thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 947
    edited March 2016

Ellen, I can only imagine what you must be feeling right now. I drive a lot for work and everytime I got in the car I heard the song by Casting Crowns "Just be Held" Here is a link to the music with words Just be Held. It is my prayer that you will find a sense of peace and trust that God will carry you through tonight and tomorrow.

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited March 2016

Praying that you have scar tissue showing up, and nothing else! I sooooo understand how you feel. I also have a lump which I showed my Breast surgeon a month a go and he thought it was a suture granuloma. He did an ultrasound and took measurements. I am to see him in two months. If there is any change, I will have a biopsy. So, I truly understand how stressful not knowing what is going on can be. Stay positive and trust that God will take care of you.

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited March 2016

He Grants What Is The Best

We build our future plans and hopes

Upon the transient life,

And the bubbles burst;

Our day is filled with strife.

Could we not learn to trust in Him,

Seek what He knows is best.

Commit our ways unto His care,

Trust Him for daily rest.

What blessing will await us!

He grants what is the best. By Charles Pamsey

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited March 2016

In My Heart

I feel Your love surround me

As I sit and think of You.

In these moments of solitude,

I feel Your blessing true.

What have I done to deserve

All the love You bring?

I bow in holy reverence

To You, my Savior and King.

Please stay with me always---

I need You everyday

To show me the one true path

As You guide me on my way. By Dona Maroney

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited March 2016

Yesterday's theme of when it rains it pours, is over, the leak from my upstairs bathroom into the middle bathroom while I was sitting on the toilet yesterday is at least temporarily fixed. I can now use the toilet without an umbrella hehe. Today I am so grateful that the headache I had over night is gone. I'm sitting in my recliner waiting for my husband to come down and help me put on a compression sock and get dressed. The sun has been shining this morning and it is so beautiful here. I actually saw a red-breasted Robin yesterday. Spring is coming soon. Hallelujah and thank you Lord. I've been praying for all of the needs expressed here too many to mention. Just know that I am lifting you up in prayer. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited March 2016

Jo, you made me laugh! Umbrellas a required item for the toilette. What a novel concept but the mental picture is hysterical. So good for the soul and body. Bless you. Love, Jean

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited March 2016

Good afternoon, sisters;

I am excited to report that my repeat mammogram revealed a fluid filled cyst, which is no big problem. It was hard to see on the pics last week because it is under my lumpectomy scar from 2 years ago. The ultrasound confirmed it, so there's nothing else to do for now., I am sore and mentally tired from fighting those negative thoughts that satan was throwing at me.

Thank you for your prayers, messages, poems, songs and PMs. They gave me a sense of a warm blanket being wrapped around me...feeling the love and care. Only someone who has been thru this understands the feeling when you get that call to come back.

God bless you all...praising Him for His mercy and goodness!

Love, Ellen

• brutersmom
    edited March 2016

Ellen, What great news.

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239
    edited March 2016

Jean welcome HOME! What a blessing to have things set up- so thoughtful! Hoping you feel better each day!

Ellen praying for your follow ups.

Foots, my dog is not a service dog officially but emotionally sure is. Thinking of you and praying for your heart!

Joanne I don't think the rainbow bridge thing would offend anyone, I think heaven is going to be so great so we will know when we get there I guess and in the meantime I think it is a sweet poem. PS just started a probiotic. Taking one every other day to see how I get used to it and then might try daily. GI doc recommended it.

Nancy glad things going better with BIL. Love your pictures.

Kath you are amazing so proud of you in your walk.

Charlotte what are you up to?

Kathy hugs sent your way.

Aurora, are raising mischief today, in Christian love of course I hope you are having some fun!

Just wanted to share some revolutionary news... I actually said NO to something today. Boy did it feel great. This cancer stuff has a few good things to it. I just don't feel compelled to jump through the hoops of man. I will do what God leads me to do.... :)

Hi everyone else, oh my gosh Capnva, how are you? Thinking of you but yes, I forgot some names don't hate me :) Oh, and WELCOME Loretta!

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited March 2016

Ellen, I thought your news was cause for a BIG CELEBRATION. So happy and relieved for you.

More latter to everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited March 2016

Ellen, So thankful for the good report! I am sure you will sleep well tonight.

God bless everyone!

Lynn

• zjrosenthal
    edited March 2016

Ellen, yay, hey and a big Hallelulia. I was just doung a last check of my phone and saw the wonderful news.Been thinking of you all day. Oh praise and glory to the majestic name of JESUS! Love, Jean

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited March 2016

Such Happy news!!! Ellen😃😃😃😃🎉🎉

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2016

• zjrosenthal
    edited March 2016
    • Today I am so full of gratitude for what the Lord has done in both my husband and I. He has humbled us, he has brought us to our knees before Him. He has stripped us of arrogance and pride. All praise to His holy precious, blessed name forever. Amen. (Inspired by your banner, Nancy!) Love, Jean
  • longtimesurvivor
    longtimesurvivor Member Posts: 88
    edited March 2016

Jean- that is such a profound post, and I am humbled by both your honesty, and my own conviction!!!

Thanks be to God- we have a savior who died for our own stupidity/ignorance/weakness .. Etc etc!

Blessings!

Allison

• longtimesurvivor
    edited March 2016

Ellen-

Whew. Thank you Lord!!!

• bikefam
    bikefam Member Posts: 98
    edited March 2016

Good morning. I tried to post to this thread yesterday, but it seems to have disappeared. I have been reading the posts here for awhile but this is the first time I've posted here. Yesterday, March 2, was one year from my first lumpectomy, which the surgeon was positive was a fatty tumor, but ended up being BC. Five more surgeries including a mastectomy and implants and here I am. Blessed to be healthy and almost back to normal. It was a wild year. Who would have known. But we are all given trials and come out of it stronger. I only wonder how people without faith in the Lord manage to deal with everything life gives us.

• zjrosenthal
    edited March 2016

I hear you bikefam. Welcome.

Today I am very grateful for the sunshine for the lovely young home health aide who came in this morning at 8 a.m. to help me shower and dress. Hubby just got up and I'm having breakfast and I'm grateful for being able to prepare it for myself. The nurse is coming later to draw blood for my bi weekly cumacin level check. And so we begin another day with our precious Jesus. Amen. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited March 2016

Please lift up my husband in prayer. He came down in a very nasty mood and started yelling at me because I want to keep my cleaning lady for a few more weeks till I recover from the hip replacement. Grateful for your prayers. Love , Jean

• bikefam
    edited March 2016

Will keep you in prayers, zjrosenthal.

• bikefam
    edited March 2016

JO, Bicycles. My husband and I have cycled all over the US. Hope I can do it for many more years. The kids went with us, when they were young and they are both avid riders as adults. Bikefam is our email address, so I also use it for forums and such.

I had two lumpectomies and when they didn't get clear edges, a mastectomy. Waited till fall for reconstruction (so I could spend the summer biking). TE placement, then replacement when the first poked through my skin, then exchange for implants. As I said, I never expected to be where I am but am just so thankful to be feeling so good now.

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2016

Dear ladies of faith,

Welcome bikefam. I am glad you found us and that you are doing well even though it sounds like you had some detours along the way. I think we can all identify with that.

Loretta, wondering how your second opinion went and if you have indeed started chem this week. I have been praying for clarity in how to proceed and that you will be able to manage the side effects of the chemo.

Jean, I am praying for both you and DH. Praying that the Lord gives you wisdom and patience in all of your challenges. Glad you have some help at home and glad that you can be at home now.

Kath, continued prayers for strength, wisdom, less pain and side effects. Praying for your negotiations and praying you are eating more and sleeping and resting more. Hang in there. You know we are praying

Debbie, praying for your loss and praying that you can find another service dog soon. Praying dear sis.

Ellen, as you are breathing a big sigh of relief I pray for blessings on your church as you and DH minister.

Lucy and Steve, continued prayers for you.

Angie, praying for you as you travel the new normal journey.

Aurora, how are you doing? Have you stopped your treatments at this point. That has to be such a time of thankfulness for you.

She, praying against discouragement and pain and praying you can find a new church.

Cindy, praying that the Lord gives you strength as you try to juggle all of your things. Congrats on finding the courage to say NO to someone.

Allison, praying for you as you have the burden of your BIL being in hospice. Praying for your DH as well.

Lynn, how are you enjoying your new home? I would like some of your nice weather. We are back in the throws of winter and snow but it is to be in the 60's in a few days. Typical crazy Chicago weather.

Phyliss, how are you doing?

Brutersmom, I know spring is right around the corner. I hope you are doing well.

G, how is your Bible study going that you are teaching? I am so glad you are able to get on with your life after so many setbacks. I know you are an inspiration to those in your class.

Kathy, are you still in Idaho enjoying your grandkids? I'm glad you could share with Lynn about the tumor markers.

Mini, are you home yet from your Florida visit with your sister? Hope you are doing well.

Charlotte, how are you doing? I know you had to change chemo treatments. I pray that you have found something that will work for you without terrible side effects.

Jo, thanks for all of the encouraging banners. I will share a comical thing that happened this morning. It might fall in the category of TMI but I felt for sure that the Lord's protection was involved. As I was getting out of the tub today and trying to put on my under wear my big toe got stuck in my under pants and I started to fall into my bathroom counter. I broke my fall. It could have been really awful and I instantly thanked God for protecting me. Okay I know the visual is probably too much for you! LOL

My clothes in the washing machine are calling my name so I need to sign off for now. I hope you all have a good evening and those who are having active treatments i pray that they are doing their job and that side effects are manageable. Those dealing with hormone therapy I pray that you are learning ways to deal with the SE's.

I am wondering how some of you are doing that we haven't heard from in a long time. Debbie (Ireland) Gretagirl, Shirley, Vickie, Mags to name a few. I still think of you and pray for you as the Lord brings you to mind.

Love,

Nancy

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239
    edited March 2016

Hahahaha Joanne I warned you my memory is just not the best.... there are worst problems in life for sure ;) So glad for your news Ellen!

• brutersmom
    edited March 2016

Hi Nancy, Snow tonight and the 70's next week. Looking forward to spring. Work is getting busy. I love what I do so it is more like play time.

• longtimesurvivor
    edited March 2016

Here is an answer to prayer...!

My DH heard from his estranged daughter on his Bday Tuesday. She will come by and see us Saturday as well to meet puppy Otis :)

Hubby will make a round trip drive again tomorrow to see his brother - that's from VT to the Bronx, and back-- in a day. Pray for traveling mercies and that he can be a source of comfort to our sister-in-law.

Praying for all- and welcome to the newcomers or former "lurkers" ;)

Allison

• longtimesurvivor
    edited March 2016

Dear Debbie:

Such a tough thing whe we lose our darlings. I feel it. I am totally believing God for seeing my sweet dogs that have passed when I get to Glory!!

Mourn, but be well, and be encouraged that you played a part keeping part of Gods Kingdom in good stead!!

Xo

Allison

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited March 2016

Good evening sisters,

Well, the drama is finally over. After I found out that Tuesday's re-do was just a fluid cyst, I got a call yesterday from the tech....they needed me to come back AGAIN! They didn't mark a mole with tape and the radiologist wanted to do another set. Luckily, I had a scheduled appt today with my BC surgeon nearby so I had a third mammogram, to show the mole. Three sets of mammograms and two breast exams in 8 days is a week I don't want again!

Besides a good report from the surgeon and a clear mammogram , the highlight of my day was a joke at the mammography clinic....a mammogram is the only thing that can change a cup into a saucer.....😉 I am also thankful that all appointments are now yearly, not every six months

Praying for you all as I read the posts; welcome new ladies! I hope you will feel comfortable sharing your requests and concerns with us. Only a BC survivor can understand how it feels to go thru this disease, and we all encourage and support in our own way. We are at different stages of treatment and recovery; but I can assure you that we care.

Love, thoughts, and prayers to all....Ellen

• zjrosenthal
    edited March 2016

Great news,Ellen. So happy for you. Well hubby came home tonight and said we can keep my cleaner till I recover. He was worried very unnecessarily about paying her. He sometimes makes such unnecessary drama very simple things. I will try to remember not to get sucked into his stuff. God is teaching me how to handle this and recognize with compassion his handicaps. Love, Jean

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited March 2016

Nancy, I am well, thank you for always asking. You are such a treasure to us all.

As I read through the prayers, as usual, went up but I am so thrilled at our AWESOME God for all the answered prayers, good reports, and His tender mercies. I am so thankful for all of you as you pray and encourage one another. Prayer absolutely works.

Blessings.