Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited May 2011

LadyinBama I have been worried and praying for you.  glad you are ok.  the stories sound devastating.

• LiveFreeinNH
    LiveFreeinNH Member Posts: 22
    edited May 2011

Happy Mothers Day, ladies!Thankful for my Mom and all we have.

God is Good

• Mimidi
    Mimidi Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2011

I hope everyone has a great day.  It is a beautiful day here in southeast Alabama today. My children and their families dropped by after church to wish me a "Happy Mother's Day" and are supposed to come back later this afternoon to swim and cookout.  I am thankful I got a week off from chemo to get white blook count up so I feel better than usual and am looking forward to company.

God is so very good.  I am believing that He is going to bring me through this year so I can enjoy my family and loved ones for years to come.

• Mimidi
    edited May 2011

LadyinBama it is good to hear that you and those you know got through the tornadoes. The state was really hit hard.  Some family memebers are with the local fire departments and national guard to work.  A cousin told us we could not imagine the destruction. 

• Mimidi
    edited May 2011

I can't imagine what these people are going through.  Prayers here for all of them.

• LadyinBama
    LadyinBama Member Posts: 993
    edited May 2011

Mimidi: Thanks. We actually road out the worst of it in Dothan! My DH is from there and we went and stayed with his best buddy for 3 days. We came back just in time for our power to come back on about an hour after we got home. It is both depressing and heartwarming to read about the things going on here. So  much loss, but so much love and help going out to those in need too.

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336
    edited May 2011

Hi Ladies I finally made it back to church after shingles.  I feel much better tonight God has been so good to me I can not tell it all

• ATeamNana
    ATeamNana Member Posts: 224
    edited May 2011

Lynniea...so glad you are feeling better...Hugs and prayers to all!

Marsha

• Rocket
    Rocket Member Posts: 910
    edited May 2011

Hi Ladies,

I've been out of the loop for a month or more and am just now catching up.  The devastation from the tornadoes and floods has been so heartbreaking.  Prayers have been said for those suffering and in need.  Ladyinbama, so glad you and your family are okay.  Indeed God is good!

I learned on Mother's Day that I'm going to be a grandmother!  My DS and DIL are having our first grandchild in February.  I'm going to be known as "Nana".  I was so excited learning the news that I cried, kissed my DS and DIL several times and jumped for joy - literally.  What a wonderful time for our family.  My DH is thrilled too.  We'll be able to do things with our grandchild that we didn't have time or money for when we were raising our own kids.  I will say though that upon hearing the news, a bit of fear crept into my mind.  I wondered, "Will I be here in 15 years for that grandson or granddaughter?"  I don't think I'll ever get over wondering if the dreaded cancer will return.  It has a way of popping into my thoughts at the most inappropriate times.

I pray earnestly for a cure for this horrible disease.

Blessings to you all!

• ATeamNana
    edited May 2011

Rocket....congratulations....I go by "nana" ....I was told long ago when I became a grandmother to go by nana because they learn to say it very quickly and it is so true...I love it!   We have one son and God blessed us with 4 grandsons and a wonderful daughter in law..it is by far the most wonderful thing ever.....Have fun "buying" presents along the way. 

Wishing the best to everyone else as well...YES  GOD IS GOOD!

• lynniea
    edited May 2011

Hi ladies I have my Tamoxin today.  I finished AC Keep me in prayer everything goes well.  Thanks and have a blessed day

• LadyinBama
    edited May 2011

Congrats Rocket, wonderful news!

• cakeisgreat
    cakeisgreat Member Posts: 188
    edited May 2011

Hey, Guys...it has been a LONG time!  I guess I've been trying to forget about BC for awhile and live my life, but I just got an x-ray and they found a "nodule" on my lung, so I'm FREAKING OUT.  It's so small they cant biopsy, so I have to wait for 3 months (well till July 6) to find out if it's growing and mets.

Seriously????!!!!!

Would you guys pray for me to keep calm, and remember that God is in control, and has a plan for my life.  I confess, I really am scared.  I thought that by my early detection, and all that I did...DIEP flap, no lymph nodes, etc., that I wouldnt have to worry so much.  UGH. 

And I had so many promises from God that I would be okay, but it's hard tokeep faith sometimes.

Help me calm down!

• LadyinBama
    edited May 2011

Cakeisgreat: Prayer said. I too had lung nodules, but they turned out to be nothing. They told me that it was from an old infection. Hang in there!

• ATeamNana
    edited May 2011

Cakeisgreat...I am saying a prayer right not...(lest I forget)...memory just not what it used to be so

DONE.......

• cakeisgreat
    edited May 2011

Thanks so much LadyinBama and ATeamNana.  Just knowing people are praying helps calm me down.  Thanks for telling me about your lung nodules.  I hope it was just an infection or something also.  My onc says 90-95% it's nothing, but I wonder if they just say that cuz they know I'll freak out, especially having to wait 3 months, LOL!

In my Bible reading today, I am in Luke, and I came to the part where Jesus said, "And which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life's span?" Luke 12:25 (Updated New American Standard Bible)

Which I think is interesting because the NKJV reads "...can add one cubit to his stature?"

I must have needed to hear the first version today (it does say in the cliff notes cubit/stature, but I didnt notice that until now.  Interesting!)

• ATeamNana
    edited May 2011

Cakeisgreat...just checking in to see how you are? 

Praying you remain calm waiting for results....Marsha

• cakeisgreat
    edited May 2011

Hiya Ateamnana!

Thanks for checking!  I'm calmer now.  Trying to focus on Jesus and his love.  The cool thing was that I was reading the Bible this morning and God brought me right to Psalm 34 where it says that he will "save me from all my fears."

That was awesome.

I'll keep you posted!  This is the best place to be for BC.  Everyone understands.

• ATeamNana
    edited May 2011

Awesome...God is soo good....we have much to be thankful for considering the Joplin, MO and OK families.  I am shopping for a new Bible...I have a personal size NIV that I can no longer read the print :(...so I've been pricing large print ones...wow they are very expensive but...I am using an old one of my mothers right now and I do not like the version as well...

Night all ... I'm hopefully off to dreamland.

• LadyinBama
    edited May 2011

ATeamNana: I too have to stop immediately and say a prayer when someone is in need. I can't remember anything anymore and if I don't do it immediately, I forget :)

Hope everybody is doing well. I had  my second chemo for my ovarian cancer yesterday. So far, so good.

• ATeamNana
    edited May 2011

I have to go for PAP smear tomorrow....have not had one for at least 3 years ...but Oncologist said I need to so ...I'm doing it...not my favorite thing to do but at least it is nurse practitioner and hoping to get an allergy shot too whoo hooo.....Not sure what area everyone is in but praying no damage from the storms...it was very scary here tonight...tornado warnings and such...they seem to be happening all the time these days....I do believe God is trying to get the world to pay attention.

So glad your chemo is going well LadyinBama....

• lynniea
    edited May 2011

I girl's had my first Taxol TX and did not go very well I had the bad bone and muscle pain.  Feeling a little better but legs are still weak.  I get my second one on  Thursday and praying it is not as bad as the first one.  I finally got out of the house yesterday and went to my cousins son's baseball game and a BBQ with them and my sister and another cousin I had to get out I was going stir crazy.

• LiveFreeinNH
    edited May 2011

I had to get away from the web for awhile, information overload...but I am back for some much needed prayer. I am having Mx on Wednesday. I am not sure how I am feeling, God has spoken to me in many ways. I know what I am doing is the right thing and I am not second guessing that. I am scared and nervous. I have decided against recon and see how it goes. I am hoping I like it, otherwise I will go for it later. I will remember when I look down, how much God loves me. He has deemed it fit that this be allowed to happen for His good will. I need calm and mental peace. waiting is the tough part . AND I have to go to work tomorrow!! Aaaarrgg.Thanks for the prayers.

Remember those who gave their lives.

• ATeamNana
    edited May 2011

Linniea...praying your next Taxol will go much smoother.....I had paclitaxol...not sure how similiar it is to what you are having and in reading these boards everything affects us each differently...praying you get some needed rest and prepare for your next round....

LiveFreeinNH...so sorry you have to work tomorrow I will pray the day will go guickly and you will be able to keep your mind off of wednesday and focus.  I totally understand information overload...if I read too much...I get really down...but I Know we are in Gods' hands and he alone can forsee our future....I am praying for peace and calmness and for a successful surgery on Wednesday...Cyber hugs to you both!

• LadyinBama
    edited May 2011

LiveFree: Prayer said for you. My BMX surgery was no big deal. I had TEs inserted at the same time and they were the only part of it that hurt. Be sure to tell your surgeon that you might consider recon later. That might affect how he does the surgery. Good luck!

Linnea: I'm doing Taxol for my OvCa and it's giving me leg and feet pains too. I see my gyn onc tomorrow and I'm going to ask him what will help. Praying you and me both get some relief!

• LiveFreeinNH
    edited May 2011

I am thinking that all this anticipation is the worse part and after surgery willl be all down hill. Hope I am right. Lucky to have a loving DH and great kids and parents,sister and brothers and inlaws who care and a great Heavenly Father who loves me no matter what!

my prayers are with you all. How nice that you are here in support of each other. It means so much

G'nite

• lynniea
    edited May 2011
    Ladyinbama I will be praying for your relief to.  I am doing better but have my 6th chemo on Thursday and praying all goes well with no pain this time I know God can make it happen.  
  • TMarina
    TMarina Member Posts: 297
    edited May 2011

Hi Ladies!  I have not been on here for a long time.  I just check in to a few threads now and then--not spending as much time on the computer these days.  But I have missed you and the love that you share.

LiveFree-- i think you are having your mx tomorrow?  I had a single (left side) mx a year ago (5/24/10).  I was too overwhelmed at the time to make any decisions about recon. My surgeon and onc both recommended that I just have the mx and I can always decide to do recon later.  It turns out I had to have radiation too, so that limits my recon choices.  I am large breasted, so having only one breast is a little awkward, but over all I am happy with my decision. Please feel free to pm me with any questions you have.  The surgery isn't bad at all--I healed quickly and the pain was manageable.  Just keep doing any exercises they tell you to do.  I have a sore shoulder now from not using it enough.

For those on Taxol and having bone pain, I took percoset for a few days after every tx and it worked great for me. With the pain med I was able to get up and do stuff, otherwise I would have been laying around in too much pain to do anything!  Talk to your docs and see if they'll give you anything.

ladyin bama--I've been thinking about you and your 2nd dx.  Glad to hear things are going well.  You will get through this one, just like you did the first one. I am almost finished with tx for my 2nd cancer, and life is looking pretty good to me right now!  I used my "sick" time to get closer to God and spend more time in His Word.  I'm praying I never get another cancer dx, but I wouldn't change the past 2 years because God has been with me the whole time, and I've learned a lot about Him and myself.  (well, ok, I would change the lingering side effects I have to live with because they are REALLY annoying!)

As soon as I hit "submit" I'm going to pray for each of you!  God bless!

Tina

• LiveFreeinNH
    edited June 2011

TMarina- Thanks for your advise. I am going tomorrow morning and sitting here crying a bit but grateful that it is almost over. If all goes well, I wont need chemo or radiation and this will be the end of it.I dont have any questions now, but thanks for the preyers I really feel them.

• ATeamNana
    edited June 2011

LiveFreeinNH....just checking in to see how you are doing...saying a prayer for speedy recovery.

Hoping you are resting and all is well.   

LadyinBama.....hope your chemo went well.... praying for you too!

TMarina.....I too drew closer to God through all this....definitely makes you rethink what is important!

Linniea....praying your treatment went well also!