Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• Mimidi
    Mimidi Member Posts: 48
    edited April 2011

Jo I too believe God guides us if  we  let Him.  I have a very simple prayer, "God handle this situation because I can't." 

This week started off bad for me.  The devil in the form of depression crept into my mind and I welcomed him with open arms.  This morning I woke up before 5 and couldn't go back to sleep.  I snuggled with DH just seeking out his warmth to help me fight away the deamons.  I put off going for my abraxtane treatment as long I could.  I just did not want to leave the house and the security around me.  My oncology nurse was so nice, his name is Jeffery, and talked to me about of of my favoirte subjects, hummingbirds. The lab was real fast and I got my blood results back in not time and the treatment was started.  Just a little over 2 hours and I was walking out the door coming home.  It is so good when God takes something you are depressed over and turns it around.

I don't wear my beliefs on my sleeve and preach to everyone I see but God knows my heart and is always there for me to lean on and lift me up when I need carrying.  God will make a way for us when there seems to be no way.

• LadyinBama
    LadyinBama Member Posts: 993
    edited April 2011

Hi Ladies, Just want to wish you all a blessed Easter!

• LiveFreeinNH
    LiveFreeinNH Member Posts: 22
    edited April 2011

Mimidi- God Bless you. I know you are going through hard times. Up and Down it seems. I had a downer yesterday but today I had a lot of positives. God carries us though and if we hold on we find the light with Him.

First I went to work then to the new Dr who talked to me for 2 hours!! SHe was a wealth of information. She is a medical Dr first but holistic in treatment. SHe talked about iodine defieciency and as it related to breast cancer Also fungus growth in my system. (Yuck) but wants me on probiotics, magnesium and iodine. Also no refined sugars. Cant hurt

going to check this out:

http://breastcancerchoices.org/iodine.html

Happy Easter to you Too!!!

• Mimidi
    Mimidi Member Posts: 48
    edited April 2011

I hope every enjoys Good Friday and has a wonderful Easter.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited April 2011

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Easter holiday weekend and that we are all reminded that Jesus died on the cross for our sins. I am humbled to be loved so unconditionally

Thanks for all the prayers for my dad. He now has colon cancer as well that is bleeding. They are going to do surgery on Tuesday to remove it. Let him heal about three weeks and then start his chemo for his lung mets. Also by then they will have all the path back on the colon cancer

• Sherryc
    edited April 2011

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Easter holiday weekend and that we are all reminded that Jesus died on the cross for our sins. I am humbled to be loved so unconditionally

Thanks for all the prayers for my dad. He now has colon cancer as well that is bleeding. They are going to do surgery on Tuesday to remove it. Let him heal about three weeks and then start his chemo for his lung mets. Also by then they will have all the path back on the colon cancer

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336
    edited April 2011

Happy Easter everyone.  Spent a great day with everyone yesterday.  Great food laughs and played some silly games.  I have my last AC on Wednesday and my sister and Aunt are coming down for it from Vermont.  I am so glad I have family to share this with.  Sometimes it's hard to let other people do for you when you where a giver.  Jesus has risen I could not have gone through this without him.

• Sherryc
    edited April 2011

Lynniea will be praying for you and so glad your family is able to come and share this moment with you.

• ATeamNana
    ATeamNana Member Posts: 224
    edited April 2011

So thankful I found this site.....I've tried to read through the past posts to see what everyone is going through.....I am stopping now to lift you all up in prayer.....I ask for your prayer as well....I try so hard to depend on the Lord to see me through....but the devil creeps in and pulls me down....I worry excessively regarding finances and everything....High anxiety level....but I take xanax and try to relax myself by "speaking to god"   I had my vitamin D levels checked and it is only 21 .....   dr put me on 5000iu daily for 3 months...I've only had it 3 days so I'm sure it will take a little time to hopefully have an effect on my fatigue and anxiety.    Praying God gives you all the strength and peace to carry on in your journeys!  Thanks for letting me ramble...it really does help to just express yourself to others that understand......:)))

• ATeamNana
    edited April 2011

Jo thanks so much for the encouragement.....I am going to see my Regular Dr Friday because they won't refill my asthma inhaler until I go in....she is the one who just called and put me on the 5000iu Vit D.   I take Xanax as needed also...prescribed 1 a day but sometimes i take 1/2 tablet 3 times a day if I feel I need it.. .so glad to know the anxiety does decrease with the increased Vitamin D ... I was not sure if that would make much difference...I wish I had increased it much sooner.......I am going to babysit with my 18mo old twin grandsons for a couple hours tonight...they always lift my spirits!

• LiveFreeinNH
    edited April 2011

I keep erasing  posts because I am depressed and I don't want to bring anyone down. But I could really use some prayer.I am going to the surgeon tomorrow and probably set  a date for the mastectomy. I just need prayer for strength and courage. I am really (deep inside) scared. OK there I said it. I have never truly had to greive anything before. Except for losing my grandma and a dear cousin, both when I was alot younger, I have never really lost anyone close, even my parents are still alive. So I don't know much about grief and I know I am going to feel it. I have a confident faith that my life is in God's capable hands, but I need peace.I also take Vit D and an anti-anxiety med at times but this is just something we have to go through. Like looking at the boogey man right in the eyes.

My strength is built on nothing less than Jesus and His righteousness.

On Christ the solid rock I stand all other ground is sinking sand.

All other ground is sinking sand.

Thanks.

• ATeamNana
    edited April 2011

LiveFree....I will lift you up in my prayers this evening asking for comfort and peace on your decisions...I can not say I understand all you are going through since we each have our own unique journey so I will just say a prayer that you keep trusting and leaning on God to see you through...

I'm off to bed....so prayers coming your way very soon!

• LiveFreeinNH
    edited April 2011

Thank you so very much.

• LiveFreeinNH
    edited April 2011

On other threads I am not sure if people have a faith so I have trouble connecting spiritually with them but on this thread I can speak freely about mine.  How can a person get throught this without God? It is hard enough and He gives us so much....Hope, Strength, Courage...acceptance of who we are.Thanks for being here for each other

• lynniea
    edited April 2011

You will be in my prayers today.  Just remember that God is able to do all things.  I have my 4th chemo today half way done Praise God for that.

• ATeamNana
    edited April 2011

lynniea ... yeah for 4th Chemo down...it will be all done before you know it.

It is still gloomy...raining...and generally yucky weather here....that just makes my anxiety...bummed out feelings just intensify....Please pray for me that this increased Vitamin D will kick in soon....I stress out so badly...I've been really crabby and on edge tonight...thank goodness my husband is being very patient with me tonight....so thankful I can unload here and try to focus on what God has brought me through and quit worrying about the future and take it one day at a time.   I need to step back and appreciate what I have....what God has done for me....what he will continue to do for me....Thanks for letting me vent.....

• lynniea
    edited April 2011

Had a few upsets be-four chemo could start.  My port flipped upside down so sent me back down to get it right.  I think it is flipped again because it feels the same as be four.  Keep me in your prayers I think I got bit by something a tick or a spider they did test for Lyme's disease.  I know my God can clear all this up.  I pray all of you are doing well. God Bless

• ATeamNana
    edited April 2011

Lynniea....praying all is well...just read the post...

I hope to goodness it is not a spider or tick...and it gets cleared up soon.

My port went well...so I hope they get yours straightened out...Hugs & Prayers commin you way!

• lynniea
    edited April 2011

Thanks ATeam nana for praying They started me on an antibiotics and seems a little better.  I think it flipped again so I will have to let them know what they want to do.

• ATeamNana
    edited May 2011

Where is everyone on this site??? I found it to be a great encouragement ....then hardly anyone posts..:

Lynniea....hope you are doing well....

• LiveFreeinNH
    edited May 2011

My last appointment before my final decision was Friday with a prothsetic fitter. She was so kind. Itold my family last weekend I needed to be alone. DH even took off by himself on Saturday Then on Sunday we went for a ride after church. He was very quiet giving me time to "contemplate.

Made the call to schedule (mastectomy) surgery. The sweet girl that does the scheduling said she would try for the 18th. She did't say anything like"Are you sure you don't want recon..we can get you in for it?" That would have blown me away. I am so on the edge. I could have kissed her.

• ATeamNana
    edited May 2011

praying for all making decisions and waiting for results....

I go for 6 month follow up mamo on breast I had lumpecctomy in tomorrow.  I just hate the drive...an hour and 20 minutes or so...but my sister is going with me so that is helpful!

Have a peaceful evening everyone!

• LiveFreeinNH
    edited May 2011

ATeamNana Sisiters are great the time always goes to fast when we are together. praying for you to have peace at this time. No worries. Worry is the opposite of Faith. Trust in Him.

Love this Hymn:

IN CHRIST ALONE my hope is found,
    He is my light, my strength, my song;
    This Cornerstone, this solid Ground,
    Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
    What heights of love, what depths of peace,
    When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
    My Comforter, my All in All,
    Here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone! – who took on flesh,
    Fullness of God in helpless babe!
    This gift of love and righteousness,
    Scorned by the ones He came to save:
    Till on that cross as Jesus died,
    The wrath of God was satisfied –
    For every sin on Him was laid;
    Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay,
    Light of the world by darkness slain:
    Then bursting forth in glorious Day
    Up from the grave He rose again!
    And as He stands in victory
    Sin’s curse has lost its grip on me,
    For I am His and He is mine –
    Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
    This is the power of Christ in me;
    From life’s first cry to final breath,
    Jesus commands my destiny.
    No power of hell, no scheme of man,
    Can ever pluck me from His hand;
    Till He returns or calls me home,
    Here in the power of Christ I’ll stand!

• ATeamNana
    edited May 2011

I have read through that song several times since you posted it...

Thanks so much...I am nervous about driving in St. Louis..but not

too concerned about mamo....silly huh?  I do not like to drive in traffic but

God will see me through!  Thanks  

• ATeamNana
    edited May 2011

YEAH     I'm back home...almost slammed into the back of a little red car that crossed over two lanes of traffic but thankfully God kept us out of danger...they read the Mamo right on the spot on the follow ups and it is Good.....No signs of any issues.....what a relief....God is so Good...Now I am exhausted ... I was so tensed up but am now relaxing in my chair....thanks for all yoru prayers....

• LiveFreeinNH
    edited May 2011

ATeamNana I am so glad you had a good day and God kept you safe. Congrats on the good report. Praise God.!!

• LadyinBama
    LadyinBama Member Posts: 993
    edited May 2011

I am blessed! Too many tornadoes to count hit all around us last Wed. Today is the first day I've been able to check in. We are all ok, families ok, no friends or family had major damage, God watched over us. But so  many lost so much,  more than 250 people killed, the stories are hearbreaking! Please pray for Alabama as we get back on our feet and help  our neighbors to recover.

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204
    edited May 2011

LadyinBama - I've been worrying about you and the whole state over the last week. The damage is devastating! I don't know what I would do if a tornado whooshed down and destroyed my alma mater, UGA. Our hearts are breaking for all of our UA alumni friends and all the poor families throughout the state that lost so much! SO glad to hear you and yours were blessed, and I'm praying for Alabama. Take care!

• ATeamNana
    edited May 2011

LadyinBama...I've been praying for Alabama area as well...and all the other areas hit so hard

I can not imagine dealing with all of that.....will continue to pray...glad you and family are safe.

Thanks for the well wishes......

• ATeamNana
    edited May 2011

So much devastation in several areas from the tornados and flooding...

I continue to keep them all in my prayers....It is affecting so many....makes my worries seem so small....we all have much to be thankful for.  Wishing everyone a great day tomorrow....2 more days and weekend...yeah...even though I like my job and it is not stressful (most days) I still look forward to my weekends.....