thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited March 2016

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited March 2016

Today I am so grateful for a crisis averted. I was in the emergency room yesterday because I had some pain where my hip replacement was and my surgeon thought I should have it checked out and have an Xray. A friend took me, spent the whole time there with me and the X-ray showed no fracture praise God. We were also able to pray with the nurse practitioner who was very stressed out. She was so grateful, closed the curtains and allowed us to pray for her. God is so good. Truly He works all things together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited March 2016

Well the ER was just the beginning. This morning I discovered that when I came home last night instead of taking 3, 1 microgram tablets of Coumadin I took 3, 5 microgram tablets of Coumadin. I finally got in touch with the Coumadin Clinic at Hospital for Special Surgery and the lady told me to stop taking Coumadin. I think God must have a whole legion of angels assigned just to keep me safe from myself. Isnt He wonderful. Teehee. Love, Jean

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited March 2016

Nancy, Have a wonderful time at the Flower Show!!! Enjoy, Enjoy!! You deserve it!!

Jo-5, prayers for continued healing for your daughter!!

Have a Very Blessed Sunday, Everyone!! We take our Son to the airport tomorrow!! He has a two week Spring Break, and he will spend it with his family in Boise!! Hubby and I sure miss our grandchildren , but we will see them in April! Prayers for safe travel and continued restoration of their marriage

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239
    edited March 2016

Jean, first of all I am glad you noticed the coumadin error! Secondly how sweet of you to pray with the nurse practitioner. Perhaps it will help her think about things especially with Easter so near.

Joanne I am praying your ASarcoma stays far away! Also for your pain that God will be merciful and help it to be controlled as well.

Nancy- thanks for your thoughtful posts, always so kind...

Off to early service then to work. Hugs to all of you and hoping you have a great day today. We are going to get snow which is interesting. hahahaha Happy ALMOST Spring!

• zjrosenthal
    edited March 2016

Today I am grateful for some good sleep. We were going to try to get to church today but with my cumadin issues I think it's wise that we stay home. Please pray for my husband. He lost his glasses. Also he gets very disoriented at night when he stops taking his medication and we have some firearms in the house. I have asked the men in my family to intervene and speak to him. Please pray that when they do speak to him he will be open to their suggestions to make things safer. Love, Jean

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited March 2016

Dearest Jean!! Prayers for your husband, and hopefully the firearms will be removed!! Praying for safety as well!!!

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2016

Happy first day of spring to all our ladies of faith.

Joanne, thank you for posting for prayers for me. I had a great time at the Chicago Garden and Flower show and Navy Pier and got a few good pics. I am not feeling well today and am having some GI problems. Either something I ate or a touch of a stomach virus. I will be heading to my mom's the Thursday after Easter so I need to be in good shape both physically and emotionally.

Glad to hear that Lisa is doing well. I am sure they got the thyroid out before the nodules did any damage. It is scary how they can grow. Praying for a speedy recovery for her.

Jean, praying that you will have protection and glad the meds mix up didn't cause any obvious problems.

Kathy, thank you always for your encouraging spirit. Praying that your son will have a great reunion with his family on his break.

Cindy, thank you for your encouragement. You have so many things to juggle I am amazed at all you are doing.

Allison, how are you and DH doing? I know I am still grieving the loss of Kath and I can only imagine that your BIL's passing is very difficult. Prayers for you and your family.

Debbie (foots), I miss hearing from you. How are you doing?

Angie, how are you feeling? I hope you are doing much better.

Have a great week everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• bikefam
    bikefam Member Posts: 98
    edited March 2016

Jo, it was 15 degrees on the first day of spring in Northern Michigan. But the sun was out. PTL.

Carla

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited March 2016

Good Morning Sisters,

This was one of my morning devotionals. we have all dealt with cancer in various stages and with this disease with family and friends, andthe message still resonates. Our God is in control!

http://devotional.upperroom.org/devotionals/2016-0...

Love you all and praying for you today!

Ellen

• bikefam
    bikefam Member Posts: 98
    edited March 2016

Ellen, That is something we all have to remember. Cancer or no cancer, we all face trials in this life and need to depend on God's Grace to get us through to our eternal reward.

Carla

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2016

Good morning ladies,

Ellen, thank you for sharing that devotional. It reminds me of Kath's courageous attitude when she was not given much time.

Carla, it is still pretty nippy in Illinois but I do have daffodils which are just about to bloom. This is quite early for us but in general our winter was quite mild. I bet you are itching for some nice long bike rides in warmer weather.

Have a great week everyone as we go into the heart of the Easter season.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited March 2016

I am so grateful today for the beautiful sunshine and somewhat cold weather. Well it still is March. I'm also grateful for a couple friends who volunteered to drive us to church for Easter Sunday. God is so good to us. Love, Jean

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited March 2016

Hi All, quick prayer request. I am on the mend but not quite there yet. Asking for prayers that I am able to speak at a panel discussion tomorrow. I am on a panel discussion with other Sr. Level Executives to discuss Women In Leadership --- Mentoring Leaders for 2020 and beyond. The luncheon is in celebration of Women History Month. Prayng that I am able to be cognizant, my words flow (brain fog does set in sometime) and that I don't continually cough during the discussion.

Ellen, thank you for sharing the devotional! Love it.

Love you all and continue to pray for all request.

Love Across the Miles,

Angie

• zjrosenthal
    edited March 2016

I'm up at 5am with a really bad upset stomach. My own fault for eating pizza last night. God is showing me over and over to use wisdom. I can't afford to bend the rules when it comes to my health. I'm 72 and it's time to put the recklessness of youth away once and for all. Time to grow up. Love, Jean

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited March 2016

Ladyb1234, I am up early and have been reading this thread. Just prayed for you and your request for doing well at the panel discussion. God assured me you will be in control. I also prayed for your cough. I had a cough for months and it can be so annoying for all.

Jean, be careful with the Coumedin. You should be fine once you get back to the correct dosage. They will probably want to prick your finger to check the number! I will pray that the firearms get out of your house! That is scary!

Nancy, Glad you had a good time in Chicago. Pictures?

Continual prayers for God's grace for us all. I am busy painting the walls in my house.....one at a time. I need to get a mask as inhaling the fumes cannot be good for me. Plans are to visit my children in the next few months, as well as back to Breast surgeon and oncologist for check ups.....and I suppose those tumor msrker bllod tests. Ugg! I just wish they would go down!!! That is scary too! Prayers always requested for that!

Enjoy the week as you prepare for Easter.

Lynn

• zjrosenthal
    edited March 2016

I'm grateful to be up and my stomach is getting better. Also, no more cumadin! Thursday was to be my last day anyhow so they said to just stop. I cancelled my 8am aide who gives me a shower on Tuesday and Thursday. I will do it myself later when my stomach settles. I am now able to shower myself using the transfer bench. I spoke to my dtr and youngest son and the 3 guys will get together and speak with hubby about the guns. I'm so thankful for them. I did my part and now it's up to them and Jesus. Whew! Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2016

Good morning ladies,

This pic looked like a good combination of spring and Easter and cuteness all rolled into one.

Angie, the scripture that got me out of bed today is "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." I kept repeating it over and over again. I pray that this will be the scripture that helps you as you on this panel discussion tomorrow. I pray that you will speak with clarity and boldness without brain fog and without coughing. I pray that you will inspire a new young generation of women who may be listening to this panel discussion to take leadership roles for the future. Not only do we want women in leadership roles but we want Godly women in those roles to help steer our country to the high and moral ground that we need to get back to. You go girl!

Lynn, can I contract you out to do some painting for me? LOL The last time I painted the fumes really got to me so I have hired out since that time long ago. They do have masks which would be hot in Florida but might help. Praying that those tumor markers will just not be a problem. My MO has never ordered them and sometimes ignorance can be bliss. I wish your MO's wouldn't keep insisting on doing them if the scans have been clear. I might post some pics later. I keep my current pics on my laptop and I am on my desktop right now.

Jean, I too have had some stomach issues the last couple of days. I am wondering if a bug is circulating because I am still not feeling well today. Hope your son and friends can take care of the problem in the house.

Joanne, those are good banners. Thank your for sharing those. Thanks for prayers for my thyroid issues. It has been a long haul trying to get my meds regulated to where I can feel normal again. I will be leaving for my mom's a week from Thursday and I have a long way to go to feel up to that. I could use prayer regarding that. Praise for Dan's getting into the doctor regarding this toenail and praise that Lisa is doing so well in her recovery. Now praying that you will have the stamina and pain control to enjoy your flowers. My daffodils are ready to bloom any day now. Woooooooooohooooooooooooooo. Definite sign of spring.

My mom did get a new roof put on last week so that is one really big thing to check off the big things to do list. Now dealing with her basement that flooded is going to be a very big issue and I need prayer and guidance for that one. I will be going back to my mom's after this week long visit for a three week visit in May and then hopefully have a bigger chunk of time to do more.

Have a wonderful day ladies. Let's continue to lift up Lucy and Steve. They have really been on my heart. Lucy hasn't logged in since Jan. 27 and she was just getting ready to start a new chemo. She was having a lot of pain and it sounded like she was experiencing weight loss as well. Her husband was only given a set amount of time and I know they both need prayer support.

Let's remember our ladies who are currently in treatments as well. I know Loretta has just started chemo, Allison, Charlotte, Debbie(Ireland) Lucy, Steve, for continued treatments and maybe not Aurora anymore(yeah!). Please let me know if I have forgotten someone on this list.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2016

Ladies,

Let's pray for Debbie (foots). She hasn't logged on for over a week and that is not like her. I know she has gone through a lot. I haven't heard from her and haven't seen any posts for over a week. I asked her how her thyroid biopsy was and never heard. Let's pray for her that God will take care of her whatever her needs are right now. Jesus, put your loving protection around our precious sister and fill her with love and assurance that you are right there by her side, embracing her and giving her hope, to feel your love and the love of those around her in her virtual world and in her community. Help her to deal with all of her health challenges. Amen.

Love,

Nancy

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited March 2016

Prayers for each one of you as I read the posts and Nancy recount of needs. Thank you Nancy for that. Still getting chemo as my tumor markers have gone up which they had never done since dx. Doctor still looking into switching me to Faslodex which is an injection but still I'm going to complete this cycle I have chemo tomorrow. I've dealing with a nasty cold since last Wednesday and welcome prayers for healing. Thank you my sisters in Christ.

Aurora

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited March 2016

Just reaching out to let you all know that even though I haven't been on much, I think of you all, and pray that all is well.

Blessings.

• Loretta_J
    Loretta_J Member Posts: 26
    edited March 2016

Thanks for your prayers ladies. I am 12 days out from treatment 1 (of 6) and getting better every day.

As I read your posts about upset tummies, I am beginning to hope that what I experienced for 3 full days won't be repeated after my 2nd treatment. I had severe diarrhea. Up to 15 loose watery stools a day. Worse than what I expected. Lomotil only slowed it for maybe a couple of hours but it was relentless. The nausea part was easier to control. The RN who gave me the Neulasta told me to take a Lomotil after each stool. I need advice before my next treatment so I can be more prepared. Does this happen after every treatment? It was the worst case of diarrhea ever.

Prior to that starting, I also on days 5&6 had severe upper torso pain. When I went in for dehydration on day 7 they sent me to see my doctor who said that it was not a usual side effect of TCHP. She had blood drawn for possible gallbladder or pancreatic inflammation but those were clear.

I've been reading and praying for you but am just now feeling like posting.

Loretta

• zjrosenthal
    edited March 2016

Loretta, I'm so sorry to hear about your diarrhea. For me using the BRAT diet helped. It consists of bananas rice applesauce and toast. I encourage you to speak to your chemo doctor before your next infusion to see if there's anything else they could give you to control diarrhea.

Today I am very grateful for having had a good night's sleep last night. Everything seems better after a night's sleep. Today my PT aide it's supposed to clear me for driving. I'm feeling a little reluctant to leave this safe cocoon at home, which seems a bit strange. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2016

Praying for Aurora for her treatment today. I am so sorry to hear that you will have to continue with your treatments.

Praying for Loretta that she can find ways to deal with her possible SE's.

Praying Angie that you do great today on your panel discussion with a clear head and no coughing.

Jean, praise for a good night's sleep.

I am still having stomach issues so at this point figure it is a virus.

Enjoy the day and look for the hidden blessings even in the midst of troubles.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2016

I love that hymn. We sang that last week at our service. Thanks for sharing that, Joanne.

in my devotions today this verse really spoke to my heart. I am sharing it below.

Psalm 36:7-9New International Version (NIV)

7 How priceless is your unfailing love, O God!
    People take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
    8 They feast on the abundance of your house;
    you give them drink from your river of delights.
    9 For with you is the fountain of life;
    in your light we see light.

In His unfailing love God sacrificed His only Son, Jesus, so we can have eternal life with Him. All we have to do is ask Him to come into our heart and forgive us our sins. This is the fountain of life which this verse speaks of. Jesus, is our fountain of life. He is the light of this world and the light in the darkness that has overshadowed our world in these dark days of terrorism that we live in. He is our hope when the world seems to be running out of hope. He is the answer!

Love,

Nancy

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited March 2016

Loretta, I had 4 treatments of C/T last year. I found that I went back and forth between constipation and diarrhea. No fun. It just slowly went away. I did not do any special diet as I did not eat much anyway. However, are you taking a Clariton (not D)? It helps the bone pain caused from the Newlasta shot. I had to go in for fluid IV's several times. Drink lots of water! I had upper torso pain too and a cough that never stopped! Oh, my, I remember laying in bed some days and kept saying " Just breath, I will get through this." And, I did! And so will you. Here I am now feeling really good and on a ladder painting my house! I must say I prayed ALOT! And now, I pray ALOT and thank God every day for His help getting mt through last year. I will be praying for you every day. PM me whenever you need special encouragement or just need someone to "talk to."

Jo, Yes, lots of prayers needed for the people in Brussels.

Aurora, Will pray for you and your continuing treatments. And, Nancy, come on, get rid of the tummy issues!

Hope all are well enough to attend Easter celebrations this week!

Love to all,

Lynn

• Loretta_J
    edited March 2016

Ladies of the Word. I would like to lift up phalia from my other thread. She was 5 days out from her AC treatment when she woke up dizzy and ended up in the hospital. She desperately needs lifted up. She is still there.

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2016

Hello ladies of faith,

Praying especially for those having issues with SE's. Praying for Loretta and her friend Phalia who is in the hospital and has apparently reacted to her treatment. This banner is especially for you ladies and all of us who are struggling with health issues or whatever challenge may be in front of us.

Lynn, we don't always get to hear how good people feel after they have gone through treatments so it is a blessing to hear how well you are doing. PTL.

Thanks Joanne for the banners. As we approach the heart of Easter let us keep our minds on Jesus who gave that ultimate sacrifice for US.

Love,

Nancy

• Loretta_J
    edited March 2016

Thanks for the prayers ladies. The diarrhea stopped today I am praising God for that. However I've had high blood pressure for the last three weeks, even before I started chemo - it just keeps climbing higher and higher. I have an appointment with my cardiologist on Monday and I hope he can get ahead of it.

This thread has been quiet today.I missed you ladies I hope you're just getting ready for Easter.

Have a blessed restful night.

Loretta

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited March 2016

Prayer request I'm still dealing with this nasty cold which has lasted more than a week my oncologist prescribed antibiotics but they're so strong I'm vomiting and loose stools. I'm tired and week. I'm seeing my GP tomorrow see what he says.

Aurora