thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• longtimesurvivor
    longtimesurvivor Member Posts: 88
    edited February 2016

Hi all:

Nancy- it is so tough when we watch a loved one go in for a medical treatment, covered in prayer, and then witness an error! Augh! Just have to trust God it is not in vain. My son had a broken clavicle repaired 2 years ago. He is a Type 1 diabetic, and being a teaching hospital, a student disconnected his pump while he was asleep, and my sons bs readings were sky high by the time he got to the recovery room. God protected him. I witnessed that. I however, wrote a strong letter to the president of hospital! Yup Otis is same breed, and is 39 lbs and turns 3 months old Feb 7! Also LOL about your freeloading visitor! (Go get 'Em Kitty!)

Charlotte- I know what you mean about change to chemo day-- it sure does throw things around a bit! i always figure the Lord uses that to keep me flexible!

Enjoyevrymoment - Thanks for your encouragement!! I'm feeling much better and am gearing up for my scans and blood work in Boston this Friday at Dana Farber. Not feeling nervous.

Would love prayers for our 3.5 hour drive to Dana Farber Friday..with the puppy!! Hubby will take him to see our son at his workplace while I do scans, and take care of him while at appointment reviewing scans and bw. This will be challenging.

Praises for Gods goodness for Mini1 and lifting up Lucy and mysunshine48. Kath, Kathy.

Allison

• She-Angel
    She-Angel Member Posts: 97
    edited February 2016

Afternoon ladies, what a difference a few days make. Last week it was freezing and snow on the ground today it is 69, blue skies and sunshine. I remind myself that is how life is too. I started acupuncture last Thursday to help manage this pain before I lose my mind and after one session their has been some relief. My pain level was a 7 when I went in and about a 3 when I came out. I was so tired the first few days after the session that it scared me. I will do better this week now that I know what to expect. After weeks of waiting for my order from Vitacost I returned to my desk and found my turmeric, magnesium and valerian root waiting for me. I have no idea if it will it help, but once again I am willing to try and think outside the box a bit.

Nancy I hope your anxiety for that biopsy was just that and that you were able to get some rest over the weekend as I keep being reminded that rest and repair occur during our time of sleep and not sleeping well detracts from the healing process.

Kath, I will be checking in on you, you are in my thoughts often.

I love seeing the banners and photos, they really brighten my day, even the one's with snow so please keep posting them. Have a great week ladies and know that tomorrow is another day for it to get right.

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 947
    edited February 2016

Nancy prayers for your BIL.

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited February 2016

Just finished reading all the posts from the past few days. Busy days here. I am going to make a list of all of you when I have a little extra time......I will just make the time. So sorry about your brother-in-law, Nancy. Will pray for him. Also, continung to keep you in my prayers everyday. I don't know a lot about what you are facing, but I pray that you will find the right answers as far as surgery. I try to pray as I read and then again at night or throughout the day. Sometimes I cannot remember exact names, but do remember circumstances. I feel that God knows who I am talking about and hears my prayers for you.

Enjoy....Yes, glad the colonoscopy is over. I had one a couple months ago....along with an endoscopy.

Allison, Yes, am praying as I read for a safe trip for you on Friday and clear scans and good bloodwork. Glad you are not nervous.....I always stress out.

Charlotte and Kath, You are in my prayers as you continue with chemo. I thank God that there are treatments to fight this horrible disease and win the battle! As someone once told me when I was feeling sick....just keep swimming. (Nemo)

Joanne, Praying for you to feel better.

Lucy and Steve, You are facing difficult days. I pray for you everyday. God loves you.

And, you, too, Footprints. Thank you for caring about so many. We care for you too and God loves you!

I hope everyone can find some joy in everyday, sleep well and trust our precious Lord.

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited February 2016

Nancy, prayers not only for BIL but your unwanted houseguest,,,,That he finds his way home

Lifting up everyone. Long day here. Darn vomiting!

Blessings 

Kath

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited February 2016

He Knows

He knows each tear

that you cry and He

know the reason why.

He knows each smile

that You share and He knows

every time that you care.

He knows when your

sad or blue and He will

always see you through.

He knows when your cheery

and bright, helps to show

another His light.

He knows when you sing

a song, it will help another

along.

He knows everything that

you do and He cares very

much about You! Is my first song I wrote

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited February 2016

Prayering for all.

Kath continue prayers for you dear friend and that a better day awaits you tomorrow with no side effects. Also, keeping you up in prayer for your upcoming procedure.

Lifting all up.

Foots, beautiful peoms . Touched me to my core. 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

God Bless and Love across the miles.

Angie

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited February 2016

Most of you except those on the West coast are probably in a sound sleep by now. I have been keeping some pretty crazy hours lately. I did want to share this on Grace.

G Great

R Riches

A At

C Christ's

E Expense

I heard this in a sermon over Christmas time with my mom. It is such a powerful statement of truth that many of you may have heard before but it was new to me.

I want to meditate on this because I think there are some truths here that go very deep in our souls. It is such a testament of how much God really loves us. I don't think I have even scratched the surface of that truth yet. We know our present suffering will only be for a time. I personally believe that God is doing a work in each of us in that suffering. I wish there could be an easier way but I know Christ felt the very same way when He knew He was going to face the cross. He said could this cup be taken from me. In the end He knew that God's will was going to be His will and His choice to go though the suffering for a much greater good for all of us to reap the benefit of that act of obedience.

As each of you go through suffering in pain and nausea and swelling and fatigue and discouragement and heart ache and disappointment and longing for your purpose in this life and struggling in treatments to just be able to live it is hard. It is just hard. To go through treatments and then deal with the fear and anxiety of recurrence is not easy. Those who are dealing with recurrence experience a depth of fear that you have possibly never experienced before. The word says there will be trouble in this life and I am sure we could all say that is certainly an understatement. When Paul was able to rejoice in his sufferings and he certainly had many I think that was just not because he was some kind of super Christian that only he could attain that level of obedience and sacrifice which translated into joy. I think that place is open to any of us who have the courage to die to self and live for Christ. To those who trust in God's big picture for their life.

For Kath and Charlotte and Lucy and Steve and Aurora and for Allison and for Debbie in Ireland dealing with ongoing chemo and for She Angel and Angie and Brutersmon and G and Cindy and Joanne experiencing challenges in their post treatment phase and those experiencing challenges with their cancer drugs and other health issues such as Debbie and myself and those getting ready for surgery such as Jean and those recovering from surgery such as Ellen and those who have to periodically go through scans and blood work and the anxiety that those bringing up other challenges like Lynn, and those who are moving on like Mags and Bev and Char and Polly and Evie who all have their own challenges with family's health issues and there own personal issues and Vickie and her family who have had great loss in both of their children and on and on and on. We have Kathy and Phyliss and Mini who have come back and blessed us after being on the board from years past and we know they have things in their lives that are not easy either. We have lost track of some like Anita, not really knowing what has happened to her and others like Shirley and 27 Heart who came onto our thread and then one had great victory and left and not sure about the other. God loves each of us and He does care that we are suffering and hurting and in pain both physically and emotionally.We have some like Gretagirl who may have become to weighed down in treatment to be able to keep up with us and maybe the same with Lisa and Karen. Same thing for Jeanne and Just Me123. We know that Sue and Becky and Kate W are all on the other side now and if they could only tell us how wonderful it is they would say not to lose heart. That the suffering on this side is well worth what is waiting for all of us.

So with these thoughts I leave you to ponder and I pray that hope will rise up in you knowing that God loves you and is right there when you are sick and hurting and fatigued. He says come on with Me and I will show you green pastures. It is not always going to be like this but for those of you that are in the thick of it now God wants you to hang on to him with all of your strength and don't let go. He will show you the way. Peace and joy in tribulation.........is it attainable? Let us know how because I think it is.

Good night dear sisters. Debbie, your song ties into just what I am trying to say. Powerful!

Love,

Nancy

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239
    edited February 2016

I sometimes feel like a fraud being on this board since I just swooped in and joined, you have all been kind and welcoming. It is always funny how God brings people into our lives and you don't know for how long or what we will learn from each other. As the semester picks up I would not be surprised if I post less but it is such a shot in the arm to be reminded of the ONE who holds all things together! Nancy I love when people share what blesses them, it just keeps on blessing others. Foots, love your poems. Keep em coming as you feel led, we appreciate them and everyone who is with us on our varied journeys! Thanks all of you for the encouragement as we pray for each other and all the cancer and non cancer challenges we face each day! Here are some bullet points from the sermon I heard Sunday that resonate with me so maybe they will encourage you:

1. With God, a WAITING season is never a WASTED season

2. God's DELAYS are not necessarily God's DENIALS

3. If God always met your EXPECTATIONS, He would never have the opportunity to EXCEED them.

Wish I could carry each of your burdens for you since some times the load seems too heavy. Know that as you are carrying the big hunk of issues that we are all lifting our hands in prayer to carry the other end at least figuratively. Hugs to you all my sisters in Christ. Here is one of my favorite verses. People can let us down, medications don't work as we would like, we can be hurt by others, but don't forget our waiting is only upon HIM and our expectation only comes from HIM

5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from Him.

6 He only is my rock and my salvation: He is my defence; I shall not be moved.

7 In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.

8 Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before Him: God is a refuge for us.

Psalm 62:5-8

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited February 2016

Nancy and enjoyeverymoment: AMEN! AMEN! That's all I can say! I haven't been to church in a while but reading your encouraging posts remind me of how important it is to hear the Word. Please pray for me and my daughter that this coming Sabbath we will be motivated to attend church. I have so much to be grateful for I need to show my gratefulness by at least attending church.

God Bless

Aurora

• longtimesurvivor
    edited February 2016

Kath - Don't know you in this online community but know you are fighting and depending on Jesus strength- I pray with you!

Allison

• longtimesurvivor
    edited February 2016

Joanne - Peace to you, from Him through Him and in Him!

Allison

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

Hey dear sisters,

Kath is having some surgery tomorrow to place this catheter and to have all the fluid drained from her abdomen. With this catheter she will be able to drain at home. Let's pray against fear and that she will go into this tomorrow around 10:30 ET with peace that things will go smoothly and that this will be a great help in alleviating some of her uncomfortable SE's that she has been dealing with for such a long time.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

Kath, this one is for you.

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited February 2016

Prayed for Kath that everything will be ok

Aurora

• footprintsangel
    edited February 2016

I walked with Him

Out in the field , I walked with God, As I hear

a humming of the bees and the rustling of the trees.

All My cares seemed to go dim, Because I walked

with Him.

The birds were singing, a beautiful day was beginning.

I went and knelt beside Jesus, Praying for a hand to help

me stand. I gave Him my fears, as He wiped away my tears.

I laid my burdens down, and I walked with Him.

• capinva
    capinva Member Posts: 53
    edited February 2016

Prayers for Kath this morning as she has this procedure done. Praying for peace that only God can give.

Joanne I understand that some days you cannot do one more thing. Rest today and praying that your energy levels will increase soon. I'm not patient either when it comes to wanting my energy and strength to return quickly. Since I am still going through chemo I know it will be a while before I can get to that point. Praying for you.

All the other ladies on this board, I am praying for you today and that God will hold you closely today.

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited February 2016

For Jo, Kath and all who are struggling, hurting and weak today....

James 1:12
    New International Version
    Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him

Isaiah 46:4
    New International Version
    Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

I am so thankful for finally getting our taxes started last night, for the rain that isn't snow, for the sleep I got and for His raising my spirits this morning. I love you my Jesus. Thank you for leaving us your blessed Holy Spirit. Love, Jean

• capinva
    capinva Member Posts: 53
    edited February 2016

Jean thank you I needed that scripture this morning. Glad you were able to start on your taxes and that you were able to sleep last night. Prayers for you too

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

Dear ladies,

I have a couple of prayer requests.

Kath's procedure was delayed because of two traumas at the hospital. Please keep her in her prayers. She is probably having the procedure now as I type.

My BIL is having problems. He finally got home last night after the failed surgery and his kidney function is low and his urine was actually red for a while as he is still having blood clots. He was in a lot of pain in the night but got some pain meds and is doing better. Please keep him in your prayers. My sister just said I can't imagine that he is going to have to go through this again.

My biopsy was inconclusive. I will share more about that later.

Thank you all for your prayers. I know it means a lot to Kath and a lot to my sister and me regarding my BIL.

Love,

Nancy

• NeverForsaken
    NeverForsaken Member Posts: 157
    edited February 2016

Today the Lord laid it upon my heart to pray more. When I read your prayer on here this afternoon, I was filled with such joy, and such disappointment in myself too...Joy at the fact that there are sweet sisters in Christ like yourself who are so very faithful to the Lord and to their sisters who each in one way or another are suffering and struggling, who need daily lifting up...Your prayers are so humbling to myself and also so appreciated and I find myself inspired by them!

The disappointment in myself is because I long to reach out and help encourage and uplift others more, and I have not done as much as I should...this makes everything I've gone through seem to be for nothing, and I know God does not allow us to suffer through things for no good reason. I found tremendous comfort from our Lord through the cancer battle, and I know it is with that same comfort I can comfort others who are going through it also. I hope to be more involved in whatever way The Lord directs me in this. I can often become discouraged because of things like chemo brain, which is making short term memory a challenge.

Please pray for this, as I know many here can relate!

Thanking you, Jesus for your people who carry your heart within them, full of love and mercy. I pray for each of the ladies mentioned in this prayer as well as those who are just looking in on this forum, hoping to find some encouragement...May it be granted them, Dearest Lord, according to your perfect will.

In Jesus precious name~Amen~

I have been MIA from here for so long...I am dealing with anxiety and depression...I am not suffering, just living with, and getting through with Jesus carrying me still (This is strangely harder to deal with than the cancer treatments)...but I am re-learning to trust The Lord each and every minute of every day! Prayer and Bible study is the only light that can penetrate this darkness, and I am joyful in spite of everything because God is always present and just as my user name declares...I am never forsaken!

Blessings & Love to you all~ Lisa

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

Ladies,

I wanted to give an update on Kath. She is home now but in a lot of pain. She wanted me to tell all of you that she felt your prayers like a comfy blanket. Let's continue to pray for her. She is resting and I am sure she needs to do lots of that.

I need to write more tomorrow. It has been a pretty crazy day for me and I have some important phone calls to make tonight and got home late.

Lisa, good to hear from you. Thanks for all the love a support that is evident on this thread!

Love,

Nancy

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239
    edited February 2016

Nancy, I cringe just picturing the pain part for your BIL. Like Jo I also pray for your dear sister as well.... being the "nurse" is also hard. Inconclusive biopsy my goodness if I could be as vague as a radiologist has to be some times in my job....

So grateful to God for letting Kath get that catheter in. Always reminded about how easy it is to take comfort for granted....

Jean, love James 1:12 and smiled at the gray haired verse too (some of us may have ahem... no clear evidence of the gray thing hahahaha) Only my hairdresser knows hahaha

Lisa, nice to see you , I think I came on the scene after you. Prayers regarding your depression. God uses people who keep it real, no one has it all together all the time or we wouldn't need God, right :)

So wondering how G is making out hope the wound is behaving.

Just drove home in the significant fog. Yikes glad to be home.

Joanne you dear lady, I am sure you are still having struggles with your tummy and I am praying for you.

Hoping the rest of you are doing well and know that you are prayed for today. :)

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited February 2016

Hello everyone. Thank you for continuing to lift me up. My wound is closed now but still red and angry. Going to get it re swabbed and see what's going on. I continue to pray and believe that this to shall pass. Dr is wanting to do Stage 2 in June. Waiting on the Lord to see if this will be enough time for my body to recoup.

My continued prayers are with you all. Nancy I am so grateful for your long post about everyone's prayer requests. Honestly it is a true testament to God's daughters fighting the good fight of faith through trails and tribulations. I am honored to stand along side you all.

Gods richest blessings to each of you.

Xoxoxo

G

• footprintsangel
    edited February 2016

With My...

With my heart make me kind,

That I keep the good in mind.

With my hands make them strong,

That I may help another along.

With my ears make me hear,

Only the good when people are near.

With my lips may I speak,

Of God's love which others seek.

With my eyes may I see,

all the joy You've given me. Amen By Me

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited February 2016

LOVE that poem Deb.

Thank you for sharing!!!!!

Xoxo

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited February 2016

Great poem foots. Thanks. Prayers sent up for all.

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited February 2016

Today I am thankful for my hubby's cheeriness this morning. I didn't sleep much last night so his lighthearted attitude was much appreciated. A long nap is on the agenda for later. So glad I am retired and able to do this. Love, Jean

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 947
    edited February 2016

Today I am at the hospital with my husband. He failed a stress test in the first few minutes. He needs a cardiac catherazation but it is on hold. They told him to take a med this morning that now they are saying will cause serious injury to his kidneys when mixed with the dye used during the test if they don't wait until tomorrow to do the cath. Sigh. I am not surprised this is happening but there is never a good time, is there?

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited February 2016

oh Brutersmom, we will be all over this with prayer!! Thanks to all who posted. I get something out of each and every one

Working from home today. Drained another 10 lbs. more there, but I should be able to drain myself Saturday when I have supplies.

Taylor coming home for weekend so that is great

Love and blessings,Kath