thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited March 2016

Good evening dear ladies,

I wanted to ask prayer for Mags who many of you know from the past. She is going through a very tough time with her chronic fatigue and pain. Let's lift her up for encouragement and pray that she could find some things that would help her situation.

Loretta, glad your diarrhea has stopped. Will pray that your doctors can deal with the high blood pressure issue.

Aurora, praying that this cold will let up and that you can feel much better.

Joanne, praying that your pain gets better.

Have a good night's rest everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited March 2016

Sending my prayers as well. Our God reigns! Xoxo image

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited March 2016

I have read post and prayed for the prayer request / petitions that are posted and also for God to respond to those that are unspoken..

Praying for Lucy and Steve that God envelop them in His peace and that he encamp His warring and Ministring Angels about both of them. Lucy, you haven't logged on in a while but wanted you to know we are still here for you and pray for you diligently! Not sure if anyone has any contact information for Lucy? I would love to know how she is doing.

Aurora, praying for you as you adjust to the new treatment.

The panel discussion went well. Thank you for the prayers especially since this was not health related. The nasty cold is almost gone! Trying to get plenty of rest and excerise.

Loretta prayed for your and your friend.

God Bless All,

Angie

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2016

Thank you G for sharing that devotion. It spoke to my heart as I am still grieving alot for Kath and still trying to process it all. How are you doing?

Angie, so glad to hear the panel discussion went well and that you are feeling better. PTL

Love

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2016

King James Version
    But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Great

Riches

At

Christ's

Expense

• bikefam
    bikefam Member Posts: 98
    edited March 2016

I was blessed last night as I shared our Lord's body and blood at our church's Maundy Thursday service. I was reminded of the extreme suffering he willingly bore for all of our sins. That salvation is what gives me strength to go on day to day. May the Lord bless each of you as we go into this blessed holiday weekend.

Carla

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited March 2016

Today I am so grateful that have been cleared for driving. I was able to take my husband yesterday for his EKG for his pre-surgical testing. It felt a little bit strange to be out in public but also good. I'm hoping to get to church for Easter Sunday. After we are supposed to go over to my daughters and be with the whole family. What a blessing. Love, Jean

• She-Angel
    She-Angel Member Posts: 97
    edited March 2016

Good morning ladies, Nancy I love the picture it is so much like Easter. I have been away at a conference but I had Kath and her family heavily on my mind. I sent a card to the family and know that with so many folks praying for them they are going to be just fine.

Nancy thanks for the encouraging words about Juice Plus, I went to a tasting party for it last night and was so inspired by the food I was trying and the testimony from the other ladies that I am going to be a represenative for them. I have only been taking it a short time but I have been noticing some changes and I am very encouraged. I saw a FB post today that went back to last year and I was sitting on the chase in my sitting room in my pj's with a bowl of oatmeal, a couple slices of bacon and coffee that my husband had fixed. I was looking out the window with those horrible drains in wondering what was to come. A year later I am doing better than expected, now looking out the window of my apartment getting ready to meet our realtor at a possible house for us. I thank God everyday because he has been carrying and sometimes pushing me along when I want to get the "Debbie Downers" and say what ...more issues associated with the chemo...more issues from the double mastectomy....more issues with my scars..pain...it seems always to be something. But I know it's okay, the issues don't make me they just strengthened my faith.

With the upcoming Easter Sunday it reminds me what the real meaning of our Christian life is and what we are called to do and when I have those moments of fear and doubt I bring that back to mind.

I had no Easter plans but was thinking of doing a sunrise service since the honey is on night shift this weeiken but he wants to go to the new church that the members of our old church set up down the street from our 'old' church. I really am not feeling that but I said if he was willing to operate off 3 hours of sleep to go then I would make the effort and go with him. It's still strange trying to move on when you have been with a church for so long.

I pray that we all feel the renewal and revival of spirit and soul that comes with knowing the reason for the celebration of Easter. Happy Easter

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited March 2016

Happy Resurrection Celebration!

Our church will have a Sonrise service early Sunday, then regular worship at regular time. Looking forward to the blessings from praising and remembering the Resurrection of our Lord.

Our choir sang a song last Sunday with meaningful lyrics that I will share with you..sang it today as I took Zoe outside....( for complete verses Google "Blood of Jesus Be My All". By Cottrell,Moffit, and Smith)

'What can wash away my sin?what can cover every stain,?

Flood the darkness deep within, like healing rain?

What can make the broken whole? What can set the captive free?

What can satisfy my soul, my deepest need?

Blood of Jesus, be my all, all my hope and righteousness

In your mercy let me fall, on your grace and nothing less

Hear this sinner call, Blood of Jesus be my all.'

Feeling pretty good these days; left hip arthritis is starting to raise its ugly head but so much better than last year this time.

God bless you all with His richest blessings, including no SEs or pain.

Love, Ellen

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited March 2016

Hi all. Been busy but caught up on your 3 pages of posts! I do pray as I read and seen request for prayer as well as just pray for each one posting in general. Must say that I come to this thread and read through with a smile on my face. I guess that is because I feel the presence of our Lord watching over each of you. This is my favorite time of year as I know in a couple of days we will once again celebrate His rising. How awesome is that!

Blessings.

• longtimesurvivor
    longtimesurvivor Member Posts: 88
    edited March 2016

Took this photo at a cathedral near Brussels last year- the only angel depicted smiling! Happy Easter lady-Saintimage

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2016

Love the smiling angel Allison.

She, praying that Juice Plus will reap great benefits for you.

Patoo, Happy Easter. Glad you get some inspiration from the thread.

Ellen, powerful words in that song. I think that most of us only scratch the surface of understanding just how powerful the Blood is in our lives. Glad you are feeling much better than last year at this time. I think She was saying that same thing too.

Lynn, hope you are making good progress on your painting. I know it will feel so great to have it done.

Jean, glad you are cleared for driving. You have come so far in all of your health challenges. I know you are so grateful.

Joanne, praying that you feel good for this Easter season and that your pain will definitely start diminishing as your strength and stamina increase.

Brutersmom and Kathy, hope you are both enjoying a great Easter season.

G, I can imagine with your eight children it is a great time in this Easter season. Do you do Easter egg hunts and that type of thing?

Carla, glad you made it to church to feel the power of this Easter season.

Angie, praying you have a blessed service at your church on Sunday.

Mags, i hope you feel up to going to a service on Easter Sunday, Praying for you dear sis.

Aurora, Loretta, Charlotte, Cindy, praying all of you have a blessed Easter weekend.

Mini, Vickie, Char, Bev. praying that you all have a blessed Easter where ever you may be.

Debbie (Ireland) praying that you will be encouraged this Easter season and that your treatments will work for you.

Debbie (foots) praying for you dear sister. We are all concerned about you. I hope you are okay.

Lucy, we are so concerned about you and Steve. Know we are still praying for you and I sure hope you can find us again and tell us how you are doing. I know this has been such a difficult time for you. We love you.

Love,

Nancy

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited March 2016

Hi ladies,

Things are moving along here. Just finished week 5 of the bc classes. Great night so much healing is going on, thank you Lord. :). It is my sincere prayer that this pilot takes off for future times. We all go through treatment and then we are left with what's next? What do I do now? Or if we are still in treatment or maintenance treatment how do we deal with the mind, body, spirit war? That's why the Lord birthed these classes. I'm humbled to walk this journey out with my pink sisters. Thank you for your continued prayers.

Easter is a lot of fun. Our egg hunts take forever and honestly we put out so many plastic eggs sometimes we can't find them all. Lol. We do egg dying as well. I love having potato salad with those eggs so nothing goes to waste. We are having a single mother & her son join us which I know will be a great time. :). All the rest of the day is focused on the reason we call ourselves Christians. Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins. We praise our God for the shed blood of His son Jesus. He is Risen. Glory to the Lamb.

Love you sisters. Keep fighting. One day at a time, one step at a time.

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 947
    edited March 2016

I just came off exhausting work week and looking at what I need to get done today. I realize now how much the Lord carried me through the last 9 months. I am so glad he is in my life. It seems for many who do not know God that there is a sense of hopelessness with there diagnosis of breast cancer. I think and pray for all of you often. I hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow as we celebrate one the most important days in our walk with Christ. Happy Easter

• zjrosenthal
    edited March 2016

Today I am very thankful for being able to go to my upstairs bedroom and sleep in my own bed last night. Grateful for sunshine, for my husband, for all the blessings God has poured out so abundantly. May you all have a blessed Resurrection Sunday tomorrow. Love, Jean

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited March 2016

Have you a wonderful Easter weekend and pray 🙏🏾🙏🏾 that each of you are able to participate in a wonderful service tomorrow rather it be at a building or via tv or radio.

I praise our risen Savior as we celebrate one of the most important days in our walk with Christ -- his resurrection so that we may live! Praying that the gospel is spread (planted), souls are touched and ignited (watered) and souls are won(increase) and believers continue to grow in our faith and walk (increase) to glorify our risen savior on a day that will draw many that usually don't attend a service. Let the body be ready! Happy Easter!

I usually don't post banners so hope you like them 😀😉. Nancy me and my butterflies..lol

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited March 2016

Well I almost made it through the season without catching the crud, but it caught up with me. At least I'm not hosting Easter dinner. I guess I can't really complain, everyone I know practically, young and old has had it. Here's hoping it doesn't last too long.

I hope you all have a blessed Easter with your family and friends.

Blessings

• longtimesurvivor
    longtimesurvivor Member Posts: 88
    edited March 2016

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2016

Happy Easter to all.

Thank you all for your banners, pictures, scriptures and stories. Thank you especially for your prayers for all of us. Mini praying you feel better soon.

Those days after the crucifixion were probably some of the darkest days for the apostles and followers of Jesus. You can only imagine how betrayed they must have felt. How they grieved and how disappointed they were at the apparent outcome. How many of us are stuck in that dark period where we are waiting for Jesus to answer our prayers, possibly feeling like he has deserted us and maybe even questioning if He is who He says He is. How could a loving God allow us to suffer and to experience what we do on this earth. Just like the Easter Sunday that is to come with the wonder of the resurrection we all must live for that hope that our dark period will not stay for long. The Lord did not bring us this far to abandon us now. Our Easter is coming for the world to see tomorrow. The light at the end of the tunnel will come for all of us. We have to hold on to hope and trust in the God that will do as He has promised He will do. Let us look at Easter Sunday as new beginnings for each of us. Reborn hope in our hearts and our lives...............rebirth just as spring is coming alive. My prayer for each of you is that you will experience Jesus in a fresh and new way. My prayer is that I want to go deeper with Jesus.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited March 2016

He is risen. I am so thankful. Love, Jean

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited March 2016

He is risen. Hallelujah, Amen.

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2016

• Loretta_J
    Loretta_J Member Posts: 26
    edited March 2016

I loved all your banners.

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2016

Dear sisters in faith,

That same resurrection power that raised Jesus from the dead lives in us if we have Jesus in our hearts. Let's go forth with all of our individual challenges with that hope in our hearts that we are overcomers. Have a great week.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited March 2016

I am so thankful. Just got discharged from home PT. Tomorrow I see my surgeon for my 6 week checkup. Time flies when you're having fun! Love, Jean

• Vicks1960
    Vicks1960 Member Posts: 393
    edited March 2016

Jean,

In November our youngest granddaughter, had her thyroid removed because of cancer (surgeon said he removed tumor the size of a large fist), in Feb. her olderst sister also had same type of surgery, (no node involvement) then Mar. 3, their mother also had same surgery. Drs. don't know if it is genetic. 2 other daughters, ultrasounds prove clear for them. Fortunately, the variety the girls had is 94% percent curable. Seems to be an awful lot of the stuff.All 3 gals are doing well.

Vickie

• zjrosenthal
    edited March 2016

Isaiah 41:10New King James Version (NKJV)

10 Fear not, for I am with you;

Be not dismayed, for I am your God.

I will strengthen you,

Yes, I will help you,

I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

Today I am so grateful for the above scripture. The Lord woke me up with this this morning. I am going down later to see my surgeon in the city for my 6 week hip replacement check up. God has been so good to me. Love, Jean

• Loretta_J
    Loretta_J Member Posts: 26
    edited March 2016

Jean - that is my favorite verse.

• bandwoman1234
    edited March 2016

Dear sisters,

I hope everyone is doing well. In my efforts to be more present with the Lord throughout my day I find it so important to have a running conversation with Him. I believe that is what He desires from us is to give him our heart. He wants us to surrender everything to him so that in turn He can give us the abundance that He so desires to give us.

I will check in later. I will be leaving for my mom's in a couple of days and have to tie up loose ends here before leaving.

Love,

Nancy

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 947
    edited March 2016

I would like to ask for prayers for my Cousin Joan and her family. I learned last night that my Aunt Cleo is now in congestive heart failure and kidney failure and they do not expect her to live much longer. We celebrated her 100th birthday last fall. She has one sister who is still alive and she is 97 and still living on her own and my Aunts passing will be hard for her. They spent a lot of time together.

The picture is of her family. She was a wonderful lady. I always enjoyed spending time with her. I just pray that she will pass quickly and peacefully. She is receiving hospice care and the goal is to keep her comfortable.