thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited January 2016

Feeling better today after a week long pancreatitis attack. Thought I might have to go to the hospital, but the fever went down and I was able to stay home. I'm so looking forward to going to FL in a few weeks. I do not like the cold.

I wish you all a happy and healthy 2016.

Blessings

• longtimesurvivor
    longtimesurvivor Member Posts: 88
    edited January 2016

Amen Jean. I can also praise God for moving my husband closer to the Lor

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited January 2016

Mini1, where will you be in FL?

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited January 2016

Today I am grateful for a sense of God's presence. Sometimes it is so vague I need to settle and get really still to acquire it. Yet He is so faithful to wait for me. Love, Jean.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited January 2016

Praying for the needs as they come in. Have a great day lady warriors.

Love

Nancy

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited January 2016

I am so sorry that I have been absent from this wonderful thread for awhile! I hope you all had aVery Blessed and Merry Christmas!! Nancy, thank you for your prayers, love and support!! Prayers for my son and dil have been answered!! Thank you and Praise the Lord!! They moved to Boise, Idaho for a fresh start and we are there helping to move them!! They are both very brave to make this move, but we so enjoy seeing them happy again!! Our grandchildren are thriving!! They sure keep us busy!!

You are all in my prayers, as I read your posts and see miracles happen in your lives every day!! May you all continue to see Our Lord's presence in your lives every day!!!

• zjrosenthal
    edited January 2016

Today I am thankful for having the opportunity last night for hubby and I to be treated to dinner by some dear couple friends. While it was difficult sitting for so long and painful getting up seeing them was wonderful. I'm also grateful that in this country I have the opportunity to have a hip replacement so I won't be in so much pain. I hope all of you have a blessed day in Jesus. Love, Jean

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited January 2016

Reading this post daily, but have not posted lately. However, I read about what you all are doing and pray for you and your needs. I also rejoice for the positive things happening.

I have just returned from a visit with my son and family in Virginia Beach, and had a wonderful time. Now, home, unpacking, laundry....all the stuff you do after a trip.

Nancy, Philippians 4:13 is my favorite Bible verse.

It is a sunny day, around 70 degrees, in SW Florida. I will be going for my daily walk soon. I hope you all have a good day!

• Kindergarten
    edited January 2016

My Sunshine, it sounds like you had a wonderful trip visiting your family in Virginia Beach!!! We will be returning to California soon, and then making the periodic visits to Boise! I am praying that my son and Dil's continues to thrive as they know Our Lord is is with them .

May you all have a Very Blessed Day!! Nancy, praying that your insomnia lessons and for discernment with your Mom's basement!! You have a lot on your plate!! Give it to Him!! Mini, hope you are feeling better each and every day!!!

• zjrosenthal
    edited January 2016

today I am very grateful that it looks like I will have the opportunity to go to a rehab after surgery instead of coming home to my possibly icy staircase full home. I hope everyone here has a blessed day. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited January 2016

Good morning lady warriors,

As I think back to 2015 I realize that one of the big reasons that this Christian thread has been so powerful in the past is because we all took even a few extra seconds in our day to encourage others on this thread who needed prayer and took time to post a word to know that someone cared. One line of encouragement to another sister who is going through a battle can make all the difference in that person's perception of their situation. Saying a prayer as soon as you read someone's post can possibly alter the course of destiny for the sister you prayed for. I hope in 2016 we can regain that sense of family and closeness. If a sister comes to your mind and heart that you have not heard from in a while post a quick note that I am thinking and praying for you. I think sometimes it is easy to feel forgotten especially for those who are going through terrible struggles and don't even have the strength to post but do read. I know as our thread grows it does become more difficult to remember everyone and it becomes much easier to feel forgotten at the very time that you need to be uplifted. I usually try to name people who have recently posted just to acknowledge that I do care. In doing that I realize that some may feel left out if they only read as time permits. They may totally miss a post that was just for them if they scrolled back a bit. I know some are very scared to name any names at all for that very reason. I know that some in the past have said I was the glue that held us all together. I know I have really, really tried to do just that but have felt lately that my glue was becoming ineffective and that our ministry needed a surge of power and renewed commitment. I will confess that I am really worn out and worn down by the circumstances in my life right now. I am still at my mom's for a few more days and when I return home on Monday I have a whole other set of concerns regarding an upcoming unpleasant biopsy and possible surgery and the fear of what that will mean to my body for many months to come. I totally understand how many of you are weary who have been in a battle for a very long time. I pray that we can do what this thread has always done and that is lift up and encourage our sisters who need it and then when it is your turn to be lifted up there will be those who are feeling stronger to do just that. I don't often bare my soul publicly and you won't see me do that too often. It might be my total lack of sleep lately that is allowing me to be very honest with no filter or it may be the Lord speaking speaking through me. Hopefully it is the later. I know how many of you have become such an important part of my life and I have gained so much strength from this little online prayer family. I am in awe at your courage and you inspire me continually. We women are strong and have a grit that keeps us fighting every single day with the power of the Lord in our lives. I had a sister send me a PM in the past and she said I realize now that it was not having breast cancer but knowing the Lord that is what bonds us together. I think that initially it was our bc that brought us to this BCO site but I think it has ultimately been the Lord who has brought us to this particular thread and it will be the Lord who will continue to allow us to share our needs and to celebrate our victories that He gives us in His mercy and grace. My prayer is that He will continue to use this thread to bless others and that all who read our posts will know that we are motivated by a mighty and loving God and that our light will attract all who come here and that we can ultimately point them to God knowing that our very existence is because He loves us more than we know and that He is waiting with open arms go comfort us in our affliction and to give us life and a hope for our present situation but also hope for eternal glory with Him.

I love you all,

Nancy

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited January 2016

Hi everybody and to those needing prayers know that whenever I read your posts I immediately say a prayer on your behalf. Nancy thank you for your time of service on this thread and I pray that the Lord will rise others to carry on being the "glue" as I do believe you need a break. I've been doing great thank God still enjoying my friend from Mexico visit and this past Monday we spent the day and till midnight in Disney's Magic Kingdom. ( I live in Orlando). Health wise I had my drain removed from my hip surgery and it's healing nicely and hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll stop wearing the hip brace. I'm still undergoing chemo but starting January 1st my Medicare kicked in and I have a 20% copayment so I'm going to start receiving treatment at the hospital instead of the cancer center so the hospital will eat the copayment . It is ridiculous that Medicare is actually more expensive that the insurance I had under Obamacare but oh well it is what it is. Thank you for reading this and I pray everyone is doing as well as possible.

Aurora

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited January 2016

Nice post Nancy, thanks. Yes, prayers go up as I read everyone's posts and also a corporate prayer for those who I know also lurk but don't post. JO-5, yes I did see your note about the graft and did pray immediately so I'm sure it was the Lord answering as He does so often. Happy you are healing and still praying for less pain and stress for you.

Blessings. Hug

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited January 2016

Amen To Joanne's post

• Kindergarten
    edited January 2016

Amen to all your posts, Jean I will pray that a rehab center is where you will heal and recover!!!

I have learned through prayer, that prayer is so powerful and His timing is key!! Never ever give up on talking and praying to Our Lord!!! Only He knows what is Best, and He will answer accordingly!!! I am learning to Let Go and Let God in every situation!! I feel so blessed to be on this thread!! You all inspire me!!

• mysunshine48
    edited January 2016

Nancy, You are an amazing woman in so many ways. I pray for you and your mom and the situation there. And, I pray that you have a safe trip home and that the biopsy you are facing is not too stressful and the results are favorable. Of course, no surgery would be wonderful. Put it in God's hands, knowing that the women on this site are with you every step of the way.

I pray for each of you when I read your posts, and, I try to remember those who have posted along the way. God knows who we are and our strong faith and love for Him.

• mysunshine48
    edited January 2016

Oh, Jean, such good news about the possiblity of some time at rehab. That will help you a lot!

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited January 2016

Good evening ladies,

I have to admit that I have been a reader and a "lurker".. I read the posts and requests daily, and pray for the needs listed here. A big thanks to Nancy for her efforts to keep up with us all and what is going on with us.

For those who have been here awhile, you probably remember that my main health concern has been my hip replacement surgery and recovery. I am doing very well, and can now walk without a cane and can drive. I still use the cane for walking around in strange places or while outdoors. For insurance reasons I may have go ahead and have my left one done by the end of 2016. I do have my scheduled bilateral Mammo next month, and we ALL know the anxiety of that after having breast cancer.

I do have a non-medical prayer request. My mom and I are having some relationship problems. She was attempting to play "favorites" with her two grandchildren (my kids) and I told her how unfair that was. She didn't take it well and refuses to call or see me. My only contacts with her since midDecember have been a very hurtful voicemail and a letter that was even more painful to read. I am staying in contact but she's written and said some things that I can forgive but will never forget. Please pray that God will soften her heart and that we can re-establish communication. She behaved this way with her mother and sister for many years, until their deaths.

May God bless you all, and count your blessings every day! I'm praying for you all!

Ellen

• zjrosenthal
    edited January 2016

Today I am grateful for the lyrics to this,song that I hope blessed all of you as well.

"Just Be Held" by Casting Crowns

Hold it all together

Everybody needs you strong

But life hits you out of nowhere

And barely leaves you holding on

And when you're tired of fighting

Chained by your control

There's freedom in surrender

Lay it down and let it go

So when you're on your knees and answers seem so far away

You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held

Your worlds not falling apart, its falling into place

I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held

Just be held, just be held

If your eyes are on the storm

You'll wonder if I love you still

But if your eyes are on the cross

You'll know I always have and I always will

And not a tear is wasted

In time, you'll understand

I'm painting beauty with the ashes

Your life is in My hands

Lift your hands, lift your eyes

In the storm is where you'll find Me

And where you are, I'll hold your heart

I'll hold your heart

Come to Me, find your rest

In the arms of the God who wont let go

Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited January 2016

Mini, I am glad you are feeling better. I have prayed for you and am glad the worst is behind you and that you will be able to go to Florida and soak up some sun and some time with your sister I believe it is. Right?

Jean, I am glad you will get to go to a rehab facility. That is what my aunt did after falling and breaking her hip. She is back at her assisted living place and in fact my mom and I are going to visit her tonight. I spent many hours making a photo album for her and will give that to her as well. That you for post those words to that song. I needed to see that.

Kathy, thank you for your prayers. I am so tickled to hear about your son and his wife doing so well. Praise God. Prayers are effective. Praying for a wonderful year for you.

G, i hope you are on the road to a complete recovery and so glad the infection is gone. I pray that 2016 will be your year of healing.

Lucy, I continue to pray for you and Steve. I sure hope you can drop in and let us know how you are doing. I know you are a strong woman of faith but you have been through so much that I know has bee so difficult. Hang in there dear sister.

Joanne, thank you for being a good friend. You have had such a tough last few months. You have been an inspiration to all of us. Grace under pressure would be a good way to describe your journey. I pray that you will prove the doctor wrong and that you will not have pain for 2 years and that 2016 will be your year of healing.

Phyliss, that you for your support and encouragement to all of us. I know you have been on this thread from the beginning in different times. Not many choose to do that but I am glad you have. The same for Joanne, Kathy and Mini.

Aurora, thank you for your support and I am glad you are doing better. The new Medicare laws in place will probably be a challenge to many but I am glad you will at least be covered for your infusions at the hospital. I am bracing myself for Medicare next year.

Lynn, thank you for your kind words. I do appreciate them. Thank you for your prayers. I do appreciate that so much. Are you going to be moving soon?

Ellen, I am continuing to pray for your situation with your mom. I know how hurtful that must be. I have been praying that God would soften her heart. I am so glad you are recovering so well and I know you will be glad to get your second surgery over and done with when the time comes. You are almost half way there. I remember all the pain you were having and just think about what it will be like to walk pain free in the future. Thanks for you prayers and support.

Allison, thank you for your encouragement. I am praying for you and for your son that will be living alone this semester.

Kath, let's remember to pray for her as she is back to work after some time off for the holidays. Her treatments are definitely helping but she still needs prayer for side effects and for this treatment to continue to melt those affect areas and the swelling completely. Praying for a safe time for Pat and the boys as they work on the TN house. Thank you for your friendship. You are a blessing.

Ladies, I don't know what the Lord has in mind for me. I watched Joyce Meyer on Netflix last night. It was like a healing balm and a reminder that I am a conqueror. I felt hope rising in me out of the ashes. I was physically and emotionally done in when going to bed last night from having insomnia all week. I slept really well until a phone call woke me this morning from a handyman saying he was coming right over. I needed more sleep but the Lord answered my prayer. I won't go into all the details but my mom's kitchen light went out a couple of days ago and it turned into a fiasco. It was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. My attempts to fix it did not work and it was made worse by this furnace man trying and he really broke it. The Lord has come through in a pinch in just the right time as He always does. I had done all I could do and knew I might have to go back home with no resolution. Praise God the handyman is coming back in a couple hours to install new lighting and I am thrilled at the way God is working this out. The basement is a huge issue but water is still coming in and it is raining today so that will be an ongoing situation. Thank you for your prayers and support. I want so badly for this thread to thrive and I feel the troops rallying. Thank you.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited January 2016

• zjrosenthal
    edited January 2016

Well we just got back from the vet where we had our 13yr old cat Tiger put down. The vet was almost positive he had cancer and the poor thing had lost half his body weight in just over a month. It was much more emotional than I expected saying goodbye. I believe we did the right thing. Sigh... Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited January 2016

Jean, I am sorry you had to put your cat down. That is so hard to do but it sounds like the poor thing doesn't have to suffer any more. I know they are one of the family and it is hard.

• mysunshine48
    edited January 2016

Oh, Jean, I know that is so difficult to do. I have had to do that several time. I cried so much !

Nancy, I know this is probably something you already know, but, I remember living in Indiana a long time ago, our basemet flooded. We got a sump pump and no more flooding. I have not mentioned it before since it seems like a common solution for a lot of people up north, but figured you had tried it or already knew about it.

I hope you have another good night tonight.

• longtimesurvivor
    longtimesurvivor Member Posts: 88
    edited January 2016

Jean - it's never easy when we have to ease our beloved pets onward is it? Last fall I did this with both our cat of 18 years and a dog of 14. It just hurts. It is part of what we buy in to though, when we open our hearts to them. I'm sorry. I fully expect to see all my dear pets in heaven one day!

All of us in pain, feeling discouraged, whether we at forging ahead with gusto or just taking tentative steps forward; whether we are laying in a bed too fatigued to get up, too depressed to do anything, or discouraged about our situation and left feeling hopeless; or out jogging, living life pretty well and enjoying each day, let us remember to always always know, we are His, and He has a plan for us, He knows the number of our days- and that they are good. He also is using each of us whether we see it or not.

D.L. Moody I think said we are most often used by God in our circumstances when we least expect it, and it sure makes sense. Otherwise it would be about us!

Blessings on each heart that reads his-

Allison

• bandwoman1234
    edited January 2016

Lynn, I have asked my mom why my Dad never got a sump pump and she can't remember. I think the issue is the way thing are draining. They live at the top of a hill so it would seem water would flow down their hill but it just isn't working that way. I know the foundation needs to be dug up to see what is going on but the expense of that is scary. Thanks for your suggestion. If money was not an issue I think it would make things much easier but with her dementia this could run into lots and lots of money.

Allison, thanks for your post. I have heard it said that God does not allow us to go through challenges without equipping us for the task. I think that one really big issue is that we do not fully understand and call upon the power and authority we have in Jesus as much as we should. I know that I was reminded of that last night watching this Joyce Meyer video.

Have a great night sisters in Christ.

Love,

Nancy

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited January 2016

Assurance

When life is bright and sunny

Or when the teardrops fall,

There's one thing I am sure of,

God is with me through it all.

He did not put me on this earth

To walk life's path alone;

He sent His Son to be my Guide,

The dearest friend I've known.

When my life draws to a close,

I will not go alone;

He who safely guides me here

Will safely lead me home. Kay Hoffman

• zjrosenthal
    edited January 2016

Today I am so grateful for God's comfort last night in the loss of Tiger, our 13yr old cat. He gave me a mental picture of Jesus holding Tiger and His voice said "Don't worry, I've got him." Amazing grace. Love, Jean

Praying that all here today have God's grace and comfort in abundance.

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited January 2016

Jean

I'm so sorry you had to put Tiger to sleep. Our precious animals are such a big part of our lives. I am praying for your peace and comfort. I love that you got a picture of the Lord holding Tiger. That's beautiful!!!!

Blessings

G

• mysunshine48
    edited January 2016

I also love the picture of our Lord holding your precious kitty. I have had to say good-by to 4 cats in the past 10 years. I have one 14 year old left and she is starting to show her age. I have a little plaque in my kitchen that says "Heaven is a place where all the pets you've every known come running to greet you".

Allison, I loved what you said. Everyday, I think about the verse that says God has plans for you....and I keep asking what plans? Show me? I want to do His will, but keep waiting for a specific answer. So, I just try to be the best person I can be and do what I can do for people and animals.