thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited September 2015

Glad you are here 27. Whine on as our hearts cry out for our brothers and sisters around the world but that does not negate your trials. You are correct, it does give us another perspective but our Lord loves and is there for all of us and wants us to ask Him for support.

• 27heart
    27heart Member Posts: 83
    edited September 2015

Congratulations on the safe arrival of Sameul, Joanne! Love the picture!

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited September 2015

Hi ladies of faith,

Welcome to 27heart. I see you are pretty new to the forum. We are like a little online support/prayer group from all over the country and nation. Feel free to whine away. We all have to vent someplace and this is a good place to do it because we have all been there.

Joanne, congratulations on little Samuel. He is a cutie. I can only imagine if you have family reunions you probably need lots of chairs. LOL Thanks for praying for Mr. McGrosso. I am hoping to have time to get a letter off to him very soon. Had my six month follow up with my BS this morning. Woke up at 3 and couldn't get back to sleep so I am a zombie about now.

Let's pray for Kath. She is having a difficult time with this new chemo she started on Friday and it is a busy time at her workplace and she is dealing with exhaustion. Pray she can fight with all of her might.

I will post more later. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited September 2015

Jo, you great grandson is adorable. Congradulations!

Praying for Mr. McGrosso.

I am to see the Sloan Kettering doctor who specializes in dealing with the type of pain I am having and may be put on a different AI.

Praying God will bring the members if Isis to their knees before Jesus and save them.

Love, Jean

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited September 2015

Got through the colonoscopy. There has got to be an easier way to prepare for one.SickTiredOnly one polyp.They are sending it off for biopsy.

Fall is finally here. I don't mind the cooler temps, but hate the winter to follow. Trying to stay in a good peace of mind. I've begun taking yoga. It has helped me a lot with my joint and back pain. I would never have thought I would enjoy it, but I do. There are all shapes, sizes, ages and abilities in our classes, so I don't feel like a fish out of water.

I am thinking of you all.

Blessings

• Xjerseygrl
    Xjerseygrl Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2015

Good afternoon everyone, I finally finished reading all the posts since my bmx on 9/14. I am feeling better every day and have been walking about a half mile to a mile weather permitting as we are still in rainy season. Thank you everyone for lifting me up in prayers before, during and after my surgery I have being feeling the power of your prayers. I saw my PS yesterday and he removed my drains and that helps immensely in making me feel better. I am one of the unfortunate ones who is not only allergic to adhesive but discovered compliments of my drain tubes that I am allergic to latex. Oh yeah for the itchy blisters I have had since 3 days post op to discover even bigger ones from where the drain was stitched to my skin but they are out and I will heal. I got to sleep in my bed last night propped up with what felt like a thousand pillows but it wasn't the recliner and this morning I took a shower. Oh how the small things seem to matter when we can't do them. More good news DH has come off the waiting list and is now eligible for Florida's Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long Term Care Services at home. PTL!! I will now have help caring for him after being his only caregiver for 3+ years. Could not have come at a better time as I get ready to begin chemo in about weeks. I had been worried about how i was going to care for him and do chemo also as we have no family in Florida. A couple weeks before my surgery, our
    Sunday morning message was about giving our burdens to God and we were invited to write our burdens on a piece of paper and place them on the alter for God...next thing I know my prayers are being answered. We just have to remember our prayers are answered in God's time not ours.

Welcome Karen and 27heart to a great group of women who will lift you up in prayer and where we can vent, cry, laugh, share the good with the bad and thank God we are his children and can do all things through Christ Jesus.

Mags thank you for sharing the wonderful video i really enjoyed it and the timing is perfect.

Joanne congratulations on your new grandson Samuel he is a cutie.

Nancy thank you for keeping us all informed and your wonderful pictures they always make me feel better. You are a great photographer.

Praying for Ellen, Sheangel, Joanne, Jean, Nancy, mysunshine, 27heart, Greta, Lynn, Mini, Lucy, Debbie(foots), Kath, Mr. McGrosso, I hope i didn't miss anyone and if I did please know I am praying for all of us on here.

I am grateful I serve a merciful, loving God and that someday I will be at home with him where we will all be new again, where there will not be any horrible diseases and we will not be fighting any type of cancers. I am grateful for all my wonderful friends who have been with me and especially for my friend Karen who came and stayed with DH while i was in the hospital and stayed with us for a week to get me on the road to recovery.

Blessing to all,

Jeanne

• patoo
    edited September 2015

Jeanne, thanks for your testimony. It makes my heart sing to read how our Lord works things out. PTL.

JO-5, cutie #15 - congrats.

Lord, hear my prayers coming up for each of my friends crying out to you for help, healing, peace and more. Thank you for being there in all cases, at all times, good and bad. In your precious name, Amen.

Blessings.

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

Mini, glad your colonoscopy in now in the rearview mirror. I know I am always SO thankful when it is over. Praying that the polyp is nothing serious. What is the latest on this possible job?

Jean, praying that you can find a solution to all of this pain. I know you used to do Zumba and was very active. Praying you will get back to that place.

Xjerseygirl (Jeanne) so glad to hear from you. You left out one important word out I think in your nice and uplifting update. You said chemo will start in ______ weeks. Can you fill in the blank. You know I am one for details. LOL I am glad your drains are gone and that you actually was able to sleep in your bed even though you were propped up. Yes, it we can be so grateful for the little things when we don't have them. I guess the trick is to be grateful for the little things all the time. I heard this lady on my Christian radio station saying yesterday you can't be stressed when you are blessed. Her point was recognizing the blessings and being grateful for them is hard to feel stressed when you are realizing all the blessings God gives us every single day. So glad that DH is now accepted for the home services. I can only imagine how thrilled you are with that. I am a partial caregiver to my mom and I know how thrilled I was when we got some help for her. She is three hours away so I go down and stay with her about a third of my years. In fact her 90th is coming soon and I will be down staying with her then. Take care and thanks for all the good news.

Have a good night everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• Mini1
    edited September 2015

Welcome to our new sisters. I'm sorry you have to join our club, but glad you have such awesome sisters to connect with.

Joanne - Your grandson is absolutely adorable!

My husband still has heard nothing about his resume (for the job in Savannah) other than that it has been passed up the food chain. I got an email today and have an interview on Tues. I really thought that after turning down their first two offers for an interview I would not hear from them again. I have an interview on Tuesday.

Blessings

• Xjerseygrl
    Xjerseygrl Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2015

Nancy, I can fill in the blank...my port is being placed on 10/8, I see my PS on 10/14 and he will give the okay for chemo to begin as long as I do not have any complications between now and then. So I'm thinking it will be in about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks. What a great saying and recognizing our blessings is not always easy I have learned since Harry's accident how much little things mean that I didn't think about before and it may be as simple as Harry sitting outside at night with me and just enjoying being together, watching the sunset and the stars come out as he spends most of his time in his recliner sleeping or staring at the tv. Life as we had known it changed in an instant and I am grateful and blessed for the 42 years we had before and for the small glimpses of the man he used to be when they surface occasionally now.

• zjrosenthal
    edited September 2015

Today I am so grateful for finally getting back to moving. I was able to walk a mile and a half! Go God! Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited September 2015

I am thankful for the fall colors that are beginning to show themselves.

• zjrosenthal
    edited September 2015

Today I am grateful for life, for the rain and for watching the leaves,starting to turn. Also for hearing hubby's breathing as he sleeps peacefully. Love, Jean

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited September 2015

I am thankful for a successful surgery last Friday and no complications. Met with PS and he said everything looked good. I pray it continues. God bless each one of you!

• Mini1
    edited September 2015

Hello all. Our family needs prayers. My husband's cousin has been diagnosed with stage 4 bladder cancer. It has metasticized (sp?) to his liver, lungs and lymph nodes. He is deciding whether to have chemo, and has been given 6 months to a very optimistic 2 years. He has a wife and a 6 year-old son. Add to that, his father is slowly dying of Lou Gherig's disease. He is almost totally paralyzed and has extreme difficulty speaking. And to top it all off, his brother finished treatment for lymphoma just a year or so ago. His mom and dad are very devout, but he has been adrift the last few years. I am praying that he will be able to regain his faith. He's going to need it. His wife and family, as well.

Thank you for your prayers!

• mysunshine48
    edited September 2015

Mini1, I am praying now. God be with the family.

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited September 2015

Mini, Jo, others, on it!!!

Thankful for you all. I feel all of you. Thankful for a busy day to distract me at work.

Prayers needed: Blue Cross is denying abraxene. The will pay for taxol, but I was highly allergic.

Am on carboplatin, but need the abraxene. Apparently not for uterine

Kath

• mysunshine48
    edited October 2015

Kath, Is there any way you can talk to someone at Blue Cross? Send proof of not being able to have taxol? Something? This is not fair. Somehow you need to get the medicines you need! Can your doctor do more? I will pray that you get it!

• Tobycc
    edited October 2015

thanks Lynn--- my MO has already had one meeting with their peer review board. He is really trying, thank God

K

• patoo
    edited October 2015

My heart is breaking for you all. Prayers have just gone up and will send more in a little bit before bed.

Night my friends.

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited October 2015

Kath, praying for you and specifically will add the insurance coverage request.

Mini, i have added your prayer request to our intercessory prayer team.

Lucy, praying and thinking about you and Steve.

Nancy, thank you for always pulling it together and thinking about everyone. You are continuously on my prayer list.

Debbie (Foots), per my PM lifting you up during this time. Maureen and I are standing in for your ministry on the prayer thread. Deep frevant prayers for you my friend.

Praying Always for each of you,

Angie

• bandwoman1234
    edited October 2015

I am praying for all of the expressed needs.

Kath, we will continue to storm heaven on your behalf and that the insurance will come through.

Mini, prayers for your family's urgent needs.

Lynn, glad you are doing well.

Lucy, Anita, Debbie and Debbie, prayers for you dear sisters.

Phyliss and Angie how are you both doing. Thanks for your prayers. You have mine as well.

Joanne, praying for a miracle of complete healing so you will not have to have another surgery.Thank you for posting for my cat emergency. She is resting comfortably now at home and praying that she will be fine and that I will not have to administer the pain meds. I have dreaded this possibility because she does have an aggressive streak if she feels threatened and giving her a syringe in her mouth is going to be a huge challenge. It's possible be that she won't need it but they gave me several syringes for every 12 hours. It is hopefully only a bladder infection and she will respond to the shots they gave her tonight.

I hope everyone has a restful night and that each of you awakens with a spirit of hope that will be like an angelic bubble that will surround each of you through the day.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited October 2015

Today I am grateful for my two precious cats.

Praying as I read. Love, Jean

• Gretagirl
    Gretagirl Member Posts: 129
    edited October 2015

Hello to everyone. I have a very very trying past week and SEs had me feeling rough. I have not had time to catch up but will try to soon. Dad in nursing home poor darling is confused but doing ok mom home from hospital yesterday waiting to see dialysis is permanent or not youngers daughter headed back to MD Anderson next week they found some pre cancerous cells in a Pap smear. Hope all are doing good

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited October 2015

Love the post Jo it was right on time

• Mini1
    edited October 2015

My polyp is benign, PTL. Scared me though when the Doctor called to tell me. When I realized it was the doctor himself, I thought it was bad news. It's amazing how fast you go back to that place.

Blessings!

• patoo
    edited October 2015

Mini1 - that is great news. JO-5, wonderful post - thanks. Gretagirl, you have a lot on your plate. Sorry you are going through all this. Nancy, I am doing well. I am so blessed and thankful to my God everyday for His grace.

Please keep one our our sisters, aurora, in prayer. Here is her request to me and I let her know I would post here: "I went to see the orthopedic surgeon and I will be having hip replacement surgery on the 16th to replace the femur and the hip and hopefully regain some mobility. I wont be having chemo for two weeks prior to the surgery and 6 weeks post op. It is a high risk surgery and if you are inclined to do so any prayers will be welcomed. I have faith that my God will carry me through this as He has in the past.".

Thanks all you prayer warriors.

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited October 2015

Thank you for re-posting Patoo. And for letting me know about this thread, I will start reading here, although I don't post much.

Aurora

• patoo
    edited October 2015

Not a problem that you don't post Aurora. We will keep you in prayer for upcoming surgery and beyond.

• Tobycc
    edited October 2015

JO, I look forward to reading your post in a little while in my War Room. I am so thankful today that there were some good results for some--- individual prayers for each need in a bit.

As I told Nancy, I could not sleep last night, but not from SE's. Bed early. Thankful for a very long, extremely productive day at work feeling good. Thankful I can work from home tomorrow before MO appointment at 11. After lots of questions we have, then second treatment.

I honestly am full of joy and peace.

I am reading The Mission is Remission, which I think I bought only cause I really like the title! :)

Love to all of you: Greta, hang in there and pm me if you need to.

Hugs

Kath