thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited September 2015

Kath, I'm praying for your treatment and positive outcome. I'm praying for all you ladies. I wish I was better at posting, but out of sight does not mean out of mind. You all inspire me.

So, I have not worked for 3 years. I have been on disability for 2. I applied for a job in a call center a few months ago. They work with people with disabilities. They pay is not what I was earning, but it's not bad. I can try working for a number of months without losing my disability. Here's the thing. I recently agreed to fill in at church for 6 weeks, as I mentioned in an earlier post, and also signed up for a 6 week yoga class. I hadn't heard from the company at all and thought they weren't interested, but today I received an email from them asking for an interview. Of course it's next week on the same day of my colonoscopy.

So I guess I'm asking for guidance as to how to proceed should they be willing to reschedule an interview. I want to do God's will, but I'm uncertain as to how to proceed. I have prayed that if I am supposed to have this job, it will happen, but I'm confused at this point. I don't know if I will be able to work f/t, but I would like to try. I'm sorry to go on so long. I know many have more pressing issues than this, but I ask for your prayers.

Blessings

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited September 2015

I had my pet scan today to rule out spread of cancer as the cause of my severe pain in hips, back and left knee. Also muscle pain and cramps. I was actually offered a wheel chair several times today. I will get the results either tomorrow or hopefully Monday, then the next step will be decided. I am also off femara for this week at my chemo doc's insistance. I'll try to update you as soon as I get any news. Love, Jean

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited September 2015

My Lord, sending up prayers for all my friends here going through such trials It is not easy to hold on but hold on to our faith we continue to do as that is where our strength, our only strength, will come from. I love you my Father, my rock, my provider and I know that my prayers will not reach unhearing ears. Thank you for your grace, Jesus and for all your love and tenderness as we travel this way.

In His precious name, Jesus, Amen.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited September 2015

Mini, praying that if this job is the Lord's will for you then doors will open for you regardless of your colonoscopy.

Jean, praying that your Pet scan will be clear and that you will get some answers with hopefully some easy solutions.

Lynn, praying for your surgery tomorrow. Fear not for the Lord will be with you.

Joanne, praying that these spots will heal and that you can have peace about your recovery.

Kath, we will all be lifting you up for strength for the journey you are now on. One that you never chose but one that the Lord will see you through. He will hold your right hand and together you will get through this. I am praying that this drug will zap those cancer cells and dissolve the mass and those nodules. The Lord is saying to you right now Fear not, I will help you. You can do this.

Have a good night everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited September 2015

Thank you, Nancy. Praying for you, Kath!

• Gretagirl
    Gretagirl Member Posts: 129
    edited September 2015

Hello everyone! I have been in a whirlwind over here. My mom went into hospital a week ago today to do a cardio version and they could not do it because her blood count was too low. They admitted her to the hospital and found several other issus one being her kidneys are not pumping fluid and salt off her so she is now starting dialysis. Her doc said it may not be permanent time will tell. Possibly that part of the kidney function will return. In the meantime I have spent the past week in 4th chemo teatment and doing all the necessary steps to get my dad admitted to the nursing home. It's been sad but a relief as well. I have been exhausted trying to deal with and take of him it's too much with his Alzheimer's and mom not here to help. My dear friend brought him for me today. She said he was joking smiling and talking when she got him settled. I tried my best to explain why he was going and how long he would stay but he just doesn't understand. Not sure how long he will be there have to see how things go here.

Joanne I do not know how anyone can make it through this life without God! Good day wonderful day or bad day I know I need my Saviour always! I also am a firm believer in PRAYER! It does the soul so much good!

Prayers for all. I have to believe that God has us and for every trial we are going thought He has a divine purpose!

SEs right now are ok. Just a little more tired.

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

Hello ladies of faith,

As we all are on our individual journeys we have different needs at different times. Today Lynn as she has her surgery needs wisdom and a steady hand from her medical team. She needs freedom from pain when she is out of surgery and on to her recovery.

Kath needs an extra reserve of supernatural strength to start another chemo journey today.

Lucy and Steve need guidance and direction and comfort as they travel some deep waters.

Anita, needs comfort and strength from family and friends and from you Lord.

Joanne, needs relief from the battle that she has been in for a very long time.

Some have just had surgery and some are going to be facing major surgery.

Some are in pain both physical and emotional.

Some are dealing with the loss of loved ones.

Some are dealing with issues that have been going on for a long time and not seeing answers.

Many are dealing with fear of recurrence and need a hope for their future.

In all of these situations we do need emergency numbers. Here are a few you can post on your refrigerator along with the various 911 numbers.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited September 2015

Good news, scan came back clear for cancer. Not so good....don't know yet how to deal with the pain. May not know much till my appointment with my chemo doc on October 12th.

• mysunshine48
    edited September 2015
    • zjroseinthal,
  • mysunshine48
    edited September 2015

zjroseinthal, Praise God for a clear scan.

Surgery this morning and I am resting at home. Tender and some pain, but doing OK. I pray for no infections or complications.

I continue to keep each of you in my prayers. We all face difficult circumstances and struggles. Like Greta says, I cannot imagine going through all this without God's help. Prayer IS powerful.

Nancy, Thank you for supporting us all. You are a special lady and I pray that you sleep well tonight.

• patoo
    edited September 2015

Lord, intercessory prayers going up for all these wonderful people who love you so very much. Thank you so much for your unending tender mercies. Please let each of them feel your loving embrace so they continue to reach out to you for their strength. You are awesome, my Father, our rock. There is nothing you deny to your children as they live totally by faith.

Thank you Jesus, in your precious name, Amen.

My friends, praying constantly, even when I don't post, that your strength will be made even stronger as you continue to look to our Lord.

Blessings coming your way,

Phyllis

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited September 2015

Love to see posts about wonderful scan results! thanks Jean, and Lynn yours will too

Greta, true whirlwind. Prayers for peach and guidance.

Jo, you are in my heart daily

Lucy, daily affirmations for you and your dear dear BFF and DH.

Karen, how are you?

Nancy, your posts never cease to amaze me. Phone list on the fridge and shared. Your layout makes it so easy to pray. How are YOU feeling? thanks and love for all you do

Had chemo this morning and went to work. I honestly feel with every pain, every sweat that those cells are exploding and dying. I have banned Satan from any SEs -- God and I, and all of you, are willing and will continue to ahead on the scoreboard.

One book I am reading is Jack Graham, Diamonds in the Dark- I hope to post an excerpt this weekend.

First lifting you all up individual in complete gratitude, and then specific prayer

Love and blessings.

Kath

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

Good evening ladies,

Glad to hear some good reports.

Lynn, glad your surgery is over and you are home resting. Praying for a quick recovery with manageable pain.

Jean, glad your scans were good. Hopefully the cause of your pain can be determined and remedied easily.

Greta, I know you have your hands full now. I pray that the situation with your mom will be temporary. I didn't realize the nursing home for your Dad is temporary. Prayers for you dear sister for strength and peace in the midst of deep waters.

Joanne, praying against discouragement. (Ladies, Joanne possibly has another infection. She had some antibiotics on hand and is back on them. Let's pray that this infection if it is that will just be knocked out immediately. She won't see her PS until Tuesday.) One of her daughters and DH is moving to Florida and they have lived close for many years. Prayers for the transition for all of them)

Debbie (foots), have you heard anything from your tests. Praying for you dear one.

Lucy and Steve, you are continually in my prayers dear sister.

Anita, we are still praying for you even though you may not be able to post. We love you and care about you so much.

Kath, so glad you have the first chemo down. Praying for the chemo to work and the one to be approved. Strength, peace, hope and rest is what I am praying for you for the weekend. You can do this!

I am still having nausea which is pretty discouraging especially when I thought I had found the culprit. Well, I guess it is more complicated that just one thing interacting with my AI. I am still swimming and am not going to stop since this could go on for a very long time. I am working on a photo album for my mom's birthday. Turning out to be a huge project and more than I had planned for in the little time I have left. Her 90th birthday is Oct. 12 and I will be down there but not sure when yet. My insomnia is under control but it is a fine balance between nausea and insomnia with the timing of my AI. Life is never dull that is for sure.

I hope everyone who needs rest will get it and those who need to get out there moving can do that as well. I plan to do both.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

Hi Everyone,

Please pray for Debbie (foots). I am not sure what is going on for sure but I don't think it is good. I know she was waiting on a test. I heard from her a few days ago and I think she has another cancer but not completely sure what is going on. Let's all lift her up in prayer. She has been such a prayer warrior and inspiration to hundreds and probably thousands of women for many years on BCO. Let's cover her with prayer now.

Love,

Nancy

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited September 2015

Dear Nancy!! Thank you for the first emergency numbers!! I will use them often!

Prayers for all of you wonderful ladies here! Your needs and challenges are many! I wish you all comfort and peace!! Covering Debbie and Lucy and Steve in prayer!!

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

Good evening ladies,

Lynn praying you are doing well after surgery.

Sheangel and Xjerseygirl, praying that you are well on your recovery.

Greta, Karen and Kath, praying your chemo is manageable.

Lucy, Anita, Debbie (Ireland) praying for your treatments to be successful.

Joanne, praying for complete healing from your surgery and praying against infection.

Debbie (foots), we are lifting you up dear sister for peace in the midst of the storm.

Jean and Ellen, praying for easing of your pain.

Angie, how are you doing?

Mags, Mini, Polly, Vickie, Bev, Char, Phyliss, Kathy, Evie, praying the Lord meets all of your needs.

Everyone, hope you can make it to church tomorrow and if not I hope you feel the Lord's presence with you.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited September 2015

Nancy, thanks for your faithfulness in posting prayers for our needs. Prayed thru the list in agreement this morning. Also for you. Still asking for prayer for a way to treat this severe pain, especially when I try to walk. Blessed Sabbath to alk. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited September 2015

Jo, I pray for you to have wisdom in seeing any doctor you need to see and for you to finally get permanent healing. Strength, patience and courage in the meantime. Hebrews 10:36 Love, Jean

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited September 2015

Good afternoon ladies,

To keep Satan away from us as we prepare for church, we often listen to praise and worship music thru our phone or Pandora.....thought of so many of you this morning as I heard Ron Kenoly's "God is Able"....if you haven't heard this or don't know who he is, google Ron Kenoly on You Tube and several of his songs appear, including "God is Able". It'll put your toes tapping...and hands raised...

Praying for each of you...hope you experience a time of worship with others or in your own home.

Ellen

• She-Angel
    She-Angel Member Posts: 97
    edited September 2015

I have been a the beach a full 12 hours and it has rained on an off the majority of that time and it is still beautiful, reminding me that in order to enjoy the sunshine we too must experience the storms. My scripture reading today was Hebrews 1-4 and I read a section that made me anxious. "...that through death he might destroy him that had power of death, that is the devil and deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage..". It took me having a panic attact to realize that is exactly what the enemy wanted me to do, instead of calm and peace that I should have gotten my mind went straight to all the "things" that I would miss and all the things I would not know. I actually had to walk out into the rain and get myself back to what God was trying to tell me. That through him I am free and have everlasting life and by constantly trying to hold on to this life I will constantly be a slave and in fear of what is to be and that is all the enemy needs to cloud our head. I pray that we all get to experience his peace and walk away from the things that bind us here.

• zjrosenthal
    edited September 2015

I have been pretty much of a slug the last few weeks. I need to push past the pain and stiffness and get moving again. Been sleeping a lot and in poor me mode. I need to start posting my gratitude here again so here goes.

Today I am grateful for sunshine, the beginning of fall as leaves are just starting to turn, hubby's calm and support lately, a clear pet scan and friends who pray for me. I'm grateful for life, for family and for a great granddaughter who is starting to crawl. So how about it ladies....what are you grateful for today? Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

Jean, I have been thinking about our days of gratitude. I am glad you started the ball rolling. There is nothing like a grateful heart to pull us out of the doldrums. We need some good distractions I think. I am grateful for my swan family which I was able to visit recently. I am grateful that God ignited my passion for photography which has been a life changer for me. I will share some of my new swan photos. I would like to think this is Mama and Papa swans from my family last year that had the five babies.

• She-Angel
    She-Angel Member Posts: 97
    edited September 2015

I love the swans photos, but then again i do love all your photos

• zjrosenthal
    edited September 2015

Today I am grateful for my dear hubby who just brought me coffee!

Just got an urgent email to shower northern Iraq in prayer where children who won't reject Jesus are being beheaded in front of there parents. Please pray. Love, Jean

• patoo
    edited September 2015

Jean, prayer sent up. I am touched that these children would hold on to their faith under such circumstances. We should also keep all our brothers and sisters worldwide who are being maimed and tortured for following our Lord, Jesus, in our prayers on a daily basis.

Phyllis

• mysunshine48
    edited September 2015

Oh, my gosh! Unbelieveable! Why isn't this on the news? I will be praying for these people. It is just beyond my understanding that there are such horrible human beings in this world.

Right now, recovering from surgery last Friday. Feeling greatful for it to be over and with no complications. However, still reading posts and keeping you all in my prayers.

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

Good evening ladies,

This man is Mr. John McGrosso. He will be 100 years old on Nov. 4 and I am praying that he will make it to that milestone. He was my professor of clarinet at Illinois Wesleyan University in Bloomington, IL where he still lives. He is in hospice now. My ex boyfriend called me out of the blue two years ago and told me he had visited our professor. I had sent my professor birthday letters for a couple of years. My ex paid him a visit recently and his mind is still sharp. I wrote him and sent him some pictures thinking it would be the last time I would write. However my professor had other ideas. LOL He wants to keep corresponding. I am planning on witnessing to him in this next letter I want to send it soon. I pray that he will receive it in love and act on it if he has not made his peace with God. I also sent my ex an email tonight and told him I literally had a come to Jesus moment my summer before my senior year in college. We had broken up before I became a Christian. He had graduated at that point and found his soul mate and they have been married ever since. I am telling you all of this because I ask that you pray for this wonderful man who was the most soft spoken, intelligent and gentle person who had a huge impact on my life. Now I want to have a huge impact on his by hopefully leading him to the Lord. He has outlived his wife and has a son who teaches music at a university out of state and I don't know how much contact he actually has now with people. He has more than likely outlived most of them.

She, I appreciate your kind words. I am praying against this fear that is creeping in. I know that this is a common battle that we all feel no matter how strong in the Lord we are. I have had to turn things over to the Lord a lot recently as that is what we need to do to not be crushed by the weight of our burdens and fears.

I have received emails as well regarding these children who are beheaded in front of their parents. It just does not seem to be grabbing national attention and I imagine there are political reasons for that. We need to pray for these countries who are persecuting Christians and we need to pray for our missionaries who live in these political hotbeds. We are living in very dangerous times and it certainly seems like God is preparing for His coming.

I know that so many of you are in your own personal battles and it is easy to get beaten down by them. I think that the Lord wants us to offer ourselves as a living sacrifice for him and knowing that we are not to hold on tight to the things of this world. I know these are hard things for us but we are to be strangers in a foreign land only passing through. Some of you will get to heaven before others and we may get there before those behind us. I also believe that ONLY the Lord knows when our time to go will be and that we should do everything we can to live while we are here. I believe that the doctors can be flat out wrong when they say a person only has so many years or months or weeks to live. People have time and time again outlived what the doctors had predicted.

I know for myself that my diagnosis has made me grab onto life and to live it more fully and not just waste the days away. I want to be used of the Lord and be a blessing to those around me. When I cease to do that then it is my time to go. I have several opportunities right now to witness to some people that I thought I would never get a chance to. It is exciting to see what the Lord is doing. Christianity should never be boring. To see the blessings of the Lord and to look for them makes for an exciting adventure. That is how I want to spend the rest of my days while I can.

I pray for all of you regularly and I do not take that lightly.

If I could find a way that there would be no suffering in this world it would be a wonderful thing but the reality is there is suffering and many of us are experiencing what that means many days of the week. These trials can either break us or make us more pliable in the Lord's hands. He is the potter and we are the clay. He wants to make something beautiful in our suffering. I pray that is happening with every single one of you.

God Bless You all. Sleep well.

Love,

Nancy

• patoo
    edited September 2015

Asking for prayer for a sister here: https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/38/topic/835328?page=1#idx_12 who is looking to draw closer to our Father. Please pray for her and, if you choose, post on her thread so she knows how much He loves her.

• 27heart
    27heart Member Posts: 83
    edited September 2015

Hi Phyllis, I'm here. Thank you so much for your request. Reading this thread has changed my perspective on my "predicament". Others are fighting war and dying, yet I'm whining about lost love and cancer fears.

I found strength from this thread, from God, through you. Thank you Father, and thank you for those praying for me, with me.