 cm in left breast. Had lumpectomy removal of 11 lymph nodes all neg, then was treated with chemo 4x Ac, 4x T, dose dense. Then radiation 33x. In 2010 decided to move to Ohio to be near sons family having 2nd grandson. In 2012 had strange bulge in lft breast, radiation had made breast like concrete so had not felt tumor until it bulged out. Turned out to be 2 stacked tumors one 4.8 cm the other 6.9 cm top one coming through skin. Diagnosed with stage IIIB, grade 3, triple neg metaplastic carcinoma. Had lft mastectomy with removal of some chest muscle, 1 week later returned for 2nd surgery because cancer had spread to skin then treated with chemo 6x CMF. Last year moved to Wi to help with mother who has dementia, I am originally from WI, God has a way of getting us where we need to be, life getting back on track. Husband got great union job with awesome ins., 2 weeks after receiving it found lump in right breast, 3 days later had ultrasound guided biopsy was diagnosed with stage IIA, grade 3, IDC triple neg. 3 cm. Am doing neoadjuvant chemo 4x CT, will do 2nd treatment this Thurs. then they will measure tumor to make sure chemo working, if it is will finish treatment then have mastectomy. If not they will stop treatment do surgery then rethink treatment. None of the cancers are related all are considered as new cancers. Was joking with another chemo patient about being on a cancer world tour. Lol. I have learned to find the humor in most things, I would rather laugh than cry. All crying gets you is a headache and a snotty nose! And when you're done you still have to deal with your problems. I guess the biggest problem I have is dealing with the pity parties of those around me. I know the worry they have but I am the one with cancer and I refuse to feel sorry for myself. I tell people I feel God has a purpose for me in this journey. If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it! Sorry to be long winded guess I just needed to vent, aaah feels better. I guess when I see it all written out to some it could be overwhelming but my favorite saying is You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have!!!

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited September 2015

Karen, welcome to our prayer family here. This has turned into an international prayer group from ladies from all corners of the US and one from Canada and one from Ireland. I love your attitude. I enjoy a good laugh even in the midst of the storm. It has a way of providing an escape from the journey. You have obviously been through a very long battle and we can certainly pray for you. We have ladies going through some very tough times now and to offer a fresh perspective from someone who has been on this journey for a while would be most welcome.

We will pray for your treatment for Thursday.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

Greta, I think that our poor digestive tract gets a wallop with the treatments and the drugs. The drug I am on is doing a number on my stomach so I can relate to that.

Decorating sounds like a fun distraction. Have fun.

Love,

Nancy

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited September 2015

Welcome Karen. You will not find a a more caring community than with these folks here. Whether you are having good times or bad, you can bring your praises and cares here. Whether you're here often or just stop in now and again, you'll find prayer, support, laughter and tears. Sometimes all in the same day. :-)

Blessings

• Gretagirl
    Gretagirl Member Posts: 129
    edited September 2015

Welcome Karen. This is a wonderful supportive group of praying ladies! Glad you joined us

• gardengal777
    gardengal777 Member Posts: 376
    edited September 2015

Hello Sisters of Faith:

Just a quick note, please keep Deb Foot in prayer as she undergoing some more tests on Wednesday. She has been going through a lot lately. I know we so appreciate her prayers and words of encouragement.

Welcome Karen. May you find lots of blessings and support here along with prayer.

Lynn: praying for relief from your coughing and God's peace as you await results.

Kath: I am praying for you girl and for a battle plan. You are a fighter so please keep fighting. God is with you on the battle field.

Blessings,

Char

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

Praying for Debbie (Foots) tonight.

I know some of you feel like your heart has had enough. We are strong women warriors who will not be defeated.

Jesus is our portion which is all we need for any battle we face. If we felt strong enough to fight all of our battles it would never

require leaning and trusting on Jesus. I am praying that everyone gets recharged as they sleep tonight to go out

and do battle tomorrow and let the enemy know whose authority we have when we speak in the name of Jesus!

Love,

Nancy

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited September 2015

Good morning Prayer Warrirs!

Welcome, Karen! We are glad you have joined us. As you can read from our bios we are all in different stages of the war on BC. Feel free to share and request prayer for whatever you need!

Kath, Debbie(foots), and Lynn...praying for you today fervently. Lynn, glad you were able to enjoy church on Sunday!

Just a quick update before I journey over for Bible Study...I found out yesterday that I will need to have both hips replaced...what a shock! My right one is severely damaged from arthritis, thus all the pain. I am planning to schedule surgery in November, if that works out. The Dr said mine could be due to genetics and bone structure ...my dad also had hip issues but never had surgery. Anyway, for my case, I think the Arimidex could have accelerated the process. Thanks in advance for your prayers.

Praying for you all as you continue your battle...eat well, get rest when you can, and look to the Father! Yeah, I know...I'm preaching to the choir!

Ellen

Ps... A smile.. When I told my kids and DH their reactions were..."Hoverround.?"Can I put tennis balls on your walker?" And "you're going to need a rear view mirror and back up camera on that walker!" Ha ha ha...!

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

Good morning ladies.

Sheangel will be having her surgery for implants on Thursday. Let's lift her up for a successful surgery and freedom from worry and fear.

Joanne sees her PS today and is very, very concerned of the possibility of her angiocarcoma coming back because of this new seepage she is having from her chest. Let's surround her with prayer as she goes into this apt. In fact I believe she should be there right now. Let's pray for a good outcome.

Ellen, we will be praying for you as you face these surgeries. God will give you the needed strength.

Lucy and Steve, let's surround them with your prayers of comfort and wisdom as they walk this path they are on.

Kath, has a biopsy tomorrow and will see her doctor on Monday. Let's pray for the best outcome possible. They do not know if this is a recurring TNBC or a new cancer. Let's pray for complete peace and rest in the arms of Jesus.

Love,

Nancy

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited September 2015

Fervent intercessory prayer just sent up; Blessings coming down for each of you.

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited September 2015

praying for all and interceding for your needs. The prayers of the righteous a availeth much! Praying with ceasing.

Anita, I see you have logged on recently. Must know that you are always in my prayers dear sister.

Praying across the miles.

-Angie

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited September 2015

Been praying as I read. Sitting in the chemo chair getting my herceptin / perjeta infusions. Only 2 more to go.

Ellen I am so sorry about your hips. I am waiting to finish treatment before seeing an orthopedic doctor. Hoping this pain will subside and I won't need surgery. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

Ladies, it seems that many of you are under attack. I have some news from Joanne and I am going to paste part of an email she sent today.

"I really hate to tell you, but my appt was not so good.

PS said this in my chest is either, #1 It is a deep infection, #2 It is just not going to heal because it is so close to the bone....In either case I will have to have surgery, taking a flap from my upper abdomen to fill.

#3 It could be cancer. He does not think it is cancer since there was none in the deep tissue removed, but since it is a possibility he did a biopsy and I won't know anything until Friday or Monday.

The biopsy will say if it is infection or cancer.

He cauterized it with silver nitrate. It could just heal and be ok, but I got the impression that he thinks he will have to do more surgery.

It hurts pretty bad right now, so I've had to take percocet again."

Let's be in fervent prayer ladies. Our little family here is under attack and I am going to fight in my War Room as hard as I know how to pray. I am SICK AND TIRED OF THE DEVIL TAKING WHAT IS OURS.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

XJerseygirl, praying that you are resting comfortably and that everything went well yesterday with your surgery. I will be praying for physical and emotional healing as this surgery is shock to the body as well as the mind. Praying that you will have people that can come along side you to help you in your recovery.

Jean, two more to go. Praying that you make it home safely.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited September 2015

Back home. Infusion went without a hitch. Lots of pain but took a good nap and going to try to make prayer meeting tonight. Also, hubby is doing amazingly well with his new diet. No incontinence, no arthritic pain, getting strength back and totally off all diabetic meds with low blood sugars. God is good.

Praying for a miracle for Jo. Love, Jean

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited September 2015

Just a quick check in. I am still all over the place emotionally. I want to thank Nancy who has been there to relay messages to the group. Please know I read when I am able, and am in prayer for all of you: Jo, strong prayers it is NOT cancer, and will heal! She, others having surgery, prayers!

I have a biopsy at hospital at 8 a.m. Then paracentesis--- draining of the excess fluid in my belly. I don't care if I look preggo, its uncomfortable.

I am hopeful it is a treatable cancer. I am trying to fight Satan with his attacks, and am making my bathroom the War room

Hugs and blessings to all

K

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited September 2015

Prayers going up for you, Kath. I will be praying in the morning too. I hate all this.

I also add my prayers that there is no cancer, Jo. I wish we could all just get well and healthy. Enough is enough!

I do not yet know the results of the biopsies taken last Friday. Stressful.

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

We serve a BIG God who is able to deal with big challenges. I am putting all of our requests at the feet of Jesus. He knows what to do and when to do it.

Love

Nancy

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited September 2015

Long day with test, very very tired and coughing and weak, Thank You all for caring

need to rest, hope to know soon. Thank You all again, Debbie

MedicatingHeavenly Father, Thank You for this wonderful group and the love

they share. Bless all those that need Your loving arms around them, as You

fill them with Your comforting love. Please help all those that are going though

a lot, Bless Jo, I know dealing with the unknown. Father please comfort and carry

all these wonderful ladies through their storm so they may see a rainbow

Fear not I am with you; be not dismayed; I am your God, and help you,

and uphold you with My right hand of justice. Isaiah 41:10

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

Debbie,

We are praying for you to feel better in all ways. I am praying that Faith is doing well and is a good companion for you. We love the heart that you have for others. God Bless you dear sister,

Love,

Nancy

• Againstthewind
    Againstthewind Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2015

Am feeling blessed today! Thank you all for thoughts and prayers, will be praying for all of you too. Went to new bible study group last night, they are studying book called Victory Over Darkness by Neil T Anderson. Has anyone else read it? Am dreading tomorrow chemo, hate nausea seemed to stick around can't get rid of it totally even with meds. Never had it so long in past treatments, am beginning to think its all in my mind. Will see what doc says tomorrow. Hoping all of you have a blessed day!

Do not tell God how big the storm is.

Tell the storm how big your God is!!!

• Xjerseygrl
    Xjerseygrl Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2015

Thank you for all your prayers for my surgery on Monday. My bmx went well. I was pretty out of it on Monday and my BS came to see me yesterday morning. Took 2 lymph nodes both negative and clean margins. Praise to God! Had immediate reconstruction and pain level not bad. Going home today will be nice to be there.

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

Good afternoon ladies,

Sheangel, we will be praying for your implant surgery tomorrow (Thursday) Praying for a successful surgery with good pain control and that you will be happy with the results.

Lucy, how are you doing? Haven't heard from you in a while. Know we are all praying for you and Steve.

Karen, will be praying for your treatment tomorrow.

Debbie (foots) continued prayers for you to feel much better and stronger and that this cough will go away. Give Faith a hug for me.

Joanne, praying for peace in the midst of the storm. Praying for family members as well while you wait for the results to know what is next. I am praying that this heals up on it's own and that the biopsy result will show NO infection and NO cancer.

Lynn, praying that you will get results very, very soon from your biopsy. Keep turning your fear over to Jesus.

Kath, praying that you can rest comfortably at home from your procedure today. I hope they can get results to you quickly and a plan in place for you. We all are praying.

Love,

Nancy

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited September 2015

Dearest Debbie! You are an angel and I pray for complete healing !!

Dearest Joanne! You are a warrior and Satan is attacking right now, I pray that you will overcome and have complete healing!

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited September 2015

In God's Hands

You're in God's hands

So have no fears....

He's cared for you

Down through the years.

Your in the prayers

of those you love,

And God is watching

From above.

Your faith has carried

You thus far,

God will meet you

Where you are. Anna M Matthews

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

God has not brought us this far to abandon us now. I know in our limited human understanding when things look bleak and we can't imagine things getting any worse is sometimes the point where we see God do miraculous things. I know Anita has been logging on and reading and I love her words that this is only half the story.

As Lynn and Kath and Joanne wait for biopsies results I pray that they can all feel the Lord envelope them with His peace. Several months ago I shared part of a sermon I had heard from the Pastor at the Brooklyn Tabernacle. He talked of inviting Jesus into your day, into your problem, into your marriage, into you diagnosis. Jesus first recorded miracle was turning the water into wine. That miracle would have never happened if Jesus had not been invited to the wedding. I have regularly been doing that and it is just a way of not taking on the day in your own power but hand in hand with the Lord. Now that is where the power is.

I pray that we will be able to see some breakthroughs and that we will hear testimonies of faith and hope surging in the hearts of sisters going through difficult times.

I pray that everyone gets a good night's sleep to serve you for another night,

Love

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

Remember to pray for Sheangel as she has her implant surgery on Thursday.

Karen has a chemo treatment on Thursday.

Greta is dealing with SE's from her chemo treatment.

Xjerseygirl is recuperating from her mastectomy.

Lucy and Steve need an outpouring of love and wisdom.

Debbie needs wisdom as her insurance is rejecting a cancer drug who doctor wants her to take.

Lord we all have needs that only you can meet. We put our trust in you and our needs and burdens at your feet. Give us the strength and courage to trust you each day no matter how things look in our humanness. Trust and obey for there is no other way to be happy in Jesus but to trust and obey.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

Praying for Sheangel as she has her surgery today.

Praying for xjerseygirl as she starts her road to recovery from her mastectomy.

Praying for Karen as she has a chemo treatment today. Praying that the nausea will be managed.

I will be lifting all of you up individually during my lap swim today.

Praying for peace for those awaiting test results.

Praying for those dealing with pain and suffering.

Praying for those dealing with sickness.

Love,

Nancy

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited September 2015

Dear all, I had a call from the gastro doctor today and he said biopsies were clear. Another sigh of relief. Thank you to all who sent up a prayer for me. I was diagnosed at the beginning of this year. I knew nothing about Breast cancer. Yes, I was scared, but as time goes on, I get more scared. I thought I would have the double mastectomy (because I knew it was aggressive and I would need chemo). So, OK, chemo, loose my hair, but it would be all over. I have learned this is not so. It just keeps going. Oh, and on Arimidex now too so my skin can dry up and bones become brittle. Every little pain scares me and I get panic attacks. Now, one week from tomorrow is exchange surgery. I am ready to get these hard, painful expanders out, but surgery scares me too. How do you EVER have a normal life again?

Sorry to whine, but it is so all-consuming. I am not as good as Nancy in naming all of you by name, so I go by Nancy's posts and pray for you. She keeps me up to date. Thank you, Nancy. I am praying for those who just had surgery and Sheangel who had surgery today. Praying for those in trestment. Praying for those in pain, both physical and emotional. Praying for those waiting on test results. Kathy and Joanne, and others I am sure. It just encompasses so much for so many. I wish God would heal everyone with anything to do with cancer. I pray a lot....no special times. I am greatful for he the blessings I have and continue to trust God. Some days are just harder than others.

Hope you had a nice, long, enjoyable swim, Nancy.

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

Good evening ladies,

Lynn, glad to hear that your biopsy was clear.

Sheangel pray that you are resting comfortably after your surgery today.

I am feeling that we need to have a few seconds of mental diversion. I have especially wanted to bless Anita with some peaceful pics and tell her how much she is loved. Many that are going through some very heavy things right now need a few seconds of peace. I have tried to pick out some peaceful photos that I have taken over the last year or so. They may not be the best pics but I have tried to select ones that evoke peace. So here are a few seconds of distraction from the stress you are feeling.

Hope it worked.

Love,

Nancy