thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited February 2016

Thank you for your post, Kindergarten. While nothing can be found, having markers go up does cause stress and anxiety.

Welcome Loretta, I am 67 and try to post every couple of days. I am trudging along trying to do as much exercise as possible even though I am having some joint pain from Arimidex. I also just started volunteering for a respite group that provides day care once a week for people with Dementia and Alzheimers. My mom had Dementia so I know the need is there for caregivers to have a day off.

Debbie Foots, I have been praying for good results from your biopsy.

And, as always, daily prayers going up for all of us.

• She-Angel
    She-Angel Member Posts: 97
    edited February 2016

Evening ladies, just poked my head in to see what I have missed over the last week. My post may be spread out but you all continue to be in my thoughts and prayers

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited February 2016

Happy Friday dear ladies,

I pray that you are all seeing the blessings that are all around us.

More later

Love,

Nancy

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239
    edited February 2016

Yay Aurora, that is wonderful news. Hi everyone else! Drive through post. Making dinner then the hubs got two movies, will be so nice to relax... sometimes I just need to put those brakes on! Love you all!

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited February 2016

JoAnne praying for your pain to subside. Dear Lord I pray for JoAnne you know what she needs and you know her pain. Please heal her pain and be close to her. In your name Jesus Amen

Aurora

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited February 2016

There is no such thing as hopelessness. But it can

feel like everything is hopeless when you are suffering.

Your soul is screaming and your heart is heavy. The

pain can get unbearable.

Let me repeat that no situation is hopeless once you

invite the Lord to help. He is weeping for you, and He

wants to comfort you. Turn to Him, rely on Him, He is

the one certainty in whom you can believe. When the

suffering becomes unbearable, let God bear the load. He

is the God of reconciliation. And He love You so very much.

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited February 2016

Short, but Walk tomorrow...board meeting still remains to be seen. I know God has it in control.

Nancy, Jo and all of you I have felt the chemo working visioned it disappearing slowly.

Had treatment and counts yesterday.  He is so darn good. Marker went from 172 to 

109,,,,,,,,,,,!in two weeks.  Thank you Jesus And to all of you

Hugs and prayer

Kath

Taylor came home as a surprise too!!!!!!

☝️☝☝😻🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

She, I know you have been discouraged. I have been praying for you even though I don't mention you every time. I am praying that your pain improves and that you can find a new church that you will feel comfortable in and can grow and bless others as well.

Cindy, I hope you had some good down time with DH and enjoyed some good movies. After a hard week at work it is really nice to just relax at home. You have a lot going on and need that down time.

Joanne, praying that your back graft scar will calm down and I hope your tens unit will help. I hope you get a really good night's rest and will feel so much better tomorrow. We are having a couple of warm days this weekend which I can't wait. Maybe go out with my camera.

Jean, praying that you are feeling encouraged and not overwhelmed. Praying that your PT is going well and that you will maybe be home soon. Hang in there dear sis.

Aurora, I can't imagine how you must feel but I am sooooooooooooo happy for you. You have been through so much and this is such awesome news. Can you see my happy dance. lol

Debbie, that is a very good word for us. The Lord tells us that he is made strong in our weakness. Sometimes He has to carry us through tough spots in our lives. I am praying that your biopsy is benign.

Kath, we have all been lifting you up during this very big week in your life. So many things to do and decisions to make. I am thrilled to hear that you are eating more. I am envisioning the exact opposites. That the tumors in your abdomen will vanish into nothingness and that your body will slowly fill out and gain healthy weight. You are doing great. God is doing great in you. Father I pray that you would give Kath an enormous amount of energy for this walk fundraiser tomorrow. She will probably see many people who haven't seen her in a while and I pray that you can keep her strong emotionally and spirtuallyn and physically as she talks to participants and family members. Let the joy of the Lord be her strength tomorrow. Get a good nigh't rest and I will be praying for you and I know many on here will be also. You can do this!

Have a great weekend sister warriors. Bev, if you are still reading Happy Birthday.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239
    edited February 2016

I love the inspirational pictures you all post and of course Debs poems and when anyone even prays for us what a blessing we have this freedom. Love you all. Kath praying for you. Joanne asking God to help you feel better. Nancy how is your BIL? hope he is doing better. She-Angel hope you are doing ok!

Hoping all the rest of you are having a great day. So excited that the weather is a little better. :)

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited February 2016

I am home! Praise and glory to the King of Kings, the Lord Most High! Thank you my dear sweet Jesus. I climed the stairs from the basement. We got the bathroom set up, got everything unpacked and put away. The kitchen is organized, house cleaned. Soninlaw set up the shower. All is well. Resting now. Many miracles todsy. Love, Jean

• Loretta_J
    Loretta_J Member Posts: 26
    edited February 2016

It is so encouraging to see this group still active. I am a Christian who is very active in the local church and Southern Baptist Disaster Relief on a national level. I have lots of Christian friends praying for me. But I appreciate that you ladies are here to support me. 

I am 69 and have been an insulin dependent diabetic for nearly 39 years. I have other health problems as well. Some due to aging, some I've  had forever. But I feel as though I have been so blessed to have been cancer free until now. Breast and colon cancer run on both sides of my family. I am BCRA2 positive. 

I found a lump in mid Jan this year, one week before my annual mammogram was scheduled. Nothing showed up last year. It was Stage IIIB already with a 4.5cm mass. The Ki67 was 85. I am HER2 positive as well so hopefully Herceptin and Perjeta will shrink it enough for surgery.

I start chemo next week. I will see a second opinion MO from UNM Cancer Center on March 2. Hopefully my Lovelace Women's Cancer Center MO has chosen the the best course of meds. 

I will have 3 rounds of those along with Taxotere and Carboplatin every 3 weeks, then have another MRI to see if my masses are shrinking. If not I will have surgery followed by more chemo then radiation. I have multiple lymph nodes involved with a 2.5cm tumor in one and it has invaded the arm pectoral muscles but not the chest wall. 

Please pray that the chemotherapy shrinks the tumors in that first 3 treatments so that I have a chance of surviving. Another prayer request is to be able to keep my blood sugars under control. Steroids run them into the 500 range and I take that for 4 days every 3 weeks when I am having treatments. 

You ladies are awesome. 

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

Dear ladies,

I hope you all had a good day. When I looked at the weather map for the US it looked like great weather for the majority of the country. So I hope you all had a chance to get outside and enjoy it you were able.

Kath, you have made it through a very tough week. I hope you are enjoying some good rest with your surprise visit from Taylor. Hope you managed through the fundraiser walk today. Continued prayers for successful negotiations with your board.

Joanne, praying that today was a much better day as far as GI issues and pain. Love your banners.

Cindy, I was pleased to hear that my mom, sister and BIL all went out to eat last night. I was tickled to hear that. He is doing better. I know just a few days ago she was so concerned about how weak he was but he is doing much better now. Thanks for asking. Hope you are enjoying some down time with family.

Jean, so glad you are back home now. That is really remarkable, My aunt had to spend many weeks in a rehab facility after falling and breaking her hip and having surgery but she is much older than you are with many health problems. Prayers for continued healing.

Loretta, I am sorry the way things have worked out for you, but you are in a great place for others going through similar things to pray with you and share. i know a couple of woman on this thread have done very well with Herceptin and Perjeta. One of those ladies has moved on and doing well and the other is Jean who just had a hip replacement and I am not sure if she will is up to reading all of the posts. We will pray that these treatments will help shrink the tumor. You do have some added challenges with your diabetes but there again you are not alone in having more than one issue going on at the same time. We have seen some amazing things on this thread so try to keep your eyes on the Lord and stay positive that you will get through this. We will pray as your start chemo and will pray that your side effects will be manageable.

Praying for you dear ones.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

It was almost like spring today so took a break from housework and got outside with my camera. Hadn't been for a while. I am going to share some of my pics from today.

This is a carillon along our Riverwalk. In the summer they have concerts in the park and have special musicians from all over the world to play this carillon.

I was watching this couple trying to fly this kite. I got a pic of it during it's five second flight. LOL

Then in the same park I watched this guy flying a drone.

I went to a couple of other parks to get these pics. The red winged blackbird is a sure sign of spring.

That's all folks,

Have a great night.

Love

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited February 2016

My dear sisters, God is just so good. Last night , the first night I was home from rehab, was difficult. Headache and general achiness kept waking me up. I took my last pain pill at 6 a.m. this morning. The headache is gone. I've had a wonderful day today in the Lord. I watched a very inspiring message on TV that was meant for me. It told me to apply my faith to what He has told me. I was able to get out on my deck by myself and enjoyed the beautiful weather. My angst last night about my new hip has been again replaced with joy and thankfulness. Love, Jean

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited February 2016

Hi, Loretta!! Welcome to this wonderful thread!! I am sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis, but You are in the Great Hands of Our Lord and a wonderful medical team! So glad you have joined us here, and you will receive encouragement and support!

• Tobycc
    Tobycc Member Posts: 578
    edited February 2016

Praying for all of you. Had a successful walk. More people than ever. Lots of z "are you okay?

Exhausted. In pain, mouth sores etc 

Starting negotiation process. 

It is stressful to do this 

Need to spend an hour tonight in prayer

Love you all🙌🙌

Kath

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

Ladies I am taking a chance to not offend but I want to share this poem with you for our special Debbie (Foots)

The Rainbows Bridge Poem

image Rainbow Bridge image

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

• Loretta_J
    Loretta_J Member Posts: 26
    edited February 2016

Kath - I am new to this thread, but my heart goes out to you and you are such an encouragement to us who are just starting this journey.  I pray that you will have a restful night.  Thanks for sharing the picture and congratulations on completing your walk.

Loretta

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

Hi ladies,

I just saw that Debbie (Foots) did publicly tell everyone her service dog, Faith died. Let's surround her with your love and your prayers during this most difficult time. I think she felt the way I do with my pets. They are family and are like our children. As she waits for her biopsy results and already deals with so many challenges she has a lot on her plate right now. Please pray for her now.

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

Loretta, I am praying for you as you start chemo this week. We will all surround you with love and support during this difficult time. Praying for the chemo to do it's job with minimal side effects. Glad to see you are getting the hang of this site and have posted your beautiful pic and some facts.

Joanne, thanks for your nice comments. We see about framing that one. It is one of my favorites too. Praying that your pain is much less this week.

Jean, glad you are being comforted by the Lord. You will get through this time and look back and see all the blessings that He has given you on the journey.

Ellen, how did your scans turn out? Praying for you dear sis.

Kath, all I can say is that you are the most amazing person that I have ever met. I am so glad that Taylor came to support you. I know the walk had to be so difficult for you and I prayed so hard for you for strength. Actually this whole last few days I have prayed for you so much as I know each of the days have been so difficult. Praying for your ongoing negotiations. I will repeat what I said recently, God has not brought you this far to abandon you now. We are all lifting you up dear sis.

Love you all,

Nancy

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited February 2016

Yes, prayers for Debbie Foots. And my she know her dog is in doggy heaven where they run free and are happy. Yes, our pets are family.

Congratulations to Kath and may she continue to just get better!

Jean, glad you are home and praying that you will get stronger every day!

Jo, prayers that you have peaceful and pain free days.

Loretta, Special prayers going up for you as I read your posts and whst you are going through. May God bless you with His grace and allow the treatments to do the job of helping you kick Cancer tight out of you. Keep your faith strong and trust that God is holding your hand. We all have learned that we are stonger than we ever thought we could be. And, we are here for you.

Nancy, thank you for being you! :)

Love and good night prayers for all!

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited February 2016

Sending prayers of healing and comfort to all of you! God is good and He will provide. In Jesus name.

Amen

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited February 2016

Smile, be happy, laugh a lot,

Don't shed another tear;

A wonderful life is waiting for you,

So face it without fear.

There'll be a problem to solve, hurdles to cross,

Work hard and know you can cope.

With God at your side, Him as your guide

Each day will bring you new hope.

Days will pass and turn to years,

The ache in your heart will son heal;

Keep your faith and know that God always cares,

So tackle each new day with zeal.

Courage my friend, and trust be with you,

Accomplish each task with a grin;

Hang in there, you will make it I know,

Remember your God, you have Him. By Ruth Gilmour

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited February 2016

Good morning friends,

I have a prayer request...I had a scheduled mammogram last Wed., and I just got a call from the mammography clinic that I need to go back for extra pics ( and possibly an ultrasound) of my right breast. This isthe same breast I had DCIS in 2014, so it could be scar tissue from the lumpectomy. Going tomorrow after my Bible Study to have add'l pictures. My prayer is that the area in question is scar tissue, a harmless cyst, or nothing of concern.

Only BC survivors understand the emotions of that call to come back and look again. Saying over and over.....God is in control...

Thanks for your prayers....will post when I know more ...blessings to you all...Ellen

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

OH Ellen,

I just read your PM thinking your mammo was probably okay and then read your post. I am praying hard that this will just be scar tissue. Let those words to Gaither's song that Joanne posted sink into your soul and wrap you in peace. Praying dear sister.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited February 2016

Debbie, Kath, Loretta,

Praying for you ladies especially hard today.

Love

Nancy

• longtimesurvivor
    longtimesurvivor Member Posts: 88
    edited February 2016

Dear Ellen,

I and most all of us understand that icy feeling in your veins when these things happen. So glad they can check you fast- please update us. I am praying for you-

All

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited February 2016

Hi, BlessedTeacher, prayers for clean results!! Blessings!!

• longtimesurvivor
    longtimesurvivor Member Posts: 88
    edited February 2016

So-

I have no idea why my name keeps posting as "All". It cuts off my name which is Allison!

(Just FYI)

Allis