thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited February 2016

Prayers please. My leg has swollen a lot. Love, Jean

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited February 2016

Jean, my foot on my right leg where the hip replacement was done is also very swollen, I think it's lymphedema but I don't know for sure. Have it checked out.

Aurora

• Vicks1960
    Vicks1960 Member Posts: 393
    edited February 2016

Good evening ladies,

It has been quite a while since I posted here. I do frequently read the posts though. We are currently in Southern California (snow birds). Gradually getting used to our daughter not being with us, but up in heaven with her brother. GOD IS SO GOOD TO US!!! I have met many other mom's who are making a similar adjustment and God has given me things to say to help them....I think of you gals often and continue to send prayers up for everyone. As we approach the season where we celebrate the death/resurrection of our Lord & Savior who makes it possible for us to look forward to Eternal Life with Him. may God bring comfort and peace to all!!!

Vickie

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited February 2016

Jean, I agree with Aurora that you should have this checked out. I had some trouble with that this past summer and had several sessions of LE therapy. My MO was glad I was being proactive. My LE therapist was not ready to say it was LE for sure even though I definitely had edema of the breast which improved when I saw her. She gave me exercises which helped as well. Hopefully you can have this looked into right away.

Kathy, glad to hear you are doing well.

Vickie, so glad to hear from you. I have thought of you often and wondered how you and your family are doing. Time does help but it is hard to ever get to the point where it feels normal. I guess it is a new normal that we embrace. I am glad to hear that good is coming from your loss by helping other families who have gone through loss as well.

I hope you can check in periodically to let us know how you are doing? Sounds like you are back in your RV. I was half joking with my family over the holidays and I said I just can't travel because my cat would really miss me. Then I said what if I rented an RV and went out West which I have longed to photograph the red rocks and take my cat with me. My niece thinks this would be a hoot. Not sure my cat would! We'll see how adventurous I can be. Take care and it is sure good to hear from you.

Off to bed. Good night dear ones.

Love

Nancy

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239
    edited February 2016

Kath praying so hard about your negotiations today. Keep that chin up and know that God has our backs even when things just seem so stressful. Don't blame you I would also be stressed.

Jean, you are amazing and I can only imagine how many adjustments on many levels you are going through as you recover from your surgery. My husband said that he thinks if you have had breast cancer you should get a pass for all other problems. He will have to take that up with the Lord since I don't think it works that way .....Happy

Char glad you are checking in, everyone here is so nice and the best part is sometimes knowing others are praying as they read is so encouraging.

Hoping Lucy is doing well and her husband. Praying for them, a lot going on!

Allison, give Otis a hug from us! You will be a valuable source of help for that board.

Vickie, don't know if I "met you" on here but sorry about the loss of your daughter. Love the snowbird concept. One day....

Nancy are you feeling better, pain wise?

Joanne, did changing the probiotic to every other day work for you?

Aurora, I didn't know you had hip surgery too.

Kathy how are you?

Hi again, Angie, you doing ok? Love your hair in your profile picture :)

Lynn praying for scan results to be good news and for your heart as you see the docs.

Foots when I am feeling down I scroll back and read your poems and it makes me happy :)

Hi everyone else, stay strong my dear sisters! (and any men who stop by)

Today meeting a friend to walk at 6, the neighbor I had who lost her son to brain cancer at age 28, she has a wide variety of beliefs and I respect her but sure do pray for her. Then meeting a friend who's daughter has aggressive form of BC dx at 28 also- she is a strong woman but is really struggling though has a strong faith. Then there is another lady I am stopping to see who has metastatic lung cancer- Weird that three people in one day are dealing with this. Pray I can encourage- I suspect listening is what they need and prayer and something to smile about Then home to work on paper that is due! So blessed to have off today.

I hope I did not offend with my sharing that sermon, thought about it later, I wasn't judging anyone who complains. You all have many reasons you can! I just find if I am not careful I don't look at anything happy any more and that is a funnel of despair. I don't have recurrence at this point and compared to so many have it so good but we all have things that prey on us and that evil one loves to discourage those he thinks he can. We know the end of the story, and God wins....

Have a wonderful day everyone!

• zjrosenthal
    edited February 2016

Today I am very grateful that the swelling in my surgical leg seems to have gone down over night as I iced it and kept it elevated. I did check with the doctors and nurses and everyone said this is normal after hip replacement surgery to have some swelling. The weather is better today so hubby is planning to come up and see me. Friends will drive him for an evening visit. Well off to get ready for my PT. Have a blessed day. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

Dear ladies,

In my devotional today these scriptures were for today in Jesus Calling. I thought they were especially good and wanted to share them with you.

Jean, I am glad to hear that the swelling is normal. Sigh of relief, I'm sure! Continued prayers for you in your PT and recovery.

Cindy, thanks your for your long and detailed post on so many. I had to stop some new meds that were to help my pain and they did but caused all sorts of other issues and I had to stop. It was to help regulate my thyroid levels too. Oh well. I am really pushing myself to swim faster and I really do think that has helped my pain levels. I have fibro so am pretty much always dealing with fatigue and pain but my knee pain and throat pain (from thyroid nodule) are the issues in the fore front now. I am managing. I hope the Lord can use you today as you have been given three opportunities to encourage others today. I doubt if you offended anyone in sharing your sermon notes. Believe me, we have all complained at times on here. That is human and we need to vent sometimes. Balancing that with an attitude of gratitude is my personal goal.

Joanne, praying for your pain and that taking the probiotic every other day will still be of great value to you.

Kath, I didn't know what time your board meeting was so have prayed for you so much of today. I know the Lord will take care of you. He has not brought you this far to abandon you now.

Let's pray for Debbie (foots) as she is having a thyroid biopsy tomorrow. I pray that she can get through the procedure with no problem and that it will be benign.

Prayers for all of you today. I have to run to the grocery store as the big snow storm keeps changing how much we are going to get.

Love,

Nancy

1 Corinthians 13:12King James Version (KJV)

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Ephesians 3:16-19New International Version (NIV)

16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited February 2016

Hi, enjoyeverymoment! You are exactly what your friends need, a listening ear!! How kind of you to be with them!!

We are headed to Idaho tomorrow to visit our grandchildren! So excited!! God is Good!!

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited February 2016

Yey! The result of my bone scan show improvement compared to the last scan! Doctor is going to consider stopping the chemo and putting me in anti hormonals. I skipped the other posts I'm just too excited and wanted to share the news I'll come back and read them shortly

Aurora

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

Aurora, that is SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Kathy, have a safe trip. I know you will really enjoy seeing your grandkids.

• zjrosenthal
    edited February 2016

Yay, Aurora. ..happy for you. Love, Jean

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 947
    edited February 2016

Auroa that is such good news.

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 947
    edited February 2016

I am sitting here on this crazy February evening. Yesterday I came home from showing houses cold and tired. Just could not get warm. Tonight on the way home temps went from a cold wet 42 degrees to 63 on my drive home. My car fogged up on the outside for a short while. I am now sitting with my lap top on the sofa. One dog in the little crate because she was freaking out from the thunder and lightening and the other little dog sitting (more like glued) next to me shaking. It has been storming for at least 1/2 hour if not longer. The storm is not that bad here (I am sure it may be worse elsewhere), I have seen worse. But this is so odd for February. I guess I should be thanking God it is not snow. LOL

• zjrosenthal
    edited February 2016

I am feeling so thankful for the amazing people I have met on this Breast Cancer/ Hip Replacement journey. For example the other night I just got completely overwhelmed and started to cry. The aide who was helping me get back into bed leaned over and gave me a hug! Over and over, wonderful, beautiful people have ministered to me in so many ways. These are folks I never would have met otherwise. God surely works all things together for good for me. Wow! Love, Jean

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2016

Aurora, such awesome news!!

Thank you, Nancy!!

God Bless You all!!!

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited February 2016

Aurora, Yea! So happy for you! Safe travels to you, Kathy. Glad to hear you continue to get better and the swelling is down. Kath, I hope your meeting went well. Thinking about and praying for all of you as I read.

I am happy to report that both of my scans showed nothing. I am so relieved, but do not understand why this CEA tumor marker keeps going up. My oncologist does not understand it either. She just said we will continue to do them. There is another test but it is expensive and difficult to get insurance to pay for it, but she would try if numbers continue to go up. I trust our Lord and am trying to live as normal as I can. As this verse says,

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped.

Thank you for your prayers. Hoping all have a good night's rest.

Lynn

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited February 2016

Walking with God is the most exciting and

rewarding of all experiences on earth. I should

add, it is also the most difficult. I don't think I've

ever met a exception to the rule, that those that

walk the closest to God as those who, like Jesus

become acquainted with trials and testings. God

takes us through struggles and difficulties so that we

might become increasingly more committed to Him.

He's my Joy,

He's my light.

He's my strength,

and my sight.

He's my friend

when I'm low,

He's my Savior, I love Him So. By Debbie

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited February 2016

Aurora Praising God this evening. Honestly that just made my night. I'm so so happy for you. :). Thank you Jesus!!!!!

Nancy it is always refreshing to hear what you have to share with us. Listening to others is such a gift. So thankful for your guidance for all of us.

My hubby got this devotional the other day & I'll post it next. It's beautiful.

Love you ladies. Keep on fighting.

G

• SA8PG
    edited February 2016

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

Debbie (foots) is having a biopsy tomorrow for a tumor on her thyroid. Let's pray that this procedure will go well and that the Lord will give the doctor's wisdom in how to proceed. This is not a nodule even though she has those too but a tumor. Let's pray that it is benign and that the Lord will give her strength to endure another challenge.

Jean, praying that the Lord will surround you with people who will encourage your heart. You have been through a lot and I can imagine that it can be overwhelming but you have faced tough things in the past and you will get through this too. Hang in there dear sis.

Brutersmom, yes it has been strange weather this season. We had spring for a couple of days last week and now we are back to winter. We lucked out big time with this big snow storm. My driveway is completely melted already. PTL Your poor little dogs probably don't know what is going on. Spring will be here soon!

Lynn, that is sure a mystery with these tumor markers. I am SO glad to hear that your scans were clear. I hope you can go forward and not worry but I can understand how that would be a concern. I would try to enjoy your new house and go ahead and live your life and try not to dwell on it. I know that is easy for me to say but you have done everything they have asked you to do and nothing has shown up. I pray that the Lord will give you the strength to put this out of your mind for now.

Joanne, I know you haven't felt good today. Praying you have a good night's rest and wake up feeling much better with no nausea and manageable pain.

G, so good to hear from you. How are things going? Please tell me that infection is LONG gone. How are you feeling in general? Let us know so we can pray for you.

Kath, praying hard for you dear sis. Praying for your treatment tomorrow and that the Lord will give you strength for each day and each challenge you face this week.

Have a good night's rest dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited February 2016

Jo-5, love the banner! 😍😍

Aurora, Yay! Praising God for the good report

My sunshine, PTL on the good results. Will specifically pray for your medical team and point precision on identifying what is causing the raise of the tumor markers

Enjoyevery moment I loved the sermon! I always say if the Word offends me then I needed. Thanks for the compliment on my hair. I have made the decision to stay with a short cut.

Nancy, thank you for the continued prayers! You are always in my prayers.

Lucy, praying for you and Steve.

Debbie, in Ireland how are you? Hope you are doing well and that treatment continues to keep you stable with no progression.

Debbie(foots), praying for your biopsy and overall health

Kath, prayed for you and hope your meeting with the board went better than you expected. I hope you were aggressive with your request for the severance package and specifically Health insurance. Please take the needed time to digest your company's severance offer and be in the position to negotiate as needed. Do you have an executive coach assisting you that has a wealth of experience with CEO departures? Always praying for you and praying God continue to guide you through this process and strength you during this time of change and transition.

Those I haven't mention, praying for you. All have a restful night. I ask that you have that daily quiet time (Dqt) with our Heavenly Father and that he guides and comforts you as you go humble before the throne of grace.

Love across the miles,

Angie

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

Thanks for that post G. I just now saw it. That is a good word and definitely makes us think. Life is hard and it is messy. Comforting the hurting takes time and energy and sacrifice. It is not fun and there are a million other things we could be doing but it is the right thing as Christians. God has called us to be a living sacrifice and that is one of the scriptures that we don't like to dwell on. Thank you for that reminder.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

Angie, I keep posting and missing others. Thank you for your prayers. I do so much appreciate them. Thank you for mentioning Debbie from Ireland. I have had her on my mind a lot lately and I hope that doesn't mean anything of concern. I know she was doing really well the last time she posted. i pray she still is.

Thanks for that word to Kath. I hope she sees this. I have not heard from her since the board meeting but have been praying hard for her all day and evening. She has been a living sacrifice in her workplace and has put helping those with mental illnesses ahead of herself. I am praying hard that she is being rewarded in a very tangible way for those sacrifices.

How is your neighborhood organic garden coming along? I just think that is so neat! How is your ministry doing? i continue to pray that strong Christians will join your ministry and your congregation. God bless you dear one.

Love

Nancy

• SA8PG
    edited February 2016

Thank you Nancy. Yes, praise God infection is gone. I've been fighting a cough/cold for 4 weeks. It's gone through all of us so as the care giver I keep getting it. Trusting its on its way out the door in Jesus name! I started teaching the bc classes last week. Session 2 is tonight. Turning the floor over to God. These are His daughters, He is ministering to them, I'm just a tool.

I love reading everyone's posts and updates. So thankful for the fervent, effective prayers of the righteous. God is faithful. Lifting up your needs & praises to the King of Kings. God bless you all.

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

Dear sisters in faith,

God has a plan for each one of us. It is a plan for good and not for evil. No matter what our circumstances He loves us and is merciful towards us whether we deserve it or not. That is called grace. I pray that the Lord will envelope each one of you today in his embrace of shelter, protection and love. Trust in Him and not what your circumstances and the enemy are trying to tell you.

Have a beautiful day.

Debbie, we're praying everything is going to turn out just fine.

Love,

Nancy

• Loretta_J
    Loretta_J Member Posts: 26
    edited February 2016

Is this an active forum? I am interested in joining. I am 69 and a Christian very active in disaster relief. 

• Kindergarten
    edited February 2016

Debbie, I loved your last prayer and post!! Praying for good results on your biopsy!!

Lynn, so happy your scans were clear!! My tumor markers are always out of range, and I have had all the scans, too!! My onc said until the numbers get into the hundreds, she will not worry!! This has been going on for five years!! I go again in April!! Prayers for peace and calm😃😃

Jo-5, such a lovely prayer!!!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited February 2016

Welcome LorettaJ, yes it is a very active forum with many extraordinary people walking along with our awesome Lord. Please feel free to come, ask for prayer or just post at your whim.

Everyone, as I read through the prayers went up and we all know that our Father answers prayer.

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

Welcome Loretta. This is a great bunch of ladies of faith who pray for one another and just generally provide support for all of the journeys that we all go through. There are ladies posting on here every day. We have many under the age of 60 and quite a few ladies who are still working so sometimes the day time might be slower than later on in the day. I hope you feel free to jump in and post anytime. If you have any prayer needs we have great prayer warriors here. Glad you found us.

Love

Nancy