thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited December 2015

Yes, our nation surely needs prayer. Oh Lord Jesus, revive us I pray.

Today I awoke with no pain from the dental surgery! I took only an ibuprofen for the slight swelling. I am grateful for this and for the sun shining through the window as I post. We werre invited to a lovely crowded, noisy Christmas affair tonight but I believe Jesus would have us just stay home and rest. Hope all here have a blessed day. Love, Jean

• longtimesurvivor
    longtimesurvivor Member Posts: 88
    edited December 2015

Jean- Praises for the lack of dental pain!!!!

Totally love staying in too- cozy and warm!

Alli

• SpiritBlessing
    SpiritBlessing Member Posts: 552
    edited December 2015

Thank you Lord for answering our prayers for Jean to have an easy recovery from her dental procedure. Probably good to stay put in the quietness of your home. Good choice.

Nancy praying for good results of the thyroid test.

Thank you all for the prayers I know I can feel them. Also thanks for the private messages they mean a lot to me.

Know I am praying as I read the posts. Love that you are all in my life.

Love and blessings Lucy

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited December 2015

Amen! To all the prayers sent and answered

• longtimesurvivor
    edited December 2015

Lucy Love the banner. Sometimes I just say His name over and over.. and in doing so I feel the Holy Spirit washing over and through me..

I too pray as I read and as comments and requests come up, I lift them up. I am not as organized as you all are, and I'm still learning knowing everyone's names!

Praying Jesus shows us with great claritywhat He has for us in each unique situation we are in.

Allison

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited December 2015

longtimesurvivor, I do the same, just say the name Jesus over and over. I love the sound and it definitely makes me feel calm and at peace.

Blessings all.

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited December 2015

Lucy & Kath lifting you up tonight and my other sisters in prayer. Thank you Nancy for keeping us updated. This has become one of my favorite songs. "Trust in you." Worshipping as the word says He inhabits the praises of His people. God bless you all this Friday evening. Heart

Here is the link: http://youtu.be/n_aVFVveJNs

• auroaya
    edited December 2015

I'm having trouble resting and finding sleep I ran out of pain killers and although I'm not in pain I'm restless from the withdrawals please pra

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited December 2015

Good evening ladies,

Thank you for your prayers. i am experiencing some discouragement tonight and would appreciate them still. I did not get the answers today that i had hoped for with the orthopedic surgeon. There is nothing he can do for my fingers. I hurt my fingers in Sept pruning trees and then the next couple of days continued to overuse the hand and fingers and that is when the problems started. My fingers swell in the night and i can't make a fist and then they get better gradually during the day. This only started after hurting my fingers. He said it is arthritis and i can't tolerate the usual anti inflamatory meds so i am pretty upset at the the thought of possibly losing the whole use of my dominant hand. I was a professional clarinet player for years and i supposed that took it's toll along with aging. He gave me a steroid shot in my knee and if it doesn't help he will do an MRI and then possible surgery but not replacement. I have heard nothing on the thyroid ultra sound and this makes me a bit concerned. I don't remember waiting long to get results with the past two i have had. I do see the doctor on Wed. and i am wondering if the news is not good and that she will want to tell me in person and not on the electronic records before she sees me.

I have been dragging all week and have felt on the verge of getting sick tonight. So i would appreciate your prayers for sure.

Lucy, praying continually for your packing and your move and that the Lord give you and Steve supernatural strength in this process. I love the banner. I had to go listen to Lincoln Brewster's song on that and get inspired through the music as well as the truth in the words.

Kath, praying that you will be able to get this fluid drained. Kath's counts were too low for doing that today. She will have a CT scan next week. Pray for wisdom for her doctors in the best route to take at this point. Pray for Kath for strength in the battle. She has been dealing with bad SE's for a long time and i think is weary and rightly so. I am praying for a good night's rest for you.

G, I love Lauren Daigle. Her voice has some Adele qualities to it which i love. Thanks for sharing that video link.

Aurora, I had a very serious neck surgery in 2001. I had spinal cord compression, and my spinal fluid was completely dammed up at my neck. I was going to be completely paralyzed in 3-6 months without this surgery. I had really bad nerve pain after the surgery that went on for a very long time. I do not tolerate pain meds but i had to take way under what was prescribed because the pain was intolerable. When i went to stop the meds i had so much difficulty I called the pharmacist and i had to wean off of this extremely slowly but the night's were the worst. I can certainly sympathize with you. I wonder if you could talk to your doctor and have them give you a limited suppy just to wean off of. I will be praying for you dear sister.

Allison and Patoo, in my discouragement tonight i just said Jesus i need you now to show yourself in a very fresh way to me. I invite you into my challenges and I trust you. I love you so much. That intimate fellowship we can have is so sweet and has an amazing way of dispelling our negative human emotions that can get in the way.

It is way past my bedtime so i am signing off for tonight. Yes, Joanne, we need prayers for our country. With these acts of terror increasing in the world it does make us more aware of preparing ourselves for the return of Christ and to be ready in all ways.

I pray for a good night's rest for all of us.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2015

2 am here. I think I woke up so I can pray for Aurora and Nancy. May you both have sweet sleep in Jesus arms . Dearest Jesus please hold and comfort these precious ladies right now and infuse them with your peace. Love, Jean

• patoo
    edited December 2015

Praying God's blessings over you Aurora and Nancy. Also sending up intercessory prayer requests for each of you. You all are on a difficult journey but continue to look heavenward to our Father because you know that is from where your strength originates.

Nancy, aren't there food items that are natural anti-inflammatories that may help with the fingers? You are such a warrior for all of us and satan is not happy that he cannot thwart you.

Blessings.

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2015

Today I am so grateful for another day of life and the sunshine. Also for being able to minister to my hubby who has a hard time during this time of year because of the loss of our dear Danny in the 1988 Pan Am 103 Lockerbie bombing. He was 20 yrs old and coming home for Christmas after spending his junior semester abroad in England. Always some sadness mixed in with the festivities. Love, Jean

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited December 2015

Hello all,

Jean, thinking of you and so many others dealing with the loss of loved ones during this time of year. The hurt and pain never goes away, but the memories become more precious. Hope you are still feeling decent after your dental work, and managing your hip pain as best you can.

Still reading and praying daily as I read your posts. I'm in "joint replacement land" these days but those on " cancer planet" are never far from my thoughts and prayers. I appreciate those of you who have offered prayers for me with my hip replacement surgery and recuperation. I can now walk short distances without my cane but always keep it close by. Pain is minimal...just occasional soreness . Praising Him daily for healing and other blessings.

May God give you alla special blessing today...a thoughtful card or call, a visit, a piece of good news , or even a day without discomfort and side effects.

Love, Ellen

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited December 2015

Can't sleep, so I am catching up on this thread. It sounds as if many of you are in need of some comfort. I will return to my bed and pray for you.

Nancy, have you ever heard of Drunkin Raisins? It is an old remedy for arthritis pain and msny women say it definitely works. Google it. Never hurts to try.

• SpiritBlessing
    SpiritBlessing Member Posts: 552
    edited December 2015

Morning ladies,

Thanks for the prayers I actually had a few really good days of minimal pain and discomfort so your prayers are working. Thank you Jesus!

Nancy praying for you dear sister regarding your fingers. I know it can be discouraging but don't stay there too long.

Jean glad your doing well and DH is still focused on getting the room ready.

We are pretty much packed up and move on Thursday. The movers will be here at 8 and anticipate a full day. Looking forward to it to be done. DH is very excited about the move which is nice because he was not on board with this for the longest time. God worked His way through him in His time.

I woke with my tummy hurting this morning so was using some essential oils for that. I like using the oils for several things. Anyone else familiar with them?

Prayers for my DD as she prepares for labor soon. She has some issues with her muscles so hoping this will not be an issue. She is having the baby at home and has a midwife and a doola to get her through it all. I figure she will go into labor this weekend as we are moving so of course right

Well today a little more packing and resting when I can. Have a blessed day sisters. Lucy

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2015

Good morning ladies,

Thank you for the prayers and the suggestions. I canceled everything for the weekend and have just rested. I felt like I was getting sick. The sore throat is gone but i have a bad headache and head congestion and have had this for weeks.

I had a reaction to the cortisone shot yesterday and had a very red face, neck and my radiated breast. It is much better today. I still have heard nothing from my thyroid ultra sound and usually I get test results in the electronic records very quickly. I will see the doctor on Wed. but I hope I don't have to wait that long to find out if the nodules grew.

Phyliss, thank you for the reminder of the anti inflammatory foods. I am very much into alternative meds and I have eliminated many things that do cause inflammation but your suggestion did remind me that I need to reintroduce some things that might help that I used to use regularly. Also I think the Arimidex may be contributing as well. My pharmacy changed my drug to a new manufacturer and I have heard that can cause problems.

Lynn, i don't drink at all. I could see me on those raisins. Loopy

Jean, I understand that loss around the holidays. It is hard. We lost my nephew right after Christmas six years ago and it is very hard for my sister. Prayers for your loss.

I have had Kate W who we lost in Sept in my heart lately as this is the first holiday season her husband and four children will go through without her. I think of Sue Hahn's family and Becky's family as well. Also Vickie and her family lost there daughter Melody last year and I think it was around this time of year. Let's lift their family up as well.

Aurora, I have been praying for you for relief from this withdrawal. I would encourage you to see out help from your doctor regarding this. Going cold turkey may be the problem concerning the pain meds.

Ellen, so glad you are doing well and can even walk a bit without your cane and with minimal pain. PTL Praying that you and Clyde have a wonderful Christmas season.

Debbie (foots) has been dealing with bronchitis and a UTI. Let's lift her up for complete healing as she already has breathing issues.

Kath, praying that you will be able to get some fluids drained so you can feel much better. Praying for your scans this week too.

Joanne, is having a terrible time with her back. It is swelled up and she is miserable. Let's pray for her to get some pain relief and that she will have an answer to this edema that she has.

Lucy, I am so glad your packing is almost finished. Somehow I am on the wrong page and can't scroll back to reread your post. I am glad to hear that Steve is now on board with the move. Will be praying for your daughter for a natural birth with no complications and a healthy baby.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

Love,

Nancy

• auroaya
    edited December 2015

Thank you Nancy for the list. Im feeling better and was able to sleep fine last night. Lifting a collective prayer for everyone.

Aurora

• longtimesurvivor
    edited December 2015

a blessed Sunday - 1st of Advent!- and had a Gingerbread making party at my home with relatives and children. Exhausting but worth it.

Steroids wearing off- back to reality. Think it was a pinched nerve, which hopefully won't still be angry when the steroids are out of my system. Don't think it is a bone met.

God was, is, and has gone beforehand- He is unfathomable and yet so reachable and knowable. What a miracle. The power in His name makes the enemy scatter. Use it!!!

Prayers as I read -God bless-

Allison

• longtimesurvivor
    edited December 2015

Woops!

2nd Sunday in Advent, I stand corrected!

Allison

• She-Angel
    She-Angel Member Posts: 97
    edited December 2015

Good Sunday evening ladies. As I look around and see the hustle and bustle that is part of the upcoming holiday I am reminded that there are so many of us now and last year this time who were still managing diagnosis and treatment and still are. Even though I am not where I was evey day seems to bring some new issue to work on overcoming. At this point I can just thank God for allowing me to have something to overcome knowing that it was never my fight I just need to continue to trust in him and give him the glory because without him I was nothing and knew nothing. Have a great week ladies and take time to see those daily blessings that we tend to take for granted.

• mysunshine48
    edited December 2015

Nancy, I do not drink either, but from what I have learned, they do not affect you. I don't know, just a suggestion, as they have helped others.

• patoo
    edited December 2015

Nancy, I also have heard that it really helps. I believe you only eat like 7 raisins. ruthbru has the inside, detailed, info if you want it you can PM her.

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2015

Thanks Lynn and Phyliss,

I have seen Ruthbru's posts regarding that in the past. I will keep an open mind. I am trying a few things now and am waiting to see if i can tell a difference. Thanks for your concern. Still waiting for my thyroid results. I see my doctor on Wed.

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2015

Dear sisters in faith,

I shared this video last year and I know it was a blessing. I am sharing it again today. I promise you that if you can take time to watch it you will be blessed. This song has been in my head and my heart for several weeks. I think it is one of my most favorite of Christmas songs. This video has a way of making the whole birth of Jesus very real and this song is hauntingly beautiful. I believe that the message is more than Mary praying be born in me. It is all of us praying that same prayer and asking for a fresh anointing in our hearts every day. Sorry about the duplicates. It is only one video. Can't seem to get the other off. The enemy seems to not want this video on here as all sorts of strange things are happening. Sorry i can't get the link to appear correctly. You will have to paste in your browser. If you don't know how to do that let me know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7ClXvC1HVM

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2015
  • zjrosenthal
    edited December 2015

Today I am grateful for life, for friends, for new life in Him, for His love, His mercy, His patience, His wisdom, His goodness. Love, Jean

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 947
    edited December 2015

Beautiful; video Bandwoman1234. Thanks for sharing.

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited December 2015

Nancy

That was beautiful!!! I just showed the children. Thank you so much for sharing. 😊

Please keep me in prayers ladies. I go in for the diep flap on Wednesday. Believing this reconstruction will take & I'll have zero infections. Standing on His word & His provision.

God bless you all.

G

• mysunshine48
    edited December 2015

SA8PG, I will pray for a successful reconstruction surgery and a quick recovery!

Praying for all, as I do every night.

• auroaya
    edited December 2015

Praying for G for a successful surgery. Update: Still have the drain on from the seroma, please pray for me to have patience while the Lord sees fit to free me from this, I have to have less than 30 cc per day of fluid in order for the drain to come out and right now I am still at 50 per day.

I wish I knew what can I do to speed it up.

Good night and God Bless us all

Aurora