thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited May 2016

Hi to all, I have been very busy, but wanted to check in and found I had three pages to read! Jo, prsyers for you to feel better and have less pain. Something even as small as a foot pain or a toothache can affect your entire body, so I understand. Glad to hear you are a little better, Nancy, and I love your photography. What a great talent to know how to take such amazing photos. Mine are with my iPad or phone! Happy belated birthday to G. Special prayers for Kathy's family and for you, Ellen.

Welcome, Gina. You have found a great group of Christian women to help you through your journey. Just one year ago this month, I had a skin sparing BMX. Had expanders with reconstructive surgery the end of September. Chemo in between. So, I sure know what you are facing if that is what you decide. PM me for any questions you have. I feel like an expert at this point!

Speaking of.....I applied to be a Living Beyond Breast Cancer community leader. I need to learn more about it, but I do know it is a two year volunteer commitment to be a voice in my community about Breast cancer awareness. There is a 4 day training in September in Philadelphia if I am one of 25 selected. I have prayed for God to use me in some capacity to "give back", as I feel so greatful for getting through last year. Yes, Gina, I feel closer to God than ever before. He got me through it! And, now, I am feeling really good. I want to do whatever I can to help others.

And, praise God, my tumor markers went DOWN, not up!!!!! I saw my oncologist today and, while I am still out of the normal range, they went down for the first time! It was a good day!

It is late and I have trip to Virginia Beach in the morning to spend a few days with my son's family. I will be playing with a 1, 3 and newly turned 6 year old! :) I have two suitcases packed. One with my things and the other with toys, surprises and craft materials.

As I turn out the light, every single one of you are being included in my prayers. I will read back over your posts to make sure I am aware of issues and requests. God is listening.

Lynn

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited May 2016

Thanks Debbie. I think we have all been there at one point. I know I have recently.

Lynn, I am thrilled to hear that your tumor markers actually went DOWN. PTL

Is the Living Beyond breast cancer part of the BCO.org ministry? Sounds interesting. I definitely think God allows us to go through things so we can be a help and light to someone else who may need an ear or some encouragement just talking to someone who has been there. One of the ladies I have met through my swimming told me a few weeks ago she found out she had bc. She asked if she could give me her phone number so we could talk further. I was glad to spend some phone time with her a few times as she was in the stage of trying to decide what if any treatment she was going to pursue. She was very appreciative to hear someone who had recently been through it so I know you can be a big help in your community as well.

I have almost finished day #5 on this digestive enzyme program which I have said it is like a slow acting colonoscopy prep. I will probably be on this for weeks and it is doing it's job. I just have to be sure that I am near enough to a bathroom since I am still figuring out how to predict what is going to happen. I do think I will be able to get to my mom's in a few days and stay for the three weeks unless something would happen and I would have a setback. i am not even thinking in that way. I am hopeful I will be able to go. I am feeling better in general but the GI issues may take some time to heal.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Love,

Nancy

• GinaSC
    GinaSC Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2016

Thank you for the prayers. I now have a surgery date for May 25th. I have plenty to keep me busy until my surgery so some stress has gone down.

Gina

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited May 2016

Jo, I hope your pain has eased some today. I am grateful that you shared that my hair loss issue could be due to surgery. It gives me hope that it may come back back. Love, Jean

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited May 2016

Praise the Lord!!, Lynn on your tumor markers!!

Nancy, so glad to hear you are feeling better!!

Debbie, your poems are wonderful!! Hope you are doing OK!!

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2016

Gina, we will be praying for your upcoming surgery on May 25. I have been praying that the Lord will give you that peace that passes all understanding in this time period before your surgery.

Thanks Kathy. Continued prayers for you and your family issues.

Jean, hopefully your hair thinning will be a temporary thing. That is what I am hoping for myself too.

Joanne, continued prayers for you to find something that will ease your pain.

I was able to get back to swimming today for the first time in weeks. I am still having pain and problems with my colon but I am hopeful that things will get better each day.

Praying for you dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2016

Have a good night dear ladies.

Love

Nancy

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited May 2016

When Twilight Starts to Bend

When the day is over

And twilight starts to bend,

It's then I sing my praises

To my Lord, My God, My Friend.

I Thank Him for the blessing

That He bestows on me each day

And for His tender mercies

That keep me from harms way.

How great He is, this God of mine

Who showers me with His love

And guards me with His watchful eye

From His throne in Heaven above.

Let me be forever thankful

For the countless joys He sends.

May I never fail to praise Him

When twilight starts to bend.

• Kindergarten
    edited May 2016
    Nancy, Prayers for continued healing! So happy that you went swimming!! The yellow rose is beautiful!! Thank you for your prayers! The power of prayer is so amazing!!
  • brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 947
    edited May 2016

I could really use your prayers for emotional strength right now. My neighbor died yesterday after a two year battle with esophageal cancer that had already spread to his liver before he was diagnosed. He was a great Christian. Giving and loving person. He was 20 days short of his 50th birthday and died on his daughters birthday. The family needs your prayers for sure. For me this has brought you all sorts of worries and fears. Suddenly I feel like I need to complete my bucket list now like time is running out. I know our situations are different but I really feel unnerved. To add to that. while I was writing this message I learned that a former co-worker died unexpectedly today. I guess you can call this a bad week.

Nancy glad you doing better.

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2016

Brutersmom, I will pray for you and the family members of your neighbor and coworker. When Kath died from our thread almost two months ago we were very close and it hit me so hard so I understand the shock and grief as I still feel it for Kath and her family. I know that the Lord really helped me through that very dark and painful time. When our world is hit hard by a loss our emotions take over and we feel like we will never be the same again and I guess in some ways that is true. Life does move on and I can say that I am much further along with that than I felt initially with my grief. I pray that you will be able to have closure with both of these people you knew and can feel your strength from the Lord.

Joanne, continued prayers for you dear friend. I hope that you will see many more days all in a row where you feel much better. I have that verse on my refrigerator from a church that prayed for me and made a little potholder and attached that verse. It has very special meaning for me now especially since I did not know the church or the ladies but this was a friend who put this into motion when I was going through active treatments. . Such a blessing.

Loretta, I am not sure if you are checking in anymore but praying that your treatments are going better.

Gina, continue prayers of peace and calm as you wait for your surgery.

Kathy, I love yellow roses as well. Just to make clear to everyone this is not one of my photos if anyone thought that. I will always point out which ones are mine because I don't want to take credit for someone else's work. Continued prayers for you and your family.

Let's all lift up Debbie. She is having a hard time and let's pray that she can get a new service dog soon. i know she is really worse off without one and she really needs one. Lord help Debbie's pain and provide for her in ALL ways.

Have a good night everyone. I am praying for you all.

Love,

Nancy

• capinva
    capinva Member Posts: 53
    edited May 2016

Good evening dear sisters

It has been awhile since I checked in but I wanted you to know I have been doing well. The treatments are going well and this is my off week from chemo. I see the doctor next week and start another 3 week cycle of chemo. Praising God the side effects are very minimum. God is so good.

Work has been busy and we start state testing next week. Our new puppy is doing very well and being a normal puppy. The puppy was diagnosed with liver failure but all blood tests are now normal.

I have a lot of reading to catch up on. JoAnne I hope and pray you have a better day tomorrow.

Gina welcome and I will be praying for you as you have your surgery.

Brutersmom I know what you mean and your feelings. Seems cancer is taking more and more people and I also experience many fears and worries when I hear someone in our community has died from cancer. I am trying really hard not to let the fears get to me and to keep praying. It is just really hard.

Even though I haven't been on here I am praying for all. God knows each of our needs.

Charlotte

• zjrosenthal
    edited May 2016

I am grateful for good PT today, a nice walk in the mall and good fellowship with hubby. Love, Jean

• Kindergarten
    edited May 2016

Brutersmom, you have had such a sad and emotional week! Please know that you,your neighbors ' family and coworkers's family are covered in prayer. We never know when Our Dear Lord will call us home!!

Welcome, Gina!!

• footprintsangel
    edited May 2016

Home At Last

Oh Master, Walk with me today

In hope that I will find my way.

When torments of this world close on,

My saddened soul is weak with sin.

Dear Master, take my hand in Thine

And let my will to Thee consign.

In joyous rapture I will sing

My gratitude to Christ the King.

For in this world of gloom and woe,

In wisdom, faith and trust we must grow;

Then by our side You shall remain

To lead us through joy and pain.

Then someday when my life is through,

In Paradise I'll be with You,

And all who've loved You in the past

Will share Your Heavenly home at last.

• Kindergarten
    edited May 2016

Charlotte, so glad that your Chemo is going well! Praying that your side effects remain minimal!

• zjrosenthal
    edited May 2016

Today I am grateful for my friend who does my cleaning who was coming today. Love, Jean

• Vicks1960
    Vicks1960 Member Posts: 393
    edited May 2016

This is a picture I took with my tablet a couple of days ago here in Zion Nat'l Park..

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2016

Good evening dear ladies,

I didn't get to bed last night until 3 am and I won't go into the whole fiasco but suffice it to say that I have been pretty much a zombie running all my errands today and just now getting on here.

Charlotte, I am thrilled to hear how well you are doing on your chemo. I know how crazy the end of the school year can be so I know you have to be very busy. Still praying for you and glad you had a chance to check in with us.

Jean, praying you can keep praising God and keep walking..........both great things.

Debbie, thanks for your post. I will say that even though I felt lousy today I made it a priority to thank God for all the blessings and how he has brought me through so many, many things these last few years. He will never leave or forsake us. Praying for Him to bless you with answers to prayers that you need.

Kathy, praying you are enjoying nice CA weather. We had a summer like day today. It was such a nice treat.

Vickie, thanks for posting that beautiful pic. I hope one of these years i will be able to go out West and photography the Red Rocks. In the mean time i will have to live vicariously through all of you who get to see them in person. God's creations never cease to amaze me.

Joanne, thank you for those beautiful banners. Looks like it could be some of your own embroidery. Hope you had a good day today.

Have a good night's rest everyone.

Love

Nancy

• footprintsangel
    edited May 2016

In My Heart

I feel Your love around me

As I sit and think of You.

In these moments of solitude,

I feel Your blessing true.

What Have I done to deserve

All the love You bring?

I bow in holy reverence

To You, My Savior and King.

Please stay with me always--

I need You every day

To show me the one true path

As You guide me on my way.

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2016

I hope all of you Mothers have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. God Bless every one of you.

God bless all of our wonderful ladies on this thread whether you are a mother or not. You are valued and special and God loves you and so do I.

Love,

Nancy

• Kindergarten
    edited May 2016

Yikes, Nancy, you need a wonderful nights sleep tonight!!! You are a wonderful friend to all of us.

Debbie! Your poems are beautiful!

Hugs and Love to all of you!

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited May 2016

Finally a beautiful spring day!!!! I am loving the warmth and the sunshine.

My hair has also become very thin, though I take Tamoxifen, not an AI. I have been taking biotin which seems to help my hair and nails. I've started wearing it very short, which helps. What doesn't help is that I am short, so pretty much the whole world can see the top of my head, so as a greying brunette, I have to always watch my roots.

I survived my first week of training. I'll be alone on Tues. Yikes. So many people and things to remember. I hope I do OK. I guess they will let me know if I don't. Everyone there is very nice. I think it will be fun, once I get comfortable with what I'm doing.

I wish all of you beautiful Mothers, Grandmothers, and daughters a wonderful Mother's Day.

Blessings

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited May 2016

Just a note.....I am at my son's with his wife and three young children. 1, 3 and just turned 6. So precious and so thankful I can spend time with them. They are moving to Hawaii in a month. My son is in Healthcare in the Navy snd he will be at the Pearl Harbor Base Hospital. I hope to be able to visit them there, but it sure is a long way from Florida!

Glad you made it yo swimming, Nancy, and continue to get better.

Thank you for praise for lower tumor markers. I was very worried going into that appointment. PTL

I love reading all your posts and continue to send up prayers.

Happy Mother's Day to all! We are all mothers to someone.....in one way or another.

Lynn

• zjrosenthal
    edited May 2016

Hi ladies. I am up after midnight trying to decide whether to get my pool liner replaced or just have it taken down and be done with it. Maintenance has become quite difficult. Also I am still getting a lot of pain and stiffness. A full nights uninterupted sleep is a thing of the past. Feeling discouraged and overwhelmed. Sorry for the rant. I thank God I am alive to be able to whine. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2016

10 [b]A wife of noble character who can find?
    She is worth far more than rubies.
    11 Her husband has full confidence in her
    and lacks nothing of value.
    12 She brings him good, not harm,
    all the days of her life.
    13 She selects wool and flax
    and works with eager hands.
    14 She is like the merchant ships,
    bringing her food from afar.
    15 She gets up while it is still night;
    she provides food for her family
    and portions for her female servants.
    16 She considers a field and buys it;
    out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
    17 She sets about her work vigorously;
    her arms are strong for her tasks.
    18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
    and her lamp does not go out at night.
    19 In her hand she holds the distaff
    and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
    20 She opens her arms to the poor
    and extends her hands to the needy.
    21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
    for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
    22 She makes coverings for her bed;
    she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
    23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
    where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
    24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
    and supplies the merchants with sashes.
    25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
    she can laugh at the days to come.
    26 She speaks with wisdom,
    and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
    27 She watches over the affairs of her household
    and does not eat the bread of idleness.
    28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
    her husband also, and he praises her:
    29 "Many women do noble things,
    but you surpass them all."
    30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
    31 Honor her for all that her hands have done,
    and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

• Kindergarten
    edited May 2016

Thank you, Nancy!

• footprintsangel
    edited May 2016

In my Darkest Hour

In My darkest hour

I trembled in fright.

Then I heard, " Come Follow Me,"

And I saw the light.

The Lord was smiling

As He spoke gently to me.

"Fear not my lost child,

I have plans for thee.

Faith will move mountains--

Bring You strength and new hope.

Life will have meaning,

You will learn to cope."

Today, I rejoice--

Give thanks to Him above;

Service for our Lord

Filled my heart with needed love.

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2016

Dear Ladies,

I would appreciate your prayers as I am leaving for my mom's on Tuesday and will be spending three weeks with her hopefully. I gave myself and out and told her if I started feeling worse I would have to come home. I have a ways to go before my GI tract gets back to normal but in general I am doing better. I still have days that makes me wonder but I will keep pressing forward and believing that this will eventually resolve.

Lynn, I am glad you get to spend some time with your son's family before they move. That will certainly be a nice place to visit in Hawaii when you can.

Mini, praying that you will be an expert on the job before you know it. Sounds like it will be a fun place to work with lots of excited and happy people all about.

Debbie continued prayers for you dear sis.

Jean, praying you can make some decisions at your home that may make your life easier.

Ellen, praying that your visit with your son's family and with your mother went well and that you are both moving forward with anticipation of what the next chapter of your life in ministry will be.

Kathy, praying still for your family issues.

G, praying you had a good birthday and a great Mother's Day.

She angel, how are you doing. I hope you can check in with us and let us know how we can best pray for you.

Angie, how are you doing? Praying for you and that you are balancing all of your work, ministry an life in general with God's grace.

Mags. praying for safety for you as these dangerous tornadoes have taken a big toll on OK.

Joanne, I know you feel like you take one step forward and then two backward. I do pray that those days of seemingly going backwards will diminish and that you will start having not days of feeling good but weeks of feeling good. Prayers for Theresa as well.

Prayers for Charlotte, Loretta, Aurora, Brutersmom, Vickie, Patoo, Allison, Char, Bev, Lucy and Steve, Debbie from Ireland

Prayers for all of our ladies that are in treatments both active and inactive. Praying that the Lord will give each and every one of you strength for the journey he has given you, knowing that He will always provide a way for you to get through with His grace, guidance and wisdom as your friends.

Let's remember to pray for Patrick, Forrest and Taylor as Kath's family has come upon the two month marker of her passing.

Have a good night's rest dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• footprintsangel
    edited May 2016

In My Heart

I feel Your love surround me

As I sit and think of You.

In these moments of solitude,

I feel Your blessings true.

What have I done to deserve