thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• longtimesurvivor
    longtimesurvivor Member Posts: 88
    edited February 2016

Joanne I adore the 2 banners you shared. Blessings through raindrops fits the bill at the moment too. And the photo of static-dog is hilarious! Thanks for sharing!

Ahh yes, chocolate bunny-land we are into! Good for you Nancy for holding back! (It's usually not great chocolate anyhow). It would have been nice if I could have maintained my 'topic not to discuss' policy when she is here - but - full disclosure here - it was my husband and my sister who were at it!!! (Sigh.) it's okay. I can laugh. I hope she can. I doubt it.

Kath- you are prayed for so much but I have not "met" you! Glad for your latest post. Sounds good.

All

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited February 2016

Hello ladies,

A praise...I just finished my last physical therapy from the hip replacement.....yea!

Praise to God for strength and healing....now my exercise will be chasing Zoe and preparing for a 5k Cancer Center walk in April.

Wishing you all a blessed day!

Ellen

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited February 2016

Jo-5, such a darling dog!! That picture made me smile!!!

Jean, prayers for you, your hubby and son!!!

To everyone facing bad weather, be safe!!!

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239
    edited February 2016

Ellen, how cool you will be doing a 5K! I finally found a neighbor to walk with me so it is good for accountability.

Jean we are all praying!

Only 32 more days till Spring! Looked at "In-accurate Weather" as my husband calls it and there is no more freezing temps during the day through until Spring! A little more snow but I am ok as long as lightly tapping my brakes doesn't set things a sliding!

Deb, love those poems!

Laura Story writes beautiful songs, Blessings is a great one!

Joanne I think I have had hair-dos like that dog some days!

Allison, at Thanksgiving my family has had a few nail biter moments when certain topics are covered.... ya gotta love family!

Kath I am praying for you with your work transition and asking God to give you comfort and less fluid all the time. Avastin you little booger, leave our Kathy alone and just take care of the cancer stuff!

Lucy and Steve you are loved and not forgotten. Asking God to give you strength and peace. No one knows what others go through and I don't doubt you are at times struggling with it all.

I had a crazy day between sharing my teaching with the least organized person in the universe which I know God did on purpose since He wants me to be more tolerant.... and just trying to get homework and class prep done since tomorrow is my 12 hour day. I am blessed to be able to do this stuff but yes I am thinking retirement is sounding quite appealing.

Sigh.

Hugs to all, even those I didn't mention, Kathy, you are so encouraging :) btw.

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited February 2016

Glad to be at the hotel. We are getting up at 4 rather than 2:30 to get to the hospital by 6am. Surgery is scheduled for 9am. We had no water this morning at home except for 3" on the basement floor from a burst pipe. We cleaned up the tile part but the rug area is still soaked. Our dear neighbor, a well driller turned off water to the burst pipe and restored water to the house. The leak had actually drained our well! We than had to leave while our driveway was still manageable. My dtr and/or son in law are to come by tomorrow to try to dry things out. Prayers for no mold development would be appreciated. God, your timing is amazing. I'm grateful for the "fret not" lesson. Thanks, Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited February 2016

I hope all of our sisters are safe and warm tonight.

Jean, I am glad you made it safely to your hotel but so sorry to hear all the stuff that happened at your house. I am glad you will have people to come and take care of it so you won't have to worry about it. I am praying for a very successful surgery with good pain control. I am so glad you don't have to get up at such a crazy hour. It is still early but much better now that you are closer. Let us know how you are doing when you can.

Ellen, PTL that your PT is over. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Walking a 5K in April. I must say I am IMPRESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!

Joanne, so glad you and Dan made it home safely. I kind of feel like your first pic of the cute little dog tonight!

Kathy, how is everything in sunny California. Can you blow some of that weather our way please?

Charlotte, I hope to listen your your song tonight. Hope you can safely get to school tomorrow.

Cindy, thank you for encouraging my heart with only 32 days left until spring. YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I can't wait. If this were not a public forum I would say more regarding your work situation. Suffice it to say God puts people in our path sometimes so we can totally depend on Him. I have stories, but like I say, it is a public forum and I dare not. Praying for your 12 hour marathon tomorrow.

Kath, praying for your meeting with MO and DH tomorrow.

I just got word from my sister that my BIL is actually home already. The poor guy must be completely out of it. Thank you again for your prayers.

I would appreciate prayers for wisdom for me and my thyroid situation. I am stopping a new med I am on because of bad SE's. That puts me pretty much back to square one. I will probably go ahead and get the second opinion from this surgeon but I am not rushing into anything yet.

Love,

Nancy

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited February 2016

Jean, keeping you in prayer for a good night rest and for your surgery tomorrow.

Lucy, continued prayers for you and Steve. Praying your new treatment plan and Steve's treatment and that there are minimal side effects and pain is manageable. Lifting you up for emotional strength. That God will replace every thought with a peace that surpasses our understanding and that you and Steve can have the physical and mental rest that you need.

Kath, continuing to lift you up in prayer for your job transitioning and pain management.

Longtimsurvivor, praying for pain management.

Aurora, how are you doing?

Nancy, so glad your BIL is home and recovering.

Ellen, awesome Milestone!

Those I have not mentioned by name continuing to lift you up in prayer.

Love Across the miles,

Angie

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited February 2016

A Lasting peace

There's an empty place in every heart

Until we find the Lord,

For He alone will fill it,

Then joy is our reward.

If you're searching for lasting peace,

Then just invite Him in;

He'll fill that place within your heart

And cleanse you free from sin.

Oh what joy to know Him,

To let Him be your guide.

You'll never be alone again,

For He'll walk by your side.

He said He'd never leave us

If we make Him our Lord;

He'll guide us through eternity,

Make Heaven our reward. By Helen Gleason

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited February 2016

Hello everyone I keep reading and praying as I read. I had a bone scan Monday to see if the treatment is working so please pray for that. I'm at the cancer center right now and got my blood taken to see if my counts are down but they're actually up so no shot

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

Amen Debbie, He will never leave us and He does fill that void in our heart, that place that the world seeks to fill and has not realized their need for Jesus. That is where we come in as the light of the world in the darkness.

Let's lift up Jean. I am praying that her surgery went extremely well and that she is in recovery now with good pain control. Let's continue to pray for her in these days to come as she is in rehab.

Aurora, we will be praying that your scans will be proof positive that your treatments are working. I hope you meant that your blood counts are up as a good thing so that is a praise for sure.

Angie, praying that you have a good week and that you are adjusting to your new normal.

Kath, praying that you feel good about your visit with your MO.

Joanne, I pray that you and Dan have got a good night's rest after your long trip to the airport yesterday.

Lifting all up today. God bless you dear sisters. I posted a banner last night and it is not there today. Ummm

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2016

Nancy, I should would love to send our weather to to you!! We are seeing some friends today who flew in from Pittsburgh for a teaching conference!! They left some bad weather behind!!!

Jean, prayers for your surgery !! So glad you have family to watch over your home!!!

Sorry, auroaya, that you cannot have treatment today, praying for great scan results!

• zjrosenthal
    edited February 2016

I'm back in my room now after a few hours and.. I had my first PT session and was able to take three steps with a walker and get in and out of bed. I have slight nausea and dizziness. No leg swelling. Woohoo. They took me off dilaudid (?) and have put me on percocet to see if that will help deal with the nausea. The pain is very minimal. I'm so grateful. My son in law went over to our house today and cleaned up all the water. He is such a treasure. Another thing to be grateful for. He has truly blessed us exceedingly abundantly above all we could ask or imagine. So grateful for your prayers. Keep em coming. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

Jean, I can't believe you are writing the same day as surgery. That is amazing. It is amazing how fast they start PT. We will keep you lifted in prayer and that you have good pain control and that your nausea and dizziness will stop. So glad to hear of no swelling in your leg. I am so glad your SIL has been so helpful with the water situation at your home. Many answers to prayer. Minimal pain is awesome. Praying you can rest well tonight.

Love

Nancy

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited February 2016

Yea, Jean!

So glad things went well...the nausea will probably go away tomorrow. Sounds like you are already headed towards recovery! God bless you and give you a good night's rest.

Ellen

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2016

Jean, wow, you are doing great!!! God is Good!

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited February 2016

Journey Through Life

Life is a journey-

All people partake-

One step at a time

With decisions to make.

We will have choices

For right or wrong

In the journey through life

As we travel along

Sometimes there is joy,

Sometimes there's strife;

It's part of the journey

We take through this life.

Our God has a plan;

It's truly His way.

God's Spirit will guide us

Each step--every day. By Edna Massimilla

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited February 2016

Quick check in. MO wants to continue avastin, and will order ct scans. 

I think my symptoms are from avastin, not the cancer.  Will know after scans. 

I need my replacement to work daily, for support.  Reaching out to Him as much as I need to start focusing on ME.

Lift all of you up....thanks to many who have reached out in support and knowledge. 

God is thinking about our needs and desires to help us with His grace

❤️❤️❤️you all!!!

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

Kathy, we are to be in the 60's tomorrow so thank you for sending some of your warm temps this way!

Jean, continued prayers for pain control and for productive PT sessions.

Debbie, decisions and choices to make. Yes we all have them and those of us who believe in Jesus knows He has a plan for us in the midst of it all. He gives us strength for that journey no matter how rocky it may become.

Kath, I pray that your new work arrangement will help to bring healing to your body, mind and spirit.

Have a wonderful day lady warriors. I will be praying for you.

Love,

Nancy

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited February 2016

Jean that is great news.

Everyone, prayers sent up as I read your posts. Continuing in God's grace.

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239
    edited February 2016

Jean you are amazing and God we thank you for every victory! Praying for all who are undergoing scans and various trials no matter how great or small. Hang in there and know He is with you each step of the way.

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited February 2016

Way to go Jean!!!! Prayers continued 

Kath

• longtimesurvivor
    longtimesurvivor Member Posts: 88
    edited February 2016

Jean- Hallelujah!! Now, don't overdo it!!!!!

Rest well, Sister

Allison

• zjrosenthal
    edited February 2016

I am so thankful this evening. I found out that I am going to be released to the rehab center tomorrow. My catheters are out the only thing I have is the IV in my hand which they're going to leave until I'm ready to go. Transportation is also being arranged. I had some nausea and pain last night but nothing that was intolerable, my own fault because I missed a pain pill. I had awesome care here everyone on the medical staff was wonderful. I was able to walk to the bathroom twice today and sit up in the chair for dinner which was really good. God has really heard all of your prayers ladies, thank you so much. Truly his kingdom has come and his Will has been done in this whole situation. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

Jean, you are doing so extremely well. So glad to hear that. You are one strong woman for sure. Continued prayers for you.

Love,

Nancy

• capinva
    capinva Member Posts: 53
    edited February 2016

Jean Praise God, He has heard our prayers. Take care of yourself and don't overdo. Will be praying as you recover.

Prayers for everyone else on this board. May God give you the rest and comfort you need tonight.

Charlotte

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited February 2016

Checking in to this thread.....more house guests!

So happy to hear that you are doing well, Jean. I had remembered your surgery date and have been praying for you!

Nancy, yes, will add your request for guidance in your thyroid issue. Side effects can definitely have an effect on quality of life.

Kath, I continue to pray for you and all you are going through. I am happy to hear that you are going to focus on you. One thing I learned after being forced to retire earlier than when I had planned, is that your job will get done by someone else. We think we do it best, but, in reality, others can take over just fine, AND the most importsnt job you can have is to take care of yourself! God will use your talents in another way.

Auroya, I hope what you said is that your counts were up and that was a good thing. I enjoyed meeting you at the Orlando luncheon. Will keep you in my prayers.

Praying for Lucy and Steve and all of you even if I did not mention you by name. God knows who we are.

I am still waiting for scan results from last Friday. I have called twice and was told by a nurse that my doctor had not reviewed and signed off. What to do but wait, and, try not to worry.

Sleep well and stay warm.

Lynn

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited February 2016

Hello everyone, and just checked in to let you all know that I pray as I read and don't post often because PTL I have little to report other than being grateful for no se's from chemo and no pain after surgery, what I meant in my previous post about my blood counts I meant my red blood cells which had been kind of low raised on their own and my oncologist had been ordering Procrit shots to elevate them but Medicare wont pay for the shot so it was a good thing I didn't need the shot. The business office at the clinic is looking for financial help from the manufacturer so I can get them in case I need them in the future.

I enjoyed meeting you too mysunshine and please forgive me if I forget your real name I am really bad at that.

"Lord, I pray for all the members of this board, you know each one individually, you know their names and their place of living and the circumstances they are going through, I pray that You be by their side, that your Holy Spirit lifts them and fills them with your love and peace. I pray for healing and pain free nights and days. Oh Lord is not easy dealing with our infirmities but we trust that you will help us go through life depending on you. In Jesus name. Amen".

Aurora

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited February 2016

We serve an AWESOME God who answers all our prayers, spoken or not. Praise the Lord for His grace and mercy upon this undeserving soul.