thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited December 2015

Lucy, congrats on your new grandbaby.

Debbie, love the post! So glad to "see" you. Praying that you are feeling better.

Nancy, safe travels.

Patoo, congrats and blessing with the new home!

Kathy, continuous prayers for you, your treatment and tolerance to the chemo that you are receiving and that your blood counts remain up,

My husband brought a wonderful sermon today. He spoke on the truth of the gospel and now matter how the world attempts to remove Christ from Christmas, they can not remove Christ from your hearts, mind and souls as the King has come and reigns forever more! What a wonderful time of year it is to celebrate our Lord and Savior!

Have a blessed week all.

Love across the miles,

Angie

• longtimesurvivor
    longtimesurvivor Member Posts: 88
    edited December 2015

love love love the images and poetry!!

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited December 2015

Wow, Jo, 15 great grands. I'm impressed. Well you got 3 dogs to sit, hope to see the pic of the children. Love, Jean

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited December 2015

Good evening, ladies,

Praying this holiday season will be happy and full of blessings. Hoping all the recoveries will continue, and SE will fade away. So good to hear from Debbie (Foots).

We are celebrating the birth of my husband's fifth grandchild today...his name is Geoffrey and absolutely precious.Grandpa and Nana Ellen are hitting the hospital tomorrow...

My children didn't get here on Saturday as planned..little Cal was very sick so they've rescheduled for the Saturday after New Years. My daughter is coming Christmas Eve day. My mom and I have had a misunderstanding and she has told me to come in January, not for Christmas. It has hurt me because I haven't missed Christmas at home in over 30 years, but I also know that it takes her awhile to get over offenses. Praying for God to touch her heart. Not ready to drive that far alone for awhile..

I am doing well, praising God that I can get around and now, can drive. My PT has been extended for 8 more sessions. Although I showed improvement in all areas of pre assessment , I'm still weak in the surgical leg. Still using the cane except for walking around the house. I did really well with the steps there......means I'm getting closer to going to visit Awesome Grandson.

Wishing all of you a blessed Christmas...Happy New Year...praying for a healthier 2016 for all of us.

Love, Ellen

• She-Angel
    She-Angel Member Posts: 97
    edited December 2015

Good evening ladies, popped in to get up to speed on the prayer needs. It continues to be a journey. I had to postpone one procedure in order to get all my police shooting stuff done as I could not wear the bullet proof vest but thankfully I finished the last shooting scenario today at 10 am took the rest of the day off and went to the surgeons office for the nipple reconstruction. I pulled a muscle in my right glute, yeah you read it right my right butt cheek, I can't sit on that side or walk without limping and the orthopedic doctor said I need the wrist braces on both hands as much as possible since 3 joints in my thumbs are effected. It hurts to type, pick up a pan, wear a watch anything. I feel like I should be in bubble wrap. The crisis at church has gotten worse, the church is divided and we have a vote scheduled for January 10. I know this is the work of the devil trying to break my concentration and focus and I am not having it. God Is great, he makes no mistakes all of this is according to his plan there is a reason he had it happen this way. As he is all knowing this has already been worked out. Rest in the knowledge that trust and faith in him has already healed us. Merry Christmas my sisters, find comfort in his love and healing in his word. I continue to pray for my office mate who recently got her diagnosis and has radiation everyday at 9am, I see it is taking a toll on her and try to minister to her as much as possible so she knows she is not alone in her fight, we are never alone

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited December 2015

Jesus Smiles the Smile of a Child

Sweet, Baby Jesus, sent from above.

Son of our Father, gift of God's love.

In realms of glory, angels did sing;

Heavens rejoiced as they welcomed a king.

Sweet, Baby Jesus, Mary's dear Child,

Born in a manger, with the smile of a child.

Shepherds and Wise men came from afar,

Seeking a Savior--they followed a star.

Sweet, Baby Jesus, gently does lay

In swaddling clothes, in a cradle of hay...

Bringing salvation to all who believe;

Jesus, we greet Thee--all glory receive.

Sweet, Baby Jesus, send peace to earth,

Help all dear children

Through Thy Holy birth.

Innocent ones, with love undefiled,

Let earth find in the smile of a Child By Edna Massimilla

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited December 2015

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2015

Well here I am up at 4:30am. Bit of a restless night. We are supposed to meet another couple to see Star Wars later so hoping to get a few more hours of sleep. Grateful for being able to put in a delivery order for groceries to be delivered Christmas eve. Such a wonderful help. My oldest son who has been our driver will be away for 6 weeks starting in January. He will be back for my hip surgery on February 17th. Please pray for God to meet our needs for a driver while he is away. May all here be blessed today. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2015

Thanks Jo for the good wishes about sleep. I hope your pain has eased by now. I did get a few more hours of sleep.

Nancy, I pray your trip to your mom goes well and that you have a safe journey.

Please pray for my son Mike. He teaches in a tough High School in Brooklyn. Some of the students are really out of control and the administration needs to step up and set some boundaries which they seem reluctant to do. My son seems to be holding the bastions of society up against a raging flood and he's getting very demoralized as are some of the other teachers there. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2015

Merry Christmas to all our lady warriors,

I made it safely to my mom's. Pretty much hit the ground running. I got in around 5pm. Unfortunately i could not sleep hardly at all. Joanne I too had a furious headache and finally got up and spent quite a bit of time on my computer looking for a pretty Christmas scene. Since most of us will not have a White Christmas I figured I would post one for us.

She, I have been praying for a while against discouragement for you. I know you have had so much going on. Praying that this is the last of your reconstruction and hope all goes well with that. My parent's church went through a split many years ago and it is really a horrible thing. I pray that God's purpose for your church will ultimately win out.

Aurora, praying you are enjoying time with your best friend from Mexico.

G, praying that your fever is gone and that the antibiotics knocked out anything trying to take hold in your body.

Barbara, praying that the Lord will give you renewed hope and that you can find a treatment that will work for you.

Ellen, congratulations on another grand baby. Hope you get to see Geoffrey today. I am sorry to hear Cal is sick and they will have to postpone their visit. I am glad your daughter is coming. I am so sorry about this situation with your mom. I have been praying for her and for all of you caught up in this. i know it must be very disappointing. I am glad you are drive. That is a huge step forward. Enjoy the time with your daughter and that new grand baby.

Debbie, I am so glad to see your posts because it tells me that you must be feeling better. I love to read your poems from others and your own.

Jean, with the time change we were probably up at the same time. I hope we both sleep better tonight. Glad you have grocery delivery. That is a blessing. Praying that your driving needs will all be met while your son is away. Prayers for your son that is teaching. That can be a very tough situation and extremely stressful. Have fun at the Star Wars movie. I may see it too since it has broken all sorts of records. I have not seen the other movies so I suppose I would be pretty much in the dark as far as the story line. I do know the music as my bands played Star Wars in the past.

Angie, praying for you and your ministry continually.

Allison, praying you have a wonderful Christmas and that the Lord will show you your purpose you are seeking.

Joanne, i hope you are feeling better now. Yes, this weather has been crazy. It rained yesterday and is supposed to be in the 50's here I think most of the week. Praying for strength in your busy week with hosting family and your big reunion. Love the grand dogs with Santa. I would love to do that with Cammie but either Santa or I would end up missing a hand so I better not dare try it. Praying that your pain will be manageable and that you will have the energy to enjoy your family these next few days.

Phyliss and Lynn, enjoy that Florida sunshine and send some our way.

Lucy, praying that you will have a wonderful time celebrating your first Christmas in your new home. Praying for both of your treatments coming up as well.

Kath, praying you have a great time with your family by your side. Praying for you always.

I have prayed for all of you on my trip to my mom's. I hope that you all will have friends and/or family around you this week to make this time of Christ's birth special and to create wonderful memories.

Love you all,

Nancy

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited December 2015

Prayers have gone up as I read all the above.

Jean, praying for your DS. Brooklyn is tough territory and the administration is afraid of the parents who are the biggest part of the problem as they don't want anyone to correct (read: help) their darlings who can do no wrong. Sad.

Nancy, I'm leaving tonight and taking some of our 80 degrees with me to MD and NJ. Sent some up ahead of time so it's been in the 50-60 range. I'm a happy camper!

A Merry, Blessed, Christmas is wished for all of you. For unto us a Savior is born - how cool is that!!!!!

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited December 2015

Hello everyone and Sending hugs and prayers for healing and praying pain free days for all of you! I'm enjoying my friends visit but I'm a little sad since my daughter left today to Colombia to spend Christmas with her dads side of the family.

I have some excellent news health wise as of yesterday they removed the drain from my surgery incision!! Thank you for your prayers and please continue to pray for complete healing from my hip replacement.

May our Lord send the Holy Spirit down on us and our families during this festive season

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited December 2015

My wish for all of you......May the God of hope fill you with joy and peace in believing, so that by His power you may abound in hope. Romans 15:13

Merry Christmas and blessings for a happy, healthy new year. God is so good!

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited December 2015

Love Came Down

Though at birth the Savior lay

In a lowly bed of hay.

Starlight streaming from above

Circled Him with bonds of love.

Humble shepherds in the night

Heard the angels, saw the light;

So they left their fields to go

To the Blessed Child below.

Wise Men coming from afar,

Guided only by one star

Reached the place where Jesus lay--

Precious Baby in the hay.

Mary's arms were around Him there;

Joseph , too, showed tender care.

Love came down to earth that night

Bringing joy and peace and light. Amy C Ellis

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2015

Today I am grateful for a decent nights rest. Love, Jean

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited December 2015

From "Choosing Life" by Dodie Osteen.

Have a blessed day sisters.

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2015

Hello lady warriors,

I hope that all are enjoying the days leading into Christmas and pacing yourselves for those who are recovering from surgeries and those in treatments.

Phyliss, I hope you have a wonderful time reuniting with family. Safe travels.

Lynn, I love that scripture. It is so powerful. Praying you have a wonderful week surrounding Christmas.

Debbie, thank you for your beautiful poems that ready our spirits for Jesus birth. If you think about it we ladies would not be friends if it were not for that special day when Jesus was born. I hope that you are feeling much better.

Jean, glad you got a good night's rest. I did too and what a difference it makes.

Aurora, so glad you got your drains out. PTL Praying you have a wonderful Christmas.

G. thank you for that devotional. I heard on the Christian radio station I listen to that if you do not have Christmas in your heart you will never find it under a tree. I thought that simple little statement spoke so much truth.

Joanne, I am glad you got to see War Room. We talked about that movie when it came out and how fantastic it was. If some of you have not seen it maybe you can see in On Demand. It is really worth seeing. The scriptures say the battle is the Lord's. That is so true. Your banner is so true. Praying for strength as you have family coming in for Christmas.

Kath, praying that you feel better. Kath has had some terrible heartburn with her new treatment. Let's pray that she will be able to tolerate this new treatment plan and that it will be effective in having these tumors melt into nothingness.

God bless all of our lady warriors this special time of year.

Love,

Nancy

• artsee
    artsee Member Posts: 701
    edited December 2015

imageMERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!! Wishing you PEACE, LOVE! and HOPE, this wonderful season and always! I hand Carved this some years back. Wanted to share the scene with you. This is the reason for the season......🎄😇✨

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2015

Evie, that is just amazing. You are SOOOOOOO talented. Thank you for sharing that with us. Merry Christmas to you too.

Love,

Nany

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2015

To all my sister warriors..................

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2015

Wishing all a blessed Christmas day.

Joy to the world, the Lord has come. Let earth receive her king. Let every heart prepare him room and heaven and nature sing. Joy to the world, the Savior reigns. Let men their tongues employ. While field and flood, rock hill and plain repeat the sounding joy. (My prayer this day.)

Please lift my husband Ziggy in prayer. He had another nightmare last night about our son killed in the Pan Am Lockerbie bombing Christmas 1988. Please ask our Lord to give him reassurance that our dear Danny is with Him. Love, Jean

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited December 2015
    Merry Merry Christmas to all of my sisters in Christ!!!  
    May you feel the excitement in the air, and in your heart on this day we all receive an incredible gift.
    May you have peace, laughter, and love with those around you, and let us retreat to Him should we need a "break"
    Love to each and every one of you
    In His Name,
    Kath
  • ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited December 2015

Merry Christmas to all my Prayer warrior sisters! God bless

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited December 2015

Merry Christmas!!!!

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2015

Today I am so grateful for the lovely Christmas we had with my daughter, granddaughter great granddaughter and all the family. Though Jesus wasn't mentioned I believe he was present in everything that was said and done . I hope you all had a blessed Christmas as well. Love, Jean

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited December 2015

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a happy and healthy new year. I will head to Florida for the month of Feb. I cant wait.

I sent in a form to my doctor (from the company I applied to for the call center job and the federal center) about my ability to try working f/t. If I try and can't do it, I won't try for f/t positions any anymore, and just look for something p/t for a little extra spending money. I asked my doc her opinion on if she thinks it would be a good idea or not health-wise. I'm praying for God's direction. I have labs and my mammo on the 11th. Praying for good results those too.

Blessings my sisters,

Mini

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2015

Grateful today for the fog. Kinda like being hidden away, wrapped in the Lords protection. Hubby is still asleep while I enjoy the early morning quiet. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited December 2015

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2015

It's a Good Thing to Hope for Help from God

19-21 I'll never forget the trouble, the utter lostness,

the taste of ashes, the poison I've swallowed.

I remember it all—oh, how well I remember—

the feeling of hitting the bottom.

But there's one other thing I remember,

and remembering, I keep a grip on hope:

22-24 God's loyal love couldn't have run out,

his merciful love couldn't have dried up.

They're created new every morning.

How great your faithfulness!

I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over).

He's all I've got left.

25-27 God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits,

to the woman who diligently seeks.

It's a good thing to quietly hope,

quietly hope for help from God.

It's a good thing when you're young

to stick it out through the hard times.

28-30 When life is heavy and hard to take,

go off by yourself. Enter the silence.

Bow in prayer. Don't ask questions:

Wait for hope to appear.

Don't run from trouble. Take it full-face.

The "worst" is never the worst.

31-33 Why? Because the Master won't ever

walk out and fail to return.

If he works severely, he also works tenderly.

His stockpiles of loyal love are immense.

He takes no pleasure in making life hard,

in throwing roadblocks in the way.

Be blessed tonight dear sisters. Praying for you. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2015

It's a Good Thing to Hope for Help from God

19-21 I'll never forget the trouble, the utter lostness,

the taste of ashes, the poison I've swallowed.

I remember it all—oh, how well I remember—

the feeling of hitting the bottom.

But there's one other thing I remember,

and remembering, I keep a grip on hope:

22-24 God's loyal love couldn't have run out,

his merciful love couldn't have dried up.

They're created new every morning.

How great your faithfulness!

I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over).

He's all I've got left.

25-27 God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits,

to the woman who diligently seeks.

It's a good thing to quietly hope,

quietly hope for help from God.

It's a good thing when you're young

to stick it out through the hard times.

28-30 When life is heavy and hard to take,

go off by yourself. Enter the silence.

Bow in prayer. Don't ask questions:

Wait for hope to appear.

Don't run from trouble. Take it full-face.

The "worst" is never the worst.

31-33 Why? Because the Master won't ever

walk out and fail to return.

If he works severely, he also works tenderly.

His stockpiles of loyal love are immense.

He takes no pleasure in making life hard,

in throwing roadblocks in the way. Lamentations 3:19-33 MSG

Be blessed tonight dear sisters. Praying for you. Love, Jean