thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited December 2015

I'm lifting you all up in prayer. Our Father knows what we need before we even ask it. I'm thankful we have a place we go to intercede on behalf of each other. :)))

I'm day 5 post op from diep flap. Getting stronger everyday. Prayerfully home tonight or tomorrow. The children are anxiously awaiting my arrival. Hehe. I'm Moving forward to drain removal prayerfully by the 21st, standing up straight & looking in the mirror at the miracle on my chest that was made for me after a year of having nothing. God is faithful.

God bless you all

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited December 2015

Well I'd say good morning but it's only 5am and had just 4 hrs of sleep. Hoping to get in a few more hours before church. Grateful this early morning for much less pain than yesterday. Also that hubby didn't get hurt when he fell last night. Looking forward to church today. I pray that our dear Jesus give you all a blessed day. Love, Jean

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited December 2015

SA8PG, Wow, 8 children and this surgery, which is a big one! I will pray that you recover quickly and without complications.

Hope you sleep better tonight, Jean.......and all of us!

• SA8PG
    edited December 2015

believing that each one of us will lie down and our sleep will be peaceful. He gives his beloved sleep.

Continued prayers for you ladies.

We will TRUST in Him!!!

Hugs

G

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited December 2015

G, so glad to hear from you. I am sure your children will be tickled to death to have you back home. It sure sounds like you are doing well. PTL I do hope you make it home very soon. Praying for a great recovery.

Thanks Lynn and Joanne. My cat is definitely the queen of the house for sure! She has so much personality and even in her misbehavior I have to smile at the things she does...........well not always. She is smart enough to know how to push my buttons at times.

Let's pray that Kath will be able to resume treatments this week on her new targeted therapy after being off treatment for several weeks. Let's pray against the pain, swelling and nausea that has been with her for almost daily for weeks.

Lucy, I pray that your move went smoothly and that you will be able to catch a breath before jumping in and doing too much packing. Continued prayers for strength for you and Steve.

Jean, glad DH didn't get hurt when falling. Another thing to be thankful for.

Joanne, praying for a good week for feeling stronger, less pain and less worry about things that could happen but probably won't.

I have no decorations at all since I am not ever at home for Christmas. I didn't even feel like getting up my little tree as I was under the weather last weekend. I will be leaving on the 21st for three weeks at my mom's. I put up her decorations at Thanksgiving so will enjoy hers.

I have been praying for all of you and I pray that you all have a good night's restorative rest to take on the challenges of a new week.

Love you all,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2015

Ladies, God hears your prayers. Grateful that I had a good sleep last night. G, good you will he home soon. Love your great attitude. Hubby just got up so praying for you all for a blessed day. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2015

Have a great week dear lady warriors.

Love,

Nancy

• SA8PG
    edited December 2015

JoAnne

Beautiful Beautiful devotion. Brought tears to my momma eyes. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. :')

Blessings

G

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited December 2015

I agree, beautiful.

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2015

Thank you Joanne for that beautiful post and Lynn for the banner. The fact that Jesus came to the humble little young lady, Mary, and God allowed Jesus to be born in a stall with smelly animals and certainly nothing glorious or majestic about the setting gives us hope that He accepts us just as we are. He came for the all of the misfits of society. He came for those down and out. He came for the flawed and the people full of sin. He came for every single one of us no matter where we were born, what color we are or how much we have sinned. He came for all of us. We don't have to fix ourselves to be ready to be accepted by Him. We come just as we are and He takes us where we are and lifts us to places we never thought we would get to with Him showing us the way. He brings us to a place of peace and rest in Him when we say yes Lord, I believe in you and that you died for me. Just as Mary's journey was not an easy one when God chose her, our journey is not an easy one either but with the Lord holding our hand through the pain and suffering, through the scans, through the waiting, through the treatments, through all of the side effects, he promises us a place where there will be no more cancer, nor more suffering and no more death or fear of death. He promises His children an eternity with Him. Life is certainly not easy and it is much more difficult that I ever realized it would be but what would our journey be without God. It only takes one decision to choose God to change your destiny forever and ever. I am hanging on tight to Him no matter what.

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2015

I just told Jesus again that I believe in Him. I believe that He died in my place, that He will never leave me, that His word is true, that He is my truth, that He lives in me and loves me, that I love Him, that I need Him so much. Why do I weep each time I connect with my precious Lord? I am so unworthy of Him yet He loves me anyway.

Each time someone asks Jesus into their heart, it is Christmas. He comes and lives in the stable of our heart and begins to clean us up from the inside. When He was born, He was placed in a manger, a feeding trough. Even then He was telling us that He is our food. We are to eat His flesh and drink His blood in order to have life in us. Amazing grace. Love, Jean

• SA8PG
    edited December 2015

In a spirit of thankfulness for our God lets worship him together. This is one of my favorite songs. "Thank you Lord" by Don Moen. God bless you all. Xoxo

http://youtu.be/K44trVhtZX4

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2015

Romans 15:13New International Version (NIV)

13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

This is my prayer for all of us today.

G, thank you for sharing that beautiful video. I used it with my devotional time today. Are you home yet? Still praying for you.

Let's pray hard that Kath's blood counts improve this week so she can start her new treatment. She has been off treatments for several weeks and had to stop her chemo cocktail that was working so well in fighting the tumors but beating up her body in the process. May God fill you with hope today dear sis.

Have a great day everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2015

Lucy, praying for you and Steve to have an extra infusion of strength to get settled in your new home.

Debbie, (foots) praying for healing of sickness and for renewed strength

Kath, praying for you for strength for the journey and that SE's will be minimal and that you will get your treatment this week.

Joanne, praying for peace and strength and that the pain gets less and less every day.

Aurora, praying that you are feeling better with the SE's and that you will get your drain out soon

G, continued prayers of healing and recovery.

Ellen, praying for a complete recovery and for all of your needs.

Jean, praying for freedom of pain and for peace.

Everyone, look to Jesus as your source for everything this day. Breathe his name, He is always right there.

Love,

Nancy

• longtimesurvivor
    longtimesurvivor Member Posts: 88
    edited December 2015

Amen Nancy - He is always near

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2015

Today I am so grateful for the blue Christmas service that the church holds each year. It is tonight. We always go to honor our Danny who was killed in the Lockerbie bombing on December 21st 1988 and to minister to others whose losses are fresh. Love, Jean

• Gretagirl
    Gretagirl Member Posts: 129
    edited December 2015

Hi everyone! Have missed y'all. I had finally finished chemo and was able to get involved in a campaign effort for a local man for parish president and just drifted away from the boards on here. By the way he won! I have not caught up on what has been going on but I have not forgotten each of you nor the love and support from this site! I have started radiation. A little over one week into now. My mom is back in hospital and not doing well. Dad still in nursing home and has adjusted. I am starting to look into school or job cause I will not be able to massage again. I have neuropathy in my hands and have lost a good bit of sensation so I am trying to figure out what to do with myself! It's scary. I massaged for 16 years. I hope everyone is doing well. I still deal with residual stuff from chemo but my MO keeps telling all should be back to normal in time. His time and mine don't seem to be the same!

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2015

TO GRETA FOR FINISHING CHEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2015

Jean, I hope your blue Christmas service will be an uplifting service and one where people can support each other through their losses.

Greta, I have continued to pray for you and wondered how you are doing. I am glad your guy was voted in as parish president. I am sorry to hear about your mom and sorry that your massage career has to end. I sure hope that the neuropathy in your hands will eventually get better. We can certainly pray for your job situation. I am glad to hear your Dad has adjusted to the nursing home. How is your daughter doing? I am glad you checked in and we will be praying for you as you go through rads. So glad you are done with chemo now.

Lisa, have you finished rads now? How are you doing?

Shirley, we haven't heard from you in quite a while after you had your intense week of rads. How are you doing and have you started chemo yet?

Allison, how are you doing with your ongoing infusions?

Lynn, are you in packing mode yet or is it too soon for that. What will you be doing for Christmas?

Praying all has a good night.

Love,

Nancy

• longtimesurvivor
    longtimesurvivor Member Posts: 88
    edited December 2015

Nancy- Thank you for asking-- I am doing very well, Praise GOd. After a taste and a reminder of what harsher treatments are like which I had to go on for 6 months last summer, I'm now actually enjoying being back on Herceptin every 3 weeks which feels like zero in the side effects dept. comparatively speaking. My take away is that I must realize what God has for me now as I face this good spell- there is a reason not just for the cancer but for this oasis of feeling pretty well on the current treatment. What is it??? Constantly wondering.

Meanwhile I enjoy the banners and prayers and also do lift up those I read about on here. I do hope we all feel the Lords presence more acutely as we approach the celebration of his coming to this earth to walk among us, to die for us and save us.

Allison

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited December 2015

What uplifting posts!!!  Just what I needed 

Thank you for the prayers. God is so good.

I do need to start avastin tomorrow. If my platelets. ( 27 now) aren't up, on iron or chemo. 

Nancy, will let you know

In His Name,

Kath

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited December 2015

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2015

Thanks Mags. That is very comforting to be reminded of that. How are you doing? It is great to see your smiling face.

Kath, praying that you can start Avastin. God we ask for you to do a miracle in Kath's blood which will allow her to proceed with treatment. I pray that Kath can hold you tight at this time knowing you are right there walking through this difficult time with her.

Allison, I know some big decisions i have had to make sometimes were not clear when I took that step of faith to walk through a certain door. His word says Acknowledge me in all your ways and I will direct your paths. If you put the Lord first in all things He has a way of working amazing things out.

Most of you are sleeping at this point. I have to get to bed. Sleep tight.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2015

Well it's 2:30 and I still can't sleep. I'm not sure what is going on but I don't feel right. Like something is just "off". I just took a lorazepam. That usually will help me to get to sleep. Hoping the rest of you are sleeping soundly. Love, Jean

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited December 2015

Good morning in the East I'm awake at 6 am which is highly unusual for me. I'm just so excited about today's event. My daughter is graduating from law school and my best friend from Mexico is here to celebrate. My daughter callss he "auntie" that's how close we are and they hadn't seen each other since my daughter was 7.

Yesterday was an exhaustive day we did some shopping and pedicure and then I was off to quimio My onco nurses knew I had been having gastro issues vomiting nausea and some disagrees and alerted the physician assistant who after listening to my lower bowels decided it's too quiet down there and there could be a stomach obstruction. They sent me for an emergency ct scan and I should hear the results later today. Please pray is nothing.

I'll try to post some pics of the graduation either tonight or tomorrow

Aurora

• SA8PG
    edited December 2015
    • God morning ladies. Thank you for the updates Nancy. Lifting up Kath, Aurora, Toby, Allison, Jean, Nancy, Gretta, Longtimesurvivor & anyone on here that is asking for prayer.
    • To all our Christian sisters out there stand firm in your fight. Praising God for sending us to one another knowing that we will intercede on behalf of one another.
    • Yesterday I started a low grade fever 100 & chills. Thinking it's from having in these drains still. Please cover me in prayer. Nothing foreign is going to take root in my body.
    • God bless you all. :)
    • Xoxo
    • G
  • zjrosenthal
    edited December 2015

Well good morning ladies. The lorazepam (ativan) finally kicked,in and I slept soundly from 2:30 till a little after 9. Grateful for the rest. Hubby is still asleep. Love, Jean

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited December 2015

Sa8 and all, thank you.....am getting treatment!!!!

Praises

Kath

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2015

Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for allowing Kath to get her treatment. Please ease Joanns pain and other symptoms, settle her stomach and help her to get a good nights rest. Love, Jean

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited December 2015

Hi All. I've been away a lot, but stop by periodically to check on everyone. Things have been hectic with the holiday festivities, but I'm feeling pretty good.

Rosalie, my DIL's niece, is in rehab now. Her parents were disappointed to learn that when she comes home in a month or so, it will be in a wheelchair. They anticipate it will be at least a year before she is able to walk again, but she has already announced she's not using a wheelchair. I have no doubt this little spitfire will surprise everyone.

I'm thinking of you all.

Blessings