thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited April 2016

Thanks Phyliss. So it is sort of like the Oncotype test. I think these types of things will be the standard treatments for many types of diseases in the near future. Obviously we have some of them now, That is nice that you both are so close to each other. Hope you can see the movies.

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited April 2016

Today I am grateful for the snow. Seems like we won't be able to get up to church but it is very beautiful. Hoping the spring flowers survive. Please pray for hubby. He is having eye surgery to correct double vision this coming Thursday. He had a bad night. Love, Jean

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited April 2016

Nancy I showed the children the beautiful Finch photography and they loved it. My boys made their own nature center a few months ago at the house & really enjoy going to the Audoborn Centers. :)

Hubby & I saw God's Not Dead 2 last night & loved it!!! I am taking the older 5 children to see it this afternoon. Wooohoooo!!!

Have a blessed day ladies. :-)

G

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2016

Thanks G. I love to photograph birds. I am glad your children enjoyed it. Sounds like you may have some birders in the making. I love that your boys have made a nature center. Very cool. I think I am going to put out a hummingbird feeder for the first time this year. Hope to have some photo ops from that too. I hope to see that movie. I loved the first one. Glad you got to see it. I have been meaning to ask you before and keep forgetting. What are your children's ages? I know you have three quite young children.

Jean, I sure hope your DH's eye surgery will correct this problem. I can't even imagine how awful that would feel to have double vision. I know he has had this for quite some time hasn't he? Snow in April. Oh well. Things are blooming at my mom's. The crab apples are in bloom but have taken a toll from the high winds we have had the past couple of days.

Hope everyone had a good Sunday.

Praying for Loretta's chemo tomorrow and for Joanne's mammogram tomorrow as well.

Love

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited April 2016

I am grateful today for more snow even if it means we don't get to Bible study tonight. God's will, not mine. Also for good connecting with hubby yesterday. I was on the pity pot yesterday till mid afternoon over not being able to get to church because of the snow. Then God ot me out of bed and moving, praise His holy name. Changed the bed, showered, made dinner and got back on track. I was stupidly looking to hubby to make me feel better and resenting him, instead of listening to God. Aaaaagghhh! Hope you all have a blessed day. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2016

• Loretta_J
    Loretta_J Member Posts: 26
    edited April 2016

I am glad it is done. I am praying it did no further harm and the mammogram is clear.

Loretta

• zjrosenthal
    edited April 2016

I am thankful today for the beautiful remaining snow. Also for a great nights sleep. Grateful for Jo's good news. Praying for complete healing for her. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited April 2016

Here is my sad magnolia tree which had just bloomed before the snow and is now turning all brown. Nancy, not being a photographer this is the best I could do.

Maybe God is showing me not to bloom too quickly when the weather has a brief warm spell. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2016

Good afternoon lady warriors,

Joanne, I am glad this mammogram ordeal is over and I hope they were able to get enough information. I am so glad you had two techs that worked with you. That is such an answer to prayer. So glad the tech said stop and praying that your soreness will quickly go away. Praying against fear of this angio coming back and that you can have peace regarding this. I know fear is such a common thing that all cancer survivors deal with and yes, even Christians. I know with myself that God can use my weak areas so that I know I have to lean on Him more. I am a very independent person and that can be a stumbling block because it can be very easy to try to do things in my own strength and that is NOT a good thing. I have been brought to my knees lately and God has shown Himself strong when I certainly didn't feel like I was strong.

Loretta, praying that your second chemo you will have experience on your side now and the unknown going into your first treatment and the anxiety of that hopefully will not be there now. Praying that your SE's will be manageable.

Jean, when I first drove into my mom's town the magnolias were in bloom and they are looking pretty sad now. We have had two frost here since I have been here. Very strange weather. It is always disappointing when that happens but warm weather will come to stay very soon I hope.

I am still battling digestive issues and I am miffed as to what is going on. Since my thyroid has become so difficult to control I suppose that it could be affecting my digestive system. I have had to tweak my meds several times and have to wait to have blood work to check the levels because of that. The nodules are apparently producing hormones now which is making it very difficult to find a dose that works.

I hope that you all are doing well. I know many of you are extremely busy and some are probably enjoying the weather. Take care.

Love,

Nancy

• longtimesurvivor
    longtimesurvivor Member Posts: 88
    edited April 2016

Hi there-

Haven't posted much. Been busy. Helping out with a foundation and started feeding the homeless once a week. Giving a new perspective.. I can pray for each person here, and still be silent because it is well with my soul! So for now, I won't post much. My health is steady- my next treatment is Friday. We are all fine- no huge grieving process- all normal with regard to my BIL. Otis is incredibly adorable and all my 3 big whites keep me nurturing!

imageAllison

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2016

Allison, maybe your desire to have a purpose is now playing out in your current life. Maybe this is what you have been called to do all along. I pray that you will feel fulfilled in your ministries and that you can continue to do well with your infusions. Otis is just adorable and I am sure you get so much enjoyment out of all of your dogs. It sounds like you are doing well considering all things. We are hear for you if you need us. I hope you won't be a stranger and will check in with us as often as you like. Continued prayers for you dear sister.

Love

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited April 2016

Today I am grateful for the wonderful doctors God has provided for hubby and I. Tomorrow (Thursday) he is having surgery to correct his double vision. Please pray for precision, perfect correction and good healing. Thanks. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited April 2016

Today I am grateful for the surgeon God has provided to correct my husband's double vision. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2016

Jean, I have been praying for your hubby's surgery today. Will be leaving back home today. Will post when I can.

Love,

Nancy

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited April 2016

I had an interview for a p/t seasnal position today. While I was there, I was encouraged to apply for a permanent f/t position. I'm praying or wisdom. Right now I am on disability and can work p/t for about 20 hours a week. F/T would offer more money and benefits, but also more stress and the suspension of my disability. I'm healthy now and don't want to risk that, but my interview was clearly a God-thing. Just so many many things that unfolded with no expectation on my part as to what unfolded. So I'm praying that if now is the time to step out on faith and take a f/t job again, that I have a clear conviction of that, and if not, that I can be content in my present circumstances.

You all are such an encouragement to me. Even though I'm in and out here, I think of you all, and pray that God continues to work in your lives.

Blessings

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited April 2016

Mini1, While I am not on disability, I just did get a part time job at Pier 1. I love creativity and design and thought it would be more fun than a job, yet give me a little extra money too. So, this week, I had 2 days of training. Wow, am I tired! I am going to be working 8 to 12 hours a week at the most! I realized this week how nice it is to be able to not to have to work. I retired from teaching iast year (early in the year), due to diagnosis. I am sharing this so you will really think about whether you want to work part time and keep your disability or go full time. I find that I get tired quicker than I used to. I am sure being 67 has nothing to do with it! Ha Ha! The job will be nice, though, as it is very flexible and I can I be off whenever I need to in order to go visit my family. HAVE to get grandchildren time!

I hope by now you are safe and sound back at home, Nancy. Jean, hope your husband's surgery went well and he recovers quickly. Lorraine, praying that you are getting through the side effects of your second treatment. No fun, for sure! Sunday will be one year since my BMX and a month later beginning chemo, so it is fresh in my mind what you are going through.

Aurora, where are you? Are you doing OK?

God bless you all. Lynn

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited April 2016

Hi everyone as always keeping up with the posts and praying accordingly . As far as I'm concerned my doc and I decided to switch treatment since my tumor markers are on the rise. My last bone scan showed improvement but those loose cancer cells could be trying new places so starting next week I'm starting Faslodex and ibrance which I've read has less se than chemo I've been getting so we will see. I still have some cough left from "almost" pneumonia and I took my medicine. So I'm sleepy. I'll post more tomorrow.

Aurora

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited April 2016

God's Help

Did God help you very much?

Even just alittle touch?

That is cause you to know,

And to praise Him as you go.

"How long will He help," you say

Every day, each time we pray.

Each step along thus rugged way,

Until we reach that cloudless day.

• zjrosenthal
    edited April 2016

Today I am thankful that my husband's eye surgery went well. Thank you for all your prayers ladies. God is good. Love, Jean

• bikefam
    bikefam Member Posts: 98
    edited April 2016

It is so wonderful to know there are ladies with faith that are facing this disease and helping each other. I don't post much but I do follow along and keep you in my prayers. God Bless.

Carla

• Loretta_J
    Loretta_J Member Posts: 26
    edited April 2016

My second treatment was delayed because of low blood counts and signs of neuropathy. I saw my oncologist yesterday. The plan is to have an infusion Monday April 11 but to reduce one of the chemo drugs and monitor the neuropathy closely.

But the good news is the tumors have shrunk after only one infusion of TCHP. Praising God for that wonderful news. Your Prayers and support have been a very important part of this good news from the doctor. Thank you.

Jean - I am so glad that your husband's surgery went well. I pray that he will have no more double vision.

Nancy I hope you are safely home.

Aurora - I pray that your new treatment works with little SEs.

Thank you ladies for being so faithful. Good advice Lynn.

Loretta

• auroaya
    edited April 2016

Prayers sent for Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited April 2016

Today I am grateful for recovery from hip surgery going well and that my husband's vision is clearing and improving after his eye surgery. Praying for all to have a blessed day. Love, Jean

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited April 2016

Nancy

Lifting you up this morning in prayer. May the God of all hope fill you to overflowing & more than enough as this sickness leaves your body and you are refreshed anew. God bless you & keep you. We are praying!!!

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2016

Hi ladies,

I am down but not out. Thank you for posting for prayer for me Joanne, I really appreciate it. Thanks to you and Aurora, and G and others who have prayed for me.

Foots. so glad you are posting again and so glad to hear from you. I was quite worried where you were.

Loretta, praying that you chemo tweak will help this neuropathy. Sorry you are having trouble right at the beginning but that does happen sometimes and once things are tweaked then hopefully you will be fine and will adjust to the new treatment plan.

G, I was going to post some pics I thought your nature loving boys would enjoy but I will have to do that when I am feeling better. Hope everything is going well for you.

Jean, glad your hubby's surgery went well. PTL for that.

Lynn, I must say I am impressed that you have a part time job. You must be feeling good. Hope it all works out.

Mini, I pray for clear direction for you in your job decisions.

Joanne, we had hail and snow here yesterday. I guess we are paying the price for a mild winter! At least the rain has stopped here and it is sunny even though I am not getting dressed today and in my night clothes. Itching to use my new camera as the 14 day return policy came and went yesterday and I have hardly had a chance to use it.

Carla, I am glad we can see your pretty face now. Hope you are getting some bike time in but since you are in Michigan and this return of winter maybe not yet.

I would appreciate your prayers for healing and for wisdom for me. I have a few issues all going on at once and I need some clear cut direction in what to do first.

Have a good weekend lady warriors.

Love,

Nancy

• auroaya
    edited April 2016

Nancy, I am and will continue to pray for you for healing and wisdom hang in there.

Aurora

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited April 2016

Thank you Lynn for the advice. I always feel like I can go back to work - when I'm not working; reality doesn't always concur. The good thing with this is that I can do this seasonal position with no pressure to do more. Another factor is that right now I can go to yoga 3-4 times a week. I am amazed at how much difference it makes with my pain control. With yoga I only need to use a topical anti-inflammatory; no pain meds. I can really tell the difference when I'm not able to take classes.

Blessings

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2016

Ladies, it appears that Joanne has caught what I have. I guess these germs have traveled a long way from Illinois to Ohio. Please pray for her as well that she can get over this quickly. Thanks for all of your prayers.

Love

Nancy

• She-Angel
    She-Angel Member Posts: 97
    edited April 2016

Hi ladies, it has been a bit I continue to think and pray for us. It has been hard to get myself to come on the site, knowing I won't see any posts from Kath. Tonight I could not remember how to get into the discussion board and ended up in my private messages. When I clicked on the private messages I had all my correspondence with Kath from when we first started talking, it was like she was talking to me again and continuing to encourage me. It's strange how God leads us and moves us even when we are still. Be blessed and continue to be encourage as he is always there