thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited February 2016

Nancy, sent prayers up to heaven for your BIL's new surgeries. May God's will be done one earth as it is in heaven and may your sister have the strength to go through this, in Jesus name. Amen (I will continue to pray on this).

Aurora

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited February 2016

Nancy, I prayed for your sister and BIL. Precision for the tube insert tomorrow. May Jesus guide the hands of those inserting it. Love, Jean

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited February 2016

Wrote down notes to pray for everyone. I usually do as I read, 

Thanks for all the bday thoughts and prayers!!!  I really enjoyed the weekend, ended up at ER yesterday from 1-6 as we never got supplies.  Pain was really bad and I did not receive supplies.  So, we could not check the site, etc. 

a true "who's on first" situation. ER finally found supplies.

Just a waste of a bed in the ER, and more$.  

Nervous about consult at Moffitt Center in Tampa. About 2.5 hour drive.  Appointment at 1.  

I have lots of questions. Patrick's major concern is trying to fight this with continued weight loss and weakness. In November I was 180 (I am 5 10), and very comfortable in a 14.  I am now 148 and just bones.  Today I wore two pairs of pants, two shirts.  He doesn't think I can keep fighting with the weakness and weight 

They do have a nutritionist there, and much more. 

Nancy, how did caregiver work out? The "thing" in the wall? 

Prayers, love, and encouragement to everyone

Jesus rules!,,,😊☝️kat

I

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited February 2016

Ladies,

Thank you all for prayers for my BIL. They are to be at the hospital at 7:30 tomorrow morning so I imagine the surgery will be sometime in the morning.

Kath, we will certainly be praying for this trip to Tampa. I will be praying for strength for you as this is a very long trip. Praying for wisdom for all the people that you will see. I pray that God will give the doctor wisdom and that you will have hope in this situation when you leave. Praying that somehow you will be able to put some weight back on. I am so sorry that you had to go through all of this pain and waiting at the ER. I sure hope your supplies come tomorrow. Hang in there dear sis.

Joanne, I am glad that your grand daughter now has some clear cut direction. I am glad that you could be there for her too. I pray that the Lord will provide all that she needs to maneuver through this journey with small children and a husband.

Have a good night's rest everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited February 2016

Prayed for Kath and Jo. Today I am very thankful that I was able to get back in the house last night after Bible study. We finally got some snow up here, just an inch or two but I have to be very careful walking from the car to the house. The snow is quite beautiful. Love, Jean

• auroaya
    edited February 2016

Prayed for each one as I read, but special prayer for Nancy's BIL may he come out from surgery healed. In the name of Jesus. Amen

Aurora

• longtimesurvivor
    longtimesurvivor Member Posts: 88
    edited February 2016

I just thought we might need a chuckle..image

• zjrosenthal
    edited February 2016

Survivor, I am definitely a WIP! (Woman In Progress). Love, Jean teehee

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited February 2016

Kath, praying for this trip to Tampa , you, your family and the medical team. Praying for wisdom for all the medical staff that you encounter and that God guides your MO. You are continually in my prayers and I also pray that your supplies arrived today Praying for weight and pain management. Specific prayers for the balance of family and your job.

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

Thank you all for prayers for my BIL. He made it through the tube placement surgery again and is home with pain meds now. The true test will be Monday when they will do the second surgery and praying that the kidney stone can be removed through this new tube this time.

Allison, I needed to smile today. Thanks.

Aurora, thank you for your prayers. The next surgery will be the crucial one to remove this kidney stone. Hope you are doing well.

Thanks for those banners Joanne. I really needed to see those today.

Jean, is your surgery a week from today? I am praying.

Angie, how are you doing?

Kath, we are all surrounding you with prayers.

Have a good night everyone. Sleep well.

Love,

Nancy

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239
    edited February 2016

Nancy praying for BIL!

Allison, needed a smile today too and that did make me do that!

Joanne, glad Lisa is getting thyroid out to be sure, it is hard to find cells in such a tiny gland sometimes so better safe than sorry.

My biopsy showed just a pre cancer from colonoscopy so grateful for that, just getting another one in three years.

Jean, thinking of you and praying for surgery.

Aurora, you are a blessing, as is everyone here to pray for each other.

Kath, your analogy of "who's on first".... does reflect the medical community at times. sigh. Glad the ER had supplies though and hope you are doing better.

Up at 130 and the dog is now whimpering. oops. Going to try to get back to sleep, good night all!

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

• zjrosenthal
    edited February 2016

Today I am thankful that we did not get too much snow overnight. Just a dusting. Hoping to get out for a little while today if the driveway is not too icy. My hip surgery is a week from today. I thank God that I am not too nervous. Love, Jean

• auroaya
    edited February 2016

Right now I'm sitting at my infusion chair waiting to have my port accessed for chemo feeling pretty relaxed. I would appreciate prayers for my only daughter she's studying for her law bar exam and is under a lot of stress. Yesterday she developed vomitinf and stomach problems and this morning she's pale and weak. Tomorrow she has Doctor appointment but I think is all stress related as the rest of the family is ok. Thank you in advance.

Aurora

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

Dear ladies,

Thank you for prayers for my BIL. He is home and on pain meds. When my sister wrote earlier I think he was sleeping. He is doing pretty well I think. She decided to stay off work all day again. She didn't want him to be on pain meds and her not there. She is doing okay. She said she slept late so that is good. She goes on such little sleep normally.

Aurora, I have prayed for your daughter. I know there is sickness going around here but I hope the rest of her family doesn't get anything. Praying your infusion goes well and that your daughter will be much better so she can do well when she has to take the bar exam.

Allison, how are you doing?

Cindy, I am sure glad they got that polyp out. My very first colonoscopy I had years ago they found the same thing. If I had stuck with my original gastro I could have had colon cancer so I know even though they are unpleasant they can save lives for sure.

Jean, I thought your surgery was on Feb. 17. I just was all mixed up yesterday. I went to bed at 3 am the previous night. I went swimming at the Y yesterday and instead of using my Y card I whipped out my credit card. I was not functioning well. I am glad you have peace about your surgery. That is an answer tor prayer right there.

Joanne, yes, those banners all go together. When life hits us square between the eyes which happens to all of us in some form or another it all boils down to trusting God and not our emotions. Hope you are feeling better.

Lynn, how are you doing? When do you have to do your scans?

Lucy, praying for you and Steve continually. I know the move and cleaning things out was still an ongoing project. Praying for strength and wisdom for both of you.

Kath, we are lifting you up.

It is sunny here, only a dusting of snow. We have gotten off so easy this year as far as snow. We are in a cold snap but haven't had too bad temps overall so I am thankful for that.

I pray that you all have a day that you can feel the Lord's presence with you.

Love

Nancy

• longtimesurvivor
    edited February 2016

Hello All-

Headed to Dana Farber tomorrow (3.5 hour drive) for scans blood work and MO appointment. Canceled last week due to snow storm in Boston. ( Not here in VT! ) Will stay overnight as I had to divvie up the Appts between days. Appreciate prayers for travel mercies, the results, etc. I would really love to be able to stay on Herceptin since I tolerate it so well. My son is taking care of the dogs and pup overnight. I'm nervous! Pray that id be calm and trust him to be attentive.

Nancy- thanking God for the tube to be finally in. Prayed for him. Still will. You are a tiger- no sleep, swimming, on top of everything else!

Aurora - praying your tmt went okay and you are feeling well. And for your daughters recovery and exam. Our daughter started in law and left realizing it wasn't for her. Very intense!

Lucy, Kath, Lynne, Jo, Jean and Cindy- ladyb, enjoyevermoment---lifting up to the Lord your needs as He knows them (even better than you do!). I realize we can't all know one another's intimate details and match them to namesand that our intercession is honored by the Lord without our full knowledge of one another's issues! Amen?

Allison

• capinva
    capinva Member Posts: 53
    edited February 2016

Hi ladies, I will be heading to Ash Wednesday shortly. It has been a busy week for me. I just have to give you a praise report. I started Avastin on Friday and today the ascites fluid went down from 6 liters last week to 3.1 liters this week. Praise God this drug is working.

Nancy praying for your BIL and sister and family. This is a difficult time for all and I pray God will bring healing to his body and the kidney stone will be removed.

Kath praying hard for you and that your appt went well and you have peace. Praying for wisdom for you and your doctors. I know about the weight issue, very hard to maintain weight when there is fluid to deal with.

Aurora praying you are feeling good and no side effects. Also praying for your daughter

Allison praying for safe trip tomorrow and the appointment will go well and God will give your doctor wisdom.

Praying for everyone else. God knows each of our needs and praying that you experience His peace and love tonight. I pray everyone can sleep tonight and rest in God's arms. Sorry if I didn't mention your name but I'm praying for all.

Heading to church.

Prayers and hugs

Charlotte

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239
    edited February 2016

Charlotte that is wonderful news and quite a huge difference between 6 liters and 3.1 :) Hope you are blessed lots at church.

Yes, Allison so glad you didn't have to travel in the blizzard last week, praying for traveling safety tomorrow.

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

Allison, praying for a good trip for you for tomorrow and that all will go well with your scans and apt. I am glad you don't have to drive back the same day. That is a long drive. I hope you can stay on Herceptin since you tolerate it so well. Praying that things will go well with your son dog sitting. Thanks for prayers for my BIL.

Charlotte, that is great news that Avastin is working so quickly. Is this a new drug in place of your other one or is it in addition to it? Thanks for your prayers for my BIL and family. I hope you had a good ash Wed. service. I can't believe this year is flying by so quickly. Hard to believe Easter will be here before you know it.

Debbie, i hope you are doing okay after your thyroid tests. So many people with thyroid issues. Glad Faith is doing well. Hope you get some good results.

Joanne, praying you will have some good days so you can actually get back to doing thing you enjoy like your jewelry making.

Cindy, I imagine you are hitting the books. I hope you are doing well juggling all of your things.

Aurora, I hope your daughter is feeling better and making good headway on her prep for the bar exam. Hope you are still doing well.

Kath, continued prayers for you.

Lucy, still lifting you and Steve up.

Jean, praying as you face your hip surgery next Wed.

Ellen, is Zoe running your ragged yet? LOL I know they are a lot of work but I also know how much joy they bring to us.

She, Angie praying that you are both managing work with the after effects of your treatments. I know you both have challenges in your new normal.

Sleep well sister warriors.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited February 2016

Good morning dear sisters. It is 6:30am. Just saw my neighbor driving off down the driveway. Today I am thankful for being retired. Up at 6:30 but I don't need to rush to dress and go out. Guess I'll get some coffee and spend some time with Jesus. Just prayed for all of us Jesus prayer. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited February 2016

Up at 6:30 and just saw my neighbors car go down the driveway. I am so thankful I am retired and able to stay home. I'm going down for coffee in a few minutes and spend some time with Jesus. Just prayed the Lord's prayer for us all. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

• capinva
    capinva Member Posts: 53
    edited February 2016

Evening dear sisters in Christ. It is a very cold evening in Virginia. Temperatures in upper teens and wind chill expecting to go below 0 tonight.

We had a beautiful Ash Wednesday service at church last night. Not a lot in attendance due to the cold and our congregation is mostly elderly people. Still it was a beautiful service.

Kath - I'm praying for you and hope today is better for you

Nancy - Praying that your BIL has a speedy recovery and ready for the next step of this journey,

Allison - praying that things went well today for you

Praying for everyone else on this board. God knows your name and your needs and I lift all of you up to Him. He can remember your name when I can't and He know your needs.

Hope everyone can get a good nights sleep.

Hugs to all

Charlotte

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

Praying all has a good night's rest. Praying for you precious ladies.

Love,

Nancy

• ladyb1234
    edited February 2016

Very beautiful week here in California. Thanking God for his Love, blessings, peace and comfort today and being my refuge and strength.

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭46:1‬ ‭"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."

Psalms 91:2. ""I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust."

Nancy, doing fine and just asking the lord for continued physical strenght and rest.

Praying for each request. Have a blessed night.

• ladyb1234
    edited February 2016

Abba Father,

I ask you to touch all of the women on this thread that are dealing with side effects and physical or emotional pain. Help them to feel your calming and healing hand upon them. Envelop each in your peace and enfold them in your comfort and strengh. In Your word you tell us that you are our rock, fortress and refuge. Turn me towards you to depend on your shield and lean on you as my salvation and strong hold (psalms 18:2). Lord you said you are near the broken-hearted and that you save the crushed spirit. Lord show your self strong to those who are broken hearted due to learning of this diagnosis, learning that a treatment has failed and must now start a new treatment or found out that test results were not the good news they were hoping for. Lord come in like a flood and encourage them and let them rest in your bosom as they heal physically and emotionally. Guide and give Your Spirit of Peace to the wonderful stage 4 men and women. You know every prayer spoken and unspoken, the why and reason behind every tear and fear. Encourage each of your children and lighten thier burdens according to your plan. Let them know you are always there as they stand on your promises, strength and love and put there trust in you. I pray this in Jesus Mighty Name. Amen

• zjrosenthal
    edited February 2016

Amen as well. I am so grateful today for His peace as I wait for the surgery next Wednesday. Joy, joy, joy, unspeakable and full of glory. Oh the half has never yet been told. Love, Jean

• auroaya
    edited February 2016

Late reading this but AMEN AMEN AMEN

• longtimesurvivor
    edited February 2016

Ladyb1234 - wow...that was Jesus speaking through you. I love it when the Holy Spirit just pours Himself out through another! Thanks toHim- and thank you for being willing!!!

Feeling encouraged- scans show no changes from last scans- good stuff. Will not need to return to Dana Farber for scans for 6 months.. And I get to stay on Herceptin! Real answers to prayer.

Also- travel was smooth, and my son did fine with the puppy!!! :)

Thanks for lifting your prayers ladies-

Allison

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

Thank you Angie. Your prayer was very timely and right on. God is our refuge and strength has long be one of my favorite go to verses in times of challenge. I continue to lift you up and pray the Lord gives you strength as you work your job and work in your ministry. Have a great weekend.

Allison, I have prayed for you several times in this last two day period knowing you had a long drive and had your apts split up. That is great news. PTL Glad to hear your son did great with Otis and the other dogs.

Let's remember to be lifting Jean up as she has her hip surgery on Wed. Feb. 17.

Debbie (foots) praying that you get good results from your thyroid tests. I miss seeing your beautiful posts.

Kath, continued prayers for you dear sis.

My BIL has made it through this last surgery and then the big one (again) will be on Monday to finally get this kidney stone out. More prayers would be appreciated for this journey to come to a happy ending.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Love,

Nancy