thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited December 2015

Dear ladies of faith,

We have some great things to praise God for today.

Aurora has her best friend visiting from Mexico and her daughter graduated from Law School. Wow! Congratulations to her.

Jean, thankful you got some good sleep after all.

Kath got her treatment today after having to be off treatment for many weeks. Thank you Lord. Now will are praying that this new treatment will work as well as the old one without causing so much trouble in her body.

We of course will always have things to pray for.

G, does NOT want anymore infection. We pray against this fever she is running and praying that once the drain is out that she will be just fine and heal with no complications. Are you still in the hospital or at home now?

Aurora, praying that you do not have a blockage.

Joanne, praying against this nausea and pain. Praying for less stress with things going wrong at home and that you can find the problem with your septic tank situation and that you can find a good washing machine that you will be happy with. They have been dealing with water backing up in their basement. Let's pray thety can find the source of the problem. Her washing machine took a hit in all of this problem.

Mini, I am glad you are feeling good. Rosalie sounds like she's got spunk. With that kind of attitude nothing will keep her down for long. Praying that includes the wheelchair and she won't need it as long as they have told the family.

Lucy, continued prayers as you unpack and get settled in your new home. Prayers for you and Steve always.

Have a restful night lady warriors.

Love,

Nancy

• longtimesurvivor
    longtimesurvivor Member Posts: 88
    edited December 2015

Amen- to all of these prayers and the spoken andunspoken requests - Come Lord Jesus- you are welcome here!

Allison

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited December 2015

The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before the miracle happens. Don't give up....there is hope

This was on the bottom of the page in my journal this morning. Sweet sweet sounds of prayers, that were heard.  Praise him again and again!

This should also work quickly, and once the site is dissolving again I will lose the fluid in abdomen, which causes the nausea and swelling

I love reading all the praise reports!!!!

Jo, I completely inderstand, prayers for it to ease. Prayers lifting up your needs, and gratitude prayers to you as well

Nancy, thanks for all , will be in touch soon.

Let the Lord help you rest tonight

Kath

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited December 2015

Amen Kath, Praising God that you were able to get your treatment andd continuing to pray for the SEs and tolerance to the treatment.

Aurora, Lucy and Jo praying for you always and those that I haven't mentioned by name.

She-angel, The lord had me praying for you this evening. Praying that work is going well and continuous prayers for your church.

Love Across the miles,

Angie

• BarbDenise64
    BarbDenise64 Member Posts: 98
    edited December 2015

Hi everyone. Could really do with prayers at the moment. I am praying a great deal myself but am severely depressed and worried about a new nodule in the sternum area. I have been off treatment for a few weeks because of white blood count and se xeloda which didn't do a lot for me. Am due for a scan soon but really scared and losing the fight mentally at the moment but trying to get it back for my kids sake especially. Any encouragement much appreciated . Love to all Barbar

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited December 2015

Dear Father, in Jesus holy name I bring Barb before you. I ask that you would raise your spirits. I ask that you would encourage her today and give her new hope in you.

I pray that you would meet the needs of all here today

Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

God is so good. I am grateful for good sleep last night. Please pray for my hubby for wisdom and calm as he speaks to a couple who owe us a lot of money tonight and brings a friend with him as advised by our pastor. Love, Jean

• BarbDenise64
    edited December 2015

thanks Jean. I am praying

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2015

Good morning ladies.

This is one of the first banners that I shared with you of my own photography. I thought it appropriate to resurrect this again. In our efforts to put the Lord into our day and invite Him into every one of our challenges it can make all the difference. We have great needs but we have a great God.

Lord I lift up Barbara to you and I pray that you would fill her with renewed hope. No matter how grim our circumstance may look from our human perspective God is always working behind the scenes in our behalf. I pray that He will give you peace in the midst of your storm and give you reason to hope and trust in Him.

Love,

Nancy

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited December 2015

Barb, I understand completely. Praying for you.....praise Him throughout the day for what he bestows on you, let him help you rest. You are not alone!!!!

Kath

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited December 2015

Kath so thankful you had treatment. Thank you Jesus!!!

Barbar we are lifting you up to God this morning. His mercies are renewed every morning. Kick fear in the teeth. You are a daughter of the King of Kings! Nothing is impossible with Him. Xoxo

Nancy thank you for sharing that beautiful picture. It made me smile. :-)

Jean praying that God's angels go before this meeting to prepare the way and words that are exchanged will be of God as you and your hubby continue to be salt and light even in the midst of a financial situation. Let hearts be convicted to do the right thing & honesty shine brightly.

Lucy continued prayers for strength as you unpack.

I ask for continued prayers for me. I head to the Dr at 11:45 to get all 4 drains out. Please pray against this infection thats trying to take root in my body. I am believing for a nice Christmas with the children and my hubby. Last year at this time I had my bmx with expanders placed and then within a few days infection set in. Not this year in Jesus name!!!!!

God bless everyone.

G

• BarbDenise64
    edited December 2015

thanks to everyone for your encouragement it's been a very difficult day but am praying and asking for healing in Jesus nAme. Barbar

• BarbDenise64
    edited December 2015

I don't know why every post I send cuts my name but it's barbara

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited December 2015

Praise the Lord, Kath! So happy for you. I have been praying for you.

Happy to hear other positive reports.

Barbar, praying for you as soon as I write this post. I have had to have several scans and waiting is the worst. I got so anxious, my body shook. Try to focus on the Lord. I asked him to hold my hand and calm me down. He will help you get through it.

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited December 2015

Just read more posts.....G, hope you do get all the drains out so you can be more comfortable - and NO infections!

Jean, Glad for a good night's sleep for you! It makes a world of difference.

Nancy, as always, your photography is beautiful and I say that verse every morning, Psalm 118:24. Have a safe trip to your mom's and hope you have a good visit and Merry Christmas. I am going to go to Virginia Beach to be with my son, his wife and three beautiful grandchildren, ages 1, 3 and 5. We will be busy! I am so excited as it has been about a year since I was able to go.

Let's all praise God for this day......make it a good one!

Lynn

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited December 2015

Safe travels mysunshine. Signed all papers and got my closing date today - March 10th.

As I read, as usual I sent up prayers for each of you and will also do a corporate prayer before bed.

God is soooooooooooooo good. I am so truly blessed and humbled before Him. Thank you my precious Lord.

• SA8PG
    edited December 2015

Hi ladies

Well all 4 drains came out today that's a praise!!! The right hip drain site is super red and swollen though. The went ahead and cultured the area and gave me Clindamycin for 10 days. Pray with me that whatever was trying to attack my body is killed & dried up at the root. My fever & chills are off and on. Highest temp has been 100. I'm standing on the word & continung to trust in Him. God bless you all!!!!

Heart

• ladyb1234
    edited December 2015

Hi prayer Warriors.

Lucy wanted me to pass the below message along as she hasn't been able to post.

From Lucy/Spiritblessed, "Can you let folks know I am well and we are moved in and just settling in. Treatment for both of us next week."

• ladyb1234
    edited December 2015

Praise the Lord, Kath! Awesome and Continous prayers for you.

Barbara, praying for you earnestly. Stay before Him and rest in His bosom and my His peace envelope you at this time. You are not alone.

G, so glad tne drains are out. Praying and will continue to pray that what all is cleared up.

God Bless and Love across the miles.

Angie

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2015

Today I am grateful and blessed to be alive and relatively pain free when sitting still. Sadly the concert last night was a but too much but I realized I need to take it easy till my hip replacement in February. At least my hubby had a chance to speak firmly but peacefully to the man and his wife who owe us a lot of money and set a firm boundary. Tomorrow is my great granddaughter Valentina's first birthday party which we are planning to attend. The NYC family and my sister are planning to come as well. I can just sit comfortably there at my daughters and enjoy seeing everyone.

I am blessed to hear of the healing going on for many of you. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2015

Thank you Lord for how you are working in each of our lives. I pray that you would bless each one of our sisters on this thread. Help us to take time to smell the roses (even if it is in the grocery store!) Help us to look for that miracle of life all around us. Help us to cherish the time we have now with our loved ones and friends .Help us to prepare for your birth in the coming days. Thank you for answered prayers and for healing and recovery. Help us to see the blessings you give us every single day.

Love,

Nancy

• SA8PG
    edited December 2015

Such encouraging words this Saturday morning. Thank you ladies. :)

I was just reading Max Lucado's book "you'll get through this" & wanted to share from pages 86-87.

"Your pain won't last forever, but you will. Whatever we may have to go through now is less than nothing compared with the magnificent future God has in store for us. What is coming will make sense of what is happening now. Let God finish his work. Let the composer complete his symphony. The forecast is simple. Good days. Bad days. But God is in all days. He is the Lord of the famine and the feast, and he uses both to accomplish his will."

We will continue to Trust in Him.

Xo

G

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited December 2015

The King Is Coming

The King is coming!

Hallelujah--Amen

He is coming for

Me and for you, my friend.

Let us all be ready

To welcome Him here;

Let us all be ready

As the time draws near.

The glory of Heaven

Is coming to earth,

Fall on Your knees

And praise His royal birth.

Glory, Hallelujah,

Lift your voice and sing-

As love and joy He brings,

The King is coming! Dona Maroney

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2015

Amen, Debbie.

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2015

Today I am grateful for a good sleep. Excited about Valentina's party later. My sweet great granddaughter will be 1yr old on December 22nd. I will try to post a picture later. Love, Jean

• SpiritBlessing
    SpiritBlessing Member Posts: 552
    edited December 2015

Thank you ladyb for posting for me and for sending the link. I hope this will get me back on track with this board. Great news to share...we have a new grandson born on the 15th and all is well with him and mom. Thank God it was not as long as the first one this was much easier for my DD.

Our move went well and smoothly and the movers was the way to go. Pretty much done with unpacking just a few more boxes to go. DH had to still empty his basement at the old house but will wait till after the holidays to start on that. He has to sort through things to get rid of stuff which will be hard for him. I pray it goes smoothly as well.

I didn't go back to far to get caught up on posts as I was excited to get this link and I just posted right away. Hope all are doing well and there are lots of healing. I'll try and get caught up over the next few days.

This is such a special time of the year for all of us and the day is almost near for use to rejoice. Have a blessed day warriors and chat again soon.

Lucy

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2015

Lucy, so glad to see your smiling face and hear the move went well. Thank you Angie for posting for Lucy too. I have been praying for you and Steve every day and so glad to hear you are almost done with the unpacking. I am truly impressed. I am off to church now but so glad that you are moved and I hope that you can enjoy that new grandson and glad things went well with your daughter. PTL for all of His answers. God Bless you.

Everyone have a great day.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2015

Here's my great granddaughter enjoying her 1yr birthday cake! We left soon after as we were both tired but it was great seeing them. Love, Jean
  • patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited December 2015

She's adorable.

• SA8PG
    edited December 2015

Jean

What a blessing for your family. My husband and I have prayed for years that we would not only be able to see our grand children but our great grand children as well. That picture of her just brightened my day. Go God!!!

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2015

Jean, What a precious child. So cute.

Debbie, hope seeing your post means you are feeling better. Give Faith a hug for me.

Patoo, God bless you with your new home

G, praying that the antibiotics stopped anything in it's tracks.

I will be traveling to my mom's tomorrow. I will be praying for all of you. Till next time.

Love,

Nancy