thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• Vicks1960
    Vicks1960 Member Posts: 393
    edited March 2016

Nancy,

Things are going well for us now. I have just until Nov. to take this Femara/Letrozle pill. Just ordered the last refill!!!. We are in California for the winter, planning to go up to BC/AB to see nieces and nephews before we go back to Nebraska. This winter, two of my granddaughters (son's girls) each had to have surgery for Thyroid cancer. Then just today their mom also had to have the same surgery. It is not knows why they all got it....other 2 girls had their thyroid checked and both are clear. When the mom first was diagnosed a couple weeks ago, she was really worried, I texted a prayer to her, asking the Father to wrap His comforting arm around her, and give her peace. A couple days later she contacted me and was very pleased to tell my that my prayer had been answered. She is a dear friend (former dil).

Before Melody (my daughter) died, I had the genetic testing done for cancer (since I had had BC, my mom had had BC/Ovarian Mets) and Melody had stage 4 ovarian). the test came back negative for BRCA 1 and Inconclusive BRCA 2. I gave each of my granddaughters copies of the report that they can share with their own Doctors.

Thank you for your continuing prayers. I believe that when we pray for each other, it helps everyone grow in a relationship with Jesus.

I just finished reading the book "Broken For A purpose: by Gisela Yrhannan,. It is very good and now I see why God allowed some of the challenges we have had to go through the past few years to happen. I downloaded it free on Amazon Kindle several months ago, but have been told that now they want $2.99 for it. I found it very good.

I don't post often here but read posts several times a week and offer prayers for many...

Sisters in Jesus

Vickie

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited March 2016

Solutions

When we have a problem

The solution is at hand.

We can take it to the Master

For He'll always understand.....

The answer may be different

Than what we've planned or sought,

But God's great wisdom

Some lessons have been wrought...

So we'll keep on praying,

Asking guidance on the way.

Knowing God will lead us

To solutions right each day.

• footprintsangel
    edited March 2016

O God, Please take my weary soul transform it, and

renew a right spirit within me. Take my pain and the

tiredness and turn them into pleasure and joy. Remind

me with the wisdom of Your Word, and revive me with

the energy of Your love. You are the reason in the world.

Thank You for Your cool water on my parched soul. Amen

• Loretta_J
    Loretta_J Member Posts: 26
    edited March 2016

Hi Christian friends. It has been a busy week for me with two consultations or procedures each day. 

Consultations are finished, the infusion port is in, echocardiogram is done, blood work is finished, wig is purchased. Chemo starts Monday, March 5. 

Thank you for all your prayers and support. Please pray now that the chemo shrinks the cancer. I will have a chemo cocktail (Taxotere, Carboplatin, Herceptin, & Perjeta) infused every 3 weeks for three rounds, then another MRI to make sure the cancer is shrinking. If not, we will stop the chemo and have surgery. If it is shrinking, I will get 3 more rounds of chemo then have surgery. That will then be followed with 6 more months of the Herceptin infusion and then in addition I will have radiation. The radiation consultation will be on March 11th. 

I am still positive that will beat this ugly monster. God is good. I love this group and pray for you too. 

Loretta

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited March 2016

It is quite late here in Illinois but I wanted to check in before going to bed.

Vickie, so good to hear from you. Yeah for coming to an almost end to your AI. I know when that happens to be I will be ecstatic! I am sorry to hear of all the thyroid issues and cancer. I know my allergy nurse has said it runs in her family. I haven't researched that but my sister and I have nodules but I think there are many people that have nodules and just don't know it. I am still in limbo with my situation. I meant to have repeat blood work on thyroid levels this week and just haven't done it yet. That is going to help me know how to proceed. I have been on thyroid meds for many years and for some strange reason the levels are way, way off and I am suspecting the nodules are producing the hormone. Enjoy your travels. The book you mention sounds interesting. i might check into that. Take care and feel free to pop in and give us an update on how you are doing.

Brutersmom, you sound like you are in a good place. That is great to hear.

Allison, prayers for your DH as he travels to see his brother. That is such a neat thing that his estranged daughter is going to see him. PTL

Cindy, hope you are juggling all of your things and still have time to rest.

Ellen, I think you are going to be praying for a boring week to come! You have had enough fun and excitement for the next year! I have my mammogram on Wed and I pray for the boring route.

Joanne, love the cat pic. Cammie jumps out in front of me like she thinks it is a game and I have fallen into the wall because of her. She thinks it is all in good fun!

Debbie, I continue to lift you up. I am glad to see your posts. I imagine that is a good release for you when you can express your hurt and loss in a poem or prayer. I know when I was still able to perform with my clarinet, music was such healing balm for me. Continued prayers dear one.

Phyliss, thank you. I am glad to hear you are doing well. Yes, God is awesome and has answered some prayers for us in a big way.

Jean, glad the cleaning lady situation is working out. God is so good.

Loretta, we will be praying that this regimen will help shrink the tumor before your surgery. It sounds like you have had a very busy week and that you are prepared for the beginning of the journey. Just know there are many resources on this site in general and many ladies who start chemo find a thread that other ladies are starting at the same time and then can compare how each other is doing and can compare notes. Of course you can always post here and we can pray for you. There are great resources on so many subjects. This is a great site for women all over the world.

Let's continue to lift up Kath. I am very concerned for her. I haven't heard from her in a while. I know she has so much on her plate and it is such a stressful time.

Have a good night everyone. Remember that one of the best ways to build up your immune system is to get good rest.

Love

Nancy

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239
    edited March 2016

My neighborhood girl posse blew me off this morning on our walk, hahahaha but the dog still went. :) Beautiful snow and not bitter cold, some slippery spots on the roads I have heard but my road was wonderful.

Brutersmom, would love to get together sometime half way. Wouldn't that be fun. Wish I could have you all over for coffee :) Nancy you and I could play a clarinet duet :)

Jean yay for cleaners. I have found that my husband who is mostly a rock through things has his meltdown times too and I am kinda getting used to the possibility sometimes he just has to process things differently than I do. Glad you get to keep her a while longer. Makes me smile back the one time we were both full time (husband job was downsized since then to 4 days) and we would clean before the housecleaner came. hahahaha How dumb was that?

Vickie glad to hear things are going pretty well!

It sure is a great group, past present and future people because we are imperfect people who have a perfect God. I praise God to be as healthy as I am and give Him the glory for anything I do right.

Kath thinking of you as you adjust the work situation and all going on, know you are prayed for.

Allison you are so encouraging to others (as is everyone on this board)

Debbie I love my animals and my heart hurts for you. Love your poems!

Hi again bike fam! Hope you are well!

If your name is not mentioned please don't think no one cares, in my case I really struggle to remember what I had for breakfast for Pete's sake.

Waving hi to everyone else off to round at the nursing home. I love this part of my job since I can work through lunch if I want, and usually get out earlier than the office. Finished my paper due today last night and sent it in. What a relief. Now just some power points and a few other things. Only three more lectures to teach at one place and the online course starts on the 14th. I love being busy and take it as a gift that I can do it but things will be calmer next semester. Hugs to all of you! Stay warm (if you are getting the snow as in Pennsylvania)

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited March 2016

Today I am so grateful for my husband calming down. I just saw a beautiful female cardinal on a tree outside. We had a dusting of snow yesterday and everything is so beautiful. My dear God is so creative. Using Nancy's posts I have prayed for you all today. May God meet all of your needs according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Amen. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited March 2016

From today's Daily Bread:

"In time of trouble say:

First—God brought me here. It is by His will I am in this strait place. In that I will rest.

Next—He will keep me in His love and give me grace in this trial to behave as His child.

Then—He will make the trial a blessing, teaching me lessons He intends me to learn, and working in me the grace He means to bestow.

Last—In His good time He can bring me out again—how and when He knows.

I am here—by God's appointment, in His keeping, under His training, for His time."

Dear Lord, it's hard to endure times of illness and suffering. Comfort me and help me to trust You.

• zjrosenthal
    edited March 2016

Joshua 1:9

New International Version

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Love, Jean

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 947
    edited March 2016

enjoyeverymoment getting together would be fun. There is a good chance I will be in Lancaster next week. I will message you when I know.

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2016

Thanks to all of you beautiful ladies for all of your encouragement and taking time to pray for all the needs here. it is a beautiful day here but i am feeling weighted down by some things swirling around me. My sister is very sick and that makes it hard to know how to deal with our mom. There are some things of concern dealing with my mom and I am a bit worried. I am in the process of getting some new furniture and so far nothing is working out according to my best laid plans. We all can identify with that. I am hoping to get to my mom's this month and then three weeks in May. I am having a custom made sleeper sofa made in case I needed to have a surgery and my bedrooms are upstairs. The time line is turning out to be much different than I was told upfront so it is causing some angst.

I would appreciate prayers for my sister. It is her DH that had the four surgeries. We both tag team as caregivers for my mom with minimal help coming in. We are discussing the fact that my mom might need more hands on care. I would appreciate prayers for wisdom and clarity in these matters. I just had some blood work done today regarding my thyroid levels. I am not feeling right so I am anxious to see what the results will be and what that will mean as far as my decision to get a surgeon's opinion on removing the whole thyroid whether it is cancerous or not. I have not repeated the biopsy and have just wanted to take a wait and see attitude as I feel like that is what I was supposed to do.

Have a good night lady warriors.

Love,

Nancy

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited March 2016

Oh, Nancy, you have a lot on your plate. Yes, prayers for you, your sister and your mom. I hope you get the answers you need to make difficult decisions. Not easy.

I read posts everyday and continue to add all in my daily prayer time.

I am doing well, feel good, just always have the concern of increasing tumor marker number for which there is no reason to be found. I just keep praying and trusting God.

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited March 2016

Welcome bikefam!! This is such a wonderful thread!! So glad you have come here!!

I am back from Idaho, and we had such a wonderful time!! We are already planning our next trip!! Nancy, thank you for asking! Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!!

MySunshine! You are in my thoughts and prayers and like you, those darn tumor markers are always on my mind as well! However, it has gotten easier as time marches on!! I will have mine done in April!! So many oncs do not even use them, they cause a lot of worry and stress!! Don't you worry, I am sure everything is fine, with all the scans and tests that you have had done!!

• footprintsangel
    edited March 2016

Healing Power

God never allows a burden

Too difficult to bear.

All things are for a purpose

And God keeps us in His care.

We thank God for His grace

His love is always there,

And He forgives, as we forgive--

God's presence--we declare.

All healing power God offers,

Do not doubt or fear--

Just ask the Lord to help you,

The Bible makes it clear.

God listens as we pray,

He is our guiding light

Trust in God's power and love--

All things will turn out right.

• capinva
    capinva Member Posts: 53
    edited March 2016

Good morning dear sisters in Christ. It has been a crazy couple of weeks for me. The new chemo drug I started Avastin has been a rollercoaster. The first infusion was fine, no complications and it took the fluid away from the belly. I haven't had to be drained for 23 days now. Praise God for this answered prayer. I had another infusion 2 weeks ago and halfway through had a reaction. Yesterday they tried again and even after pre-meds I had another reaction. I truly believe God wanted me on this drug because He paved the way for me to get it. Insurance company kept denying it but after an appeal from the doctor we received the call before we got home from the doctor that the insurance company approved. It may be God's will that the one dose was enough. I'm very much at peace that I have had 2 reactions and I know God has a plan. I will see the doctor on the 18th to see what the next plan is. Just not having the fluid I have felt so much better. Have energy again and normal appetite even though I lost 2 more pounds last week.

At church on Sunday we had an intense meeting causing a split and half the membership walked out and moved their letters of membership. Unfortunately we are without a pastor and I am in a leadership role. I am very disappointed in the actions of a few of the members. I am praying to see where God wants me. It has been a battle for a number of years and since we haven't had a pastor for 1-1/2 years it has only gotten worse. I play the piano also so I will continue to play and since it is an early service I will go to another church for a later service.

Our dog had puppies about six weeks ago and the littlest puppy supposedly had liver failure. However he is doing so much better with antibiotics and acting like a normal puppy.

My co-worker in the office quit unexpectedly last week and that has also been a challenge and very short handed.

I may not post often but please know I am praying for all of you.

It is suppose to be warmer for us next week and I am looking forward to it.

I pray God gives each of you rest and energy and strength.

Charlotte

• zjrosenthal
    edited March 2016

Ladies please pray for me. I have misplaced my cumadin. God knows where it is so I'm hoping it will show up today. I am very grateful today for my husband's good mood yesterday. I am grateful for the sunshine. I am most grateful that God sent His only Son to save me. Jesus I love you.

I am asking for God's hand upon all of us today. Love, Jean

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited March 2016

'The Creator gave us all the Holy Spirit and on this journey we are required to think and act in a spiritual way. To make sure I conduct myself according to the Spirit within, I must make sure I develop my self discipline. Self control works best when we pray for the courage and power to do the will of the our Lord, Jesus Christ. We are here on the earth to do the will of the Him. Sometimes, we must battle ourselves to do this.'

Saw this on the website of a Native American Pow Wow we are attending today and loved the last sentence so posting here but with some minor changes as they had "Red Road" where I have highlighted.

Blessings.

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited March 2016

Nancy

Thank you for always checking on us. May you receive the strength you need as you continue to care for your momma. Prayers also for your sisters & brother in laws health. :)

I'm teaching breast cancer classes with Christ as the foundation. We just finished week 3. God is good. 5 more to go. If this pilot is what the Lord wants and it bears fruit for Him then we will launch in the fall with full advertising in the city. There is healing for my sisters happening in their mind, body & spirits. God can bind up the broken-hearted & strengthen the hopeless. Thank you for your continued prayers. God is good. His plan is perfect.

My stage 2 is scheduled for June but I am going to change it to the fall. Needing more time to heal.

Love you all dear sisters in arms.

G

• footprintsangel
    edited March 2016

Such Love And Joy

Lord, Your touch is everywhere,

Every place I see.

A small and budding blossom

Each tall and stately tree.

An adoring child,

Resting on his mothers knee.

Filling their little home

With happiness and glee

There is such love and joy

In all that You have made.

Glancing overran blue iced lake

While basking in the shade.

Father, You have blessed us

More than our hearts can hold,

Its worth more than the world

Of rubies and pure gold.

May we always love and adore You

Giving all the praise, now and forever.

Until the end of days. By Dona Maroney

• capinva
    capinva Member Posts: 53
    edited March 2016

• zjrosenthal
    edited March 2016

Today I I'm grateful for the service I was able to watch on TV this morning that ministered to my spirit. Thank you Lord for your presence. Also for the lessening of pain in my hip. I got ahead of myself yesterday and stupidly try to do some things I wasn't ready for. My dopey brain sometimes thinks I know more than the PT professionals and try to show off. As a teacher for overy 30 yeats you would think I could follow instructions. Well backnowledge on track today.

Ladies please pray for my husband. He hasn't been attending church since I came home from rehab. However, I am grateful that he is in a much better mood.

I am asking the Lord right now to give all of you ladies here a blessed Sabbath. Love, Jean

• Loretta_J
    edited March 2016

Jean- you're such an inspiration to me. I am praying for your hubby and that you will take it easy as you are suppose to. 

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2016

Thank you Joanne and Charlotte for your uplifting banners. Debbie, as always thank you for your uplifting poems and writings. I hope all of you are having a good Sunday. We are in the middle of a sermon series on Mixed Emotions. Today was on sadness and I am going to be completely honest and tell you dear sisters that I have been in a season of sadness for quite some time. I think it took a sermon to make me realize that. I am usually a very steady person emotionally but my emotions have just been all over the place. I had my thyroid levels checked again and they are still too high so my meds are being lowered again. I have never been on this low a dose before so i am assuming that the nodules are producing thyroid hormones and added with my weight loss has all made it difficult to adjust. I just started the new dose this morning. I am sure this would explain much of my emotional difficulties the last many weeks. It also has explained my insomnia that has kept resurfacing. I am not thinking clearly. I showed up to my nursing home ministry yesterday on the wrong Saturday. I took great sermon notes today and I think left them in the restroom at church and so it goes.

I do read all of your posts and I pray for the needs for those posting and those unable to post. I just have not addressed everyone the last couple of days as I usually do.

I will have to go downstate soon as there are some issues with my mom that need attending. My sister has been very sick and her DH sounded like he might be catching it as well. This is my BIL who just had the four surgeries so they certainly have had their share of stress lately.

Sorry to unload on you. Things will look better soon I am sure. i hope you all have a great afternoon and evening.

Love,

Nancy

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited March 2016

Praying for you, Nancy. Take care of your needs!

Hope you are doing well, Loretta. You are dealing with a lot too.

Jean, hope you found your Coumedin!

Capinva, Hope you are right and one treatment is all you needed. Praying for continued improvement!

Debbie Foots, Thank you for caring about all of us. Hope you are having a good day.

Thank you, Kindergarten!

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited March 2016

All, praying for each of you and knowing that as you go before the thrown of grace that our Father has wrapped each of us in His love and peace. In our trails, in our anxiety, in our depression, in or waiting and wanting Our Father is our strong tower and our refuge. Today, I spoke on Palms 55:22 using the Amplified version.

"Cast your burden on the Lord [releasing the weight of it] and He will sustain you; He will never allow the [consistently] righteous to be moved (made to slip, fall, or fail). ‭‭Psalm‬ ‭55:22‬ ‭AMP‬‬.

Lucy, always lifting you up! Praying that you are in your new treatment plan and that it is keeping things stable with no progression.

Eileen, praising God for the good report and thanking Him for hiding you in His bosom during the waiting period.

Kath, prayers focused on your treatment, strength, jobtransition and well being.

Nancy, lifting you up in prayer and your mom!

Those I haven't mentioned by name praying for you.

Although, I don't post as often I do read specifically to pray for the request.

Welcome to those who have joined this wonderful thread!

Love across the miles,

Angie

• Loretta_J
    edited March 2016

Thanks for all the inspiration I have found on this thread. I will meet with a new oncologist tomorrow. And most likely start chemo on Tuesday. I love coming here and seeing your inspirational posts even though most of you lovely ladies are having a lot of issues yourselves. May God bless each one of you as you start a brand new week. 

• footprintsangel
    edited March 2016

That Is What I know

Few things in life certain,

But I know beyond a doubt.

Faith in God is one thing

That I cannot live without.

I don't know what each day holds

Yet God is at my side,

And through prayer, I'm confident

What I need He shall provide.

Oh, others might let me down,

But God is steadfast and true;

He will take good care of me...

And do the same for You

• zjrosenthal
    edited March 2016

Today I am grateful for the sun shining on my face as I look at the window. I am grateful that my hip replacement is done and then I am healing slowly, but I am healing. I found my cumadin. It was in the drawer. It just showed up there. I had taken all the meds out of the drawer and couldn't find it but yesterday it showed up. God must be laughing at me. Love, Jean

• bikefam
    bikefam Member Posts: 98
    edited March 2016

The sun is out, the temperature is 48 and although there is still snow on the ground here in Northern Michigan, we are feeling blessed to have spring on it's way.

Carla

Smile

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2016

IMPORTANT NEWS REGARDING KATH

Ladies, I have been very burdened this weekend for Kath. I did not want to post anything inappropriate but if you look at her recent posts on another thread you will understand that her condition is very grave. We have grown so close since we met on this thread and it is breaking my heart to know she has been suffering so much. I contacted her assistant at her place of work. Kath and I had set this up months ago when I wanted to have someone who would contact me if something happened to her. I have not heard from Kath for several days which is not like her so I was worried. I was going to hold off contacting her co worker but I emailed her last night and got word this morning according to her DH that she was not good. I just got another email from her coworker and Kath's DH called to tell her that they went to the hospital last night and she is in ICU. Please pray for Patrick, her DH and her twin boys Forrest and Taylor. They are both juniors in college and I know Kath so wanted to see them graduate. Pray that if this is Kath's time that she will go peacefully.

I am sorry not to address others these last few days. I have been so worried for Kath and I am pretty broken up right now.

Love,

Nancy