thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited November 2015

JoAnne

Thank you for those beautiful scriptures. God is so faithful.

Continued prayers for your back pain & longer rest in the evening. Thanking the Lord for His blessings, esp for the friendship you share with a sister in Christ in Australia & the care of your dear hubby.

God bless you

G

• SpiritBlessing
    SpiritBlessing Member Posts: 552
    edited November 2015

Hi Sisters,

Hoping all are well and just relaxing from a busy weekend. I know we are chili the bit today and watched football. Packed a little bit then that was it.

Still having pain in my back so asking for prayer for that.

Jean glad DH is working on getting the room ready for you that will be so nice for you. Praying the dental procedure goes well and no problems.

27heart I agree you are very beautiful and what a blessing you were given with those results. God is so good, we serve an amazing God!

Jo thanks for the banners. The second one is my favorite as you can see it on my profile below. That was the verse God inspired me with that the beginning of my dx.

We'll have a blessed week ladies and know I'm praying for all of you as well.

Lucy

• longtimesurvivor
    longtimesurvivor Member Posts: 88
    edited December 2015

hi Lucy-

So sorry about the back pain. I am also having some although not diagnosed with any mets there. Today the NP prescribed a tapered steroid dose to try to knock the muscles back in shape. I guess that's good. Should flesh out if it's more than muscles..

Praying for you

And all of us- May we really really get it that we are His and one day will be with Him.. Which frankly is the best thing ever!!

Blessed Night:

Allison

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited December 2015

Yes, I am sure we are all busy, maybe too busy to write here, or even read, but I am sure we all do take time to pray daily. I know I do. God is looking out for us.

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited December 2015

Reading and praying. Not so much busy as uneventful ( which is a good thing I think). Hope and pray everyone is having symptom free and pain free days.

Aurora

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited December 2015

TO 27 HEART WHO FINISHED CHEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Praise God for the miracle he has worked in her both physically and spiritually.

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2015

Good morning ladies. I sure missed talking to all of you. I am finally back home with a working laptop now. PTL I was able to get email notifications with an old tablet but I was not able to see banners or pictures. I have been praying but I want to go back and read.

Lucy, I have been praying for your back pain and for you and Steve and for strength in your packing.

Kath, needs our prayers. She has not been able to get treatment because of swelling and her tumor markers went up so let's join in this fight with her to be able to get treatments without the disabling side effects.

Joanne, praying for you to be encouraged and praying for your pain as well.

I will write more later. I hope to get to the Y and get back into my routine. I will only be here for three weeks and then back to my mom's for three weeks.

Love

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited December 2015

Today I was feeling down and am so grateful for receiving a message to listen to this video. Hope this works and encourages you ladies. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2015

Grateful today for getting the link to this video. Love, Jean https://youtu.be/b8VoUYtx0kw

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2015

Jean, thanks for that video. I forget how touching it is to hear Mandisa along with the video. It is something we can all be blessed by.

Joanne, thanks for posting for me when I couldn't get on this site. Thanks for all the uplifting banners.

Kath, praying for you dear sis.

27heart, you are a beautiful young woman and I can't wait to see what God has in store for you. I know you realize what a miracle God has done for you.

Patoo, do you have family in Florida? I think this is your first time in Florida over the holidays. I hope you are enjoying all that sunshine and warmth.

Shirley, how are you doing?

Aurora, how are you doing? My aunt had her hip surgery about a week before you did. She had fallen and was in a rehab facility. She got back to her assisted living facility just this past Friday and unfortunately she fell again but overall is doing well. I hope you are as well.

Lucy and Steve, I am praying that you will get some help in packing and that the Lord will give you extra strength in that process.

Lynn, glad you were able to be with your daughter over Thanksgiving. I know you will be packing in the near future too. When will your move take place?

Mini, glad to hear Rosalie is off the ventilator. How are you doing?

Allison, I hope the steroids helps your back.

Brutersmom, how are you doing?

Praying for all of us tonight to have a good night's rest free of pain and full of restful sleep.

Love,

Nancy

• 27heart
    27heart Member Posts: 83
    edited December 2015

Thank you everyone for your kind words and wishes. My baldness does seem to glow under the lights. Haha! I got my PET scan results yesterday. I have complete response to my chemo. There's no cancer spots on the results at all.

I prayed really hard for God to give me a second chance at life, and He has answered with the most beautiful answer and I did not even dare to ask for. My scan was spotless. :')

• auroaya
    edited December 2015

27heart congratulations in your scan! God is good.

Nancy, while you were away I left the nursing facility and the hospital and I'm back at home which is fabulous ! I still got a drain bulb connected to the incision and its stubbornly refusing to dry out in the meantime I can't have a full body shower and is driving me nuts please pray that tomorrow it drains less than 30 cc so they can take it out Thursday!

I'm getting PT at home and is going well.

Hope everyone has a restful night.

Aurora

• SpiritBlessing
    SpiritBlessing Member Posts: 552
    edited December 2015

Hi sisters,

Welcome back Nancy. We missed you of course. Thanks all for the prayers.

The back pain is manageable but sure don't like taking the meds. They are causing the nausea and so have to take pills for that such a mess. Feeling a bit discouraged tonight. So much to be thankful for I know that. Our house closes on Thursday and so happy about that and all the help we have to move. Please pray for me tonight to feel better. Thanks to all of you. Praying for all of you ladies in your needs.

Lucy

• mysunshine48
    edited December 2015

imageimage

So happy for you, 27heart! God is good!

Glad you are home safely from your mom's, Nancy! Take some time for yourself before heading back. I move at the end of January. I have a trip planned to go to my son's for Christmas and be with his family. Young children pictured above. I have been with my daughter's family for 12 days. Older kids on top picture. I love them all so much! I am blessed!

I continue praying for us all for God to take care of our needs.

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2015

Good evening ladies,

God, I pray for Lucy tonight that you will envelope her with peace and hope during this difficult time. I am thankful you have provided help in moving. I know you love Lucy and Steve more than we can possibly imagine. I pray that Lucy can feel that love tonight as she is feeling down. Please lift her up and tell her what a beautiful person she is. I know you are proud of her as she glows with the love of Jesus inside her.

She, praying for you as you continue to work. I pray that the Lord will give you strength each day and that you can see hidden blessing in each of them.

Kath, I am praying that the Lord will be the lifter of your head and encourage your heart this week. Praying for a good night's rest and less swelling.

Lynn, your family is adorable. I am so glad you will get to spend the holidays with more family.

Joanne, praying that you can have a less painful night and that the Lord encourages your heart this holiday season.

Aurora, I pray that you will have such little drainage that they will definitely take out your drain on Thursday. Lord please let that happen for her so she can take a shower and feel better.

Angie, how are you doing? How is your ministry going? Organic garden? Your SE's?

Debbie (foots) praying for you. I would love to see more posts. Keep them coming. They are a blessing to all of us.

27heart, that is AMAZING results. BTW your bald head is beautiful. I hope you saw my post just for you. If you haven't you will need to scroll back just a little. I posted it this morning after returning home last night and finally having a working laptop.

Have a good evening.

Love,

Nancy

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited December 2015

27Heart, you continue to bring tears to my eyes when I see what the Lord has done for and through you. Lynn the pics are wonderful.

My sister will be here with me in FL (once she slows down and stops travelling!) have a cousin and son both about an hour away but they may as well be worlds away. My cousin was very aloof when I called and let her know we were here. My son is in a world of his own. I continue to pray for him to return to the Lord but at the same time I am glad he is making a life for himself and no longer dependent on me.

Prayers just went up for you all as I read the posts and saw each name.

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2015

I am so grateful for last night's good sleep. Today I take a 3hr roundtrip drive to see my rads doc for a 6 month checkup. Praying for all as I read. God is so good. Please keep hubby in prayer as he and our oldest son continue to clean out the downstairs room. Going to get ready for my appointment now. I'm so blessed to know all of you dear ladies. Love, Jean

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited December 2015

Checking in from work: my key board on my Ipad is not working, and I am NOT a two finger type!!! Thanks to all for posting pics, thankfulness stories, etc. I really did enjoy an incredible weekend with the family. I am still 10 lbs up from water retention: ever since I got the fluids. Friday we discuss new game plan. That chemo was working so well: I have to trust the Lord with all my being.

Prayers for all of those who have posted, for their individual needs. and Happy Birthday She!!!

Prayers welcome-- for healing, for edema, for new tx plan

Hugs and Love

Kath

• longtimesurvivor
    edited December 2015

Thank you - the steroids have sure helped the area I know is arthritic! Today will be a test as I watch my grandson all day. Usually killing me at end of the day.

Allison

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited December 2015

Sending up prayers for the families and friends of the San Bernandino CA victims. When will it end.

Come, Lord Jesus, come.

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2015

Good evening ladies,

Sorry i haven't had much of a chance to post today. I have had many irons in the fire today.

Yes, Patoo when will this insanity end.

Our hope is in Jesus as Joanne's banner proclaims. What does the world do without Jesus. They have no hope. That is where we come in. We are the light to the lost and our lights have to shine brightly in all of this madness in the world. I heard someone quote that when surveyed the people that do not attend church claimed that no one had ever invited them to go. I forget what the percentage was but it was shocking when I heard it.

We know that the enemy is the prince of this world but we know the end of the book and we know where our hope is and that Christ will reign in the end. Let's try to take as many people with us to heaven as we can during our very short time on this earth. In the light of eternity it is only a nano second that our life exists on this earth. All of our suffering will come to an end. In the end it will all be worth it.

Debbie (foots) needs our prayers. She is fighting bronchitis and a UTI and really needs our prayers. I think it is a lonely time for her during the holidays as she misses her family.

Kath, really needs our prayers. Her swelling is worse than it has ever been and she needs a miracle. Let's pray for her but let's pray for wisdom for her doctor who will make the decision on what new treatment plan he has in mind for her. Her tumor markers up up higher since she has been off treatment for a few weeks because of the horrible side effects. She is tired as she has been in one battle after another for a very long time. Please pray that the Lord will encourage her and give her renewed strength for this battle she is in. She is having problems with her new Ipad and her keyboard is not working and she is not sure if she is up to going to get it resolved because of the awful swelling in her legs. Let's surround her with our love and prayers during this time.

Have a good night's rest dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2015

Praying as I read dear ladies. Welcome home Nancy, good to have you back to keep my prayers organized.

My dental surgery is at 12:30 today. A complicated procedure to cut out the root of an absessed tooth from under a permanent bridge. A bit scary but praying all will go well with the procedure and recovery. Grateful for God having this found before it could cause problems with the hip replacemt. Love, Jean

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 947
    edited December 2015

I read this article last night and it is something that has been on my heart for several months. I am not trying to be political but it happens. This is about money spent on Breast Cancer awareness versus research for the cure. I have early stage breast cancer. I know that I have an 88% chance that I will never see a recurrence and I pray that I am in that 88% group. But that also means there are 12% that will. And we pray for them. As we pray lets pray that organizations who raise money will begin to reallocate funds to a cause that will advance the cure or better treatments for all people with cancer.

http://www.healthline.com/health/breast-cancer/turn-from-awareness-to-research

• auroaya
    edited December 2015

Brutersmom thank you for bringing this issue to our attention I'm stage IV and when I had my first dx nobody told me it could come back but here I am and will continue to be until the Lord decides otherwise and praying they will find a cure and make it available to everyone

Aurora

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited December 2015

Dear Jean, lifting you up in prayer for your dental surgery!!!

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2015

Surgery done. I'm home, sore but mannageable. Just grateful its over. Lying down with an ice pack. Thanks for the prayers.Love, Jean

• longtimesurvivor
    edited December 2015

Prayers for peaceful, deep sleep Jean, and improvement by morning!

Allison

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2015

Jean, glad your procedure is over and pray you don't have too much discomfort.

Allison, glad your steroids are working. Could you send some to me tooLoopy

Brutersmom, I pray that in the near future there will be some huge steps forward in treating all kinds of cancer.

I will be seeing an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow for a very long overdue issue with my knee and fingers. I did some back exercises today that really set off my knee so the timing is good. I thought I would have to wait until January to even get in for an eval but they had a cancellation and I was shocked I am getting in tomorrow morning. I hope to be finishing up LE therapy next week and then have time for more PT if needed in the New Year. I had an ultra sound on my thyroid yesterday and am holding my breath that I will not have to have surgery.

Have a restful night everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• auroaya
    edited December 2015

Praying for you Nancy that the thyroid ultrasound shows nothing of concert and your orthopedic surgeon has a plan for your knee and hand.

Auror

• mysunshine48
    edited December 2015

It is late, and I just got home from my visit with my daughter's family. However, I am taking time to read this thread before going to bed. I read that many of you are having issues and needs that I will pray for tonight. I also pray for our country!